Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » [PC/PS4] No Man's Sky
[PC/PS4] No Man's Sky
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-15 12:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

GT 740 is below he minimum specs but may be capable of running the game at low settings. Problem isn't so much with hardware configs despite what people try to spin it to be tho, the software itself is made poorly and thus runs like ***depending on your settings and sometimes driver conflicts or other malfunctions that can't really be fixed by the user. Some broken things are:

-Fullscreen mode
-Vsync
-Frame limiter
-Gsync (even if you dont have a Gsync monitor)
-Anisotropic filtering
-Resolution scale (mostly on multimonitor configurations)

A mixture of high DPC latency on some GPUs (driver end) and poor software (Hello Games' end) = unstable experience for many users. Hopefully we'll actually see fixes and improvements for these problems. For now, I can't really suggest paying a full $60 for NMS (for more than just performance related issues really), but if you've got money to blow then go for it I guess.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-15 19:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
GT 740 is below he minimum specs but may be capable of running the game at low settings. Problem isn't so much with hardware configs despite what people try to spin it to be tho, the software itself is made poorly and thus runs like ***depending on your settings and sometimes driver conflicts or other malfunctions that can't really be fixed by the user. Some broken things are:

-Fullscreen mode
-Vsync
-Frame limiter
-Gsync (even if you dont have a Gsync monitor)
-Anisotropic filtering
-Resolution scale (mostly on multimonitor configurations)

A mixture of high DPC latency on some GPUs (driver end) and poor software (Hello Games' end) = unstable experience for many users. Hopefully we'll actually see fixes and improvements for these problems. For now, I can't really suggest paying a full $60 for NMS (for more than just performance related issues really), but if you've got money to blow then go for it I guess.

So then you would recommend the PS4 version over the PC version for the time being?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-15 19:35:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Would recommend getting neither until a sale or price cut unless you really want to play badly or can confidently say that the gameplay style will keep you interested long enough to be worth it. If you're unsure then the best thing to do is buy the steam version, play for an hour to an hour and a half, and if you dont like it initiate a refund before you hit the 2hr mark.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-15 20:07:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Would recommend getting neither until a sale or price cut unless you really want to play badly or can confidently say that the gameplay style will keep you interested long enough to be worth it. If you're unsure then the best thing to do is buy the steam version, play for an hour to an hour and a half, and if you dont like it initiate a refund before you hit the 2hr mark.

Trust me, if the gameplay style was an issue for me, I wouldn't be interested in playing it at all.

I'm a Trekkie, fave series was Voyager, and as such, the whole thing about being lost in some remote galaxy and all that's left for you to do is explore the area, meet the natives, and survive while aimlessly travelling from world to world is pretty appealing to me.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-15 20:09:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you'll love it, plenty of that
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-15 20:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Then you'll love it, plenty of that

What are the minimum specs regarding the GPU? I do have enough $$$ for an upgrade along with the game, but I haven't had a chance to look up the specs just yet.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-15 20:13:04
Link | Quote | Reply

a GTX 480 which your card basically matches or falls just short of, you should be fine provided the drivers that are supposed to come out today/tomorrow address some issues.

sort of unrelated but GTX 1060 or RX 480 (AMD) would be a pretty major budget-based upgrade for you if you're not looking to spend too much when you plan to get a new one. Could even go with an RX 470 (less than $200). Talking between a 6 to 10 times increase in GPU power for a 470 and 8 to 15 times for a 1060 or 480.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-15 20:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

a GTX 480 which your card basically matches or falls just short of, you should be fine provided the drivers that are supposed to come out today/tomorrow address some issues.

sort of unrelated but GTX 1060 or RX 480 (AMD) would be a pretty major budget-based upgrade for you if you're not looking to spend too much when you plan to get a new one. Could even go with an RX 470 (less than $200). Talking between a 6 to 10 times increase in GPU power for a 470 and 8 to 15 times for a 1060 or 480.

Updated drivers for my current GPU? I'll check the updater and see if there's a new driver available for install.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-15 20:36:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Not out yet cause nvidia's being slow, should be soon tho
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-15 20:39:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll be on the lookout for it. I'll be getting the game on the 20th (my birthday present to myself) so hopefully the updated driver is enough to play the game with my current GPU. If not, then I'll get an upgrade at a later time.
 Siren.Kuz
Server: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2016-08-15 22:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If anyone has any doubts as to how much fun this game is... this trailer will make you a believer

http://vid.pr0gramm.com/2016/08/15/5322c9ed537c76b8.mp4
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-15 23:04:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

I'll be on the lookout for it. I'll be getting the game on the 20th (my birthday present to myself) so hopefully the updated driver is enough to play the game with my current GPU. If not, then I'll get an upgrade at a later time.

Driver released a couple of minutes ago
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-15 23:27:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »

Driver released a couple of minutes ago

Cool, I'll go check it out right now. I found the game on GOG.com and I'll see about purchasing it right now.

