Attack On Canada's Capital
First Page 2 3
 Asura.Triffle
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-10-23 00:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/parliament-shooting/article21217602/

Yup we're getting terrorists even in our fair capital. Monday there was a Jihadist in Quebec who ran down two soldiers, killing one and then getting fatally shot by cops.

Luckily having overslept today I didn't make it downtown for an appointment, which would have placed me square in the middle of today's incident. A soldier was shot and killed by the maniac at the war memorial and was later shot dead by a sergeant-at-arms as he tried to make his way into the Parliament.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVkow0_hC-Y

Video taken on cellphone by a journalist who happened to be at the scene.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2014-10-23 00:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Crazies gonna craze.
[+]
By marivell 2014-10-23 05:16:26
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a sad moment for Canada...

All I'd like to say is that this is not something we were expecting atall, and I wont talk for my fellows canadians citizens, but this is something that truly upset me.

I love my country; it is a place of peace, understanding and most of all, sharing. We have thousands of miles of beautiful and quiet landscapes, water enough to share with the whole world, and a population generous and caring for the well being of not only their neighbors, but also to everyone worlwide. We will always be there for everyone in need, pray for them, share our home if needed. I love this country, and I will always welcome people who share the same vision of this place that we have.

We are not used to that kind of violence; we don't think war and oppresion is the way to solve problems. We rather educate, and understand other's views.

Some of us will prolly make fun of my post, and it's ok I can understand that; what I'm trying to say here is that we are living something very upsetting for us, and I'm sad as this will change our nation forever. We will now start to look at others differently, we will experience the fear of what's inside our own borders.. we will wonder about our security, and will lock our doors and windows at night... I never thought this day will come, where freedom and peace will be overcome by fear and violence in my own country. Terrorism is knocking at our door, and like a frightened child, Canada isn't ready for that. We will never be ready for that.

I just hope that we will never give in that kind of violence, and that we will know how to show these people that we won't let anyone change who we are.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 05:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Turns out, nobody cared.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 07:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

marivell said: »
We are not used to that kind of violence; we don't think war and oppresion is the way to solve problems. We rather educate, and understand other's views.

you do know that canada has been involved in global wars right?
Your canadian, and i dont know what/how they teach history up there, but i do that here in american schools, (at least in the ones i went to) they sure as heck NEVER mentioned it.
By marivell 2014-10-23 07:40:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the times we were involved in wars we never started: we are linked to USA and other countries and we are expected to join them.

But my point here is that we do not usually think that violence should be the way to solve problems; we dont put ppl in prison for life, we try to educate, help them.

I'm not saying we're better than anyone here; I'm just saying we are not meant for that kind of things, our services aren't able to handle these problems. We were not expecting anyone to attack a country like ours.

We learn a lot of things in history classes, and yes I know about of lot of nasty fights french and english ppl had here back in the 1800's (patriots war and such), but we've learned from these that this will never solve anything, and will leave you even more bitter and hopeless than you were before.

Maybe I see things this way because I'm on the french side of Canada, and maybe my fellow citizens from the rest of the Canada think like you, I don't know. What I'm just saying that this troubles me a lot, and a lot of people around me aswell.
By fonewear 2014-10-23 08:10:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kingnobody said: »

More replies in the cat thread than an actual news story...

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/44773/cats-selfish-unfeeling-environmentally-harmful
By fonewear 2014-10-23 08:13:37
Link | Quote | Reply

That is the title my of yet to be released autobiography.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-23 08:29:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It was pretty saddening to hear about the news in Canada last night. Wouldn't expect something like that to happen in that country since they always seem to be low key and never really outspoken about anything even though they're present in many events around the world.

was also a bit unnerving to hear that another guy jumped the fence to the whitehouse but was taken down. Seems like the world is just becoming worse and worse every week
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 08:34:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Most of the times we were involved in wars we never started: we are linked to USA and other countries and we are expected to join them.
Not really.

You honestly think that any battle would have been lost if it wasn't for that one Canadian soldier in it?

Your country doesn't have to be involved in anything the USA does. You aren't expected to help us out at all, but we won't say no if you do ask to join in the fight.

But my point here is that we do not usually think that violence should be the way to solve problems; we dont put ppl in prison for life, we try to educate, help them.
Your culture is less violent by nature also. When your greatest concern isn't crime or your neighbors trying to rape your daughter and steal your stuff, but instead trying to get that moose off your lawn, you got it great up there.

It's not an educational issue, but more like you have less cultural diversity than the USA. Also less hatred towards your neighbors.

I'm not saying we're better than anyone here; I'm just saying we are not meant for that kind of things, our services aren't able to handle these problems. We were not expecting anyone to attack a country like ours.
You are correct. You know that any country that attacks you will feel the full wrath of the USA, as we are pretty much your protectors and NAFTA/NATO and all that.

We learn a lot of things in history classes, and yes I know about of lot of nasty fights french and english ppl had here back in the 1800's (patriots war and such), but we've learned from these that this will never solve anything, and will leave you even more bitter and hopeless than you were before.
No, you learned to let the US protect you while you delude yourselves under the notion of "nonaggression."

I'm on the french side
Well, that explains a lot then.

