First Official GOP President Announcement

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » First official GOP President announcement
First official GOP President announcement
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 61 62 63
By Zackan 2015-03-26 15:49:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
/raises hand

Your thread sucks and you should feel bad for making it!

Nikolce is approved official Jackass for not letting the thread just die.

Also you can take your Your thread sucks and you should feel bad for making it! and shove it somewhere unpleasant. ^^

j/k but seriously. I am not the only one that has turned this thread into 27 28 pages now.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-03-26 15:51:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
which I think is true
Of course you do.
Clearly, you wouldn't understand.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-26 15:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I would not want to. But then again, I don't fantasize about rape and murder so maybe I can't.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-03-26 15:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Right. Murder/rape/mutilation fantasies deserve my utmost respect. You're a moron, lol.
Pleebo is the king of the thought police.
Because thoughts vocalized through the media or other platforms aren't subject to criticism?

If you lived by that standard you should rope yourself up for things you've posted on this page alone!

Thought police, in any case, would be if he was calling for this guys execution or imprisonment for saying it not laughing at the ridiculousness of said statement.

/shake head C'mon Nausi!
We're not talking about his actual statement, only the language and analogy he used to make it. Another example of politically correct based censorship.

I would not want to. But then again, I don't fantasize about rape and murder so maybe I can't.

See what I mean?

Exit note, according to wiki, 50-91% of people surveyed on university grounds in various places in the USA admit to having had a homicidal fantasy. Most likely you HAVE fantasized about murder before.
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-26 16:04:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Even excluding the brilliant execution of his "actual statement," what makes you think that fear of divine judgement is prohibitive of illegal acts?

You assume folks are more focused on an afterlife than the here and now?
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-26 16:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Right. Murder/rape/mutilation fantasies deserve my utmost respect. You're a moron, lol.
Pleebo is the king of the thought police.
Because thoughts vocalized through the media or other platforms aren't subject to criticism?

If you lived by that standard you should rope yourself up for things you've posted on this page alone!

Thought police, in any case, would be if he was calling for this guys execution or imprisonment for saying it not laughing at the ridiculousness of said statement.

/shake head C'mon Nausi!
We're not talking about his actual statement, only the language and analogy he used to make it. Another example of politically correct based censorship.

See what I mean?

Exit note, according to wiki, 50-91% of people surveyed on university grounds in various places in the USA admit to having had a homicidal fantasy. Most likely you HAVE fantasized about murder before.

But he didn't make a logical leap that homicide and rape only occur because folks don't fear divine judgment.

Furthermore, he didn't broadcast said belief.

Had he, he would have been subjected to ridicule just the same.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-26 16:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess I need to reform the list.

Words/concepts Nausi doesn't understand:
thought
analogy
censorship
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-27 08:43:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »
Also you can take your Your thread sucks and you should feel bad for making it! and shove it somewhere unpleasant.

/shrug

ok...if you insist.

/makes an appointment with Zackan's Mom

/digs five bucks worth of change out of the couch
[+]
 Seraph.Ramyrez
Server: Seraph
user: Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-27 08:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Also you can take your Your thread sucks and you should feel bad for making it! and shove it somewhere unpleasant.

/shrug

ok...if you insist.

/makes an appointment with Zackan's Mom

/digs five bucks worth of change out of the couch

Capitalism!

...ironically I bet most of the Tea Party has some sort of moral revulsion to prostitution, despite the fact it's possibly the most pure form of capitalism out there.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-27 08:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lye said: »

A lot are...
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-27 08:57:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Lye said: »

A lot are...

Christians are -- at least in theory and by doctrine, if not practice -- obsessed with the concept.
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-03-27 09:24:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »
...ironically I bet most of the Tea Party has some sort of moral revulsion to prostitution, despite the fact it's possibly the most pure form of capitalism out there.

haven't they gotten bored and jumped on some other bandwaggon yet?
 Seraph.Ramyrez
By Seraph.Ramyrez 2015-03-27 09:27:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently not!
By Zackan 2015-03-27 16:52:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seraph.Ramyrez said: »

To each there own. Only problem I would have with it is if the Federal Government made it 100% required to be legal.

Now the states allowing it? More power to you.

I guess I would be TPINO then eh?
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
Server: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-03-27 17:08:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This thread did reveal that Nausi is challenging Bill Walton for his crown as the king of hyperbole
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-27 18:16:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Rand Paul running for president yet?
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-03-27 18:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
As hard as he can without announcing.

In other news:

The Truth Behind Ted Cruz’s Lies The Daily Beast

Quote:
The junior senator from Texas is running for president. Here’s why his lies matter.

Selected paragraphs:

Quote:
Cruz’s Politifact track record for publicly-asserted falsehoods is the second-highest among front-runners, totaling 56 percent of all statements they’ve looked at. The only other leading contender with a higher rating is Ben Carson, who has a 100 percent “pants on fire” history, the result mainly of his brief time in the national spotlight and only having given Politifact one assertion to check—that people choose to be gay. (The investigative process on verifying that claim could have been entertaining, had Carson taken up Dan Savage’s invitation to take a very personal version of the Pepsi Challenge. Politifact chose a less experiential approach.)

It’s not just Cruz’s habit of embellishment that makes the video’s title more wish-fulfillment than description. One would expect a video entitled “A Time for Truth” to contain, you know, truth. Or calls to speak the truth, at the very least. Cruz’s infomercial, on the other hand, is simply a collection of Cruz clips wherein he apparently confuses speaking the truth with speaking very dramatically and forcefully. It is the Ugly American approach to foreign language in moral form.....

