Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 887 888 889 ... 1375 1376 1377
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-30 21:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Um, see my first post on the last page >.>
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 21:24:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Um, see my first post on this page >.>
Ok.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 21:25:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, you mean that blog.

Well, if you are using blog as a source..........what makes you different than anyone who uses infowars or Alex Jones as a source?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-30 21:26:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't expect to page, obviously.

And I wouldn't reference the GW thread. It doesn't support at all your claim of providing sources lol.
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Oh, you mean that blog.

Well, if you are using blog as a source..........what makes you different than anyone who uses infowars or Alex Jones as a source?
Didn't bother reading it, did you?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-08-30 21:27:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Didn't expect to page, obviously.

And I wouldn't reference the GW thread. It doesn't support at all your claim of providing sources lol.

You mean the thread where I asked you to provide your data to prove that global warming was 100% man-made without a question?

Undelete | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-30 21:32:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
It is silly to take a 95% certainty about obvious environmental conditions around you and demand it is 100%.

95% certainty? Don't be throwing around random percentages, I'll call you on it every time.

Generally, anyone denying we have a serious climate change issue on our hands that is fueled by mankind is either ignorant or has an agenda.

That is true for many people, yes. But it's also true for people on the other side as well.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2015-08-30 21:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

95% is the standard and is referenced in the latest IPCC report. On my phone but I can quote that later, if you'd like.

And, no, King. That's not how it works.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-30 21:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Less than 100% certainty isn't proof the opposite is true or that the doubt is considerable, regardless of what you're talking about. It's the same reason nobody is 100% responsible for a car crash and substances aren't 100% pure. 24 carat gold 99.98% pure, does that mean it isn't gold?
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-30 21:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

95% is the standard and is referenced in the latest IPCC report. On my phone but I can quote that later, if you'd like.

95% is the standard for a lot of experiments, but Floppy seemed to be referencing the entirety of anthropomorphic climate change research as if it were a single hypothesis with 95% confidence. I highly doubt that's the case.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-30 21:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
Less than 100% certainty isn't proof the opposite is true or that the doubt is considerable, regardless of what you're talking about. It's the same reason nobody is 100% responsible for a car crash and substances aren't 100% pure. 24 carat gold 99.98% pure, does that mean it isn't gold?

I get what you're saying, but that's a terrible analogy....
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-30 21:43:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »

95% is the standard for a lot of experiments, but Floppy seemed to be referencing the entirety of anthropomorphic climate change research as if it were a single hypothesis with 95% confidence. I highly doubt that's the case.

No, only about 70% claim relative certainty, another 25% or so claim is very probable. Only 3-5% claim it's not probable. But, just because someone is sure about something doesn't make it true, either way.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-30 21:59:17
Link | Quote | Reply

It is silly to take a 95% certainty about obvious environmental conditions around you and demand it is 100%.

95% certainty? Don't be throwing around random percentages, I'll call you on it every time.

95% is the standard and is referenced in the latest IPCC report.

Read my last post on the matter. I think Pleebo knows what I'm talking about, but I'm not sure anyone else does.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-30 22:04:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a better one? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just curious what would be a better analogy.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-08-30 22:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you have a better one? I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just curious what would be a better analogy.

Not off the top of my head. Don't mind me though, I'm just a snob when it comes to this kind of stuff.
By Bloodrose 2015-08-30 22:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sometimes, even a terrible analogy is still the best one suited for the task at hand... so long as it gets the point across.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-30 22:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodrose said: »
Sometimes, even a terrible analogy is still the best one suited for the task at hand... so long as it gets the point across.

Yeah, I struggled to come up with a way to demonstrate things that people cannot demand 100% certainty on without going into some big diatribe about margins of error and data correction, especially since my understanding of research methodology is pretty limited.
By Bloodrose 2015-08-30 22:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Politics is a terrible analogy for politics.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-08-30 23:00:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Can you see Russia from the summit?

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Amandarius
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amandarius 2015-08-30 23:14:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
Maybe you should actually listen to what he is saying once. I think you will find that you agree with a lot of his very moderate economic policies, unless of course for some reason Illegal Immigration is your #1 issue.

When you buy eggs, you check to make sure none are broken, right? Would you look and see a broken egg, decide the 11 others aren't half bad, and buy it anyway? Reverse the scenario and 11 eggs are bad, that's Trump.

Cool story, Aesop.
[+]
 Siren.Noxzema
Server: Siren
user: Noxzema
By Siren.Noxzema 2015-08-31 01:06:46
Link | Quote | Reply

So... Kanye announced that he's going to run for President in 2020.

http://www.3news.co.nz/entertainment/kanye-wests-epic-2015-vmas-speech-2015083115?ref=fb#axzz3kMvedYnH
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-31 02:05:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do they call it an epic speech? That's barely a rambling with neither head nor tail..

People are impressed too easily.
By Aelius 2015-08-31 02:27:43
Link | Quote | Reply

There is nothing epic in politics. Not even close.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-08-31 02:55:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Well the U.S. isn't the only place facing problems with migration.

Quote:
European Union ministers were summoned on Sunday to meet in two weeks' time to seek urgent solutions to a migration crisis unprecedented in the bloc's history, as the mounting death toll on land and sea forced governments to respond.

Luxembourg, which holds the rotating EU presidency, called interior ministers from all 28 member states to an extraordinary meeting on Sept. 14, saying: "The situation of migration phenomena outside and inside the European Union has recently taken unprecedented proportions."

