By Jassik 2015-10-12 15:23:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Taberif said: »
Anna driving around in her top hat & monocle, indeed~

Wrong purple. Anna has a wang.
[+]
By Aeyela 2015-10-12 15:24:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Chris Evans is a *** and Top Gear is going to suck now.
 Bismarck.Siggymund
Premium
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Sigmund
By Bismarck.Siggymund 2015-10-12 16:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
where's the classics?
I was at a car show a few weeks ago, I was talking to a guy about the a similar subject. We were discussing what happens to all the hot rod cars in the next few decades, as all of the owners start to pass on. Do the cars just wind up in a garage and rot for the next 50 years, only to be rediscovered by the great-grand kids that will not be-able to drive because of a law not allowing you to drive a car manually. It is sad but days of the American automobile are fading slowly. By American I mean how we feel about our cars.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-12 17:12:43
Link | Quote | Reply

The day you aren't allowed to control your own car is the day I never leave my house again.

Classic car culture isn't going anywhere until there simply aren't any cars left worth the title. I'm sorry to say, there won't be many cars from the last few decades that will ever be considered special or classic outside of very niche circles.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-12 19:22:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I used to be a car nut. Indeed, I have worked as a mechanic. I kinda fell out of wrenching over fuel injection, underhood computers, and code readers.

The one I most regret selling was one of these:

It could haul 60 cases of stubbies, 15 cases of quarts, and enough ice to cool them all down.

It had a 361 wedge, I had fantasies of dropping in a 440.

Today I am waiting for the self driving car.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-12 22:01:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Modern efi cars are actually easier to fix than older ones. Everything is essentially binary. No adjusting, if something doesn't work, replace it.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-10-14 15:44:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Modern efi cars are actually easier to fix than older ones. Everything is essentially binary. No adjusting, if something doesn't work, replace it.
I am talking the transitional cars of the late '70s - 80s. Overly complex with mechanical stuff handling much of what is done by computers today.
[+]
VIP
By Jassik 2015-10-29 20:10:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I am talking the transitional cars of the late '70s - 80s. Overly complex with mechanical stuff handling much of what is done by computers today.

Yeah, the OPEC era cars were a mess and it wasn't until the early 90's that they really figured stuff out.

On a side note, I picked this up today.

[+]
 Fenrir.Acey
Server: Fenrir
user: abyssal
By Fenrir.Acey 2015-10-29 21:36:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't know how to post pics from phone but I got a 2013 focus st waiting on the rs to come to America in 2016. And I have a 2015 Mitsubishi Lancer evolution. My evo is currently pushing close to 800awhp
[+]