Black Vs White: Oppression Or Master Plan?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
Black vs White: Oppression or Master Plan?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2014-12-19 11:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
Endoq, cant tell if youre serious or sarcastic.
100% serious

crap! Paged! >___<
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-19 11:51:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
But aside from it being fact; it it rly that hard to believe? Its still the same today. Government vs people/person. Government has failed us but we do nothing about it. Congress this year had a 9% approval rating, yet none were in danger of losing re-election. Voter turn out was the lowest since WWII at 36.4% of the eligible voter population. No one will get off there couch and even try to do something about it. - Ferguson; guy gets shot and there are mass riots all over town and ppl out in force protesting all across the country.
The idea of the individual has always be the calling card in this country. And as a results, that's what gets publicized.

which does bring up a point that's annoyed me for a long time. Off topic, but actually important. I think of this any time i hear any of the bull*** ppl tell themselves to justify not voting.

For the 2012 presidential elections, roughly 235,248,000 were eligible to vote. 129,085,403 ppl actually did. that's 54.87% of them. Usually the two party candidates are fairly close to each other. with in 5%~ or so depending on the election.
So assuming a base of 50% votes for each side, that would give the politicians 64,542,701.5 each. Ill be generous and say 64,542,702.

so near 64,542,702 votes for the party politician.
and near 106,162,597 ppl that said there vote wouldn't change anything.

Get the point yet?
61% of those that didn't vote would be equal to the winning party. Numerically, 'those that don't matter' could throw everyone out of office in time.
Even if they started small and merely put one guy in to presidency whose only reason is to make it where every vote truly truly matters instead of the broken system we have today. Even if that guy did everything else for himself, he probably still wouldn't be as bad as the last few presidents we've had. And then you'd have a basis for getting the rest of them out of office.

And thats a random rant off the top of my sleep deprived head. Im sure someone could come up with a lot better. But it does go back to the point that ppl wont get off there couch for government ideals.
By fonewear 2014-12-19 11:51:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not voting is American as apple pie.

That is why we are subjected to videos such as:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Zackan 2014-12-19 11:54:11
Link | Quote | Reply

white on black crime is typically labeled as racism, but black on white crime is not usually talked about because it doesn't push the agenda that the media wants, and on top of that it is worse. While the numbers MAY be less, the reasons are worse, most white on black crime is straight hate crime, the perpetrator feels they are so victimized and justified that they need to seek revenge. Ferguson is a prime example of this. Even if its not revenge for themself then it is revenge for there 'history' or 'people as a whole'
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-19 11:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Well I'm a liberal so everything to me is racist ! Even discussing racism is well...racist.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-19 11:55:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »
It was about more than slaves...

But it could basically be boiled down to the rich white man getting the poor white man to fight it's battles for them, as they were losing their easy money.

I mean after all they propped up the poor white man against the blacks by creating the racism as a divide, when they were all treated the same and about had enough of it, and it's been an ongoing process since then.

There's been a centuries long class warfare in the states, and the racism is just a byproduct of that, it's sad to say.

edit: but that's just one perspective, I've seen others that have merit as well, but the *** up thing is that a lot of the ***we're still dealing with today.

Class warfare surrounding making a living off what? Oh right, slavery.

Cmon dudes, you're doing alot of gymnastics to get to the point that the Civil War was primarily about profiting off human beings spun for the masses in a variety of clever ways. States rights to charter one's destiny as a slave state, God's gift to whites in a perpetual underclass, sticking it to the bullies in the North or just some dude trying to feed his family by keeping the slaves in line. All of it roots back to that ideological split and the ability to own human beings.

Slaves were pretty valuable so they could be compared to cars/houses in our day. Looking at it from that perspective you can kinda wrap your head around why people were willing to fight for that.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 11:57:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah; no.

A whole lot of no.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-19 11:58:01
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Civil War reenactment ? Is that racist ?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-19 11:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
What about Civil War reenactment ? Is that racist ?

*** awesome is what they are.

Seriously though, I love historical reenactments.
[+]
By Zackan 2014-12-19 11:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

That is why we are subjected to videos such as:

YouTube Video Placeholder

lol whatever gets people to the polls I guess, even if they are uninformed voters. It's good to do your research, but we can work on that later, i just want people to vote.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-19 12:02:15
Link | Quote | Reply

not really. people have fought for the right to vote since the nation was founded. There were many different restrictions over the years that kept people from voting that have been torn down.

Obama was actually addressing this recently and brought up that there are people in the world that still fight and die for the right to vote and many of us take that right for granted.