Chancellor Angela Merkel earlier called on her EU neighbours to do more as Germany expects the number of asylum seekers it receives to quadruple to about 800,000 in 2015.

"If Europe has solidarity and we have also shown solidarity

towards others, then we need to show solidarity now," she told

reporters in Berlin. "Everything must move quickly."

Luxembourg said the meeting would focus on policies on sending some migrants home and measures to prevent human trafficking.

Seven people died when their boat sank off Libya's coast on Sunday, the second such fatal accident at sea within days. The Italian coastguard said some 1,600 migrants had been rescued in the Mediterranean and brought to Italy over the weekend.

At least 2,500 migrants have died since January, most of them drowning in the Mediterranean after arduous journeys fleeing war, oppression or poverty in Syria and other parts of the Middle East and Africa or beyond.

The horrors faced by migrants were brought to the heart of the European mainland on Friday when 71 bodies, including those of a baby girl and three other children were found in an abandoned refrigeration truck in Austria.

The dead, believed to be refugees from Syria or

possibly Afghanistan, had been packed into the truck with just 1 square metre (10 sq ft) of space per five people, police said on Sunday, as initial forensic tests indicated they had suffocated.

Hungarian police arrested a fifth suspect, a Bulgarian citizen, in connection with the deaths. Three Bulgarians and one Afghan had already been arrested.

BORDERLESS SYSTEM

Criticism of Europe's disparate laws and approaches to dealing with asylum seekers has mounted.

Some governments have refused to take in refugees and resisted EU proposals to agree on a common plan. Others are toughening their asylum policies and border security, sometimes because of rising anti-immigration and nationalist sentiment.

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius accused eastern European states, notably Hungary, which is building a fence against migrants along its border, of a "scandalous" policy.

"They are extremely harsh. Hungary is part of Europe, which has values and we do not respect those value by putting up fences," Fabius told Europe 1 radio.

But British interior minister Theresa May blamed Europe's borderless system, known as "Schengen", for fuelling the crisis and demanded tighter EU rules on free movement.

"When it was first enshrined, free movement meant the freedom to move to a job, not the freedom to cross borders to look for work or claim benefits," May said. "We must take some big decisions, face down powerful interests and reinstate the original principle."

Some European governments are considering amending the Schengen code, but the European Commission, the EU executive which enforces it, says there is no need to change the rules, either to improve security or control migration.

In Italy which as the entry point for many migrants has been at the forefront of the crisis, Prime Minister Matteo Renzi said the rising death toll would push EU states to confront the problem.

"It will take months, but we will have a single European policy on asylum, not as many policies as there are countries," he said.
Unprecedented migrant crisis forces EU to seek answers

So far Hungary is building a wall and Serbia's solution:

Quote:
A parliament-appointed rights official in Serbia has suggested that the country, blighted by years of depopulation, should ask migrants flooding through the Balkans from the Middle East to settle in hundreds of empty villages.

Birthrates in Serbia have been falling for decades and, coupled with the departure of thousands of young people in search of work in western Europe and North America, the population has fallen more than five percent since 2002.

Hundreds of villages are largely devoid of people.

“We should consider offering them (migrants) to stay in the parts of Serbia that are empty,” Brankica Jankovic, Serbia’s Commissioner for Protection of Equality, told B92 TV on Tuesday.

“A selection should be made, a detailed security screening.”

About 100,000 migrants, many of them from Syria and other conflict zones in the Middle East, have entered Serbia this year on their way through the western Balkans north to Hungary and Europe’s Schengen zone of passport-free travel.

Jankovic was chosen to run Serbia's human rights watchdog in May and had been proposed by the ruling coalition led by the conservative Progressive Party.

Her suggestion drew some criticism.

Jelena Milic, director of the Belgrade-based Centre for Euro-Atlantic Studies, said it amounted to “ethnic engineering”.

“Settling migrants in empty areas, even with their consent, is ridiculous,” Milic told Reuters.

“How they would integrate into society living in the parts of the country with no economy and no people?”
Migrants may be answer to Serbian depopulation: government official
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2015-08-31 03:27:14
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been like that for a very long time...I still remember a user here trying to belittle me saying "You're italian what do you know about immigration problems??" yeah, we happen to get hundreds of them everyday.

Things have gotten progressively worse lately, we aren't able to host them anymore, we're pretty much saturated. Riots and problems of racism are becoming more and more problematic, but even if you aren't racist you just can't support this situation. The rest of EU has closed borders which leaves only us and Greece dealing with it which is impossible. The only way to sustain this immense flow of people is to distribute them across the nations, we just don't have the space nor the resources for them and can't do much with France holding guns along the borders, Hungary building walls and Germany and UK saying deal with it we don't want them. Yeah..no one does, so what do we do, let them drown? Many of these people are war refugees from Africa and near east Asia and 30% of them die on those boats or trucks.

They have to be distributed, it's the only human, and sustainable solution. And maybe the UN has to do something about those wars too so they don't need to run away anymore...
 Siren.Akson
Server: Siren
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2015-08-31 03:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a worldwide global epidemic. Not just North America and Europe but everywhere in between as well. Idgaf bout this zhit tho... more saddened by all the good players we've lost or whom got banned. F the World. Don't ask me for....
First Page 2 3 ... 887 888 889 ... 1375 1376 1377