***Ninja Edit*** My NVidia GeForce Experience program isn't finding the updated driver.

***Ninja Edit #2*** It just showed up. Downloading it now.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-16 09:40:17
Link | Quote | Reply

No Man's Sky Patch on the Way, Will Make People "Very Happy"
"We're going to make some people very happy with a PC and PS4 patch that's in test right now :)"

Gamespot

Quote:
A new patch for the ambitious space game No Man's Sky is on the way. According to developer Hello Games, it's going to make some people "very happy"--whatever that means.

The news comes from Hello Games director Sean Murray, who wrote on Twitter (via VideoGamer.com) that the patch is currently being tested before it is released.....
There are actual details in the article.
 Shiva.Shruiken
By Shiva.Shruiken 2016-08-18 23:54:03
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2016-08-20 16:06:09
Link | Quote | Reply

I downloaded No Man's Sky last night, and have been playing it for about 5 hours so far off and on.

So far my only complaint is the controls are pretty cumbersome. There's no way to turn from side to side except with your mouse which makes it tough to make movements seamlessly from point A to point B rather than move in straight lines to reach where you want to go.

As expected, playing the game on it's default graphics settings with my current GPU was pretty sluggish. However, once I changed everything to low settings, the game has played on my PC beautifully. My GPU normally runs pretty cool (27-28C) but it does go up to 55C while playing No Man's Sky, which is a good bit of heat, but nothing to really be alarmed by. Now if it was getting up to 100C and in danger of frying then I'd have an issue, but I'm fine with this for now.

Overall, great game, and I'm a happy customer. I still don't understand why there's so much salt from others about this game.
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-20 16:30:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kuz said: »
If anyone has any doubts as to how much fun this game is... this trailer will make you a believer

http://vid.pr0gramm.com/2016/08/15/5322c9ed537c76b8.mp4

Seeing that turned me off so hard :( wtf is with the graphics in that game.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-23 19:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Game can possibly be receiving paid DLC, despite what Sean Murray previously stated

Quote:
Last week, the creator of No Man's Sky, Sean Murray, revealed that the game would not be getting any paid DLC. Instead, players can look forward to free patches that include new content. A new interview with Sean Murray has him backtracking a bit on that statement.

Speaking with DailyStar, Murray said that it was "perhaps naive" for suggesting No Man's Sky only see free updates. Murray plans on bringing "new content and new features" to the game. Some of the new features that have been suggested for the game is " the ability to build bases and own giant space freighters" - something that has tickled the fancy of a number of No Man's Sky players.

However, pressed on whether or not the DLC will be free or get a price, Murray said that there was a chance that it could happen. "Maybe in the future there’s some reason why we just couldn’t possibly afford to do a certain feature without charging for it." The reason behind putting a fee on the DLC is quite understandable, though, the game has already sold over 100K in the UK alone - which means the game made quite a bit of money in a week since release from one region alone.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/no-man-s-sky-founder-backtracks-could-get-paid-dlc-3442515

This guy is a fountain of lies.

Also if you're playing on PC: http://nomansskymods.com/mods/lowflight-by-hytek-packed/
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2016-08-23 20:17:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, he hasn't reached Peter Molyneux territory yet.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-23 21:32:55
Link | Quote | Reply

he's getting there tho

"See that planet over there? You can plant an acorn and grow one just like it. (:"
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Server: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-08-25 07:07:02
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

YouTube Video Placeholder

joking aside....I never play video games to "explore and be immersed", but i understand alot of people do.

I personally play games to be challenged. that's why the only 3 games I've been playing in the past 2 months are monster hunter g, street fighter 5, and mario maker....

I think people are bashing this game way to much though, kinda like how people are/were bashing street fighter 5 when it first came out.

We've come to a new point in video games, where we cant judge games right when they come out.

As long as they eventually keep bringing in new dlc to this game, that's free. I would like to see where it is in about 3 months.....
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-26 16:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2016-08-26 16:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

gd this game tanked hard, but rightly so
 Asura.Azriel
Server: Asura
user: Azriel
By Asura.Azriel 2016-08-26 17:03:54
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTTPlqK8AnY

Pretty much nailed it for me xD
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-28 13:48:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone it may concern: Amazon, Steam, and Sony are offering full refunds regardless of playtime.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2016-08-28 13:51:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Will Hello Games be blacklisted by at least Steam and Sony after this? Would be funny/deserved.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-28 14:32:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Steam possibly. Sony not so sure since they funded the game.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-08-28 14:37:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually like this game haven't been able to put it down since I bought it which wouldn't have been a thing if MHGEN hadn't have been so..... short. Capcom really have made a blunder with that one there's hardly anything to do once you get to hr80 and all the deviant armour and weapons you want.

NMS has the marmite syndrome big either you love it or you hate it. If you are into exploring, resource gathering and a few space battles it's quite good.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-28 14:41:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think the hate comes all from people who didn't understand what the game would be about. I think it also has to do with the false promises and especially for how bad the pc port was(I've heard some horror stories).
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Server: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-08-28 15:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

http://onemanslie.info/
[+]