Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 216 217 218
By eliroo 2016-08-31 12:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
eliroo said: »
No problem with the main title, second title attached to the article is pretty pushy.

I'd rather the news just report and not try to paint pictures.

That's what's called a "deck" (the second title).

Yeah, eh. It's a small bit of editorializing, but far from the most egregious example I've ever seen. It's a bit of an assumption, but not much of one.

Thanks, did not know that.

Yea could be worse, but they were most likely just saying what we were all thinking.

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
It will be interesting to see how it turns out... we will get to see Trumps demeanor as he interacts with his possible counterparts... Especially given the rhetoric exchanged earlier in the year by both regarding the wall...

I'm surprised Nieto agreed to the meeting, the results should be interesting.
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
Game: FFXI
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-31 13:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
I'm surprised Nieto agreed to the meeting, the results should be interesting.
So is the Mexican press and a lot of the American press.
By Ramyrez 2016-08-31 14:16:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
So is the Mexican press and a lot of the American press.

I ju$t don't under$tand what may have in$tigated thi$ change of heart.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-08-31 20:00:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
... it’s unlikely that Trump is suddenly going to look more palatable to Hispanics after his quick Mexican trip that could feature a big confrontation with Peña Nieto — whose own domestic approval rating was down to 23 percent in a recent poll conducted by the Reforma newspaper. After all, Trump’s favorability rating in Mexico, according to a recent poll from the El Financiero paper, is 2 percent....

If anything, he could use an uncomfortable standoff to prove to his base of anti-illegal-immigration white voters that he’s serious about confronting Mexico. But even if it’s not a play directly to Trump’s core voters, it could still be an attempt to file down his sharp edges among women and educated white voters, said Ayres, likening Trump’s effort to his outreach to black voters in recent weeks.

“Perhaps the strategic play is not for more nonwhites,” he said, “but moderate Republicans who have yet to get on the Trump train because they don’t want to support someone perceived as being racist."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/trump-clinton-hispanic-voters-227602#ixzz4Ixg7kMeL
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2016-09-01 07:13:00
Link | Quote | Reply

If only we could get Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood to help soften up those wetbavks with some hard labor...

Tben they would come around....

/makes a few calls
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-01 12:44:53
Link | Quote | Reply

King likes to go on about how the media constantly gives Hillary a pass.

Well the media just gave Trump the greatest pass yet. In his immigration speech he called for the biggest white nationalist wet dream ever, that being the repeal of Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965, and only one outlet caught it so far.

Trump said:
We’ve admitted 59 million immigrants to the United States between 1965 and 2015. Many of these arrivals have greatly enriched our country. So true. But we now have an obligation to them and to their children to control future immigration as we are following, if you think, previous immigration waves...

To keep immigration levels measured by population share within historical norms. To select immigrants based on their likelihood of success in U.S. society and their ability to be financially self- sufficient.

We take anybody. Come on in, anybody. Just come on in. Not anymore.
"Historical norms"... like back to the 1920s law called the Emergency Quota Act.

TheDailyStormer said:
If Trump is elected, he is going to need someone pushing things further right than he is. When David Duke is saying “we need to completely repeal the 1965 immigration act and issue an executive order stating that all citizenship awarded to non-Whites after 1965 was fraud and needs to be stripped from those awarded it,” all of the sudden Trump banning and expelling Moslems becomes normal.

Trump Makes White Nationalist Proposal; Media Doesn’t Notice

HuffPo

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-01 19:20:17
Link | Quote | Reply

intrloper said: »
HuffPo huh... Right up there with politico and salon.
While Britebart knows exactly what he is talking about they aren't going to spill the beans.

The lamestream media is clueless.

The traditional liberal media, like Mother Jones and the Nation, have no news staff, just a few writers.

The HuffPo has many (unpaid) bloggers, all looking to increase their media penetration.

Who do you think would break this otherwise?
 Asura.Valyrian
Server: Asura
By Asura.Valyrian 2016-09-01 19:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
HuffPo huh... Right up there with politico and salon.
While Britebart knows exactly what he is talking about they aren't going to spill the beans.

The lamestream media is clueless.

The traditional liberal media, like Mother Jones and the Nation, have no news staff, just a few writers.

The HuffPo has many (unpaid) bloggers, all looking to increase their media penetration.

Who do you think would break this otherwise?

Isn't HuffPo the one that fired the guy who mentioned Hillary Clinton's health, and then deleted his story?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Valyrian
Server: Asura
By Asura.Valyrian 2016-09-01 21:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You know, I was actually VERY far left before this whole election process. The entire DNC corruption, and just seeing how manipulative the government officials on the left are (not saying the right aren't, but they go about it a different way) has completely flipped me.

