Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
Random Politics & Religion #28: The Last One
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 98 99 100
By Viciouss 2017-10-18 16:43:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Heading out to Wrigley Field, always a fun, but challenging adventure!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-18 17:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Gotta love Greg Popovich.
Only on the court.

He's an outstanding coach, meme worthy, but he needs to stick to what he knows.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-18 17:39:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Only on the court.

what makes you say that? Who is this expert we need to hear from that is more qualified to comment on "poor behavior from a position of power?"
Somebody who may alienate people who go to his games probably shouldn't speak about politics in a way that may upset his fans.

Hasn't he learned anything from the NFL and how they are handling this? I'm pretty sure Holt doesn't agree with him on politics, and most certainly doesn't want Pop to jeopardize a source of his income....
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-18 17:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Who is this expert we need to hear from that is more qualified to comment on "poor behavior from a position of power?"
Someone who will defend or deflect from the original shitty comments rather than rightly and openly criticize them for the outright lies they are.
By Zerowone 2017-10-18 18:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I don’t want to jinx them but the Yankees might snatch the series lead from the Astros tonight.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-10-18 18:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually loled
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-10-18 18:39:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
Heading out to Wrigley Field, always a fun, but challenging adventure!

If you see Joe Maddon tell him he is a nerd.
By Zerowone 2017-10-18 18:40:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently, human decency and speaking on it when asked has become politicized in some parts of the country; Josiah.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-18 18:42:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought Donny took an oath to stop posting ?
By fonewear 2017-10-18 18:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know who this is or why I should care.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-18 18:44:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Zerowone said: »
Apparently, human decency and speaking on it when asked has become politicized in some parts of the country; Josiah.

Nothing decent about being a politician. Lying is part of the job like being a lawyer.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-18 18:44:57
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are such a noble person then why don't you become President. I'd like to see it.
By fonewear 2017-10-18 18:47:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Only on the court.

what makes you say that? Who is this expert we need to hear from that is more qualified to comment on "poor behavior from a position of power?"

Last I checked some guy that is a basketball coach isn't a political expert. And why the hell does he have to be political. His job is to coach basketball. No one pays him for political commentary.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-18 18:49:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Just because you can talk about politics doesn't mean you should. Or people should respect you cause you coach some basketball team.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2017-10-18 18:53:48
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
If you are such a noble person then why don't you become President. I'd like to see it.

I wasn't eligible last election. I'll try to get on the ballot for 2020.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-18 18:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

I wasn't eligible last election. I'll try to get on the ballot for 2020.

I don't know what your platform will be something about kill all humans.

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2017-10-18 19:26:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Everyone has the right to have a political opinion, even if they disagree with you. It's not your place as citizens to say who should or should not express their ideals.

Just like the opposite side of this has every right to say trump is a genius and no one has any right to try and silence them.

You missed the point Donny. Being a basketball coach has nothing to do with politics.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-18 19:28:35
Link | Quote | Reply

We do have freedom of speech. But people that talk about politics for a living...I tend to give them more credit. It doesn't mean they are wrong or always correct. But their entire lift is analyzing and discussing politics. Not telling some guy to post up on the screen play.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-10-18 19:55:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Everyone has the right to have a political opinion, even if they disagree with you. It's not your place as citizens to say who should or should not express their ideals.

Just like the opposite side of this has every right to say trump is a genius and no one has any right to try and silence them.

You missed the point Donny. Being a basketball coach has nothing to do with politics.
You've missed the point too. The man served in the military and he's commenting on an issue regarding handling military matters properly. Why are you focusing on the coaching so hard?

When someone leaves the military, does all the time their spent learning and serving mean nothing in your eyes the second their tour ends?

Running businesses and hosting reality tv shows has nothing to do with politics either. But one popularity contest later here we are.

I don't care if he was a five star general. He is a basketball coach right now. What he did in the past doesn't mean anything to me.
By fonewear 2017-10-18 19:56:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The reason him being a coach is important is what he does for a living doesn't merit people taking him serious about politics. He can call Trump a Nazi and most people will still think he is a nut.
By fonewear 2017-10-18 19:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing with John McCain yes he served in the military but that doesn't make him a good senator. Him being a RINO makes him a terrible senator. He would vote against most Republican things. Then calls himself a Republican.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-10-18 20:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Same thing with John McCain yes he served in the military but that doesn't make him a good senator. Him being a RINO makes him a terrible senator. He would vote against most Republican things. Then calls himself a Republican.

In his particular case, it's not even the fact that he's a RINO that bothers me. It's the fact that he goes back on his promises, gives ridiculous excuses for it, and then expects his colleagues to pick up the slack and "earn" his vote while he sits around doing nothing to solve the problems himself.
[+]
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-10-18 20:24:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

In his particular case, it's not even the fact that he's a RINO that bothers me. It's the fact that he goes back on his promises, gives ridiculous excuses for it, and then expects his colleagues to pick up the slack and "earn" his vote while he sits around doing nothing to solve the problems himself.

Well. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2017-10-18 20:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Johnny Boy misses the good old days back in '08 when half of the Country that now loves him declared him to be a senile old racist war-monger; and everyone that supported him for President was a racist.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-18 20:44:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Who is this expert we need to hear from that is more qualified to comment on "poor behavior from a position of power?"
Someone who will defend or deflect from the original shitty comments rather than rightly and openly criticize them for the outright lies they are.
Yeah it's such an odd mindset to have.

"This person is speaking out about something they are extremely passionate about.
I wish they didn't do that."
"Why not?"
"It's not profitable to them."
More like the Spurs doesn't have a huge fanbase as it is. And it's shrinking since they can't seem to win championships anymore.

Now that Tim Duncan has retired, even us diehards aren't going to the games as much as we used to. Last season, I think I used my season tickets for only 20 games. Back in 2014 I never missed a game.

Not saying that Pop's politics played a role in this, but if the unpopularity of the NFL is any indication, it's not wise to mix politics and sports. Especially since this is a deep red area and Pop's politics are as blue as Sanders.

It's not smart business sense, but I don't expect you to understand that. You are just a Canadian.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-10-18 20:49:55
Link | Quote | Reply

That's fine and everything. And what he is really doing is perfectly acceptable.

But he also needs to take into consideration how popular he is (in the basketball community). Rhetoric like that, well, tends to hurt him more than earn him respect. Especially when you are basically telling everyone who voted for Trump that they are idiots for doing it (which he said that when Trump was elected, but that is neither here nor there). It hurts your image in a community where your respect is regarded as a basketball coach, not political commentator, especially where politics in sports is being very frowned upon right now.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 59 60 61 ... 98 99 100