Illegal Toys Sold To New York Residents Online

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Illegal toys sold to New York residents online
Illegal toys sold to New York residents online
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-18 15:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Major retailers are illegally selling prohibited toy guns online, the N.Y Attorney General's office alleged Thursday.

Eric Schneiderman's office sent cease and desist letters to the retailers (Wal-Mart (WMT), Amazon.com (AMZN), K-Mart, Sears (SHLD) and ToyArsenal.com) to halt sales of these toy guns to New Yorkers immediately. One K-Mart also sold these guns in a Rochester, New York, location, the office alleged.

None of these retailers immediately responded to CNBC's requests for comments.

New York state law prohibits retailers from selling guns in realistic colors unless it has one-inch-wide orange stripe running down both sides of the barrel and the front end of the barrel that cannot be removed.

"When toy guns are mistaken for real guns, there can be tragic consequences," Schneiderman said in a release. "New York State law is clear: retailers cannot put children and law enforcement at risk by selling toy guns that are virtually indistinguishable from the real thing."

Wal-Mart already had a court order prohibiting it from selling toy guns after an earlier investigation of the chain's in-store toy gun sales.

Source
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 15:06:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Title is very vague.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-18 15:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Title is very vague.
i know'
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-18 15:09:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
Title is very vague.
i know'

Haven't the mods already given you crap for that in the past?
[+]
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2014-12-18 15:13:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Title is very vague.
i know'

The IT goblins around him probably ate a good title and spit this one out.
[+]

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-12-18 15:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Continue with the clickbait titles, you're surely be picked up by Buzzfeed.
[+]
 Shiva.Kingmancat
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Kingmancat 2014-12-18 15:33:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought this was going to be about some hidden provision in a new law that decriminalized the black market for stolen fresh bodily organs while simultaneously making ownership of children's playthings punishable by law.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 15:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Title is very vague.
i know'

A title more like "NYC Prosecutor sues major retailers over toys" would be more appropriate.
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2014-12-18 15:38:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Why on earth is is illegal to sell a toy gun online in NY?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 15:39:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Without the orange cap, a realistic toy gun can be mistaken as an actual weapon in cases of robberies or arrests.

Kids, especially punk-*** kids, are more likely to get shot by a police officer when they are waving this around.

Just like that kid who was shot by that cop while the kid was waving a BB gun around in a park. Only difference is THAT toy had the orange cap removed, and the officer was responding to a kid waving a loaded gun around, pointing it at people.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-18 15:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Title is very vague.
i know'

No. I usually dont use vague titles unless i have a reason. Most of the time i struggle to word it well enough to get the point across while fitting in the character limitation of the title box.
Example: the other thread i created today. "School takes blind kids cane; Gives noodle"

Bahamut.Milamber said: »
Title is very vague.
i know'

That would almost be funny... if it wernt true.
I actually am having that problem lately. I will type something and the computer will change the characters in it. Or ill misspell something and then correct it. Then the comp puts it right back to the wrong spelling. Some times its not letting me delete things, not letting me make a new paragraph... ton of crap. Its rather annoying.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 15:57:04
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good title now. Better than "Toys are illegal."
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-18 15:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

That's a good title now. Better than "Toys are illegal."

But think about it for a second. Some politician in NY actually went and drafted a bill specifically to make certain toys illegal. I find that interesting..
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-18 16:01:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Much like California thinks everything from Asbestos to scrotal dandruff causes cancer, New York likes to make odd things illegal, odd things like toy guns, soft drinks...and breathing.

Warning: This post is recognized as a dangerous substance by the state of California, this post may cause cancer.

This post is not legal to be read by residents of New York.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2014-12-18 16:01:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmm, I was imagining some type of Footloose-like situation where toys have been banned in some small town, but then the power of imagination or playing or some ***ultimately brings everyone together and toys are gifted to everyone, young and old.

Oh well.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-18 16:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Hmm, I was imagining some type of Footloose-like situation where toys have been banned in some small town, but then the power of imagination or playing or some ***ultimately brings everyone together and toys are gifted to everyone, young and old.

Oh well.
You're thinking of Utah.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-12-18 16:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Much like California thinks everything from Asbestos to scrotal dandruff causes cancer, New York likes to make odd things illegal, odd things like toy guns, soft drinks...and breathing.

