Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
Jack of All Trades: A Guide to Red Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 141 142 143
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-20 21:45:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Your numbers are super low, I did far more intense testing awhile back and uk isn't worth the slot. How much actual skill are you casting in?

600 enfeebling magic is -117 base before Sab or +Enfeebling potency takes effect.

(117 + 10) = 127 * 1.34 = -170.18

With Sab and gloves
(117 * 2.12) = (248 +10) * 1.34 = -345.72

On NM's
(117 * 1.37) = (160 +10) * 1.34 = -227

Using Uk boots

(112 +10) = 122 * 1.39 = -169.59

With Sab
(112 * 2.12) = (237 +10) * 1.39 = -343.33

On NM's
(112 * 1.37) = (153 +10) * 1.39 = -226.57

Uk boots lose every time though by minuscule amounts. Since those boots don't provide anything else of value, mediums's should always be used over them for Enfeebling Skill Potency spells.

Here is the formula if anyone's interested

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Distract_III

610 Enfeebling skill is -120 evasion, 600 is reasonable for people to get and gives -117.
By Boshi 2017-06-20 22:04:33
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a very old test around when reis just came out
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-20 23:16:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Boshi said: »
That's a very old test around when reis just came out

Umm... you know SE updated Frazzle and Distract III recently. It happened when they *fixed* GEO-Langour.
 Odin.Geriond
Server: Odin
user: Gerion
By Odin.Geriond 2017-06-21 09:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Uk boots are 6%, not 5%, so they technically come out ahead in those tests.

Doesn't really change their utility, though.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-21 09:42:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It's probably a fraction like 60/1024 then because when I tested I got "5%" but the numbers are so small that a fractional multiplier like that would cause both values to be true depending on where the remainder falls.
 Asura.Ishidaru
user: Ishidaru
By Asura.Ishidaru 2017-06-21 10:22:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone tell me when enhancing magic skill gear is needed during casting of temper/enspell? Recently started using gs and the OP wording is unclear to me. Do I need to wear skill gear for pre/mid/post cast?
 Asura.Midgitis
By Asura.Midgitis 2017-06-21 10:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Midcast is what the spell pulls the values from on every spell.
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Server: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2017-06-21 10:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ishidaru said: »
Can anyone tell me when enhancing magic skill gear is needed during casting of temper/enspell? Recently started using gs and the OP wording is unclear to me. Do I need to wear skill gear for pre/mid/post cast?

For most, what counts is Enhancing skill at time of cast, so in your midcast set.

The oddball spells are En-IIs, which key off of Enhancing skill at time of strike. Not sure if/why you'd build a set around keeping that higher - there's some utility to the mechanics of En-IIs, but I doubt that the difference in damage would be worth the likely tradeoff of more general melee stats.
By Boshi 2017-06-21 10:52:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ishidaru said: »

