Top ten hardest boss today
 Odin.Machorz
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: MacHorz
By Odin.Machorz 2014-01-11 07:27:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Talking about Voidwatch,Delve,etc you guys forget something:

If we got this all 2009/2010 we would love it,cause we had ppl to do it.

LS was full of ppl, seldom shouts for big stuff.

But today all the stuff goes via Shout/yell and takes forever.

Voidwatch system was good: proc,get your own treasure. no more ninja loots or prio system or "this guy can lot tank gear, even his tank is lvl 1 but he have more points then u"-system.

You cannot compare AV/PW with today Boss.
Especially naakuul, that more open world-boss.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-11 07:42:17
Link | Quote | Reply

..?
 Cerberus.Conagh
Server: Cerberus
user: onagh
By Cerberus.Conagh 2014-01-11 08:36:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
Wonder if SE is capable of releasing another mob that can sit on the kind of throne AV/PW once sat upon.

(In PW's case, the throne his chair sat upon!)

I hope not. Those boss's were designed to never be beatable, the only way players beat AV was through glitching it's AI or abusing certain game mechanics that SE later patched. PW had essentially infinite HP and wasn't possible to beat no matter what you did, thus the 18+ hour fight that made people sick. NM's that have god mode turned on are not difficult, they are fake difficulty and gamers hate them.

I make a NM with the following,

Quote:
5,000,000 HP
5,000 Attack
5,000 Defense
5,000 Evasion
5,000 Magic Evasion
400 VIT
400 STR
400 AGI
400 MND
400 INT
400 CHR
500 MAB
500 MDB
99.75% PDT
99.75% MDT
99.75% BDT
100% QA rate
Base DMG rating of 2000
Melee attacks are 20 foot aoe stun, paralyze, weakness and 5-count doom
Rages after 60m and CS's Meteor II under all active enmity targets are dead

There you go, have fun with your new and improved unbeatable NM. All the cool players can talk about strategies and other mechanics, probably attempt a few kiting + RNG setups. Experienced gamers will take notice after watching a few fights and label it fake difficulty. SE mind as well set the god mode bit to 1.

Aggro Range 310 YALMS, has alliance hate, draw in, and can draw you in from other zones.

You missed a few ideas! :D
By Enuyasha 2014-01-11 08:49:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »
Wonder if SE is capable of releasing another mob that can sit on the kind of throne AV/PW once sat upon.

I hope not. Those boss's were designed to never be beatable, the only way players beat AV was through glitching it's AI or abusing certain game mechanics that SE later patched. PW had essentially infinite HP and wasn't possible to beat no matter what you did, thus the 18+ hour fight that made people sick. NM's that have god mode turned on are not difficult, they are fake difficulty and gamers hate them.

Quote:
5,000,000 HP
5,000 Attack
5,000 Defense
5,000 Evasion
5,000 Magic Evasion
400 VIT
400 STR
400 AGI
400 MND
400 INT
400 CHR
500 MAB
500 MDB
99.75% PDT
99.75% MDT
99.75% BDT
100% QA rate
Base DMG rating of 2000

There you go, have fun with your new and improved unbeatable NM. All the cool players can talk about strategies and other mechanics, probably attempt a few kiting + RNG setups. Experienced gamers will take notice after watching a few fights and label it fake difficulty. SE mind as well set the god mode bit to 1.

Aggro Range 310 YALMS, has alliance hate, draw in, and can draw you in from other zones.

dont forget about how upon draw in it immediately uses every debuff ever and gains every enhancing buff ever.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-11 08:50:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Conagh said: »

Quote:
5,000,000 HP
5,000 Attack
5,000 Defense
5,000 Evasion
5,000 Magic Evasion
400 VIT
400 STR
400 AGI
400 MND
400 INT
400 CHR
500 MAB
500 MDB
99.75% PDT
99.75% MDT
99.75% BDT
100% QA rate
Base DMG rating of 2000

Also, it has gilfinder and treasure hunter on you, so every time you die, it takes your gil and gear.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-01-11 09:19:07
Link | Quote | Reply

In the case of AV(post-SE nerf), I would agree with you as his difficulty was pretty ridiculous. PW though, was beatable, and I believe there was a instance were it was beaten. It took extreme levels of coordination, organization, and player skill though. Which is what these kind of mobs were audience to, the very best XI has to offer.

