Fell Cleave Skill Up

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Fell Cleave skill up
Fell Cleave skill up
By Reapercrew 2013-08-12 20:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Been doing Fell Cleave for zone pop items from gold chest, ill always end up with 300+ mins after about 2-3hrs of Fell Cleave....

Here's my question. Where/what can i Skill up on overnight that i would not kill after 2-3hrs with lvl 1 weapons? Ive afked skilled on crabs and mandy's and they are nice but even they die after about a hr of beating on them....

Is there any mob out there that will keep it's self cured faster then i can kill with a lvl 1 weapon?

Ived tried mass pulls and afked only to find that if i pull too many imma end up dead, if i pull too few there gonna all be dead in about 3 hrs....i wanna afk over night and hope that bye morning the weapon is 230+
 Asura.Gabba
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Gabba 2013-08-12 20:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

lol a Warrior that dont know how to use retaliation for skills up...
[+]
 Leviathan.Encyclopedia
Server: Leviathan
user: EjinXI
By Leviathan.Encyclopedia 2013-08-12 20:46:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Just stack PDT gear, Regen Atmas, and use Retaliation on Mandragoras at Flux 6 in Altepa. Can use skill up food to make it go faster.

Edit: Sub RDM for Phalanx
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-08-12 20:46:45
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're looking for something that you can stay engaged on for several hours that won't die, won't kill you (as a warrior or dark knight,) is hard enough to give you skillups, but not too hard because you don't have any skill? Let me guess, you need to know what atmas, what food, and gear you will need, too. Unfortunately, you can't stand around and stab yourself for several hours, doing everyone a favor. Other than that, I don't have any ideas.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
Server: Cerberus
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-08-12 21:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

No idea what zone you are in. Just look at the mobs in the zone you are in and see if any are strong to whatever weapon you are using or have regen/healing tp move or have lots of def. You can also grab lots and just try not to kill them all or maybe stand just close enough so that hopefully you aggro another one prior to the ones you have being killed, but thats really iffy. In general mandies hit fast and have regen. Bees have pollen, but have final sting. rabbits have wild carrot and hit fast.

Equip all your pdt/regen gear and equip regen atma or ducal guard + regen and then goto sleep. You may consider using a shield to mitigate some dmg.

In general a war using retaliation and defender will get you skill ups faster due to the counter. At least when you are actively pushing buttons.

Honestly though, if you do this every night and you will still get there eventually.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-08-12 21:38:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Are you really that lazy to skill up a weapon. Magic skills is understandable but come on.
[+]
By Reapercrew 2013-08-12 21:59:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
No idea what zone you are in. Just look at the mobs in the zone you are in and see if any are strong to whatever weapon you are using or have regen/healing tp move or have lots of def. You can also grab lots and just try not to kill them all or maybe stand just close enough so that hopefully you aggro another one prior to the ones you have being killed, but thats really iffy. In general mandies hit fast and have regen. Bees have pollen, but have final sting. rabbits have wild carrot and hit fast.

Equip all your pdt/regen gear and equip regen atma or ducal guard + regen and then goto sleep. You may consider using a shield to mitigate some dmg.

In general a war using retaliation and defender will get you skill ups faster due to the counter. At least when you are actively pushing buttons.

Honestly though, if you do this every night and you will still get there eventually.

This Thank you....to the others im sorry that i forced your tiny brains to think so now let me spell it out:

I FELL CLEAVE MASS TIME WHILE FARMING POPS: to do this i use a capped Great Axe skill, I use retaliation ect. Thus it should be assumed that the weapons im looking to skill up are not those you would use every day.

Baised on the above i did sit in front of game and skill up Great Axe, Axe and Great Sword. Mass pull retaliation is indeed your friend when skilling up however that is not what im looking for

when doing other stuff i come across a assist called abyssea time now if i zone out of abyssea that time is wasted, (are you still with me?)

if i just sit in the zone when Real Life stuff happens abyssea time is wasted still (If you dont know what real life stuff is: sleep work school sorry some people cant live in moms basement forever)

thus what im after is to take advantage of this mass amount of time to lvl up a weapon like club, staff, hand to hand and other ***that will not be used on a daily bases while im doing Real Life stuff.

