Pokémon GO! - (Savage)

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Arcade » Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
Pokémon GO! - (Savage)
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63
By Yatenkou 2017-03-23 18:34:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
Good, that's a relief. Miltank is one of my favorites from Johto.

So what all does that leave as possible region specific? Or if there are even any from this generation?

I caught the following

Natu/Xatu
Qwilfish
Forretress/Pineco
Mantine
Wooper/Quagsire
Smoochum/Magby
I also got a Hitmontop

Oh just to give people a heads up, some kinda event is going on and there's a LOT of water pokemon showing up
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-03-23 18:44:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The region specific is Heracross.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-03-23 19:11:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Yatenkou said: »
Shiva.Siviard said: »
Good, that's a relief. Miltank is one of my favorites from Johto.

So what all does that leave as possible region specific? Or if there are even any from this generation?

I caught the following

Natu/Xatu
Qwilfish
Forretress/Pineco
Mantine
Wooper/Quagsire
Smoochum/Magby
I also got a Hitmontop

Oh just to give people a heads up, some kinda event is going on and there's a LOT of water pokemon showing up
https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2017/03/22/pokemon-go-announces-new-water-festival-event-with-increased-gyarados-lapras-spawns/
By Drkside 2017-03-24 08:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm the only guy surprised to see a shiny magikarp I guess lol didn't hear any definitive news about shinier before, must of missed it
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2017-03-24 08:35:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Drkside said: »
So I'm the only guy surprised to see a shiny magikarp I guess lol didn't hear any definitive news about shinier before, must of missed it
They just released them for the Water Event.
By Drkside 2017-03-24 08:38:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah that explains it, thanks
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2017-03-28 01:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Some people are reporting giant substitute dolls appearing randomly in some places:

This particular spot is one where everyone around here who plays the app gathers to find rare pokemon.

Anyone know what this is for?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [83 days between previous and next post]
By Kuwoobie 2017-06-19 12:55:03
Link | Quote | Reply

So apparently gyms are getting a massive overhaul. I'm not sure yet if it's good or not, but from the look of it, I'm leaning it's probably a big improvement over the old system, which, given how terrible it was, shouldn't be terribly hard.

https://www.cnet.com/news/pokemon-go-update-june-2017-gyms-raids/?ftag=COS-05-10-aaa0a&linkId=38846526
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-07-22 22:33:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a head's up.

Lugia and Articuno are available now via Raids. Zapdos and Moltres are coming soon.

You can use standard Raid Passes to battle the legends.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-22 23:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I did see the commercial for legendary raids. I go on vacation this week so maybe I'll reinstall it for shiggles and see what's up.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-07-30 22:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone wanna give me a rundown on raising a battle pokemon?
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-07-31 12:22:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
anyone wanna give me a rundown on raising a battle pokemon?
just fyi; been busy lately with family from out of state and injured pet. No time to look all this up and sort through good/bad info and out dated info right now. - Iv only ever bothered randomly catching things since i dont get any spawns where i live. Only can when im out doing something else where. So never really looked into this.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-31 13:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I was about to start getting back into pokemon, until I realized the absurd cost of you had to buy those raid passes (I should have known). Would have been nice to find some at PokeStops. I'm just not interested in buying that just for a *chance* to get a legendary.

And yes, some people have reported the legendary battles are not 100% catches...Its random. That's pretty lame, considering how long those raid battles can be.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-07-31 13:10:31
Link | Quote | Reply

You get a free raid pass every day from spinning the gyms now. Gyms act like PokeStops and you get items now.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-07-31 14:15:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
I was about to start getting back into pokemon, until I realized the absurd cost of you had to buy those raid passes (I should have known). Would have been nice to find some at PokeStops. I'm just not interested in buying that just for a *chance* to get a legendary.

And yes, some people have reported the legendary battles are not 100% catches...Its random. That's pretty lame, considering how long those raid battles can be.
I haven't had the fortune to fight a legendary, I'm from a small town so it would take a lot of organisation to get the people together for one but that's how raids work, you get a certain amount of special pokeballs to catch the raid pokemon, if you don't catch it then too bad.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-31 15:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
You get a free raid pass every day from spinning the gyms now. Gyms act like PokeStops and you get items now.

