A Prime Example Of Rad Parenting

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
A Prime Example of Rad Parenting
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19
By fonewear 2014-10-21 13:46:39
Link | Quote | Reply

On the plus side if you want to make meth you might have to learn some Chemistry !

Got to motivate kids somehow.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 13:47:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean we may as well have them remove all teen rated and up video games from the shelves, so children don't see those either and ask questions.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 13:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

fonewear said: »
On the plus side if you want to make meth you might have to learn some Chemistry !

Awhile back some dude got busted locally for having a portable meth lab in a duffel bag, that's *** impressive.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Godofgods 2014-10-21 13:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Jetackuu said: »

Awhile back some dude got busted locally for having a portable meth lab in a duffel bag, that's *** impressive.

i dont no the first thing about how its made, but that sounds pretty damn impressive/innovative
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-21 13:49:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Not going to give a Chemistry lesson...it isn't that difficult to make...

Making meth is only useful if you can no longer use your Art History degree.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-21 13:50:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Listen people... All this petition does is attempt to put pressure on the store to no longer stock the shelves with this particular product. It has no legally binding effect on the store... the government isn't going to swoop in and arrest the toys r us people if they don't take it off the shelves...

It's basically a group of people saying hey we think what you're doing is wrong then Toys R Us comes back and either tells em to *** off and continues to do it or bends to consumer pressure. Usually this is based off how much pressure is being exerted from the consumer base compared to how much it would cost them shelf the product.

No ones rights are being infringed upon.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 13:50:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Flavin
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-10-21 13:52:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Not really.. the show just teaches you that you have to know someone that knows how to do it then learn the steps from them. Pinkman couldn't do a mathematical equation if his life depended on it.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 13:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »

i dont no the first thing about how its made, but that sounds pretty damn impressive/innovative
It's not too terribly difficult to make, but you have to properly do it, and it can be volatile as *** if you're not careful.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-21 13:54:18
Link | Quote | Reply

The key is to say you have severe allergies so you can stock up on Clairitn D
 Lye
By Lye 2014-10-21 14:05:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-10-21 14:12:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Camiie said: »
If drug dealer guy needs to be removed then why not:

The Punisher -- Mass murdering vigilante

Wolverine -- Mass Murdering mutant vigilante

Carnage -- Superhuman serial killer

Spawn -- Murdering vigilante with powers from Satan

Cobra Commander -- Leader of a terrorist organization

Dr. Light (DC) -- Super villain rapist

Dr. Doom -- Oppressive dictator

M. Bison -- Dictator/Drug cartel leader

The Joker -- Mass murderer

Red Skull -- Holy ***....

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Valefor.Applebottoms
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Applebottoms 2014-10-21 15:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Florida
Enough said.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2014-10-21 15:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

breaking bad toys will hit the bargain bin soon, and people will still not care for such figures.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
Server: Caitsith
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-21 15:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'd be less apathetic about this if the kid actually watched 'Breaking Bad'. Depending on age, I doubt s/he would would even know what it is.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
Server: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2014-10-21 15:46:13
Link | Quote | Reply

lol
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-21 15:48:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Awhile back a woman was arrested for setting up a meth lab in a WalMart not far from where I live.

Sauce
[+]
By fonewear 2014-10-21 15:49:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »

Awhile back a woman was arrested for setting up a meth lab in a WalMart not far from where I live.

Sauce

Silly rabbit meth making is for Target !
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-21 16:02:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sauce

/sings

LOLklahoma! Where the meth comes sweeping down the plains!
[+]
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2014-10-21 16:05:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Zahrah said: »

Sauce

/sings

LOLklahoma! Where the meth comes sweeping down the plains!
Ain't that some ***? But our state is pretty screwed.

EDIT: At least we aren't Florida.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 16:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mosin said: »
giggled a bit
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-21 16:12:49
Link | Quote | Reply

The only problem with that is you're landlocked. I will concede Broken Bow, Ouashita Falls and your end of Texoma as a sign of good faith.
By Voren 2014-10-21 16:39:45
Link | Quote | Reply

The only problem with that is you're landlocked. I will concede Broken Bow, Ouashita Falls and your end of Texoma as a sign of good faith.

There's also lake Tinkiller, mcmurtry, Blackwell, kaw, keystone (not light), overholser, arcadia, the list goes on. We may be land locked, but we aren't hurting for water, not like one state that's right next to the pacific ocean that was going through a drought.