I went from Bernie supporter to Trump supporter. Those in charge of the Democratic party manipulate the populace by feigning support for those in need simply to accumulate votes. Now that I think about it, I don't consider myself a Democrat or Republican, as the Never Trumpers made me realize they are basically the same. Bernie and Trump were the two "outsiders" who are flipping this whole thing on it's head, and ending the cycle of handing power back and forth between dynasties.

You can tell by the outright bias of the media against both of them. It's come down to Globalists vs. Populists, and if Trump wins, the new Republican party will represent Populists. I am 100% for that. Just take a look at what Globalism has done to Europe.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-09-02 03:56:00
Link | Quote | Reply

And look at what populists have done to south America.

Which one of us is faring better again? EU or South America?
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-03 10:28:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Clinton camp rips Trump over his foundation's IRS troubles
Politico

Quote:
Under attack from Republicans over pay-for-play allegations, Hillary Clinton’s campaign on Friday took the opportunity to punch back, ripping Donald Trump over his own foundation's run-in with the Internal Revenue Service.

Trump's foundation — which the Clinton campaign refers to as the one “that has been caught in an actual pay-to-play scandal” — was forced to pay the IRS a $2,500 penalty this year following the revelation that the Trump Foundation improperly donated $25,000 to a political committee supporting Florida Attorney General Pam Bondi in 2013. The foundation failed to document the payment in its IRS filings. The fine was first revealed Thursday by the Washington Post.

The contribution came as Bondi was considering whether to investigate allegations of fraud at the now-defunct Trump University. Bondi ultimately declined to pursue the case, but for Trump’s nonprofit organization to donate to a political candidate is a potential violation of federal rules, as charities are barred from doing such.

Clinton campaign communications director Jennifer Palmieri blasted Trump on Friday for “falsely attacking the charity run by President Clinton when it is Trump’s own Foundation that has been caught in an actual pay-to-play scandal.”

“While the Clinton Foundation has received the highest ratings from independent charitable watchdogs, Donald Trump’s use of foundation money to donate to the Florida Attorney General actually broke the law,” Palmieri said in a statement. “Worst of all, it appears the payment may have been intended to stave off an investigation into the sham Trump University that has ripped off unsuspecting students.”

“Donald Trump has no standing whatsoever to question the Clinton Foundation, which works to make AIDS and malaria drugs more accessible, when it's been proven he uses his own foundation to launder illegal campaign donations,” she added.

Clinton’s campaign in recent weeks has undergone attacks from Trump and other Republicans over allegations of quid pro quo as the release of batches of emails appear to show the former secretary of state and her aides involved in uncomfortably close ties between State Department business and Clinton Foundation donors. The emails also highlight the potential for more blurred lines between her administration and those who have supported her family's foundation should she win the White House in November, prompting calls from the right to immediately shut down the family foundation to end any potential conflicts of interest.
Well actually this is a pay to not play which would not be illegal save that the payment came from Trump's "charitable foundation."

There is a similar scandal about Trump's campaign contribution to then Texas attorney general Greg Abbott. No idea if it came from Trump's "charitable foundation" or not.

Greg Abbott’s top consumer attorneys built a $5.4M case against Donald Trump, but it never happened
The Dallas Morning News (King, what is the political leaning of that paper if any?)
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-03 11:15:53
Link | Quote | Reply

What's a 2500 fine worth to both parties? Seems more like a toll fee than a slap on the wrist.

I would thing the better angle to run with would be to go after paying people who worked on the Trump Campaign through his corporate entity.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-03 11:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Zerowone said: »
What's a 2500 fine worth to both parties?

Let's see.... *mumble mumble*... carry the one....

It looks like it's worth around $2500.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-03 13:25:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow so literal, no inference of scale and ratios.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-03 13:27:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry. For a point of reference, we're talking about the equivalent of 4782 space bucks.
[+]
By fonewear 2016-09-03 15:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

YouTube Video Placeholder

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-09-03 16:44:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Sorry. For a point of reference, we're talking about the equivalent of 4782 space bucks.

Yuk yuk.

when we're talking about people and organizations with hundreds of millions, even billions as one has claimed; 2500 is couch change.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-03 23:07:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I know why Skjalf and Lordgrim like Trump.

Conspiracy Theorist Alex Jones Boasts About Advising Donald Trump
He said in some cases Trump was “even ahead of me” in his thinking.

HuffPo

Quote:
Alex Jones, the conspiracy theorist behind the website Infowars who believes the Sept. 11 attacks were an inside job, boasted on his radio show that he has the ear of GOP nominee Donald Trump.

Jones believes that several mass shootings, like the 2012 one in Newtown, Connecticut, in which 26 people were killed, were “false flags” staged by the government. On his radio show on Wednesday, Jones claimed he had personally spoken to Trump and advised him to speak about how the election could be rigged against the Republican nominee....
Lots more too....

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-09-04 00:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The trick is in trying to figure out which group has less credibility -- Infowars or the Huffington Post?