There are objective falsehoods that show Cruz could just be looking at a different set of data. Other, more telling whoppers show that Cruz isn’t just looking at different data, he’s living in a different universe.

The former category contains his insistence that there’s no such thing as global warming. The latter kind of lie is why Cruz can look a child in the eye and tell her the world is on fire....

Multiple news organizations have found fault with this standard refrain from his stump speech: “There are 110,000 agents at the IRS. We need to put a padlock on that building and take every one of those 110,000 agents and put them on our southern border.” There are not 110,000 agents at the IRS. There aren’t even that many employees. There are about 82,000, of whom about 14,000 are agents.....

Cruz’s fantasy life, understandably, gets warmer and fuzzier closer to home. Take his version of the aw-shucks, I-don’t-deserve-her, backhandedly condescending marital anecdote that male candidates are required to have. It casts his decision to run for Senate as a moment of unexpected validation:

He recalled saying to his wife in the weeks before his Senate primary, when he was still behind in the polls, “Sweetheart, I’d like us to liquidate our entire net worth, liquid net worth, and put it into the campaign.”

“What astonished me, then and now, was Heidi within 60 seconds said, ‘Absolutely,’ with no hesitation,” said Mr. Cruz, who invested about $1.2 million—“which is all we had saved,” he added—into his campaign.

Heidi Cruz herself recalls the conversation differently. There was no movie-friendly smash cut “absolutely,” or even assent. Rather, she told Politico, she “wanted him to raise money from elsewhere first, to show that the support was out there.” And even then, “She proposed that they not put their own cash into the campaign unless it made the difference between winning and losing.” That’s sort of the opposite of an instantaneous absolutely: a hesitant and conditional maybe.....
By Zackan 2015-03-28 00:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
As hard as he can without announcing.

In other news:

The Truth Behind Ted Cruz’s Lies The Daily Beast

Quote:
The junior senator from Texas is running for president. Here’s why his lies matter.

Selected paragraphs:

Quote:
Cruz’s Politifact track record for publicly-asserted falsehoods is the second-highest among front-runners, totaling 56 percent of all statements they’ve looked at. The only other leading contender with a higher rating is Ben Carson, who has a 100 percent “pants on fire” history, the result mainly of his brief time in the national spotlight and only having given Politifact one assertion to check—that people choose to be gay. (The investigative process on verifying that claim could have been entertaining, had Carson taken up Dan Savage’s invitation to take a very personal version of the Pepsi Challenge. Politifact chose a less experiential approach.)

It’s not just Cruz’s habit of embellishment that makes the video’s title more wish-fulfillment than description. One would expect a video entitled “A Time for Truth” to contain, you know, truth. Or calls to speak the truth, at the very least. Cruz’s infomercial, on the other hand, is simply a collection of Cruz clips wherein he apparently confuses speaking the truth with speaking very dramatically and forcefully. It is the Ugly American approach to foreign language in moral form.....

There are objective falsehoods that show Cruz could just be looking at a different set of data. Other, more telling whoppers show that Cruz isn’t just looking at different data, he’s living in a different universe.

The former category contains his insistence that there’s no such thing as global warming. The latter kind of lie is why Cruz can look a child in the eye and tell her the world is on fire....

Multiple news organizations have found fault with this standard refrain from his stump speech: “There are 110,000 agents at the IRS. We need to put a padlock on that building and take every one of those 110,000 agents and put them on our southern border.” There are not 110,000 agents at the IRS. There aren’t even that many employees. There are about 82,000, of whom about 14,000 are agents.....

Cruz’s fantasy life, understandably, gets warmer and fuzzier closer to home. Take his version of the aw-shucks, I-don’t-deserve-her, backhandedly condescending marital anecdote that male candidates are required to have. It casts his decision to run for Senate as a moment of unexpected validation:

He recalled saying to his wife in the weeks before his Senate primary, when he was still behind in the polls, “Sweetheart, I’d like us to liquidate our entire net worth, liquid net worth, and put it into the campaign.”

“What astonished me, then and now, was Heidi within 60 seconds said, ‘Absolutely,’ with no hesitation,” said Mr. Cruz, who invested about $1.2 million—“which is all we had saved,” he added—into his campaign.

Heidi Cruz herself recalls the conversation differently. There was no movie-friendly smash cut “absolutely,” or even assent. Rather, she told Politico, she “wanted him to raise money from elsewhere first, to show that the support was out there.” And even then, “She proposed that they not put their own cash into the campaign unless it made the difference between winning and losing.” That’s sort of the opposite of an instantaneous absolutely: a hesitant and conditional maybe.....

What is your point exactly?
By Zackan 2015-03-28 00:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

April 7th
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-28 07:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't bother, her "source" is The Daily Beast, a heavily liberal source, about as accurate as Brian Williams.

They make more ***up than an elephant eating fiber.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-03-28 08:40:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ben Carson for president?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-28 08:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

By fonewear 2015-03-28 09:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Christina Hendricks ?

[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-28 09:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm certainly ok with that.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-03-28 09:22:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Why can't we nominate at least one attractive woman to run for President !
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-28 09:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
Why can't we nominate at least one attractive woman to run for President !

If the president is going to be ineffectual, they might as well be hot.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-28 09:30:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't be the first time democrats voted based on looks alone

Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-28 09:39:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah... only Democrats vote based on looks...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-28 09:58:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

Yeah... only Democrats vote based on looks...
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-03-28 10:06:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Don't bother, her "source" is The Daily Beast, a heavily liberal source, about as accurate as Brian Williams.

They make more ***up than an elephant eating fiber.
Unlike Ted Cruz, that article was fact based.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 61 62 63