Care to surrender now?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 08:36:51
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
It was pretty saddening to hear about the news in Canada last night. Wouldn't expect something like that to happen in that country since they always seem to be low key and never really outspoken about anything even though they're present in many events around the world.
True, but that also made them a very easy target, especially if you are practicing for a bigger attack on a stronger country. Which is what I'm thinking this was.

was also a bit unnerving to hear that another guy jumped the fence to the whitehouse but was taken down. Seems like the world is just becoming worse and worse every week
And I'm sure that every liberal in the USA still blames Bush for that.

Heck, they blame Bush for letting Obama in the White House, even though they were the ones who voted for him in the first place!
By fonewear 2014-10-23 08:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

You see that guy jumping the fence and going in the white house was performance art.
By volkom 2014-10-23 08:43:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And I'm sure that every liberal in the USA still blames Bush for that.

lol. well they just made that one lady who was in charge of secret service to resign and replaced her with some dude who's not much better.

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By fonewear 2014-10-23 09:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm glad we have a terrorism expert here on the FFXIAH forums !

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 09:01:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
The attacks 2 in the last 2 days were made by lone wolves and not affiliated in any way with terrorist groups. The government flagged both of them as high risk and removed their passport last spring.
Oh, I'm sure that ISIS is involved. Unlike Al Queda, ISIS doesn't flaunt it's attacks, their only effective means of flaunting their power is beheading foreigners.
 Fenrir.Squintik
Server: Fenrir
user: Squintik
By Fenrir.Squintik 2014-10-23 09:02:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The attacks 2 in the last 2 days were made by lone wolves and not affiliated in any way with terrorist groups. The government flagged both of them as high risk and removed their passport last spring.

Not affiliated directly, but motivated by them, and that's what makes this scary.
[+]
By volkom 2014-10-23 09:03:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, I'm sure that ISIS is involved. Unlike Al Queda, ISIS doesn't flaunt it's attacks, their only effective means of flaunting their power is beheading foreigners.

so 2 guys in canada and 2 fence jumpers +1 beheading here. wonder what's next
By fonewear 2014-10-23 09:04:03
Link | Quote | Reply

A partridge in a pear tree !
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 09:05:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Canadian beheading a fence jumper?
Canadian apologizing to ISIS while being beheaded.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-23 09:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Triffle said: »
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/parliament-shooting/article21217602/

Yup we're getting terrorists even in our fair capital. Monday there was a Jihadist Canadian, native born Caucasian Extremist in Quebec who ran down two soldiers, killing one and then getting fatally shot by cops.

Luckily having overslept today I didn't make it downtown for an appointment, which would have placed me square in the middle of today's incident. A soldier was shot and killed by the maniac at the war memorial and was later shot dead by a sergeant-at-arms as he tried to make his way into the Parliament.

FTFY - you say Jihadist, people might think Indian/Arab/African/Pakistani, when it wasn't.
By volkom 2014-10-23 09:24:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »

Yup we're getting terrorists even in our fair capital. Monday there was a Jihadist Canadian, native born Caucasian Extremist in Quebec who ran down two soldiers, killing one and then getting fatally shot by cops.

FTFY - you say Jihadist, people might think Indian/Arab/African/Pakistani, when it wasn't.

guy converted to islam.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-10-23 09:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

guy converted to islam.
But that gives a bad name to Muslims. And we can't have that now, can we?
 Asura.Triffle
user: Triffle
By Asura.Triffle 2014-10-23 09:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Jihadist definition: A Muslim who advocates or participates in a jihad.

Doesn't make a mention anywhere of race, just religion.

Also KN, Canada actually has more diversity than the US. We're more like a tossed salad, versus the USA's melting pot.

Post deleted by User.
By Blazed1979 2014-10-23 09:38:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Jihadist definition: A Muslim who advocates or participates in a jihad.

Doesn't make a mention anywhere of race, just religion.

Also KN, Canada actually has more diversity than the US. We're more like a tossed salad, versus the USA's melting pot.

And what is the definition of Jihad?
By Blazed1979 2014-10-23 09:39:51
Link | Quote | Reply

guy converted to islam.
I know. But killing people outside of the battlefield =/= Jihad.
Its actually known as "Irhab" - Terrorism.
So call him a terrorist, not a Jihadist.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-23 09:41:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Some of us will prolly make fun of my post, and it's ok I can understand that; what I'm trying to say here is that we are living something very upsetting for us, and I'm sad as this will change our nation forever. We will now start to look at others differently, we will experience the fear of what's inside our own borders.. we will wonder about our security, and will lock our doors and windows at night... I never thought this day will come, where freedom and peace will be overcome by fear and violence in my own country. Terrorism is knocking at our door, and like a frightened child, Canada isn't ready for that. We will never be ready for that.

Thats the problem with pasificem like that. It makes you an easy target and your unable to defend yourselves adiquitly. - Having weapons/skills/military strength doesn't make a nation 'war mongers' or anything close to it. Its a means to protect ones self from the violence that we all know is out there. Its only when a nation or group of ppl CHOSE to do bad s*** with the equipment at hand can things become complicated. But thats a matter of choice, not hardware.

I was actually thinking of WW2. Canada actually declared war all on its own. In fact they declared war on Germany long before the USA did. USA declared war in December of 41. Canada did in sept of 39. So Canada has acted on there own in terms of war. And they've done it well after the 1800's. Estimates say almost 10% of canadas entire population severed in uniform during that war. (1 mill/11 mill)

Of course as i said, this is not mentioned in USA schools. Not even once in mine for sure. America was the great hero, end of story.
First Page 2 3