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-04 08:39:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Again though man if you think HuffPo is going to be anywhere close to balanced then you are mistaken. They have a very vested interest in seeing Trump lose. Though I rather see you post HuffPo then Salon.
I never called it balanced. I often look for other sources for the stuff I post from them. But sometimes I post the HuffPo article anyway. Paywalls are not the only reason.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2016-09-05 09:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

saw this today...

Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-09-06 20:58:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Florida AG asked Trump for donation before nixing fraud case
(From the AP website King.)

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) — Florida's attorney general personally solicited a political contribution from Donald Trump around the same time her office deliberated joining an investigation of alleged fraud at Trump University and its affiliates

The new disclosure from Attorney General Pam Bondi's spokesman to The Associated Press on Monday provides additional details around the unusual circumstances of Trump's $25,000 donation to Bondi.

The money came from a Trump family foundation in apparent violation of rules surrounding political activities by charities. A political group backing Bondi's re-election, called And Justice for All, reported receiving the check Sept. 17, 2013 — four days after Bondi's office publicly announced she was considering joining a New York state probe of Trump University's activities, according to a 2013 report in the Orlando Sentinel.

After the check came in, Bondi's office nixed suing Trump, citing insufficient grounds to proceed.

Bondi declined repeated requests for an interview on Monday, referring all questions to Marc Reichelderfer, a political consultant who worked for her most re-election effort.

Reichelderfer told AP that Bondi spoke with Trump "several weeks" before her office publicly announced it was deliberating whether to join a lawsuit proposed by New York's Democratic attorney general. Reichelfelder said that Bondi was unaware of dozens of consumer complaints received by her office about Trump's real-estate seminars at the time she requested the donation.

"The process took at least several weeks, from the time they spoke to the time they received the contribution," Reichelderfer told AP.

The timing of the donation by Trump is notable because the now presumptive Republican presidential nominee has said he expects and receives favors from politicians to whom he gives money.

"When I want something I get it," Trump said at an Iowa rally in January. "When I call, they kiss my ***. It's true."

In addition to the money given by his foundation, Trump himself has donated $253,500 since in Florida since 1999, most of it going to Republican candidates, the state party or political committees affiliated with GOP officials. His daughter, Ivanka Trump, also gave a $500 check to Bondi a week before her father's money came in, as well as another $25,000 to the Republican Party of Florida the following year.

The AP reviewed thousands of pages of records related to consumer complaints about Trump University and its affiliates filed with Bondi's office. The documents — previously obtained by the Orlando Sentinel, which first reported Trump's donation to Bondi — reveal a new reservoir of unhappy Trump University customers, despite recent claims from the presumptive GOP presidential nominee that the students of his real estate seminar company were overwhelmingly satisfied.

New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and a separate federal class action civil lawsuit in California allege that Trump University — which was largely owned by Trump himself — defrauded consumers by as much as $35,000 each with promises of a real estate investing education that they either did not receive or found to be worthless.

All told, more than 20 people requested help from the Florida attorney general's office in obtaining refunds from Trump University and affiliates, with Bondi's predecessor receiving numerous other complaints about the seminar company Trump partnered with. Many of the Trump-related consumers alleged that they paid money for training materials and personalized instruction which were never delivered.

"I was laid off work for the first time in my life and really need this money to support my family," wrote one of the many people seeking help, adding that he had been promised a refund but never received it. "$1,400 is so much money for my family."

The documents complicate prior claims by Bondi's office that she received only one consumer complaint about Trump University at the time that she decided not to join the New York investigation.

Bondi's office said that its statement about receiving only a single complaint was accurate at the time because most of the complaints dealt with the Trump Institute, a separate corporate entity from Trump University, and were made before she took office at the start of 2011. The Trump Institute was licensed by Trump to run his seminars, however, with Trump keeping a share of the profits, according to depositions in the Trump University case. In internal emails, Bondi's own staff appeared to lump Trump University and the Trump Institute together — as New York's lawsuit has done.

Bondi was not the only GOP attorney general to shy away from suing Trump.

The Associated Press first reported last week that then-Texas Attorney Greg Abbott received $35,000 from Trump, three years after his office in 2010 dropped a proposed lawsuit over Trump U. Following AP's report, former Texas Deputy Chief of Consumer Protection John Owens said the case had been dropped for political reasons. He also made public a detailed internal summary of what he called his staff's strong case against Trump.

A spokesman for Abbott, now the Texas governor, said the case was dropped after Trump's organization agreed to stop offering his namesake real-estate seminars in the state. Within months, Trump University was out of business nationwide.

By choosing not to pursue Trump in court, the GOP attorneys general left the unhappy students in their states on their own to try to get refunds from the celebrity businessman.

Both Bondi and Abbott have now endorsed Trump for president.
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 216 217 218