midcast.
the other enhancing spells besides phalanx you should be fine casting in full duration gear.

~~~
Sae:
yes I know that that's why I pointed out it's an old test.
I was just including that to show that while the "enhancing enfeebling potency gear" still works on those the foot spot isn't really worth doing versus medium's skaoi.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chalek
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Chalek
By Quetzalcoatl.Chalek 2017-06-24 18:55:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys

can anyone tell me how to create rule for Selfhaste on gearswap.

i want to use enhacing magic duration set here.

also my gearswap isnt swaping the right gear with Haste II, anyonw know why and how to fix it?

Thanks guys
 Asura.Psylo
user: psylo
By Asura.Psylo 2017-06-26 01:37:17
Link | Quote | Reply

you should show us your lua maybe.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [44 days between previous and next post]
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Server: Fenrir
user: Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-08-09 12:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

page 1's melee set has wb+1. I was just curious if it was a lot better than a chiner +1, since triple attack would seem to be a better thing to gear for?
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-08-09 13:20:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Dat quad yo
 Fenrir.Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-08-09 15:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

well ya, but 2% qa vs 5% dmg to ta when temper gives you so much of it, and then putting that with hetaroi ring too.. it just seems like maybe that would be a better way to go
By tyalangan 2017-08-09 16:32:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I looked at both my RDM spreadsheet and BLU spreadsheet to see if the TA damage was attached to hetairoi to compare but it wasn't.

I am sure it would be easy to say "if chiner equipped and ta proc increase hit 5%" but I have no clue how to edit excel like that or I'd do it to test myself.

I think the goal is 1000TP asap so my guess would be Wind+1 would win but still interested.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2017-08-22 14:00:59
Link | Quote | Reply

bump
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2017-08-22 16:27:10
Link | Quote | Reply

As rdm melee or any dd this day and age its all about getting 1000 tp as fast as you can...

While the 5% will give you a boost in white dmg it really does nothing to get to 1k tp. While white dmg is factored overall into your dps it really doesnt hold any weight as it did in the past as wsing every moment you can will net more dps.

Quad atk however increases your ws frequency (makes you ws more) and allows you to pump out a ton more dmg your white dmg could ever get to.
 Odin.Jigoku
Server: Odin
By Odin.Jigoku 2017-08-26 03:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

that might be... but it depends on what you fight and what you got. lets say you got Almace AM3 on and you solo escha nm's or omen mini bosses then your mainweapon hits for 50% of the time for tripple dmg. along with the 5% TA dmg on tripple dmg/attack hits you probably get out better than saving one or two seconds on every 50 ws.
gear depending on what you do and not simply follow a guide and think you're best for everything. there is enough gear to be flexible.
By geigei 2017-08-26 03:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
well ya, but 2% qa vs 5% dmg to ta when temper gives you so much of it

Temper gives DA.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-26 04:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Fenrir.Aladeus said: »
well ya, but 2% qa vs 5% dmg to ta when temper gives you so much of it

Temper gives DA.
Temper2 gives TA though, I guess that's what he meant.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-26 04:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Annoying question, I want to improve my TP sets but I have no gil for HQ abj (other than the Legs which I already own) nor for Taeon atm.

Can anybody think of any good alternative for those slots?
I'm using pretty strange sets atm which are born from the fact I wanted to re-use pieces from other jobs. I feel like I want to improve but AF3+3s are destroying my bank atm D:
By geigei 2017-08-26 04:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh right, stuck in RUN mentality -.-
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2017-08-26 04:18:03
Link | Quote | Reply

My current TP sets:
Code
	sets.TP.sw.Normal = {sub="Genmei Shield", ammo="Ginsen",
		head="Highwing Helm", neck="Anu Torque", ear1="Sherida Earring", ear2="Telos Earring",
		body="Ayanmo Corazza +1", hands="Atrophy Gloves +3", ring1="Petrov Ring", ring2="Hetairoi Ring",
		back=SucellosTP, waist="Sarissaphoroi belt", legs="Zoar Subligar +1", feet="Ayanmo gambieras +1"}

sets.TP.sw.Accuracy = set_combine(sets.TP.sw.Normal, {head="Ayanmo zucchetto +1", hands="Atrophy Gloves +3", ring2="Ilabrat Ring", waist="Sarissaphoroi belt", legs="Ayanmo Cosciales +1"})

sets.TP.nin.Normal = set_combine(sets.TP.sw.Normal, {sub="Ternion Dagger +1", ammo="Hasty Pinion +1", ear2="Suppanomimi", waist="Reiki Yotai"})

sets.TP.nin.Accuracy = set_combine(sets.TP.sw.Accuracy, {sub="Ternion Dagger +1", ear2="Suppanomimi", waist="Reiki Yotai"})

sets.TP.dnc.Normal = set_combine(sets.TP.nin.Normal, {ammo="Hasty Pinion +1", ear2="Suppanomimi", hands="Ayanmo Manopolas +1", legs="Carmine Cuisses +1"})

sets.TP.dnc.Accuracy = set_combine(sets.TP.nin.Accuracy, {ammo="Hasty Pinion +1", ear2="Suppanomimi", hands="Ayanmo Manopolas +1", legs="Carmine Cuisses +1"})

In the /NIN sets I've put Suppa in place of Eabani because the set currently is at 25% haste. If I manage to get to 26% I can swap Suppa back for Eabani

I have a decent Chironic Head (with 10 acc/att and TA+2 or something) that I could use in place of Highwing Helm but using that would require a belt with even more Haste, to mantain the 26% cap.

Weapon-wise I normally MH Sequence and OH Ternion Dagger+1, open to suggestions here as well.
 Shiva.Fendarin
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-29 06:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Can anyone post there melee DT set to give me an idea what is best. Ty
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-08-29 06:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sachs I use the page 1 max magic haste set vs pre 130 content. I think it's great bth
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-01 08:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone, first time posting in this sub-forum.

Red Mage was my very first job back in 2004, and I didn't play it well. I used melee equipment with /war til level 31 when parties stopped inviting me. The mix of red mage and warrior was part of the decision to take dark knight up as my main.

All these years later, it seems no one likes to play this job anymore (at least on my server), so I'm leveling and gearing it up for our endgame linkshell to have the option. I've looked around, but it seems pretty quiet. A big ask, but I was wondering if anyone had the time to post their equipsets?

I have plenty of crossover gear from Scholar, but I'd like a clearer picture of what the job uses currently. I'd much prefer sets which does not make use of +3 AFs or HQ abjurations, but I'd be happy either way (just because I'm a long way off getting any of those). Thanks for any help, cheers.
 Shiva.Fendarin
By Shiva.Fendarin 2017-09-01 09:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Page one it up to date Kylos all u need is there ^^ welcome back
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-01 09:38:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Fendarin said: »
Page one it up to date Kylos all u need is there ^^ welcome back

Thanks, I must admit I scanned through and wasn't sure.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-09-02 12:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks to Rydal for this amazing guide. It's really good and it's helped me to plan ahead so I can get better equipment when I finish leveling the job. Learned things about the job I didn't know before. Also found a couple of things I could use on my other jobs which players on other guides haven't noticed we can use.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 141 142 143