Game: FFXI
user: Andras
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-27 14:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Nadleeh Sakurai said: »
ok got that off my chest.

yadda yadda donny yadda yadda element yadda tangents etc
Yadda yadda feigns offense at him yadda yadda passive aggressive yadda yadda rambles about kindness etc

Something something Bloodborne?
Administrator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Idiot Boy 2017-02-27 14:04:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Lolserj said: »
Idiot Boy said: »
Parenting is hard ***

Nah.

It's time consuming, and forces a rework of some priorities, but it's really only hard if you make it hard. Our instincts guide us pretty well, especially early on.

80% of this job is giving a *** about who your kid grows up to be, if can you do that the rest will basically sort itself out

I know that technically my parents wanted me to grow up to be someone else entirely, but that didn't happen

Not that I'm a *** up or anything, definitely feels good to be the best off among siblings

Well, I don't mean that in the sense of "my boy better be a doctor or he's out of the will". It's more - I want him to not be a total jackass. I want him to enjoy lots of different kinds of things. I don't want him living in my basement at 27. That kind of thing. The details of his life are up to him, it's his life.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
Server: Shiva
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-02-27 14:08:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Parenting is hard ***

Nah.

It's time consuming, and forces a rework of some priorities, but it's really only hard if you make it hard. Our instincts guide us pretty well, especially early on.

80% of this job is giving a *** about who your kid grows up to be, if can you do that the rest will basically sort itself out

I know that technically my parents wanted me to grow up to be someone else entirely, but that didn't happen

Not that I'm a *** up or anything, definitely feels good to be the best off among siblings

Well, I don't mean that in the sense of "my boy better be a doctor or he's out of the will". It's more - I want him to not be a total jackass. I want him to enjoy lots of different kinds of things. I don't want him living in my basement at 27. That kind of thing. The details of his life are up to him, it's his life.
Nah you totally own his ***.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
Server: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-02-27 14:09:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Parenting is hard ***

Nah.

What if he becomes a shitposter?
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-27 14:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Parenting is hard ***

Nah.

I mean depending on who you ask they'd probably say I'm a total Jackass

My parents just had some expectations that I blatantly strayed from, but it's hard to call me the "*** up" due to how other siblings claim that title

But if they were just slightly different I guarantee you, I would be the *** up
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-02-27 14:12:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Parenting is hard ***

Nah.

Dad still thinks he *** up with me just because I'm not into absolutely everything he is. But he thinks I turned out incredibly well and am far better off than my sister or he ever was.

The whole "I should have spent more time with you because then you'd be more like me" thing is incredibly disheartening to hear though.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2017-02-27 14:19:19
Link | Quote | Reply

How the Oscar blunder should have gone:
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-27 14:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
Parenting is hard ***

Nah.

Dad still thinks he *** up with me just because I'm not into absolutely everything he is. But he thinks I turned out incredibly well and am far better off than my sister or he ever was.

The whole "I should have spent more time with you because then you'd be more like me" thing is incredibly disheartening to hear though.

I say to hell with that. I like the Spath you are, not the Spath you could have been

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-02-27 14:29:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Shiva.Spathaian said: »
yeah I can relate to that. At one point my dad wanted me to take over running his hospital when he retired and for years tried to get me to move down south with them.

It's all about effort though so I never dwell on all of the *** ups or unhealthy behavior of the past, just the effort that was/is put forth when it is.
We all have unhealthy behavior to wrestle with at some point after all.
It's less about something like "I wanted you to walk in my footsteps and carry on our business" (he actually told me to never become a truck driver because it's not worth it blah blah blah) it was more of "Why don't you share my love of the outdoors and cars and why don't you go out and do tons of unneeded hard work every day and why aren't you a lady killer"

Basically he constantly beats himself up for me not being the outdoorsy car/motorcycle nut ladies man he was/is.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-02-27 14:36:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Was his dad really outdoorsy too?
That kind of misplaced guilt is pretty common in your dad's generation I think. Try to think back to how boys were raised back then and how the world behaved etc

Vastly different society and emotional capacities for men
His dad went from living on a reservation to owning his own farm.

You could say he was outdoorsy.

Dad always has been and will continue to be a very stubborn man, even by my standards. He will accept technology if you talk to him for an incredibly long time and it somehow fits his needs perfectly, but otherwise he will essentially damn it to hell anything else. It's even worse if an error arises as he's one of those folks who doesn't think it can ever be his fault, and mom was the same way. Which is why they're not together anymore.

Even now I have to struggle to remind my mother she's not the wiz with technology she might think she is and that sometimes she needs to let someone else step in to help.

Basically my family is full of stubborn people... But some are at least stubborn while accepting some good things.

Then there's this ***.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-27 14:39:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd say today the biggest thing about raising a child is to make sure they're not internet addicted since a young age. Doesn't matter if you're an introvert, you need to go outside and live the real life.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-27 14:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Emotions are not a modern challenge *sighs*
[+]
 Asura.Lolserj
By Asura.Lolserj 2017-02-27 14:44:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Proper mental health is extremely understated in North American society.

The voices tell me otherwise
[+]
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-02-27 14:48:06
Link | Quote | Reply

too
much
food

burp

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2017-02-27 14:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I'd say today the biggest thing about raising a child is to make sure they're not internet addicted since a young age. Doesn't matter if you're an introvert, you need to go outside and live the real life.
I've seen the full on internet addicted kids... they are scary...

I'm still curious of that's what I look like from the outside.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-27 14:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
imagine the both negative and positive possibilities
It's irrelevant to what I'm talking about. Ffs I'm starting to see why they keep telling you you're out of your element.
[+]
user: misacat
By Nadleeh Sakurai 2017-02-27 14:51:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I am not addicted to the internet.
I also play gamess offline.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2017-02-27 14:56:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I did not. I said today. Your counter has nothing to *** do with what I said.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 18279 18280 18281 ... 18549 18550 18551