If everyone did get out to vote though the system would most likely just be overwhelmed. Some people here missed out because we had an issue with the judges set up to monitor the voting. We had robo calls going out to all the judges in IL telling them that they might be in violation and if they show up that they could potentially be prosecuted and the like which lead to a record amount of them not showing up and they didn't have enough backups and this cause big delays and people just ended up having to go whether it was for work or something else.
By Zackan 2014-12-19 12:05:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
not really. people have fought for the right to vote since the nation was founded. There were many different restrictions over the years that kept people from voting that have been torn down.

Obama was actually addressing this recently and brought up that there are people in the world that still fight and die for the right to vote and many of us take that right for granted.

If everyone did get out to vote though the system would most likely just be overwhelmed. Some people here missed out because we had an issue with the judges set up to monitor the voting. We had robo calls going out to all the judges in IL telling them that they might be in violation and if they show up that they could potentially be prosecuted and the like which lead to a record amount of them not showing up and they didn't have enough backups and this cause big delays and people just ended up having to go whether it was for work or something else.

when americans couldnt vote, we fought hard to get the right, now that we have the right to vote, people dont care.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-19 12:06:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Know what I call non-voters?

>_> Idiots. <_<

Honestly, the only elections I'm trying not to participate in are the local races because I know literally nothing about the candidates and pulling the lever on people I dunno is just a bad idea.

Further, voting for judges gets me the same way. Who the *** are these people? What the *** do they stand for? I dunno. Blank.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-19 12:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Zackan said: »

when americans couldnt vote, we fought hard to get the right, now that we have the right to vote, people dont care.

complacency + stupidity = america today'
By fonewear 2014-12-19 12:07:34
Link | Quote | Reply

The real reason to vote. So you can wear an obnoxious sticker saying I voted today.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-19 12:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

These days it feels more like a sense of defeat is in the air rather than not caring. I always hear a lot more of the "my vote won't change anything" than "I don't care". When you don't think you can change anything or that anything will really change no matter who is up there...

Plus many people are just comfortable with where they are so they don't seek to change anything.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-19 12:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The real reason to vote. So you can wear an obnoxious sticker saying I voted today.

What are you? A fossil?

You get to spam Facebook with iVoted messages. Rub that ***all up in Conservative grannypants' face and make passive-aggressive statements about your own politics.

"I feel bad for all those people who chose killing babies to God's will. God is always watching. Jesus didn't kill us when he should have. Read your BIBLE and you'll see the truth. Have blessed day in the soothing rays of GODS light."
"Some of you out there, I won't say who, choose to take the lives of animals for your own selfish reasons. I'm glad Candidate X sees you for the charlatans you are."
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-19 12:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Except Brown and Garner were killed by policemen in areas where racial tensions between police and the public are high. It's tragic when any innocent is murdered, but summing up the recent events and media attention as black v white is incredibly reductionist.
Except neither were murdered nor innocent.

It's being over portrayed in the media. Not saying there isn't an issue, but the crap is being fabricated beyond what it is.

At least they got actual white people this time, instead of with Zimmerman.
I was not implying that either Brown or Garner were innocent. However, the allegedly innocent kid in the linked article (Passmore) has never had his irrelevant history dug up, his attackers role in the killing was never questioned, full details of the murder are still a bit murky, and, again, there's no mention of any involvement of law enforcement. Hell, the racial identity of the killer was never officially identified by investigators yet the author of that rant has presumed he's black.

Ashley Marie Scott - murdered by her husband (who was black), husband is awaiting trial

Kevin Quick - murdered by four black gang members, all are facing life in prison

Key differences that are being ignored to push the false equivalency of b-b-b-b-but white people.

(disclaimer: my rant is not really directed at you)
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-19 12:11:20
Link | Quote | Reply

These days it feels more like a sense of defeat is in the air rather than not caring. I always hear a lot more of the "my vote won't change anything" than "I don't care".

Its kinda scary how easily the non-voters could change everything with that much of a lead in the numbers... They could pick anyone they wanted and could put them in.
By fonewear 2014-12-19 12:11:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »

What are you? A fossil?

You get to spam Facebook with iVoted messages. Rub that ***all up in Conservative grannypants' face and make passive-aggressive statements about your own politics.

"I feel bad for all those people who chose killing babies to God's will."
"Some of you out there, I won't say who, choose to take the lives of animals for your own selfish reasons. I'm glad Candidate X sees you for the charlatans you are."

Yea I don't know what Facebook is. I'm not hip.

Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-19 12:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

These days it feels more like a sense of defeat is in the air rather than not caring. I always hear a lot more of the "my vote won't change anything" than "I don't care".

