FINAL FANTASY Record Keeper
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 159 160 161
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-04-23 15:36:57
Link | Quote | Reply

are growth eggs worth farming? I've been spamming the aerith event for shards and planning on buying as many orbs as i can, but those Growth eggs look tempting D:
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
Server: Lakshmi
user: Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-23 15:45:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You can grind out a decent amount of growth eggs during... Saturday? The daily event version drops a fair number of them, and you will likely want to be farming exp to begin with on your main group.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-23 15:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
Phoenix.Dabackpack said: »
around what level should i be attempting hard modes? atm I'm around ~20ish, and even some of the normal runs can give me trouble still.

aren't there level suggestions for each of the dungeons? on the JP version the suggestion is lvl 14 for the first FF7 stage

and I think in general, if you're within 5-10 levels of that suggestion then you're good

Ah i was mostly talking about event modes lol

Definitively above lv 30 with good gear (3*+). Some synergy helps too.

Im doing daily dungeon with a party of lv32~37 plus Josef with lv26, and Josef was 2 shotted. One of the hits dealt 1k+.

About growth egg, it helps to catch up new chars. Ideal characters just appear later in game. Like Aeris (best whm than WHM), Josef (second strongest), Rydia (popular mage).

For Aeris event, i definitively would favor orbs instead egg. Because you often will lack some orb to create abilities, and those abilities are too important later in game. Sugest you to check double cut, retaliate, all 5 Cloud's spellblade, armor/attack break, cure magics, boost. All those will consume several power and holy lesser orbs.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-23 15:53:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah retaliate is stupid broken.

EDIT: It's especially good under a few conditions:
1.) The character is the only one with a 5* weapon.
2.) (I don't know if this feature is in the Global Version yet but) The character gains weapon / player synergy with the level

the problem is usually you want more flexibility during fights and having to rely on one character is a good way to get killed
 Bismarck.Nickeny
Server: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2015-04-23 16:26:34
Link | Quote | Reply

2.) (I don't know if this feature is in the Global Version yet but) The character gains weapon / player synergy with the level

the problem is usually you want more flexibility during fights and having to rely on one character is a good way to get killed

you can restart your way to boss. Its how most people zerg thru the story and daily's. Also If you have Genji armor your pretty much jesus.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-23 16:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »

you can restart your way to boss. Its how most people zerg thru the story and daily's. Also If you have Genji armor your pretty much jesus.

true you can restart if you get ***, but once you get to later bosses the retaliate trick still isn't always the best
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-04-23 18:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

i just unlocked Cyan, Currently using Warrior, should i swap? or wait for somebody better? I honestly really regret missing Sephiroth X_x
I know that warrior isn't rated super great compared to others, So would i be better off using Cyan or waiting for somebody better?

edited
By Pantafernando 2015-04-23 18:11:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Also If you have Genji armor your pretty much jesus.

[+]
 Sylph.Gades
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Gades 2015-04-23 19:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

i just unlocked Cyan, Currently using Warrior, should i swap? or wait for somebody better? I honestly really regret missing Sephiroth X_x
I know that warrior isn't rated super great compared to others, So would i be better off using Cyan or waiting for somebody better?

edited

So Cyan is really good. Better then the Warrior. First off Cyan can use Samuari moves, which include counter attacking. His special move without his weapon is Bushido, which does heavy damage. Even at level 1, it dealt a heavy blow. He cant like use axes or so but he is really good. I am impressed with him. He can use a variety more of armors too.

This is just my opinion I say play the way you want to and enjoy it all the way you want to :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-23 20:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

edited

replace warrior
replace any character that doesn't come from a specific FF game (besides Tyro)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-04-23 20:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I made a new background for my phone from the treasure chest background :3
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-04-23 21:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

edited

replace warrior
replace any character that doesn't come from a specific FF game (besides Tyro)

so i just replaced warrior for cyan, used a golden 4? star growth egg on him (+20 levels from lvl1) threw him in my party, and realized he can't equip any good weapons i own X_x fml lol.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-23 21:14:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The JP version had a HUGE update today!! Going to check it out, but from the looks of it, you can equip multiple deathblows on one character, which is huge!

And also you gain some kind of points from having 5* character-specific weapons equipped...
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-23 21:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

holy ***YOU CAN EQUIP MULTIPLE DEATHBLOWS

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-23 22:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Dang SE and their ability to still find a way to have "JP ONRY" in even a mobile phone game.

Is the points for having characters with their proper equipment something like Synergy, or something else?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-23 22:40:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Chilzen said: »
Dang SE and their ability to still find a way to have "JP ONRY" in even a mobile phone game.

Is the points for having characters with their proper equipment something like Synergy, or something else?

Almost every JP mobile under the sun does the same thing --- most notably Puzzle and Dragons. They test the waters with the JP version, if it's popular, they release it globally. And of course they need to pace the content appropriately, so global is a few months behind. (This game only came out in September)

So about the new update:

I was able to equip Cecil with two deathblows: Ray Wings (from the weapon) and Rampart (base deathblow). He can use either of these during battle now.

When I look at the weapon, I can see a progress bar under the deathblow image. I gain these points at the EXP screen of a dungeon.

My guess is that once I fill this gauge up all the way, the character "learns" the deathblow (similar to how you can permanently keep weapon skills in FFXI now apparently). That way, for example, I can give Cecil a VII weapon so he can get synergy for a FFVII dungeon, but still have his cool deathblow.
[+]
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-23 22:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

And you guys are getting content pretty fast, so I'd wager this update is not too far ahead.

OH ALSO, all enemies/bosses have HP bars now. \o/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
Server: Ragnarok
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2015-04-23 23:14:34
Link | Quote | Reply

BUSTER SWORD!!!!!
[+]
By Pantafernando 2015-04-24 04:02:19
Link | Quote | Reply

deathblow.

