Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Trump Talk™
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 216 217 218
By fonewear 2015-06-30 17:57:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kenesu said: »
You call him a moron, but he's 100 times smarter then other pres / candidate that has/is running.

Well a lot of the candidates for 2016 couldn't lead a Boy Scout club let alone the USA. I mean Hillary Jeb Bush is this a joke ?

I wouldn't trust either of them running anything.

No matter who wins in 2016 America will lose. Cause we fail to elect a real leader every single time.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-06-30 18:05:15
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
You call him a moron, but he's 100 times smarter then other pres / candidate that has/is running.

Well a lot of the candidates for 2016 couldn't lead a Boy Scout club let alone the USA. I mean Hillary Jeb Bush is this a joke ?

No matter who wins in 2016 America will lose. Cause we fail to elect a real leader every single time.

Well that's what happens when you elect a president based on who you'd be willing to share a beer with, the amount of melanin in his/her skin, or the contents of his/her underwear. "Leadership skill" is probably 52nd on the list.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-30 22:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Well that's what happens when you elect a president based on who you'd be willing to share a beer with, the amount of melanin in his/her skin, or the contents of his/her underwear. "Leadership skill" is probably 52nd on the list.
While I understand (I think) what both you and fone are trying to convey, leadership skills are intangible attributes that have many different definitions to different people.

What is your definition of a leader and leadership skills?

Most modern politicians (to me) lack many leadership qualities that are needed as president and commander-in-chief of the US because of (but not limted to) their willingness to sell-out to special interests placing those interests above their constituents, an unwillingness to compromise in a heavily divided nation, and a lack of strategic experience in long term large projects.

Many (I'm sure) will disagree with me that those qualities are necessary for a leader.

There is an old military saying, roughly stating, "In order to be a good leader, you also have to be a good follower".

I haven't seen any politician running for president, in decades, that meets that criteria.

My opinion: I can't envision Trump as the commander sending us to war or embarking on any long term decisions. I'd be afraid he'd find a better deal for himself and hang the soliders/citizens out to dry, as he's done previously with business deals.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-06-30 22:22:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Well it's hard to find a leader in D.C. cause normally good leaders do more important things than become a politician !
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2015-06-30 22:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Donald Trump Files $500 Million Lawsuit Against Univision
Lawsuit, also brought by the Miss Universe Organization, alleges breach of contract and defamation

Quote:

Lol. It'll be interesting to see if this lasts beyond a request for summary judgement.

Donald Trumps Beauty Pagent: hosts quit and another TV network pulls out
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-06-30 23:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering the first amendment only protects you from government censorship, I imagine it will go about as well as the other 5 dozen lawsuits he filed against privately held companies who no longer want to do business with him over his stupid public statements.

He's one of the most frivolously litigious people in America.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-06-30 23:28:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:

Anyone with real leadership potential could never get elected into a Presidential office and only a few make it to Senator.

Being a leader means taking responsibility for things that you often have no control over, it means making decisions that are guaranteed to piss off a bunch of people even if its the right decision. It also means doing things that you personally don't want to do but that need done anyway. Unlike what TV would have you believe, it's not glory, fame and really good looking photo's, it's a ***ton of headache and responsibility.

Anyone who's passed through and succeed in those kinds of situations / experiences would have a history and skillset that most would find easy to attack. That person would never make it through the media bloodbath that happens to anyone being nominated for those big positions. Instead anyone who desires a career in politics needs to go through life being extremely careful to never leave any angle that their opponents can use to attack them. That means always taking the safe road, making safe decisions, exposing oneself to minimum real responsibility and always ensuring someone else can take the blame for bad things happening.

Ultimately, each of you is responsible for those who get elected, whether you voted for them or not. Because each of you is so controlled by your own emotional state that you'd allow external media entities to insert thoughts and beliefs into your heads and then form mobs based on them.

[Mod edit: If you're going to swear, just swear. Don't try and bypass the filter. --Rooks]
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-06-30 23:38:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So in conclusion, everyone is just jealous of Trump's money.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-01 00:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So in conclusion, everyone is just jealous of Trump's Toupee.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-01 07:08:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
So in conclusion, everyone is just jealous of Trump's money.

That pretty much sums it up. If any of us had billions of dollars we'd still be a "normal" ffxiah poster. Just we'd have a gold plated keyboard.
By Jetackuu 2015-07-01 07:14:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Kara said: »
The suit claims “the decision was, in reality, a thinly veiled attempt by Univision, a privately held company principally owned by longtime Clinton Foundation donor and current Hillary Clinton fundraiser, Haim Saban, to suppress Mr. Trump’s freedom of speech under the First Amendment as he begins to campaign for the nation’s presidency.”
The stupid, it burns.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-01 07:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe a Trump discussion lasted more than 3 pages.

