Random Politics & Religion #00

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #00
Random Politics & Religion #00
First Page 2 3 ... 609 610 611 ... 1375 1376 1377
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 10:10:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Just imagine when the labs got the spores and looked under the microscope with minimal protection on and realized that they're active spores.

Woah shiiiiiiit.

Knowing the reaction that some scientists I know give when even something mundane isn't what it's supposed to be, I've got to imagine the response was pretty animated.
[+]
 Shiva.Nikolce
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-28 10:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Ravael said: »
If he did, we would call that "par for the course".

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 10:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Nikolce said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Scott Walker.

I haven't seen him on tv answering questions yet.

Then he's already miles ahead of hillary.
 Fenrir.Atheryn
Server: Fenrir
user: Temptaru
By Fenrir.Atheryn 2015-05-28 10:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramyrez said: »
Just imagine when the labs got the spores and looked under the microscope with minimal protection on and realized that they're active spores.

Woah shiiiiiiit.

Knowing the reaction that some scientists I know give when even something mundane isn't what it's supposed to be, I've got to imagine the response was pretty animated.

[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 10:16:40
Link | Quote | Reply

That about covers it.

Additional [+] for Kermit.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 10:17:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Thats not as bad as when we flew with nukes.

The B-52 crash? Jeez we dodged a bullet there. That would have been quite embarassing.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 10:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Scott Walker.

Media doesn't want to give him the time of day. No real scandals associated with him.

The worst they can dig up is that his state budget is slightly better than the federal government's budget.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 10:18:27
Link | Quote | Reply

So how was Obama responsible for releasing live anthrax spores? Did he do it on purpose to kill Americans or was it a plan to push healthcare by touting how Obamacare saved anthrax victims lives?

We want to know.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 10:19:30
Link | Quote | Reply

So how was Obama responsible for releasing live anthrax spores? Did he do it on purpose to kill Americans or was it a plan to push healthcare by touting how Obamacare saved anthrax victims lives?

We want to know.
Is that going to be your response to everything?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 10:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
In comes Kara to insist that we consider the facts rather then just groan like Frankenstein's monster...

OBAMA BAD!!!

yeah kara, obama could have totally gone against all our prior agreements. the congress, and the will of the people and sent in a hundred thousand unarmed troops to hug them into submission...

so why didn't he HUH!? HUH!? HUH!?

Again, you parrot that Obama is somehow bound by Bush's policies and has absolutely zero command of our war policy.

Stupid stupid stupid. Hey remember when some 90s president pledged to support Ukraine against Russia in exchange for them giving up their soviet nukes? Oh how come Obama didn't honor that one? I thought he was bound to all our prior agreements?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 10:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Scott Walker.

Media doesn't want to give him the time of day. No real scandals associated with him.

The worst they can dig up is that his state budget is slightly better than the federal government's budget.

If you're a good candidate, you make the media come to you. Kinda like that Obama guy who got no attention until his oratory skills had him topple the hydra currently sowing fear in the Republican party.

If that incompetent Obama could beat Hillary, this should be child's play for Rand Paul and friends.
[+]
 Shiva.Viciousss
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2015-05-28 10:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
Thats not as bad as when we flew with nukes.

The B-52 crash? Jeez we dodged a bullet there. That would have been quite embarassing.

That one and the one in 2000ish when one B-52 flew with 18 nukes across the country, breaking just about every treaty out there. A lot of people got fired for that.
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-28 10:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

We want to know.

OBAMA BAD!!!

[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2015-05-28 10:20:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hillary Clinton is going the Jenny McCarthy route...

So far it's kicking the *** off of our throw fifty candidates up against a wall to see if any of them stick approach...

I'm biased as hell but so far john kasich looks the least crazy of the field...
Scott Walker, for crying out loud.

Seriously!

Liberals hate him because he gets the job done, and he has proven his worth as governor of Wisconsin.
Scott Walker? Who insisted that because he could take on the unions it proves he can take on ISIS?

I admit that if he doesn't get indited he has a good chance.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 10:22:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Scott Walker.

If you're a good candidate, you make the media come to you. Kinda like that Obama guy who got no attention until his oratory skills had him topple the hydra currently sowing fear in the Republican party.

If that incompetent Obama could beat Hillary, this should be child's play for Rand Paul and friends.
Again, they are too busy with Bush and Paul. Because they make better articles advertising revenue.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 10:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »

So far it's kicking the *** off of our throw fifty candidates up against a wall to see if any of them stick approach...

Seriously!

Liberals hate him because he gets the job done, and he has proven his worth as governor of Wisconsin.
Scott Walker? Who insisted that because he could take on the unions it proves he can take on ISIS?

Indited for what again? What sort of crime is he being accused of, and why?
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-28 10:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Nausi said: »
Again, you parrot that Obama is somehow bound by Bush's policies and has absolutely zero command of our war policy.

yeah you caught me... I'm president of the obama fan club....
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 10:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously!