We also have an abundance of oil and natural gas. Now, excuse me while I go park my horse and head into my teepee.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-21 17:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Fenrir.Camiie said: »
If drug dealer guy needs to be removed then why not:

The Punisher -- Mass murdering vigilante

Wolverine -- Mass Murdering mutant vigilante

Carnage -- Superhuman serial killer

Spawn -- Murdering vigilante with powers from Satan

Cobra Commander -- Leader of a terrorist organization

Dr. Light (DC) -- Super villain rapist

Dr. Doom -- Oppressive dictator

M. Bison -- Dictator/Drug cartel leader

The Joker -- Mass murderer

Red Skull -- Holy ***....

VIdeo

Personally, I don't think Toys R Us should be selling Breaking Bad toys, not simply because of it being a kid friendly store, but because I don't even think Breaking Bad needs action figures, seems kinda silly.

But I see Cam's point. Yes, these things he listed are related to cartoons, comics, etc, things that are normally aimed at young teens and older in some cases, not based of a TV show clearly aimed at adults. so it makes sense theres toys for them because $. but he is right, a lot of these characters, even comically portrayed, are crime lords, murderers, etc. So why be offended by one Drug dealing murderer, but not the others? Is it really in the context? Is having a cartoon version of a Drug dealing murderer somehow less offensive than a Live action drug dealing murderer?

Anyway, not saying any of this is a case of bad parenting or that this women is going off the deep end... as I said, I think the idea of Breaking Bad dolls is pretty stupid to begin with, but while I can see a difference in context as to why a parent might not bat an eye at a toy of something like a comic-book villain but freak out over a Walter White doll, I don't agree with it.

Different ideals I guess.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2014-10-21 17:11:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »

There's also lake Tinkiller, mcmurtry, Blackwell, kaw, keystone (not light), overholser, arcadia, the list goes on. We may be land locked, but we aren't hurting for water, not like one state that's right next to the pacific ocean that was going through a drought.

We also have an abundance of oil and natural gas. Now, excuse me while I go park my horse and head into my teepee.

Mmmm...I was simply poking fun at Girlboy for not being seaside for recreational purposes. I actually somewhat like Oklahoma for the places I mentioned above.

Right below you, buddy. :/ Should we start throwing around "Hook 'ems!" and "Boomer Sooners!"?
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 17:13:20
Link | Quote | Reply

The correlation for the "bad parenting" bit is that they want to censor things instead of actually parenting their children, they want the world to conform to them.

If she wants to raise a sheltered special little snowflake who can't handle reality that's her prerogative, some people don't like the idea it sets, or the standard it presents.

Toys R Us already gave a statement, so unless they plan on pulling the product and setting policy on this, it looks to be moot. They're going to lose customers either way on this.
 Asura.Karbuncle
Server: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-10-21 17:17:36
Link | Quote | Reply

The correlation for the "bad parenting" bit is that they want to censor things instead of actually parenting their children, they want the world to conform to them.

That makes sense. If we can expect and teach kids the difference between a Cartoon evil maniac and real life, it should stand to reason we can teach them the difference between a TV-Show maniac and real life.
By Jetackuu 2014-10-21 17:20:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Karbuncle said: »

That makes sense. If we can expect and teach kids the difference between a Cartoon evil maniac and real life, it should stand to reason we can teach them the difference between a TV-Show maniac and real life.

Understanding the difference between fiction and reality is a fundamental aspect of a well rounded individual, unfortunately a lot of people cannot, or chose not to.

I saw that, while realizing that a good portion of the people who still probably visit this site blur those lines at times...

Blurring is fine, as long as you can stay grounded in reality though.
By Voren 2014-10-21 17:27:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Voren said: »

Mmmm...I was simply poking fun at Girlboy for not being seaside for recreational purposes. I actually somewhat like Oklahoma for the places I mentioned above.

Right below you, buddy. :/ Should we start throwing around "Hook 'ems!" and "Boomer Sooners!"?

You can say Hook 'ems all you want, but I'll be sooner dead than sooner red any day. OSU since birth, both parents graduated from there, father has a double doctorate, unfortunately I did not follow suit in that regard. It's funny how when I say I'm from Oklahoma people automatically assume Sooner, blah.

Texas has some pretty country. Drove to San Antonio last summer for a small vacation. Got fat at Pappadeaux's.
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19