Ranger Weaponskill Sets

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Ranger Weaponskill Sets
Ranger Weaponskill Sets
By clearlyamule 2017-10-06 19:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

If for some reason you are wildfire spamming Perfervid sword can win for being one of your melee weapons. Especially with buffs
By fillerbunny9 2017-10-06 19:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

on the subject of Wildfire, never ever NEVER use TP Bonus Moonshade unless you are really concerned about the -Enmity, instead opting for a Novio for more damage.
[+]
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-10-06 19:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

clearlyamule said: »
If for some reason you are wildfire spamming Perfervid sword can win for being one of your melee weapons. Especially with buffs

It's a nice alternate weapon but nothing will ever beat double maxed Malevolence daggers for Wildfire. I've tested Perfervid sword with max buffs with an Idris Geo and it doesn't even beat the Vampirism sword.
By anik 2017-10-06 19:33:50
Link | Quote | Reply

For Magic Based Weaponskills wouldn't Gyve Doublet beat Samnuha, also test Gyve Trousers?
By fillerbunny9 2017-10-06 19:39:43
Link | Quote | Reply

anik said: »
For Magic Based Weaponskills wouldn't Gyve Doublet beat Samnuha, also test Gyve Trousers?

loss of 10 AGI to gain 4 MAB on Gyve Doublet vs a maxed Samnuha - pretty much a wash (I am using a Herc Vest with +20 M.Acc and +42 MAB, so... best of both worlds).
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-06 19:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Gyve doesn't have enough agility.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-06 20:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Resetti said: »

It's a nice alternate weapon but nothing will ever beat double maxed Malevolence daggers for Wildfire. I've tested Perfervid sword with max buffs with an Idris Geo and it doesn't even beat the Vampirism sword.
I was just basing it off quick math of comparing increases in mab though I did forget mdmg since was doing quick math and it's a lot more important on WF then TF. That said gathering full stats for full math

Assuming 30 mab 4 wsd augs on herc, 1 maxed Malevolence and swapping the novio earring and and agi ring on the TF set we get +205 agi, +268 mab, +28% wsd and 355 mdmg. My rng/nin base agi is 113 and even without any jas Idris acumen is +45 mab honestly not sure what other buffs count in max buffs so I'll stay with that. So total relavent stats with no offhand 318 agi, +313 mab, 28% wsd and 355 mdmg. That should give base dmg before multipliers and dagi of 2505= mdmg +5.5(201+.6*318)

Assuming mob with 250 agi expected dmg should be 13960 with vampirism it should be 15728 (12.7% increase) and with full male should be 16138 (15.6% increase)

Then just ran out of mhaura rq with a geo with no jps and only dunna for gear and got 16798 with 1 malevolence, 19315 offhanding perf and 18978 offhanding a malevolence with only 2 mab. Note wearing hachi because fire day. Other note I actually have a couple of other differences from OP based on my actual augs and what I have like I use herc helm. Switching to orion+3 I get 18778 with Male and 18964 with Perf. Also note how it changes whether orion is better for me or not though by a small amount

tl;dr how much mab you are rocking has a profound effect as does agi/dagi so never say never
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-10-06 20:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

loss of 10 AGI to gain 4 MAB on Gyve Doublet vs a maxed Samnuha - pretty much a wash (I am using a Herc Vest with +20 M.Acc and +42 MAB, so... best of both worlds).
Hate you with all of my hatred. Mine only has 33 though does have 1 wsd and 25 macc... and int <.<. Have another that's 22 mab and 4wsd but fater doing a ton of different set ups and swaps there's no setup I have outside of tons of external mab buffs where that's better
By fillerbunny9 2017-10-06 20:56:27
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »

Hate you with all of my hatred. Mine only has 33 though does have 1 wsd and 25 macc... and int <.<. Have another that's 22 mab and 4wsd but fater doing a ton of different set ups and swaps there's no setup I have outside of tons of external mab buffs where that's better

it was basically the "best" thing I managed to get out of DM Augs a campaign or two ago, then I Afterglowed my Armageddon and found a use for it.
 Shiva.Cziella
Server: Shiva
user: Rumors
By Shiva.Cziella 2017-10-06 23:34:24
Link | Quote | Reply

For Wildfire, if DW, does Perfervid Sword has any use at all or it's not even near Malevolences?