Its kinda scary how easily the non-voters could change everything with that much of a lead in the numbers... They could pick anyone they wanted and could put them in.

heck, put mike rowe in. At least you no hes not afraid to get his hands dirty.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-19 12:13:38
Link | Quote | Reply

There might be some truth to that but even if that would still be our own fault. You are also contributing to that reality as well. You're just as complacent in accepting that Americans are just dumb in general and therefore will just accept what's coming to them. What are you doing? Are you actively working to improve our education system to improve the intelligence level of our children that will one day take over? Getting out and voting is one thing but are you voting for change or the status quo?

Voting is the end all be all. If we think that the majority of our population is stupid then what are we doing to change that? do we want to? Does it get us anywhere to call them stupid?

What's funny to me also is that people here have even promoted the idea that dumb people shouldn't even be allowed to vote.
By Zackan 2014-12-19 12:15:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Know what I call non-voters?

>_> Idiots. <_<

Honestly, the only elections I'm trying not to participate in are the local races because I know literally nothing about the candidates and pulling the lever on people I dunno is just a bad idea.

Further, voting for judges gets me the same way. Who the *** are these people? What the *** do they stand for? I dunno. Blank.

This honestly is the exact OPPOSITE attitude you should have.

If we talk about 'my vote doesn't matter' then that phrase somewhat can hold true in national elections. The Local Elections DO MATTER the most of any elections. A typical National election is won by like a million votes or more. A typical Local election is won by most of the time less than 100 votes, alot of times it comes down to less than 10-20 votes.

ALL POLITICS STARTS AT THE LOCAL LEVEL. Local elections are the ones you SHOULD care the MOST about! These also have the most direct impact on your life on an every day basis.

Honestly your rep or senator are there to do a job, and represent your district or state as a whole. It is not there job to care about you individually.

Meanwhile your council man, your superintendant, the mayor, your police chief... all these can have an impact on your day to day.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 12:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Except Brown and Garner were killed by policemen in areas where racial tensions between police and the public are high. It's tragic when any innocent is murdered, but summing up the recent events and media attention as black v white is incredibly reductionist.
Except neither were murdered nor innocent.

It's being over portrayed in the media. Not saying there isn't an issue, but the crap is being fabricated beyond what it is.

At least they got actual white people this time, instead of with Zimmerman.
I was not implying that either Brown or Garner were innocent. However, the allegedly innocent kid in the linked article (Passmore) has never had his irrelevant history dug up, his attackers role in the killing was never questioned, full details of the murder are still a bit murky, and, again, there's no mention of any involvement of law enforcement. Hell, the racial identity of the killer was never officially identified by investigators yet the author of that rant has presumed he's black.

Ashley Marie Scott - murdered by her husband (who was black), husband is awaiting trial

Kevin Quick - murdered by four black gang members, all are facing life in prison

Key differences that are being ignored to push the false equivalency of b-b-b-b-but white people.

(disclaimer: my rant is not really directed at you)

Just one question, to the bold: are you asserting that some of the other cases we discussed, their history of substance abuse wasn't relevant?
By Zackan 2014-12-19 12:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply

There might be some truth to that but even if that would still be our own fault. You are also contributing to that reality as well. You're just as complacent in accepting that Americans are just dumb in general and therefore will just accept what's coming to them. What are you doing? Are you actively working to improve our education system to improve the intelligence level of our children that will one day take over? Getting out and voting is one thing but are you voting for change or the status quo?

Voting is the end all be all. If we think that the majority of our population is stupid then what are we doing to change that? do we want to? Does it get us anywhere to call them stupid?

What's funny to me also is that people here have even promoted the idea that dumb people shouldn't even be allowed to vote.

theres nothing wrong with voting for the status quo if you honestly believe it is not broken, not everything needs to change.

Change vs No change, both are valuable positions. not everything is broken, sure alot is, but not everything.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-19 12:16:50
Link | Quote | Reply

It doesn't really matter what the numbers are. That won't change how a person feels about their personal action on a personal level. It's not that hard to grasp. Even knowing those numbers they could tell themselves well not everyone else that didn't vote will go vote now because they know this or my vote still doesn't matter if all those other people go out and vote.

Even if there was a 100% voter turn out it doesn't necassarily mean that a third party would win out over the two main parties. You could make that argument now that if the people that vote now just chose to go for someone else.
By fonewear 2014-12-19 12:17:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't blame me I voted for Kodos.
By Jetackuu 2014-12-19 12:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I don't know what Facebook is. I'm not hip.

By fonewear 2014-12-19 12:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Twitter is definitely weird and scary.

Kids these days back in my day we didn't have high speed internet I tells ya !
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-12-19 12:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

theres nothing wrong with voting for the status quo if you honestly believe it is not broken, not everything needs to change.

Change vs No change, both are valuable positions. not everything is broken, sure alot is, but not everything.
I didn't say there was. What I was getting at is people might discourage themselves from even being bothered to vote because, even if they want change, they don't see a way away fro the staus quo.
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13 14