Warrior Axe Dual Wield Builds

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Warrior Axe Dual Wield Builds
Warrior Axe Dual Wield Builds
By SmoothC 2017-10-12 21:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm new to Warrior in the modern FFXI world. I grew up playing WAR/NIN way back when, then switched to RNG. Purpose of this thread is to discuss best in slot gear for a Axe Dual Wield WAR / NIN or DNC. Understand G.AXE is probably the most Damage producing for WAR but WTH lets take a look.

Would like to establish good and great TP, Ruinator and Rampage Sets.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-10-12 21:46:49
Link | Quote | Reply

It works okay, but Dual Wield Sword or Club/Sword seems to do more.

I either use Barbarity/Tanmo+1 or Bery Pick+1/Tanmo+1.

Gear for rampage is the same as my Ukkos Set. Ruinator has been kinda meh.

Rampage With Blood Rage Up/Nothing Up(If Skillchaining isnt an issue)
Mistral Axe/Calamity with Warcry up

Have fun with it.

/NIN, Suppa/Emicho Hands work well for most things.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-13 07:39:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Rampage is decent but it kinda lags behind Vorpal if your going that direction.

Rampage transfers fTP so fotia belt + gorget with some Multi-Attack, STR and crit gear tossed on top, same as Vorpal. BiS main hand depends, the SU3 one is decent, Barbarity has a lot of STR, and the T2 Reisen one can be augmented extremely nicely.

Ruinator is very meh but has a really nice SC attribute. Mistral Axe is the Savage Blade of Axe's, kinda ***at 1K but rediculous at 2K+. Then you step into Cloudsplitter which is also very nice in the appropriate situation. Axe has a lot of good SC attributes to make up for it's lessor damage compared to Sword. Same situation Great Axe vs Great Sword are on.

And like Skarwind said, Emicho hands + Suppa work for capping DW as /NIN.
By SmoothC 2017-10-13 13:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you for input. I was lucky enough to acquire 2x Digirblag's so I am going to play around with DM and stone Augs during this event and see what I can come up with. I'm guessing I should focus on DMG STR Crit%? Probably not WSD since it will only effect the 1st hit.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-13 15:05:13
Link | Quote | Reply

SmoothC said: »
Thank you for input. I was lucky enough to acquire 2x Digirblag's so I am going to play around with DM and stone Augs during this event and see what I can come up with. I'm guessing I should focus on DMG STR Crit%? Probably not WSD since it will only effect the 1st hit.
Wsd still pretty strong for mistral axe which is still pretty good. So if you get a good DM WSD on it it's worth keeping. One of my mules got a really good one awhile back when I was going for pet dt lol
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-13 16:18:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I really wouldn't suggest wasting DM augments on weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-10-13 16:31:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just toss some Taupe or Pellucid stones on them, try to get DMG+15 or higher wit STR / DA / Acc / Atk type stuff. Its a situational weapon so not worth using DM augs on.
By Pankas 2017-10-17 17:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it is not what author was asking, but may i ask about club (hexa strike with beryllium) setup? how should i approach that? Mods are like Savage's, but wondering if there is anything more to it? or even worth it at that. Thanks in advance.
By Nariont 2017-10-17 17:41:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Its club based rampage, gear it like that.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-17 18:04:32
Link | Quote | Reply

There are slight differences. 1 more hit means while dual wielding you can only get 1 more hit on the ws so qa/ta are less valuable than on rampage. tp mod seems less tested so hard to say if you want tp bonus over other stuff
By Pankas 2017-10-17 18:35:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Well mainly for fun and this months ambuscade. Thanks for info.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [729 days between previous and next post]
By Dreacona 2019-10-16 19:25:17
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm newly returned to the game and been playing with dual wielding axes and trying to build a decimation build. Seem to be going good so far and from what I read one of my best stat to build on is the double attack percentage. If there is one what is the cap in this stat? I know haste is 25%, but can't find one for double attack
 Asura.Crowned
user: Crowned
By Asura.Crowned 2019-10-16 20:02:56
Link | Quote | Reply

One day off from a 2 year necro, impressive.

You indeed read correctly, DA is huge for war. Double attack rate caps at 100%, so yes, its possible to average >2.0 attacks per attack round.