White History Month
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2015-03-05 00:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

so then can we omit every black person from history for the other 11 months out of the year since they get their snowflake month ?
 Bismarck.Osaia
Server: Bismarck
user: Osaia
By Bismarck.Osaia 2015-03-05 00:52:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm black and I never truly understood WHY we have black history month, I always felt it should go along with American history. Why do we have BET, but if a white person was to make White Entertainment Television it would be a uproar about racism... I actually don't object to his sign, if he wanna take pride in his race, if only for a month and to prove a point, by all means.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-05 01:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I think you can be proud of who you are without needing to tell everyone about it. WHITE and BLACK are colors, not ethnicities. There is a reason we have black history month, it's to fill in the gaps of the untold stories of black Americans. We just need to do a better job of recognizing people for who they are and what they do, not what color they are.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-03-05 01:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Stop with the division BS. A nation divided cannot stand. It's that simple.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-03-05 02:25:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Wickednessss said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
I actually vehemently disagree with his statement there. That's exactly what those who benefit from racism want. I see this card whipped out in nearly every discussion on racial issues like it's meant to shut down any dialogue. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a racial identity, but just because some *** would like to use that as a reason to prejudge, belittle, or antagonize a person doesn't mean that the solution is to sanitize and delete. *** that. Diversity and the absence of racism aren't mutually exclusive ideals.
[+]
 Bahamut.Franksmalls
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Franksmalls 2015-03-05 02:34:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Black History Month or White History Month who cares just something for people to complain about. Leave the man alone let him Have White History Month it's his Deli, if your offended don't eat there keep it moving. Simple.......
 Valefor.Endoq
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-03-05 02:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Having a hard time thinking of the whitest deli sandwich he could serve for this white history month.. I'm thinking maybe turkey with mayo on white bread and call it the "Jive Turkey"
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2015-03-05 04:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Wickednessss said: »
I actually vehemently disagree with his statement there. That's exactly what those who benefit from racism want. I see this card whipped out in nearly every discussion on racial issues like it's meant to shut down any dialogue. There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a racial identity, but just because some *** would like to use that as a reason to prejudge, belittle, or antagonize a person doesn't mean that the solution is to sanitize and delete. *** that. Diversity and the absence of racism aren't mutually exclusive ideals.
Personally, I agree with him. Arbitrary borders are just that. What is a racial identity but a ham-fisted cultural blanket identity? It isn't race that defines culture, but culture has an interesting way of defining race; and it's an active choice to ascribe that definition.
 Siren.Lordgrim
Server: Siren
user: Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-05 05:40:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Osaia said: »
I'm black and I never truly understood WHY we have black history month, I always felt it should go along with American history. Why do we have BET, but if a white person was to make White Entertainment Television it would be a uproar about racism... I actually don't object to his sign, if he wanna take pride in his race, if only for a month and to prove a point, by all means.

Well said I have been saying this a lot we live in a era were current establishment under Republican and Democrat rule fear citizens who advocate unity as one people called Americans. They seek to divide us by ethnicity , sexual orientation, religion and wealth. I never forgot Martin Luther Kings message and Kennedys. A change is going to come
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-05 05:53:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Endoq said: »
Stop with the division BS. A nation divided cannot stand. It's that simple.

Absolutely right. That includes political parties. God bless you endoq.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-05 05:58:34
Link | Quote | Reply

God damn it flower-head.

This is not a political issue, this is a social issue.

Stop injecting your idiotic views in threads where it doesn't belong. Keep doing that and you will be banned from this website (and we will lose our main source of laughter and entertainment)
 Siren.Lordgrim
By Siren.Lordgrim 2015-03-05 06:05:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
God damn it flower-head.

Stop injecting your idiotic views in threads where it doesn't belong. Keep doing that and you will be banned from this website (and we will lose our main source of laughter and entertainment)

Oh look here is a prime example of someone who does not like the idea of people United as one and look as he attacks me when I mention a civil rights issue about political parties dividing a nation. Which they do. Look as he insults my intelligence and beliefs of a nation United as one people under one flag indivisible with freedom and justice for all. Notice how I said freedom instead of liberty. I said freedom because you have to fight for it. Liberty is given to you and is not truly freedom.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-05 06:15:18
Link | Quote | Reply

You know what, I'm going to let you hang yourself.

After your inevitable temp ban, if you learned your lesson, we can talk about your stupid viewpoints back in Random P&R or whichever appropriate thread is available.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-03-05 08:40:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-05 08:48:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
left handed pride
White people pride and lefties pride, awesome I now have two more things to be proud of!!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-05 10:31:06
Link | Quote | Reply

God damn it flower-head.