Edit: nvm only read the 1st page, posted and came to page2, LIKE MAGIC.
 Cerberus.Resetti
Server: Cerberus
user: Freezepop
By Cerberus.Resetti 2017-10-07 00:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Cziella said: »
For Wildfire, if DW, does Perfervid Sword has any use at all or it's not even near Malevolences?

Edit: nvm only read the 1st page, posted and came to page2, LIKE MAGIC.

Yeah clearlyamule is right i just realized I did a majority of my testing prior to omen gear and haven't looked back at it since before omen. I rescind my previous statement. I'm glad I still have mine(although not hard to get).

Although now that I think about it with Idris geo and weather damage capped out at a certain point with Perfervid vs 2 maxed malevolence daggers from what I remember. Being that Orion +3 head and Dingir ring is the biggest difference since omen I'd really have to check the difference with a PUG geo vs Idris geo and weather. More testing just needs to be done with perfervid in mind.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2017-10-10 23:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thought about the Perfervid discussion today, and even supposing under certain buffs it does win for WF, I guess my thoughts are that it's still going to be quite a rare situation where you're really going to want to spam WF only. In any situation where you're ever able to use TF as well, the significant loss from dropping a Malevolence for Perf is going to destroy any slight advantage on your WFs (even if you're doing more WF than TF).

Not that there aren't possible situations where you might want to use WF only (most notably, if you're part of a fight where your main role is as part of a multi-step SC where you only ever using WF), AND you have the buffs to make Perf perform its best... But I have to imagine that's fairly uncommon for most RNG to encounter. I mean, I'm basically a fulltime Arma RNG, and even I am a little skeptical that I'll ever really find much reason to equip Perf.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-10 23:52:57
Link | Quote | Reply

That's kind of why I said if for some reason lol. That said if we made hot shot great again that's a potential use since you might be able to double dip on the ws and skillchain which can't really do on WF... like seriously though who makes a ws that deals fire dmg have grav/dark skillchain elements. cmon SE only thing worse would've been distortion lol
By SmoothC 2017-10-18 16:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Carry over from Main RNG thread: proposed BiS JR.

ItemSet 352986
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-10-18 16:41:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I think jokushu haidate would be a superior choice. Rare to find legs that actually have DEX on them, and these also come with crit rate. No numbers, simply observation, so take it as you will.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Server: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-10-22 15:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

What would it take to get herc legs to beat gyve?

Just got some with macc/mab +11 and wsd +5% that I think should beat the mab 40 on gyve. Way more agi and the 5% wsd should offset the 30 ish mab right?
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-10-22 15:39:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That's more than enough to beat Gyve. You'll want to eventually aim for higher macc/mab while maintaining some WSD, but your current pair is far superior to Gyve.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-10-22 18:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

SmoothC said: »
Carry over from Main RNG thread: proposed BiS JR.

ItemSet 352986

I would think a strong crit dmg aug on herc hands might come out ahead too, but idk.... JR is a set thats been on my mind for awhile but i get such shitty dmg from it im not really sure which way to gear it. my sets basically yours but HQ head and i use the kobo kote atm too.... cant seem to get an avg much higher thaan 13k on anything though...
By clearlyamule 2017-10-22 21:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
If you show Weather ring over WSD ring are you saying 10MAB is better than 3/4% WSD? So for the head would something with 25/35 MAB be better than 3% or 4% WSD?
Weatherspoon isn't mab it's Light elemental "Magic Atk. Bonus" or basically light affinity which is way better than just affinity. And it's 11 for the +1. It's straight up 10/11% dmg for light stuff unless you have more light affinity.