I mean this isn't gay marriage or taxes. This is Trump we are talking about...
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-01 09:24:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't believe a Trump discussion lasted more than 3 pages.

I mean this isn't gay marriage or taxes. This is Trump we are talking about...
Just delineating his absurdities and stupidities would take dozens of pages.

Commenting on them many more.

Jetackuu said: »
The stupid, it burns.
His wig alone is worth 3 pages at least.
By fonewear 2015-07-01 09:42:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp Macy's pulled Trump business relations. They won't let this story die.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-07-01 09:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm disappointed in this thread .... the whole thing and no one posted this.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-01 09:46:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:

Anyone with real leadership potential could never get elected into a Presidential office and only a few make it to Senator.

Being a leader means taking responsibility for things that you often have no control over, it means making decisions that are guaranteed to piss off a bunch of people even if its the right decision. It also means doing things that you personally don't want to do but that need done anyway. Unlike what TV would have you believe, it's not glory, fame and really good looking photo's, it's a ***ton of headache and responsibility.

Anyone who's passed through and succeed in those kinds of situations / experiences would have a history and skillset that most would find easy to attack. That person would never make it through the media bloodbath that happens to anyone being nominated for those big positions. Instead anyone who desires a career in politics needs to go through life being extremely careful to never leave any angle that their opponents can use to attack them. That means always taking the safe road, making safe decisions, exposing oneself to minimum real responsibility and always ensuring someone else can take the blame for bad things happening.

Ultimately, each of you is responsible for those who get elected, whether you voted for them or not. Because each of you is so controlled by your own emotional state that you'd allow external media entities to insert thoughts and beliefs into your heads and then form mobs based on them.

[Mod edit: If you're going to swear, just swear. Don't try and bypass the filter. --Rooks]
You're mostly wrong on this... There are a few things you got right though... one being that we are definitely responsible for those that get elected and that falls on our shoulders. The second being that you definitely have to make tough choices that will piss some people off.

The things you're wrong about... A lot of people that have developed good skillsets that could potentially make them good leaders doesn't actually gaurantee that they would be good in office. Also, there have been plenty of business men and women in office that have served major companies in leadership roles and others that have built their own businesses from the ground up. It has not necasarrily made them good leaders nor has it blocked them from getting into office. Saying that they have a shady background and that's what prevents them from getting into office sounds like a good thing to me. It is not a qualifier we need in leadership.

There are two major reasons why we're *** on the leadership front. People who can lead don't necassarily want to. Whether it be because they don't want the stress or they'd rather live a private life than a public one or whatever the reason... Two is money. We've made money such a huge part of our campaigns that it's quite disgusting and looked at as necassary to become a frontrunner in most serious elections. People are more worried about their hotbutton issues being pandered to while the money flows in and puts a leash on the candidates marked for office.

I'd say your in need of checking your own emotional state on the matter though as you don't seem very objective in the matter.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-01 09:49:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump has ultimately been successful because he's aggressive and he knows how to exploit the system to his benefit. He's learned and grown on those fronts too. He'd be a horrible politician though. Personally I like how he just speaks his mind and kind of word vomits all over the place and there is some truth to some of the things he says but ultimately he has no place representing the people. I like when he talked about doing some deal for land to gaddaffi and how he gave trump a ton of money and then trump just ultimately screwed him out of it and how he was proud of that and telling us that is what we should be doing to people.
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-01 13:12:52
Link | Quote | Reply

And the beat goes on....

Macy's dumps Donald Trump
CNN

Mexico pulls out of Trump's Miss Universe pageant
CNN

Cheryl Burke, Thomas Roberts quit hosting gigs in Miss USA Pageant
Entertainment Weekly

But yet....

Poll: Bush, Trump rising nationally for GOP
CNN
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-01 13:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump is pretty successful, I wouldn't think one gets to be successful without accounting for many if not all "what ifs" that are tied to any particular action.

I find it hard to believe he didn't see Macy's and NBC coming as a possible consequence. I doubt its at all "unexpected". I'd still vote for him over Bush, and most certainly over Clinton or anyone on the left.

Honestly there's a whole bunch of actual conservatives who are sick of seeing the GOP loose it's backbone. Trump speaks the truth and surprise surprise, people like that.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-01 13:36:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump speaks in half truths, panders and then ignores any responsibility we share in the matter. That's about it. The sad think is that you think its the whole truth.