If there is a social division, it will always creep into politics if not completely encompass it. Division and unity are just buzzwords. What's important is how the issues manifest themselves on a microscopic level; everyday interactions.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-05 10:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
God damn it flower-head.

If there is a social division, it will always creep into politics if not completely encompass it. Division and unity are just buzzwords. What's important is how the issues manifest themselves on a microscopic level; everyday interactions.
I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I meant in my post. But you just want to nitpick anyway.
By protectorchrono 2015-03-05 10:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Jim Boggess, proprietor of Jimbo's Deli on Main at 22 Main St., says, "No matter what you are -- Muslim, Jewish, black, white, gay, straight -- you should be proud of what you are. I shouldn't have to feel bad about being white."

Boggess said, "If there's any racial discrimination going on, it's by people who are objecting to his sign "because I'm white." He said that while other groups have their own celebrations, "I just want to be included. Why is this such a big deal? I don't get it."

He said, "I love everybody and everybody should celebrate what they are."

I'm part Black and honestly, judging from these couple paragraphs and the story itself, this man doesn't seem like the type that is racism but is merely expressing himself and exercising his rights. Black people have Black History Month, we LGBT have our Pride Month, and White people have White History Month, I'd say it's fair and Black History Month, LGBT Pride Month and White History Month, they all celebrate us being who we are, having pride in ourselves for who we are and I think promotes positivity. It makes us look back and not repeat past issues so we can have happy futures to look forward, not segregate us.

Heck, I'd welcome Latin History Month and Asian History Month too. Everyone with different cultures and backgrounds all have something to share with other cultures, it's what makes us grow closer as people.

My opinion anyway. :)
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2015-03-05 11:02:16
Link | Quote | Reply

We should have native american history month. Ok blacks suffered for a 200 hundred years or so, i get it. But when's the last time you saw a native american? We annihilated them. If any race deserves a history month in America, it's them.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-05 11:04:14
Link | Quote | Reply

What happened to just having celebration days anyway, months are a bit presumptuous!
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-03-05 11:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest "Human History Month," but then those damn Speciests out there would ***.

"Where's Lizardman History Month?" "Are you going to ignore the suffering of the catpeople?" "Power to the Elementals!"
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-05 11:06:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Furry people month.
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
Server: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2015-03-05 11:09:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I would suggest "Human History Month," but then those damn Speciests out there would ***.

"Where's Lizardman History Month?" "Are you going to ignore the suffering of the catpeople?" "Power to the Elementals!"

On this date in Blackmage History Month, Shantotto turned all creatures in Vana'diel into clones of herself!
[+]
 Lye
By Lye 2015-03-05 11:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

That "28 reasons" song is pretty catchy. I will probably sing that throughout the day!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-03-05 11:10:51
Link | Quote | Reply

"White" History Month, where we only acknowledge Western Europe. Eastern Europe might as well be ground up pigeon meat.

Personally, I don't really care if you want to celebrate your heritage. Feel free to enlighten me on the contributions of your people, doubly so on your food and spirits but the reason we have a 'Black' history month is because:

A. Slavery destroyed the heritage of blacks. At least Irishmen know where they're from. At least Native Americans can claim some part of the world as formerly theirs. Ask a black person where in Africa they originate aaaaaaaand you'll get a goose egg.

B. America has traditionally taken a steaming pile on black contributions or even acknowledging black people as... people.

So celebrate White History, we do that every day. Western European history is inescapable. From the storied history of Her Majesty's Great Britain to everything from Rome through the Reformation on through Enlightenment it's all Western Europe. All the time.

American history? Told through the eyes of Western European settlers. It's only been recently people have been willing to cede that God didn't bless the West with all this free land to make their own.
By protectorchrono 2015-03-05 11:12:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
On this date in Blackmage History Month, Shantotto turned all creatures in Vana'diel into clones of herself!

Oh God no...one is bad enough
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-03-05 11:13:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm planning to start a petition to have a worldwide blondes pride week.

But it's for natural blondes only. Suck it posers!!
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-03-05 11:18:35
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see Pleebo debate Morgan Freeman on the topic. It would be the smooth-voiced smackdown of the century.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-05 11:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
God damn it flower-head.

I'm pretty sure you know exactly what I meant in my post. But you just want to nitpick anyway.

I'm not sure what you meant by your post. Social division isn't necessarily partisan, but it most definitely is political. And LG is right in that respect, racial divisions are just another manifestation of the "US v. THEM" mentality in this country.

But, like I said, division and unity are just buzzwords, everyday interactions between people are what's important, even on an internet forum. Large scale divisions are an extension of how people interact one on one.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 8 9 10