Pretty much every multiplier in this game will have decreasing gains when compared to other stats so really need to know more of approximate stats but generally speaking for well geared rngs for purely magical ws 1wsd ~ 3-4 mab. Remember agi matters too
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-10-23 13:37:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, that's a terrible translation then. Looks like it days +10MAB to light elemental damage to me.

If you're familiar with how the pixie hairpin hq works, it's basically the same thing. It's essentially a bonus multiplier calculation which makes it so good.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2017-10-23 13:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Which augment path would you recommend? I have never tried for mac/man and wsd at the same time. Can you get mab augments on the range do path? I guess I could look this up but lazy...

All my trueflight augments have come from DM campaign..

Post deleted by User.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-23 15:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Oh, that's a terrible translation then. Looks like it days +10MAB to light elemental damage to me.

If you're familiar with how the pixie hairpin hq works, it's basically the same thing. It's essentially a bonus multiplier calculation which makes it so good.
That was added since I was gone too, but that is an insane piece of equipment.
Well same thing as elemental staffs then (sort of)
By clearlyamule 2017-10-23 15:31:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Which augment path would you recommend? I have never tried for mac/man and wsd at the same time. Can you get mab augments on the range do path? I guess I could look this up but lazy...

All my trueflight augments have come from DM campaign..
https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Escha_Rewards/Arcane_Glyptics_Inscription
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [189 days between previous and next post]
 Fairy.Crion
Server: Fairy
user: Crion
By Fairy.Crion 2018-04-30 10:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Arcadian legs +3 beat herc for true flight now?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Leviathan.Katriina
Server: Leviathan
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-19 07:11:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you have near perfect Fern Augments on Herc Legs or got lucky with DM and you're not OCD about 1-2% difference in WS and you’re just swapping legs then the short answer is Yes.

The landscape of Trueflight is extremely flexible and can tilt the scale of WS:MAB quite easily. MANY factors contribute to this during fight: Mob's MDB, dINT, dAGI, Day/Weather, Resists, Affinity ..etc

Plus its much easier to make Relic so #justdoit
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2018-06-19 11:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Actual numbers.

My Trueflight set: Orion+3 head, baeytl pendant, friomosi earring, moonshade earring/Herculean vest (wsd+6,mab+20), carmine+1 hands, dingir ring, Weatherspoon ring/jse cape(agi+30,mab+10,macc/mdmg+20),sveltesse gouriz+1,arcadian legs+3, Herculean boots (mab+47).

In this set, the Herculean vest wins over a capped Samnhua Coat by around 1.2k dmg without buffs. It grows as you buff more.

I have a pair of "WSD+5,MAB+20" augmented Herculean legs that lose to the arcadian+3 legs. By about 1.5k damage. That shrinks if I use a different pair of Herculean boots with "WSD+4,MAB+15" to the point where the pairing of +47mab herc feet with relic+3 legs beats the combination of the WSD aug'ed herc feet/legs.

Moral of the story is that if you have enough MAB in your sets the arcadian legs well win out. If not, it starts getting complicated.
 Leviathan.Katriina
user: kate99
By Leviathan.Katriina 2018-06-19 11:56:23
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s quite easy to math out each and every scenario, nothing is really complicated about it at all.
You only need to compare multipliers and take the highest number...

His question was about relic legs only, so assume all other slots the same and just switch Legs:
Not that much difference in AGI (relic has 1 extra) and has 11 more INT that’s if you got 0 INT augment in Herc, so it’s minuscule to go after (pAGI-mINT)x2 factor..

Set1 (with relic legs): Total MAB * (100+Set WSD%)/100
Set2 (with Herc legs): Total MAB* (100+Set WSD%)/100
Whichever gets the highest number should technically win in identical scenarios...

For fun:
Assume perfect Fern Herc of 10 INT 20 MAB WSD 5
Relic Legs: 257 MAB * (100+38)/100 = 355

Perfect Herc Legs: 277 MAB * (100+33)/100 = 368

Perfect Herc wins by 4% in Truflight DMG
If you want to keep experimenting with gear combinations until you get the highest by all means do it but it’s highly unlikely that by the time you make relic legs you will obtain a perfect Herc..