Random Politics & Religion #25

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #25
Random Politics & Religion #25
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 59 60 61
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-23 20:43:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are encyclopedias A-Z. It's in there somewhere!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-23 21:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Here are encyclopedias A-Z. It's in there somewhere!
Go for it.

Remember, you are looking for something that doesn't exist in the law. Do try to remember what the original argument is, ok?

You can do it! I have complete faith in you not being a waste of oxygen and carbon!
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-24 00:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Garuda.Chanti said: »
California invested heavily in solar power. Now there's so much that other states are sometimes paid to take it
L. A. Times.

TLDR: California has so much renewable energy they sometimes have to indulge in "negative pricing" to get rid of the excess. Arizona is overjoyed.

P. S. Their utilities want to build more gas fired power plants.

Umm that's now that negative pricing is....
I know what negative pricing is.

If you had read the article, and its hella long so I don't blame you if you didn't, you would know that this is a transient phenomena, happening around midday with clear skies and CA being not hot enough for AC.

Its also too transient to spool gas turbines down in anticipation. And they are way quicker than coal.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2017-06-24 01:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

P. S. They also point out the incentives for building new generation plants. It has nothing to do with demand and everything to do with billing their customers for it.

P. P. S. What is needed is battery technology. And I amn't talking chemical storage. I live near the biggest battery in the nation, if not the world.

Its called banks lake.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-24 01:04:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Umm you obviously don't.

What's needed is the removal of Obama's regulations forcing distribution companies to buy "renewable" power before others and thus restore balance to the market. California imports power from nearby states, there isn't enough native capacity. That article pulled a fast one, it aggregated all the power types together and bet on the reader being ignorant. It worked.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-24 05:11:06
Link | Quote | Reply

What's needed is the removal of Obama's regulations forcing distribution companies to buy "renewable" power before others and thus restore balance to the market.
That's not actually a thing so forgive anyone that presumed otherwise.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-24 06:02:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
What's needed is the removal of Obama's regulations forcing distribution companies to buy "renewable" power before others and thus restore balance to the market.
That's not actually a thing so forgive anyone that presumed otherwise.
Go grab an encyclopedia Pleebs.

Actually, I'm surprised you know what they are, by the level of intelligence you have been presenting lately.

If you had read the article, and its hella long so I don't blame you if you didn't, you would know that this is a transient phenomena, happening around midday with clear skies and CA being not hot enough for AC.

Its also too transient to spool gas turbines down in anticipation. And they are way quicker than coal.
Umm you obviously don't.

What's needed is the removal of Obama's regulations forcing distribution companies to buy "renewable" power before others and thus restore balance to the market. California imports power from nearby states, there isn't enough native capacity. That article pulled a fast one, it aggregated all the power types together and bet on the reader being ignorant. It worked.
Technically, you are both right.

You two are talking about 2 different types of events: regulations and actions. Both events are not mutually exclusive, so in this case, you are both correct.
[+]
By fonewear 2017-06-24 07:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

California invested heavily in solar power. Now there's so much that other states are sometimes paid to take it
L. A. Times.

TLDR: California has so much renewable energy they sometimes have to indulge in "negative pricing" to get rid of the excess. Arizona is overjoyed.

P. S. Their utilities want to build more gas fired power plants.

Umm that's now that negative pricing is....

I'll read it this afternoon !
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2017-06-24 22:37:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Go grab an encyclopedia Pleebs.

Actually, I'm surprised you know what they are, by the level of intelligence you have been presenting lately.
Nothing in there says whatever Saevel made up. The climate action plan isn't even regulation.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-26 15:06:17
Link | Quote | Reply

And like predicted the Supreme Court ruled in favor of President Trumps restriction on immigration.

They will hear full arguments later this fall but the temporary bans time would of already expired by then so it's going to be about setting future precedents.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-26 15:39:09
Link | Quote | Reply

And for anyone wanting to read the actual decision

http://fingfx.thomsonreuters.com/gfx/rngs/SUPREME-COURT-TRAVEL/010041SD3W9/supremecourt.pdf

Focus's entirely on the application of law and not the political stunts of the 4th or 9th. States pretty blatantly that both courts went too far in their interpretations and equitable considerations, that foreign nations not legal permanent residents don't have any constitutional right to come to the USA.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-06-26 19:48:15
Link | Quote | Reply

And people said I was stupid for saying that the travel suspension would be put back into place. That's 9 for 9 I've gotten right so far.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-06-26 19:58:17
Link | Quote | Reply

This should be a clear sign that the 9th circuit needs to be broken up, they are clearly practicing politics instead of law at this point.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-26 21:33:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
This should be a clear sign that the 9th circuit needs to be broken up, they are clearly practicing politics instead of law at this point.
Not broken up, just have the justices replaced.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-27 00:37:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Another day of salt, god I love this president.

What's the next stop libs, the Hauge? Oops! No one cares.

Also, CNN on tape admitting the Russia thing is facts I don't like, and only broadcasted to rake in ratings.

[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-27 06:12:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Nausi said: »
CNN on tape admitting the Russia thing is facts I don't like
Just in case Vic goes reality denier mode in here again:

YouTube Video Placeholder

inb4 libs attacking the source.
[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-06-27 08:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah what a time to be alive
[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-06-27 08:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Nausi said: »
CNN on tape admitting the Russia thing is facts I don't like
Just in case Vic goes reality denier mode in here again:

YouTube Video Placeholder

inb4 libs attacking the source.
I always loved Project Veritas' work, they thwarted a butiric acid bomb attack at the deploraball the night before the inauguration, and got their guys arrested. It's hilarious what this guy is capable of doing since all he does is get someone to go undercover and get these people to confess.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-27 08:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-27 08:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-27 08:53:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Yatenkou 2017-06-27 08:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

The Twitter Democrats are absolutely flipping their ***right now with the project veritas story XD!!!! hoooo ***this is B-E-A-UTIFUL
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-27 09:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Life is collapsing for libs. They live drowning in facts I don't like.

Trump meant it all when he promised to MAGA!
By Viciouss 2017-06-27 09:56:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, yesterday was a great day, CBO report effectively killed the health care bill as more senators jumped off while Trump threw more temper tantrums and got nothing done.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2017-06-27 10:07:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, the good ol' CBO score. Ohmygosh, so many Americans are going to lose their health insurance!.... Because they want to. Oh the humanity!
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-27 10:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Viciouss said: »
CBO report effectively killed the health care bill
You mean the same CBO that stated that Obamacare would pay for itself (it didn't), the same law would have 30 million people insured (didn't even break half of that), or any of the other insane statements it has made throughout the past decade that never even came close to fruition?

If you believe that the CBO made an accurate prediction on this health care bill, you are, by the very definition, insane.
[+]
By Viciouss 2017-06-27 10:09:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, attacks on the CBO are expected, especially from Trump, its too bad that those desperate attacks do nothing to sway senators.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2017-06-27 10:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are talking about all the democrat/liberals jumping ship on the bill, I hate to break it to you (not really), but they were never even going to board that ship in the first place.

I'm 125% positive those are the very senators you are talking about.
[+]
By Nausi 2017-06-27 10:19:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Remember when vic insisted the house bill would never get out of the house?

Pepridge Farm remembers.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18 ... 59 60 61