Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-11-24 23:14:13
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 07:42:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I never really liked companions in the other games much. And as much as I like the dog, I still feel bad dragging him into combat.

But now that I've been palling around with a few (especially Piper) I don't know if I can go back to wandering solo. I enjoy their commentary too much.
 Bahamut.Omael
Server: Bahamut
user: Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-25 08:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Spotted a legendary glowing deathclaw killing everything outside Vault 95. That's fine, I didn't want to go in there anyway.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 08:14:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Omael said: »
Spotted a legendary glowing deathclaw killing everything outside Vault 95. That's fine, I didn't want to go in there anyway.

I lol'ed.

Edit:
Subsequently found this.

Felt appropriate.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 08:16:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-11-25 10:29:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Te
Ramyrez said: »
Also, I never really liked companions in the other games much. And as much as I like the dog, I still feel bad dragging him into combat.

But now that I've been palling around with a few (especially Piper) I don't know if I can go back to wandering solo. I enjoy their commentary too much.

I like Preston, I dislike how often he dislikes all of my fun decisions.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 10:34:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
Te

I like Preston, I dislike how often he dislikes all of my fun decisions.

Preston is a good dude. He's not super fun to hang out with though, you're right. He's like, the kind of guy you want your teenage daughter to date; so ridiculously good that there's no possible way of him doing anything untoward.

I like Piper quite a lot. She likes it when I do good things. She likes my sarcasm. She likes it when I pick locks (I think she just likes staring at my butt while I do it).

Frankly she reminds me quite a bit of what my wife and I would be if you made us into one person. Which sounds pretty creepy now that I've typed it out, but I don't take things back, so you're getting it.
[+]
 Asura.Ninjaface
Server: Asura
user: Ninjaface
By Asura.Ninjaface 2015-11-25 10:38:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't get anyone to wear armor so I have been using the robots.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 10:40:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ninjaface said: »
I can't get anyone to wear armor so I have been using the robots.

Yeah, you know, I've seen screenshots of companions wearing armor but no matter how much stuff I give to Piper (she's got the most affinity for me currently) she never wears anything, though she does use weapons I give her, and she doesn't get explosives because she can't be trusted with them.

I know someone said it before, but I wanted to reiterate because dammit, Piper that's not how grenades work.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-25 10:43:26
Link | Quote | Reply

You can force them to equip something by hovering over the item, and press T on PC, Triangle on PS4, and Y on Xbox to have them equip it. Sometimes they'll switch back though. Not sure what causes it.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 10:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

You can force them to equip something by hovering over the item, and press T on PC, Triangle on PS4, and Y on Xbox to have them equip it. Sometimes they'll switch back though. Not sure what causes it.

Nice to know. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-25 11:05:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I only found out yesterday about setting up supply links to my other settlements, I am now determined to make my settlements grow!
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 11:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
I only found out yesterday about setting up supply links to my other settlements, I am now determined to make my settlements grow!

I just keep dragging everything back to Sanctuary. I haven't invested enough in Charisma yet to grow things sufficiently.

I've got my little metal prefab with my bed and my storage bins and my bobble head display. And I have to keep kicking Marcy out of my bed whenever I want to use it because she keeps assuming that it's a "sleep wherever you want" deal.

Look, I know she lost a child and what have you, but my bed is not hers and she needs to learn that.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-25 11:12:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I just linked to the closest settlement, as long as there's no breaks in the supply lines, the resources seem to get shared amongst all settlements, I suppose your way of linking all to one settlement would do the same thing.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 11:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I just linked to the closest settlement, as long as there's no breaks in the supply lines, the resources seem to get shared amongst all settlements, I suppose your way of linking all to one settlement would do the same thing.

Oh, no. There's no linking.

I just only keep Sanctuary updated and every time I unlock a new settlement I just raid their ***and take it all back to Sanctuary.

"You joined the Minute Men. That's great. Now give me all your duct tape and wonderglue, I've got Power Armor to update."