Its called Soul Break in english version.

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
BUSTER SWORD!!!!!

I got twice healing staff... I guess it will be my first 6* weapon...

If its relic gear, you can have access to new soul break. If you mean a character using weapon from same realm (like cloud using gear from FFVII) i dont think so.

Btw, that tarutaru really need to lose some fat.

Back to JP content, i read somewhere they have quests to have back a missing event char. Im hoping that to be implemented fast in english version.
 Bahamut.Phidruran
Server: Bahamut
user: phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2015-04-25 07:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Started off a good morning with getting the Guard Stick with a 5 mythril draw.
By fillerbunny9 2015-04-25 07:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

so I got Genji Armor on a 5 Mythril pull day before yesterday and burned it up to level 20 yesterday, and while it seems a solid defensive piece, is there a hidden effect I am missing that makes it especially god-like as someone else posted?
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2015-04-25 07:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

fillerbunny9 said: »
so I got Genji Armor on a 5 Mythril pull day before yesterday and burned it up to level 20 yesterday, and while it seems a solid defensive piece, is there a hidden effect I am missing that makes it especially god-like as someone else posted?

I saw on the site "Adds minor resistance to Confuse."
 Bahamut.Phidruran
Server: Bahamut
user: phidruran
By Bahamut.Phidruran 2015-04-25 20:17:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Monster in the Lethe Event starting tomorrow evening. Looks like we'll be getting Terra this time.
By Pantafernando 2015-04-25 20:53:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Im wondering how will works the 5* relics.

Currently we have guard stick from Aeris taking priority (till 29/04), and overlapping with the 4 relics from Wakka, Cloud, Kain and Rydia. Suposelly, with Terra event, the Terra sword will have increased drop rate too.
 Lakshmi.Chilzen
By Lakshmi.Chilzen 2015-04-25 21:11:19
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I read around, the increased / advertised Relics have a 10% drop rate to obtain, while testing has shown that other 5* Relics have about a 5% drop. I would imagine it being similar to XI's TH pool, where you roll to land on a slot, and then it picks from the options.

If I'm not too crazy bad with math, I think that means during advertised Relics, you got a 15% chance to get a 5* item, as opposed to the usual rate?
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-25 22:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

From what I read around, the increased / advertised Relics have a 10% drop rate to obtain, while testing has shown that other 5* Relics have about a 5% drop. I would imagine it being similar to XI's TH pool, where you roll to land on a slot, and then it picks from the options.

If I'm not too crazy bad with math, I think that means during advertised Relics, you got a 15% chance to get a 5* item, as opposed to the usual rate?

My understanding is that the 10% is constant --- basically you get two rolls: one determining the rank of the weapon, and the other determining the actual weapon in that rank. So the increased chance of the "Buster Sword" for example drops the other 5* chances.

EDIT:: Could be wrong about the last part though. This is how other similar games work as well.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2015-04-25 22:36:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, regarding the new JP update... with the new equipment points, maxing them on one weapon allows the equipped player to permanently learn the soul break. (You don't need the weapon equipped to use it.)

But of course it only works for character-specific soul breaks.

EDIT: And the equipment points are directly proportional to EXP and increase the same 50% as synergy EXP bonuses

Super-EDIT: That's wrong, I don't think there's a synergy bonus. There's a bonus if you have upgraded to a rank 6 or 7 weapon. (I have a 6* weapon that always is gaining a 50% exp bonus.)
 Fairy.Ghaleon
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-04-26 01:33:26
Link | Quote | Reply

how does terra rank on the jp ladder? :o
By Pantafernando 2015-04-26 08:01:23
Link | Quote | Reply

how does terra rank on the jp ladder? :o

She will be above Tyro in attack, the best magic user available atm (better than Rydia, but need to check if Terra can equip staves).

Summary (at 50) ranking relative to current english version:

Attack: 71 (12)
Defense: 58 (14)
Magic: 120 (1)
Mind: 78 (4)
HP: 3350 (10)
Resistance: 102 (1)
Speed: 118 (9)

Abilities

Abilities
Black Magic (Rarity 5)
White Magic (Rarity 3)
Physical Support (Rarity 4)

Limit Break
Level 1 - Trance Attack
Equip Enhance Sword (VI) - Trance Fira
Equipment

Weapons
Daggers, Swords, Rods

Armor
Shields
Hats, Helms
Light Armor, Armor, Robes, Armlets

Accessory
Can equip

Terra's relic:

Enhance Sword (VI)
Stats: ATK +55, MAG +77, ACC 95 (lv1), ? (lv5), ? (lv10), ? (lv15), ? (lv20), ? (lv25), ATK +95, MAG +127, ACC 95 (lv30)
Max Level: 20 (initial), 25 (first evolve), 30 (second evolve)
Type: Sword, Rarity: ★★★★★
Other: enables use of the Trance Fira limit break when equipped by Terra
By Pantafernando 2015-04-26 20:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

New event and Terra is up.

And just now i read some interesting hint, that i didnt notice before, but makes sense.

Currently we have 3 increased relic drop rate on-going: Aeris Guard Stick, Wakka/Cloud/Kain/Rydia relic and finally the new Terra relic/Zantetsuken/Regal Gown. I thought all those were available every relic pull done, but now i read, to access each increased drop rate, you need to select relic draw from respective banner. For example, I did 2 11 relic pulls and got 2 Guard Sticks. Looking now, that means i did the relic draw from Aeris Banner, so i was kinda of prevented of getting the Buster Sword, what i wanted. In other words, I wasted my 11 relic pulls ; ;
First Page 2 3 ... 5 6 7 ... 159 160 161