Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2014-11-24 14:58:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Altimaomega said: »
fonewear said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
Online play? Does the loot transfer to Single Player or is it a totally separate game? Can't find this info anywhere.
Totally separate.

That sucks, they missed an opportunity to do something totally unique and could have been awesome.
They made multiplayer affect single player in Mass Effect and as far as I know that wasn't well received. I'm glad they kept it it's own thing personally.
By Altimaomega 2014-11-24 14:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'd get tired of co op very fast. But then again I don't normally care about online play. It is basically just dungeon crawling over and over same stuff.

Even though I kicked the FFXI habit. 2-4 people I played the game with have stayed in touch and play multiplayer games all the time. Nothing has meet the standard of 11 however, it's kinda sad a 12yr old game can't be beaten.
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-24 15:04:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Why I won't play multilayer:

YouTube Video Placeholder
By Altimaomega 2014-11-24 15:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Online play? Does the loot transfer to Single Player or is it a totally separate game? Can't find this info anywhere.
Totally separate.

That sucks, they missed an opportunity to do something totally unique and could have been awesome.
They made multiplayer affect single player in Mass Effect and as far as I know that wasn't well received. I'm glad they kept it it's own thing personally.

It didn't need to affect the single player game. It coulda been a bonus farming area you could play with friend and level characters get cool loot, endless possibility's.. It shouldn't have been difficult to incorporate multiplayer and single player together without making them dependent on each other. It's looking like they are taking the easy way out like every other game maker. Not a good thing, kinda expected more out of Bioware.

Case and point. thx Fone.
Why I won't play multilayer:

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By fonewear 2014-11-24 15:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

They could have just done an offline co op but there is no money to be made in that !
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2014-11-24 15:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sera is my fave companion so far, havnt tried multiplayer yet but still annoyed ya cant use your single player char in it :/
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2014-11-24 15:35:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I just have a few important questions before I consider buying this game...

How big can you make the racks?

Do the racks have jiggle physics and if so on a scale of 1-DOA where do they rate?

Do the sex scenes have nipples? LADY NIPPLES.
By fonewear 2014-11-24 15:39:24
Link | Quote | Reply

To answer:

No

No

And yes at least one (search youtube dragon age inquisition sex)
 Lakshmi.Flavin
Server: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2014-11-25 14:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I'd get tired of co op very fast. But then again I don't normally care about online play. It is basically just dungeon crawling over and over same stuff.

Even though I kicked the FFXI habit. 2-4 people I played the game with have stayed in touch and play multiplayer games all the time. Nothing has meet the standard of 11 however, it's kinda sad a 12yr old game can't be beaten.
11 fed a niche market... gaming has become more of a casual market though to reach a broader number of gamers and increase profitablity...
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-25 23:25:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone know what the best daggers are?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-26 13:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So anyone found an axe similar to Dragonhunter with crit chance but higher DPS (295+)? Been reluctant to upgrade to a crafted one since the crits are just too nice with 20% crit damage rings for my reaver and the 28% chance on the axe or whatever, everything just melts even on Hard (haven't tried a dragon yet though since I got reaver, might still destroy me lol).
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-26 14:09:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-27 21:08:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Dagger T3 Schem location ... ish:

Anyone have a link with a mastercraft material list? I've been using the 10% chance on hit to use Hidden blades but not sure if there might be better.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-27 22:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

My highest DPS dagger so far (Haven't made one in a bit) is 403 I think, It's 370-380ish with a rune on it
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-28 23:18:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Got the Schematics.

Made 2 of these:
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-11-29 11:48:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Waiting to finish these last assignments in DA:I then I will finish it. Gonna probably end up replaying it later to get better outcomes on some of my choices =/

Some Tips to people playing:

- Talk to everyone after you do anything till they have nothing left to say!

I've missed 3 companion quest lines this way.

- Play as a mage or warrior if you like witty banter.

You get 2 companions in this game
who are great for humor but you can only have 4 party members at a time. So you may end up with a imbalanced group that could cause problems.

- If you are not a mage always bring a mage!

This tip has spoilers but it's huge to know.....

- Loot everything for Schematics, Valuables, and crafting ingredients.

Only really need to pick up blues/purples when it comes to gear that isn't an upgrade. It's not worth the limited inventory otherwise.

- Your Ranged AI companions are dumb as a box of rocks. I'm gonna stand in front of that dragon and take fireballs to the face!

Try to position them to the sides of enemies on big fights to avoid frontal attacks.

- Unless given orders your allies will attack w/e you are targeting by default.

You can change this to attack anything that is attacking you in the tactics menu.

- Your allies will not move to follow you if you are in stealth.

This can lead to some alone time with enemies which could be very bad if you cant get back into stealth before they all murder you.

- Side quest in moderation.

One of the faults in this game is if you do a lot of side quests you will out level the content available to you.

- Crafted Gear is amazing.

Pretty simple here the crafting system in this game is confusing at first but eventually you will get the hang of it and when it does you end up making godly gear. Like that dagger in the post above this.

- Upgrade your potions and buy secondary ones.

You can assign up to 2 secondary potions to each member while the healing potions are shared amongst everyone. Some of these can help keep you alive or even unleash,

To upgrade your potions you will need,

- Elfroot ...

Get this everytime you see it. It's used for so much stuff. You will always need more Elfroot!

- Always be connected to Origin.

This is an annoying tip. It sucks. Like really ... If you aren't on Origin when you finish something and it involves an achievement you may not get the achievement at all. Which sucks.

- Avoid multiplayer till you either finish the game or are close to it.

It has some spoilers.

- Don't spend money in multiplayer.

Like seriously ..... it's not worth it.

that's all I can really think of for now.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-29 12:06:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Another thing about potions

Put 3 or 4 points into Forces in the beginning so you unlock the extra 4 potion slots
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2014-11-29 12:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

These are some of the weapons I use

Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2014-12-01 10:54:38
Link | Quote | Reply

$45 on Amazon right now for all platforms. Got my copy.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2014-12-01 11:34:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been playing this incase anybody in 14 is wondering about my whereabouts.

I bought it for the 360 cause that's what the bf has and I spend all my time over there. The xbox can barely handle it. It looks like crap...however the game is filling that skyrim sized hole in my heart. Having alot of fun.

I'm walking through it blind and have probably missed alot. I did just get the giant nugalope though.

my one major problem with the game is the inventory space. It's been an issue and I have 90 spots now and it's still a major issue. Have to leave alot behind in dungeons often or drop stuff I could have sold.
 Sylph.Rasibian
Server: Sylph
user: Rasibian
By Sylph.Rasibian 2014-12-01 12:31:55
Link | Quote | Reply

hi, it is true that if u start a new game u loose the one u made?