You got your timeline reversed a bit. Apathy didn't beat it until AFTER SE nerfed PW due to the huge outcry. It originally had infinite cycling forms, if you beat all it's forms it would just go back to the first set and continue on. It, quite literally, had infinite HP. That's why there was so much negative publicity about it in the Japanese gaming industry, it's considered really bad form to create something with no way to kill it. Eventually SE capped it's forms and it was beaten in 1 hour and 55 min.
 Carbuncle.Killkenny
Server: Carbuncle
user: Killkenny
By Carbuncle.Killkenny 2014-01-11 09:26:30
Link | Quote | Reply

In the case of AV(post-SE nerf), I would agree with you as his difficulty was pretty ridiculous. PW though, was beatable, and I believe there was a instance were it was beaten. It took extreme levels of coordination, organization, and player skill though. Which is what these kind of mobs were audience to, the very best XI has to offer.

You got your timeline reversed a bit. Apathy didn't beat it until AFTER SE nerfed PW due to the huge outcry. It originally had infinite cycling forms, if you beat all it's forms it would just go back to the first set and continue on. It, quite literally, had infinite HP. That's why there was so much negative publicity about it in the Japanese gaming industry, it's considered really bad form to create something with no way to kill it. Eventually SE capped it's forms and it was beaten in 1 hour and 55 min.

You are correcting someone else with incorrect information, Beyond the Limitation did get it to its final form but stopped when it did its first astral flow and resummoned lamps. It didn't have infinite hp or forms, it just had more of both. The publicity came from the fact that one of the strongest linkshells at that time spent something like 18 hours killing it.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-11 09:35:16
Link | Quote | Reply

History of FFXI 101.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-11 09:37:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Ah, so that's what the nerf was. Interesting.

Anyway, post-nerf, PW was still extremely difficult to beat, and required all the points I mentioned.

Personally I don't wish for it, although I wouldn't be entirely against it. If they were to release another monster of this magnitude, it would obviously need to be in the same realm as post-nerf PW, and not AV/pre-nerf PW.

With the new system of difficulty-setting, it wouldn't be too absurd at this time to release a mob of such calibur, as this system caters to all types of players.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-01-11 09:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
People still tink delve will make a come back after the giant fail it was during summer lol. SE realized how ***the event was to players and released like 4 or 5 zones without any delve so... they wont expand delve in anyway.
You realize delve wasn't introduced from the getgo in older zones either? Ah, but what am I asking, of course you don't.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Vlorsutes
Server: Lakshmi
user: Vlorsutes
By Lakshmi.Vlorsutes 2014-01-11 10:24:17
Link | Quote | Reply

pchan said: »
They gave up on delve when they realised that revamping a couple BC by simply increasing the mob stats and adding a treasure pool was enaugh to entertain a server for 2 months VS implementaing 5 new NMs in a new zone at the cost of annoying 90% of the server that hates alliance play.

You just say that because Delve is content that you can't do with just you, your friend, and your six mules spamming bloodpacts, and since no one would want to actually invite you to an alliance for Delve, you're instantly all "It's worthless and stupid".

It's extremely likely that they were waiting for a bit after releasing the third Naakual so that they could do another set of three like they had with the initial Delve, and it just took them longer because they didn't release the second set of Naakuals together like the first three, instead releasing Kumhau several updates after Hurkan and Yumcax.

I wouldn't be surprised if one of the bigger version updates early this year would be an expansion on Delve.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-11 10:30:03
Link | Quote | Reply

They will expand delve as they planned, even if it's not popular. Because SE doesn't do u-turns.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-11 10:32:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Was popular with the Japanese, they don't care about any other opinion.