He has pretty much no chance of winning the republican nomination and 0 chance of becoming the next president of the united states. So yeah... vote for him...
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-01 13:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Nasui, the Donald is half mouth and all ego.

He couldn't imagine any negative fallout from any of his actions if he tried.

Neither the GOP nor the Democrats have a backbone today, nor have they for several decades.

As far as actual conservatives, I know of none that have been elected in about that long as well.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-07-01 17:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Which GOP Presidential Candidate Was The First To Call Out Trump On Immigration?
Daily Caller

Quote:
In a desperate bid to stay relevant, Republican presidential long-shot George Pataki has formally denounced fellow candidate Donald Trump for the comments he made about Mexican illegal immigrants.

Quote:
(Tweet)
I reject @RealDonaldTrump comments & call on GOP candidates for President to join me in denouncing them @JebBush @marcorubio @RandPaul #FITN
Pataki’s comments come on the heels of NBC’s decision to cut ties with the business mogul, and the former New York governor also called upon the rest of the Republican field to join him in “standing up to Trump.”

Quote:
(Tweet)
As Donald Trump doubles down, I’m asking you to join me in standing up. http://ow.ly/P3zx3 @ScottWalker @GovernorPerry @CarlyFiorina
Quote:
(Tweet)
Join me. Stand up now. Denounce Donald Trump's comments today. http://ow.ly/P3BWl @JohnKasich @GrahamBlog @GovChristie #FITN

Full text of the release:
Quote:
The last week of news coverage over the language used by Donald Trump to describe Mexicans has left me and a lot of other sensible people wondering what century we are living in.
One hundred years ago, when Irish immigrants were coming to America, my grandmother among them, they were too often characterized as “drunks.” A few years later it was the Italian immigrants, my grandfather among them, who were called “mobsters” or worse, “dagos.” This type of divisive rhetoric is just wrong. It was wrong 100 years ago and it’s wrong today.
Yet here we are in 2015 and a leading candidate for the GOP nomination for president is calling Mexicans criminals, rapists and drug dealers. This is unacceptable.
I understand we must secure our border and stop illegal immigration. But I also understand that it’s not some Mexicans who are good people, it is the vast majority of Mexicans, who came here to work, succeed and live the American Dream.

My fellow Republicans like to talk about how we have to appeal to the Latino vote if we are going to win back the White House. They speak some Spanish, boast about “telling it like it is,” or counsel to not be afraid to lose the primary to win the general – yet so far have been silent when it comes to denouncing these sad and divisive remarks.

The next President of the United States will represent all Americans. We won’t win by dividing Americans against one another and we certainly can’t govern effectively doing so. We must secure the border, save American jobs, and have a leader in the White House world leaders can respect.

But we also must have a leader in the White House all Americans can respect, not just some.

As Donald Trump doubles down, I’m asking you to join me in standing up. Stand up for our party, for the ideals that made America great, and stand for the basic decency and integrity entitled to every American, no matter their heritage or nationality.

Join me. Stand up now. Denounce his comments today.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-07-01 18:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

God. Political Correctness has gone far to far. Glass this planet already.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2015-07-02 11:24:53
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/macys-cuts-ties-donald-trump-mexico-insults-145459426--finance.html
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-07-02 11:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Mr Trump, please consider the burritos before building that wall!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2015-07-02 12:10:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Trump defends inflammatory comments

Quote:
On Wednesday, Trump, who is a Republican presidential candidate, told Lemon he was pulling his facts from a Fusion article.

"Well if you look at the statistics of people coming, you look at the statistics on rape, on crime, on everything coming in illegally into this country it's mind-boggling!" he told Lemon, in a clip previewed on CNN's "Situation Room."

"If you go to Fusion, you will see a story: About 80% of the women coming in, you know who owns Fusion? Univision! Go to Fusion and pick up the stories on rape. It's unbelievable when you look at what's going on. So all I'm doing is telling the truth," Trump said.

Lemon replied that the press stories are about women being raped, but not about criminals coming across the border.

"Well, somebody's doing the raping, Don! I mean somebody's doing it! Who's doing the raping? Who's doing the raping?" he asked.

The Fusion Article
By Ramyrez 2015-07-02 12:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Lemon replied that the press stories are about women being raped, but not about criminals coming across the border.

"Well, somebody's doing the raping, Don! I mean somebody's doing it! Who's doing the raping? Who's doing the raping?" he asked.

Yeah...every rapist in America is an illegal immigrant...
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-07-02 12:16:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

Well, them and guys that look like this:
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-07-02 12:21:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »

He didn't say that and it won't change no matter how many times you say he did.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 216 217 218