So in closing for the slow people the original question now has been spelled out all i wanted was this the quote above (thank you Pukushu)

what mobs stay alive the longest while doing this that im already doing on stuff that dies too fast thus what is best mob to afk on for long periods of time. And those who say "oh you just wanna skill up lazy way" no i DONT WANNA WASTE ALL THAT ABYSSEA TIME THAT I EARNED!!!!!!
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-08-12 22:11:22
Link | Quote | Reply

No offense, but if you're worried about wasting time in abby at this point....
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-08-12 22:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

There's no practical way to afk skill up melee skills the way you want outside of botting. The Retaliation method is extremely quick when done properly so I'm sure you can make it work with your McDonald's work schedule Real Life stuff.
By Reapercrew 2013-08-12 22:21:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Got over 200 stones so not worried about actual time....kinda almost like a OCD thing where i have to use up everything if i see that its there....you should see my inventory 90% is worthless mog garden items that I save till i have a stack for ah before i even bother to see that they sell better to npc so i npc the entire stack...
 Lakshmi.Iambatman
By Lakshmi.Iambatman 2013-08-12 22:53:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Only 200 stones, i am sitting on 3183
By Reapercrew 2013-08-12 23:34:17
Link | Quote | Reply

char is only 3 months old.
 Lakshmi.Splinters
user: Splinters
By Lakshmi.Splinters 2013-08-13 03:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Grab yourself a Kinship Axe.

Kinship Axe
(Great Axe) All Races
DMG: 30 Delay: 504
Occasionally attacks 2 to 3 times
Lv. 72 WAR

Drops off Autarch in Upper Delkfutt's Tower. Low damage, 2-3x attack GS. It's amazing for skillups. I also like the worms in Gusgen Mines basement to skill on. They are non-aggro, non-linking, and only cast spells outside melee range. There are 30 worms there, I think and it's an uncapped mob.
 Phoenix.Gaiarorshack
Server: Phoenix
user: MiavPigen
By Phoenix.Gaiarorshack 2013-08-21 02:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

if the combat skill is not capped for for lvl82 war
got to kill zvahl fortalices in castle zvahl past
bring a dmg 1-3 wpn lots haste and da/ta and no str or attack gear (prefferably -atk gear)
auto-attack the fortalices to death. takes around 7 hours if you only hit it for 2 in dmg.
they respawn in 30 mins
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2013-08-21 03:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

You can't get skill ups on retaliation or counter hits anymore, so afking retaliating on multiple mobs is useless.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2013-08-21 04:02:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Counterstance skillups was infact nerfed, but Retaliation still works.
[+]
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-08-21 06:07:08
Link | Quote | Reply

well aby is out or id say full regen low dmg weapon+pixies fought one on a mule for like 19 hrs lol
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2013-08-21 12:13:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox said: »

I'm 99% sure that it does not. You if you see skill ups it's because you're getting them when you use Fell Cleave, which is due to hitting multiple targets during your weaponskill and allowing for multiple chances at skill ups. However, the retaliated attacks do NOT give skill ups after the nerf. Like I said I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty confident.
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-08-21 12:50:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless it was ninja nerfed in this Monday's update, Retaliation still works fine for skillup.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2013-08-21 12:59:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't recall any retaliation nerf, and I've capped all skills on war with it and multi-hit WSs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox 2013-08-22 04:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Soothsayer said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Jamiemadrox said: »

I'm 99% sure that it does not. You if you see skill ups it's because you're getting them when you use Fell Cleave, which is due to hitting multiple targets during your weaponskill and allowing for multiple chances at skill ups. However, the retaliated attacks do NOT give skill ups after the nerf. Like I said I can't say for certain, but I'm pretty confident.
Unless they ninja patched it this week, it absolutely still works.

I'm 100% positive it still works (barring super recent ninja fix that is). If you'd stop cleaving mandies and just let leveled up onions beat on you instead, it'd work for you too. I used Retaliation skilling (about 2 weeks ago) to cap out GA from 340 in under 30 minutes.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2013-08-22 05:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

tested just now using war mule and scythe retal/aggressor only abilities used absolutely no nerf