So ya, more Delve.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-11 10:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Apathy was the linkshell I had in mind, which you already knew about apparently. It's been awhile, so my memory of their strategy isn't clear. For you to reply to my post the way you did, I take it they used an exploit? The nerf you mention though, I have never heard about, unless you're referring to SE simply adjusting the battle time, making it forcefully despawn after 2hours of battle. But that hardly sounds like any nerf.

Well I knew it when it happened, and it was easy to look it back up.

SE did nerf it. They reduced the amount of forms it had, they severely dropped the HP of satelites, and put a 2 hour limit on it. It was still difficult of course, but it wasn't going to have people being sick and fainting after 18 hours anymore. It would have been absolutely impossible to defeat the original PW in under 2 hours.

The strategy they used was rather simple, they all logged off before Astral Flows and did the regular strategy for the rest of it (which I ain't going to explain, you can look that up yourself), which isn't really cheating or exploiting anything. SE recognized it as a win, and if they had cheated or used an exploit they would have banned them for it like they did for those who exploited AV.

The negative nancys claimed that Apathy cheated, but to be honest, it was just playing smart. Why eat an Astral Flow when you can log off and avoid it? They still fought for 1 hour 55 minutes and managed to defeat it. The time before that they timed out at 15% so they deserved to win really. People took their strategies and was able to beat PW without "cheating" rather soon afterwards.

But yea, no one else did it before Apathy.. and they didn't cheat. Bottom Line.

Edit: Noticed someone beat me to it. Oh well.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2014-01-11 11:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love to see revamped battlefields such as...

The Celestial Nexus - Eald'Narche
Darkness Named - Diabolos
Ancient Vows - Mammets
Three Paths (Where Messengers Gather) - Shikaree X Y & Z
One to be feared - Mammets + Omega
The Warrior's Path - Tenzen
Dawn - Promathia
Storms of Fate - Bahamut
Apocalypse Nigh - Kam'launaut & Eald'Narche
Legacy of the Lost - Gessho
Nashmeria's Plea - Raubahn, Razfahd, Alexander
Darknesss Descends - Haudrale & Aquila
When Wills Collide - Portia, Ragelise, Larzos & Spitewarden
Maiden of the Dusk - Lady Lilith

Did I miss any good ones?
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-01-11 11:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

The difficulty-setting system, I think, is very clever. It's not unique to FFXI of course, but the fact they decided to implement it into FFXI was a good decision, if they play their cards right. They can make all content cater to almost everyone, and still have very difficult content.

Hopefully in the future they up the difficulty of Very Hard modes, they don't need bazillion stat points, but something to cripple immortal PLDs a bit more. Some "Avoidance" abilities, go!
 Asura.Materdark
Server: Asura
By Asura.Materdark 2014-01-11 11:08:38
Link | Quote | Reply

has to be Pandemonium Warden took us ages getting that, most players have not done this since its too hard to do.
Atma of Hell's Guardian its also a fight to upgrade your weapon to lvl 99+ relic.

The way I got mines was get a group of 18/18 then /shout for the key pop and all the group paid 100k each for the pop item.

1st run the RMT got it bec we screwed up...shouted for long time
2nd run this time we got it.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
By itchi508 2014-03-06 13:18:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ccl said: »
Level sync 75 AV!
Was going to say AV as well, Difficulty level is gone but if you give him the chance he could wipe a iLV119 18man alliance. (Again if you gave him the chance, as in for some reason he didn't die in 45 sec and he AF or MF. Chances are he wont live 15sec realistically tho) same with Paramount Gallu, MS 1shot people if given the chance. These 2 i wouldn't say "hardest" more on lines of "strongest"

I'm thinking of NMs that are not to the obvious such as WKR Delve AA etc. if speaking of these areas i prob say Yamcux due to people bringing incorrect jobs. Tojil due to shity stuns & lastly EV due to smn slacking on EA.

Hardest NM of all, Gulool Ja cuz the SoB never pops :p

All and all is anything hard anymore?