Indited for what again? What sort of crime is he being accused of, and why?
Hate speech, somewhere liberals were offended.

Case closed.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 10:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What hate speech?

Edit: Googled it, only articles showing such accusations are coming from Salon, Mother Jones, Huffington Post, and Vox. So, there is no basis or evidence of such hate speech, Chanti is parroting misinformation yet again.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 10:28:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, they are too busy with Bush and Paul. Because they make better articles advertising revenue.

While I don't disagree with your assessment, I will say it's interesting that someone who is all about making as much money as possible otherwise by whatever means are deemed legal is critical of the media for doing just that.

Just an observation, not an attack. I've no interest in a "yo mama" fight today.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 10:29:36
Link | Quote | Reply

If you believe the fiscal right about Unions, they're practically the same thing and they'd like to treat them the same way. "Kill it with fire, they're probably harming our bottom line".
 Shiva.Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2015-05-28 10:32:21
Link | Quote | Reply

if the winner is the one that makes the fewest gaffs then maybe they were on to something putting hillary into cryo-stasis
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 10:33:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What hate speech?

Edit: Googled it, only articles showing such accusations are coming from Salon, Mother Jones, Huffington Post, and Vox. So, there is no basis or evidence of such hate speech, Chanti is parroting misinformation yet again.
I just meant he said something that liberals took offense to.
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 10:33:52
Link | Quote | Reply

While I don't disagree with your assessment, I will say it's interesting that someone who is all about making as much money as possible otherwise by whatever means are deemed legal is critical of the media for doing just that.

Just an observation, not an attack. I've no interest in a "yo mama" fight today.

It's the common conservative trope here. Laud about how money = success = work hard yet complain when they can't get media attention because the media is owned by wealthy liberals who are also communists who are also the scourge of the Earth.

All I'm hearing is 'you need to bootstrap more'.

If you're all so business savvy and paragons of capitalism, why can't you manage to match if not defeat the evil forces of liberal media? Are conservatives lacking in wit, talent and business acumen or something? If TYT can make it then saddle up and be the second coming of The Blaze.

And quit whining about the media. It's a defeatist, liberal attitude to have. No one's going to help you but yourself. Losers.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 10:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't say that.

I'm saying that people are buying into the fluff (see: Chanti, Jet, Pleebo, Vic) because it looks good to them, instead of either reading between the lines or discovering that what they are being fed is kibble just to produce more revenue for the media outlets because they are such gullible kids.

Although, I will admit that conservative media outlets (aka Fox News) does exactly the same thing. That's why I don't use either sides arguments without looking at both sides.

Scott Walker doesn't have much against him, and the media knows that, that's why you see (almost) absolutely no mention of him at all. He is the best candidate for the GOP, but you cannot even see it because the media is all about Bush and Paul.
By Ramyrez 2015-05-28 10:34:45
Link | Quote | Reply

What hate speech?

Nausi is just responding emotionally.

Chanti is likely referring to the shady activity that has landed many of Walkers cohorts in court, charges that he himself has successfully evaded because while he may be a corrupt ***, he's really, really good at it.

Which, come to think of it, isn't the worst endorsement for a politician I suppose.

Edit:
Scott Walker doesn't have much against him, and the media knows that, that's why you see (almost) absolutely no mention of him at all. He is the best candidate for the GOP, but you cannot even see it because the media is all about Bush and Paul.

Even if I believed the things he says about unions and the like, I'd have a hard time supporting him given the above. Even if you decide that his actions benefitted more people than they hurt in Wisconsin (quite debatable), he's Clinton-level dirty and doesn't have the support of the poor or causeheads the way the Clintons do.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-28 10:35:40
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're all so business savvy and paragons of capitalism, why can't you manage to match if not defeat the evil forces of liberal media? Are conservatives lacking in wit, talent and business acumen or something?
More like that conservatives do not want to dictate what should or shouldn't be published (as it would be illegal and hypocritical to do so).
 Bahamut.Ravael
Server: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2015-05-28 10:35:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm still rooting for a Biden vs. Christie general election. If we can't find any good candidates anyway, we might as well make it entertaining.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2015-05-28 10:35:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The media does what makes them money, they aren't concerned with the best candidates when they're all essentially devolving/devolved into gossip rags. It's actually a scathing indictment of what happens when money becomes the end all, be all but hey lets not get critical or anything.

American news is gutter trash and it's a shame you have to look globally to find something approaching real news because we're devoting whole blocks of time to ***.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nausi
By Ragnarok.Nausi 2015-05-28 10:36:21
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, the whine about media isn't that conservatism cannot compete, because obviously it can (and win). Only that the field is so heavily dominated by a particular ideology that the shear volume of troops tilts the universe.
First Page 2 3 ... 609 610 611 ... 1375 1376 1377