Warning: This post is recognized as a dangerous substance by the state of California, this post may cause cancer.

This post is not legal to be read by residents of New York.

That is true, NY does some screwed up stuff. I actually remember when they tried to ban soda, and then later there was a push to make soda and 'sugar' items like it sold behind the counter and only to those over 18 years old (just like tobacco products)

While i do get the thought behind it and understand it to some point, i also don't quite get at the same time.

The reason for that is its a toy. A toy, or any object like that, does not do anything. Its the person using it that might cause the problem. And in the case of ppl pointing toy guns and cops and getting shot for it, generally i would agree with the cops. You cant tell the difference when someone is pointing it at you. And even if you could, by the time you do, its to late. - And it doesn't take a Harvard scholar to realize that.

Because 'back in my day' us kids had this little developed mentality called COMMON SENSE. That little voice that says "if i do that, ima get shot. Don't do that."
And if by chance that failed or was lacking, we then had these things call PARENTS that would make sure we new this. And they actually watched us and payed attention to what we did. So if we tried it behind there backs, they still new; and we got punished HARD for it.

So it does annoy me in that sense. But from the politics point of view, or a cops, they cant force every parent to act like one; or make a kid actually think for a change. So then measures like this law come in to play because its there only recourse.
So i get it, and don't get it. It does make one wonder tho...
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 16:22:33
Link | Quote | Reply

So, can we call this a WMD and call you an arm's dealer?

YouTube Video Placeholder
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-18 16:31:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that the left gun, his right, was a BB gun before reading the text. >.>

Honestly, a toy gun could be purple with flashing lights and Espio the Chameleon on the side of it and most cops would still shoot.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-12-18 16:43:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed that the left gun, his right, was a BB gun before reading the text. >.>

Honestly, a toy gun could be purple with flashing lights and Espio the Chameleon on the side of it and most cops would still shoot.
Actually, it takes a split second before you are dead. By the time you are able to process the fact that there are two objects in front of you, you are already dead, that's the point in that picture.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-12-18 17:06:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Toy guns are the leading cause of death in Cleveland.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/cleveland-cops-recklessly-shot-boy-12-toy-gun/story?id=27402837

Post deleted by User.
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-12-18 17:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't mind playing with these toy guns EH EH EHHHHH?!?!?!?!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-18 17:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Josiahfk said: »
Much like California thinks everything from Asbestos to scrotal dandruff causes cancer, New York likes to make odd things illegal, odd things like toy guns, soft drinks...and breathing. Warning: This post is recognized as a dangerous substance by the state of California, this post may cause cancer. This post is not legal to be read by residents of New York.
I cant believe you remembered that post lol
Well, I don't. What post?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-18 17:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually, it takes a split second before you are dead. By the time you are able to process the fact that there are two objects in front of you, you are already dead, that's the point in that picture.
The picture can't kill me so that logic doesn't apply here. I understand why cops shoot when someone produces a gun-like object. If you start reaching in your pocket when a gun is drawn on you and the badged guy holding it is telling you to "put your hands up" I'm not going to feel sorry for you when he shoots you, put your goddamn hands up, a BB gun isn't going to protect you from a 9mm.
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2014-12-18 17:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That statement can be found on numerous products, Josiah.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2014-12-18 17:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiah Monstruo said: »
Bahamut.Josiahfk said: »
Much like California thinks everything from Asbestos to scrotal dandruff causes cancer, New York likes to make odd things illegal, odd things like toy guns, soft drinks...and breathing. Warning: This post is recognized as a dangerous substance by the state of California, this post may cause cancer. This post is not legal to be read by residents of New York.
I cant believe you remembered that post lol
Well, I don't. What post?

Phoenix.Josiahfk said: »
"...know to the State of California..."

I didn't remember that, California just has *** plastered on everything, claiming it might cause cancer. Let me clarify... That sunny state with all the beaches, tanning spas, tanned women with bleached hair, and smoggy old Los Angeles thinks that everything causes cancer, let that sink in a minute. If I live next to a nuclear plant and my balls are glowing, I'm not going to blame it on a marker.