Dafuq????????

Thanks I didn't know this. Been away for a bit
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-08-01 13:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

do they learn new moves as they grow or do they only get the ones that they start with?
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2017-08-01 14:48:04
Link | Quote | Reply

You get 1 fast and 1 charged move that you're stuck with unless you evolve it (and you get 2 new random moves) or you use a TM. TMs drop from raids and let you reroll moves.

Since this round of legendaries are all birds, rock is very strong, particularly against Moltres. Tyranitar is the best all around damage dealer with Golem and Machamp also being useful as a glass cannon for level 5 raids and the optimal damage dealer for level 4 raids, respectively.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-08-01 16:51:40
Link | Quote | Reply

iv yet to see a tyranitar or machamp or its other versions sadly. Did find a geodude and onix.

Do you always get two new moves on an evolution? Even if you like the two you might already have.
 Valefor.Philemon
Server: Valefor
user: detlef
By Valefor.Philemon 2017-08-01 17:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Each pokemon has a set of moves that are randomly chosen from a pool that differs by pokemon. If you evolve something, its new moves are chosen randomly and have no relation to the previous evolution.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-08-01 17:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

is there more to raising them then there CP (aside from there types, move set, ect)?
Is there a difference between two pokemon with different CP? For example, two pidgys with the same move set but have very different CP value. Or only that one would require more to power it up.
Is there a hard cap for cp on each pokemon type or can that varry for each pidgey.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2017-08-01 18:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

This is worth a read. It will help you to understand the Pokemon's stats.

https://pokemon.gameinfo.io/en/tools/iv-calculator
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-08-01 19:24:07
Link | Quote | Reply

thats a nice site. I dont suppose there is any way to tie that in on the phone to see that info while playing? Not sure if its jsut my phone, but when i change screens and then change back to the game, it restarts and reloads up.

I also dont suppose there is a simple way of finding types of pokemon in any given area? I seem to have the same few in this area most of the time. Hard to find others.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 01:00:17
Link | Quote | Reply

There is an in-game appraisal feature that gives you an idea of how good a pokemon is. You can use third party apps to read your game data too, but I feel like its enough to just go by the messages the leaders give you and stick with that. I had a habit of only keeping any pokemon that was a "wonder" which is best class of IVs. It may be low IVs or highest IV, but I didn't care because it was in the upper level of great stats.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-08-02 13:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

im guessing you have to be aligned with a leader to get that appraisal? I never bothered doing that, so iv never seen this appraisal feature.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 13:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You would have had to pick a color (red blue yellow) when you started. You can tell by clicking your avatar in the lower left corner of your game screen from the world map. There should be a bird behind your avatar.

You can go to your pokemon screen and click on any pokemon, and then the three lines in the lower right corner, and then appraise. Your affiliate leader will pop out and explain details about the pokemon you selected.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 14:03:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-08-02 14:09:29
Link | Quote | Reply

yea, i dont have that appraise option yet since i didnt join any of them. Guess i got to get around to that as well.

For transferring pokemon, if you transfer your only one of that type, is it removed from your pokedex as having caught it?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-08-02 14:43:21
Link | Quote | Reply

No you keep the pokedex record.

Have you tried accessing a gym? I forget where, but there should be an option to join a team, either from a gym or pokestop. I forget where you get the option to choose, I could have swore it was at the start of your game.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-08-02 16:25:13
Link | Quote | Reply

i get the option if i go to a gym, but iv never bothered fighting or raising them to fight yet, so i waited to join one of them. Honestly i probably still wouldnt bother much if i hadnt seen these legendary raids. Limited chance of catching certain ones. Of course, by the time i find something useful and raise a pt, they would probably be over anyway.

edit: for those raid fights with multiple ppl, can different ppl have the same pokemon in there party?
First Page 2 3 ... 61 62 63