Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Bravura questions
Bravura questions
 Bismarck.Firedfoxd
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: firedfoxd
By Bismarck.Firedfoxd 2013-12-05 13:32:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently got a bravura and im looking for sets for metatron torment...

there isnt one in the warrior's guide

also wondering if the ws could crit and or could double attk

tnx in advance
 Shiva.Onorgul
Server: Shiva
user: Onorgul
By Shiva.Onorgul 2013-12-05 13:50:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Double Attack yes, Critical Hit only with Sneak Attack or Mighty Strikes.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-12-05 15:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There are sets on there just further down.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-12-05 15:11:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Actually I cant find them now. Its easy just stack str.

Its pretty solid ws, just not as good as upheaval or ukko
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [38 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2014-01-12 13:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Instead of making a new thread...
Do we have any testing on the evasion down effect and/or defense down from metatron on the i119 version?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-01-12 13:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Fiasko said: »
Instead of making a new thread...
Do we have any testing on the evasion down effect and/or defense down from metatron on the i119 version?

Some claim it's working, others claim it's still hopelessly broken. I was screenshots recently of half or greater resists on low level rabbits, so my money is on MT being strictly used for aftermath.
 Leviathan.Isolation
Server: Leviathan
user: ringly
By Leviathan.Isolation 2014-01-12 13:53:10
Link | Quote | Reply

mine seems to work, I haven't had a lot of use of it yet.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2014-01-12 18:12:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Do we know how the additional effect works with Feint? Does Bravura's add effect overwrite feint? Would be very very bad if it did.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [449 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2015-04-06 16:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the necro. Are the defence and evasion down effects fixed?
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-07 03:23:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »

It's fixed and is treated the same as the break WS's subject to magic accuracy resist checks. The Evasion down is -40 and happens frequently even on high level fights like VD AA. The defense down seems to happen often now, but I will need to check later on.
 Shiva.Flowen
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2015-04-08 15:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Shiva.Flowen said: »

It's fixed and is treated the same as the break WS's subject to magic accuracy resist checks. The Evasion down is -40 and happens frequently even on high level fights like VD AA. The defense down seems to happen often now, but I will need to check later on.

That's sweet. I know there's a lot more damage out there for great axes but eva/def down and the mighty -20DT is a lot of utility. Might make one XD
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1171 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Banhammer
Server: Sylph
user: Banhammer
By Sylph.Banhammer 2018-06-22 14:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Necro bump, #sorrynotsorry.

How is Bravura performing in [Current Year], 2018. I've tried doing some research and I see a lot of people saying the defense down on Metatron Torment wasn't landing often, but I couldn't find anything current or after the WS M.acc buff.

I'm not going out of my way to make this...I'm farming G.horn in Dynamis and need something to do with the rest of the currency. It's either this or Mandau, as I don't play RNG, NIN or lolMNK.

Looking for some wizdom. Thanks.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-22 14:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Banhammer said: »

How is Bravura performing in [Current Year], 2018. I've tried doing some research and I see a lot of people saying the defense down on Metatron Torment wasn't landing often, but I couldn't find anything current or after the WS M.acc buff.

I'm not going out of my way to make this...I'm farming G.horn in Dynamis and need something to do with the rest of the currency. It's either this or Mandau, as I don't play RNG, NIN or lolMNK.

I have two of these and I love the -damage taken + Regen aftermath when spamming NMs low man. I know there are better options for pure damage but since I multibox I don’t regret AGing both. The def down I notice it not procing a lot but it’s still fun.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
Server: Lakshmi
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2018-06-22 14:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Banhammer said: »

While I can't give you any physical data, what I can tell you from my parses in Omen versus very well geared SAM/WAR's is that it doesn't do to bad to be honest. Also the -DT is very noticeable as our Bravura WAR, assuming something does happen to other DDs, is usually the one to always survive. Just from surving and losing the 3-6m a fight is enough to put her in top DPS spots most times, or in other cases come very close behind. Sometimes when we have a tendency to be a lot more aggressive in parsing (Everyone is aggressive in pulling- engaging), I've even seen it in top spots.

While all this may be true, in these scenarios, and real applications. That isn't to say that damage wise it compares to the max potential of anything else on either of those jobs (Ukon/Masa/etc). I'm purely going from what I have seen in boss, and full omen clear parses.
[+]
By Kodaijin 2018-06-22 15:08:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume you meant evasion down. I noticed it proc often on everything 119 and below... but those things dont live long enough for it to matter.

Defense and regen area aftermaths and are nice bonuses after every metatron torment.

If youre only comparing between mandau and bravura, then bravura is your best choice.
 Odin.Drakenv
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2018-06-22 16:27:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Kodaijin said: »
I assume you meant evasion down. I noticed it proc often on everything 119 and below... but those things dont live long enough for it to matter.

Defense and regen area aftermaths and are nice bonuses after every metatron torment.

If youre only comparing between mandau and bravura, then bravura is your best choice.
I agree I made a mandau and I use my bravura way more. My alt has a twatstar so they pretty go thf before my main lol
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-06-23 16:32:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bravura is a very nice though situational weapon. It's WS Metatron Torment can be made to do pretty good damage, not as much as Upheaval or Resolution but still a ***ton due to all the WSD gear we've been getting lately. Bravura's big benefit comes with being able to hit 50% DT with almost no effort.

Bravura AM 20% DT
Defending Ring 10% DT
Moonbeam Ring 4% DT
Loricate Torque 6% DT

That's 40% right there and we have one more choice to make. If we just accept 40% BDT and the presence of Shell (why on earth would a WAR not have shell) then we only need 10% more PDT to hit cap with with our new capes is a given.

Cape 10% PDT

This leaves open all five armor slots, the ammo slot, both earrings and waist slot for offensive gear. Bravura also has an *** ton of accuracy so you can still keep putting out damage if your blinded or otherwise impaired.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [221 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-01-30 11:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess this is another necro as well...

I'm just getting back into playing my Warrior, and I've let it fall way behind my other jobs unfortunately. I'm currently working on Aeonic Gun for COR and will probably make dagger after that seeing as THF was always my second favorite job.

So.. I won't be making a Chango any time soon.

I already have a few useful greatswords already; Montante +1 and Zulfiqar – I even have a very well augmented Macbain from back when it first came out. I'll eventually get around to picking up Raetic Algol +1. However, I don't have any useful Great Axes though. Seeing as I'm not making Chango any time soon and I don't want to spend the money on Ukkon/Conq (wrapping up DP right now), I decided to start working on Bravura.

The utility and survivability of the weapon intrigues me a lot, and seeing as it won't cost much to make, I figured it would be worth pulling the trigger on.

My question is about gearsets though. Not necessary hybrid sets or tp sets, those seem pretty easy to navigate. I'm looking for ideas for a proper Metatron Torment set.

I'm assuming any normal spot with WSD makes sense, and then WSD/multi-attack augments with as much +STR/attack as I can to fill out the rest? Is there anything else I should be gearing for?

Am I right in assuming that the resolution set from a few months ago (pre WSD fix) would be a good jumping off point?