It cannot be coincidence that adhesive is so vital. There's a duct tape running gag at play here.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2015-11-25 11:19:27
Link | Quote | Reply

"General, we've got word from Starlight Drive-in that you just raided their supplies and left without saying anything"
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 11:29:12
Link | Quote | Reply

"General, we've got word from Starlight Drive-in that you just raided their supplies and left without saying anything"

"You got word? Dead molerats don't speak, Preston. Dead molerats don't speak. What's this really about?"
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 14:16:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Inadvertently discovered a spoiler that I so called as soon as I met a character.

Semi-spoiler.

Not that it really makes my record significantly better -- I spent all of Dragon Age: Inquisition waiting for a party member to betray me and it never happened, for instance -- and I still have my suspicions about other parts of F4 that may pan out or not.

But I feel pretty *** rad for nailing that one.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-25 14:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Inadvertently discovered a spoiler that I so called as soon as I met a character.

Semi-spoiler.

Not that it really makes my record significantly better -- I spent all of Dragon Age: Inquisition waiting for a party member to betray me and it never happened, for instance -- and I still have my suspicions about other parts of F4 that may pan out or not.

Yeah, that was my feeling as soon as I met him and his squad. Of the followers I've found so far, I'm enjoying having Strong around the most. He enjoys mayhem and violence as much as I do, and doing radiant quests for the Minutemen for some reason.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 15:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got Preston, Piper, Valentine, and Dogmeat so far. I let the puppy play in Sanctuary. I can't trust Valentine right now because he's got bits of Kellogg jammed into him. Preston is cool but doesn't approve of my kleptomania. And I've already fangirled about Piper, so.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-25 15:01:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Semi-spoiler.

Also: Incest.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 15:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Interesting. Very interesting.

Not exactly what I was thinking was going on. But I was close enough.
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-25 15:05:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got Preston, Piper, Valentine, and Dogmeat so far. I let the puppy play in Sanctuary. I can't trust Valentine right now because he's got bits of Kellogg jammed into him. Preston is cool but doesn't approve of my kleptomania. And I've already fangirled about Piper, so.

Go find Curie. She's the follower you never knew you wanted to travel with until you meet her. On another note I'm really not a fan of your character being voiced. My guy sounds nothing like the 1840's gold miner I've created.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-25 15:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note I'm really not a fan of your character being voiced

Thiiiiiiis.

Playing as the female and all I can think of is Ada Wong making Leon's peener feel tiny whenever she talks.
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 15:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the followers seem pretty great.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 15:13:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm okay with the voice acting of the wanderers.

I dunno. I'm weird like that I guess.
[+]
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-25 15:15:42
Link | Quote | Reply

My main gripes about companions so far.

1) It *SEEMS* that you can not recruit everyone, at least not in my playthrough.

2) Keeping everyone in one base means you have to be REAL careful what you do while you are there. Some people get butthurt if you use a chem, or enter power armor, or help a settler with a quest, or eat a human corpse.

3) I want the damn Human and Dog/Robot combo back!!
By Ramyrez 2015-11-25 15:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Grumpy Cat said: »
Keeping everyone in one base means you have to be REAL careful what you do while you are there. Some people get butthurt if you use a chem, or enter power armor, or help a settler with a quest, or eat a human corpse.

Bwahahaha. I saw a thing on Tumblr with all the companion's reactions to cannibalism. Strong's was easily the best.

Grumpy Cat said: »
I want the damn Human and Dog/Robot combo back!!

I heard you could have both Dog or/Codsworth AND a companion, but hadn't tried it; did they patch that or something?
 Bahamut.Omael
By Bahamut.Omael 2015-11-25 15:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm okay with the voice acting of the wanderers.

I dunno. I'm weird like that I guess.

It's not a dealbreaker for me, I'd just like the option to turn it off. I'd also like more dialogue choices than "Good guy" and "Sarcastic good guy". I didn't think I'd miss terrifying presence as much as I do.
By Grumpy Cat 2015-11-25 15:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard you could have both Dog or/Codsworth AND a companion; did they patch that or something?

Like they added that in you mean? I know when I played last I couldn't. I have had to take a few days off though because girlfriend.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 21 22 23