Power Rangers: A Guide to Pewing
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 130 131 132
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-18 15:44:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think Mummu is BiS for anything on RNG. I haven't looked at it extensively yet although I feel like store tp is always better than trying to improve your white damage. I'll parse my next RNG T4 to see what RNG white/WS damage split looks like.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By SmoothC 2017-10-18 16:22:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I am thinking...but need to verify... Mummu +2 Hands combined with the Mummu Ring might become BiS for JR set. Displacing Ilabrat Ring and Kobe Kote.

Mummu Wrists +2 = 53 Dex +6 Crit Rate
Mummu Ring = +8 Dex/AGI (from set bonus) +3 Crit Rate

Kobe Kote = 38 Dex +4 Crit Rate
Ilabrat = 10 Dex

You lose the 5 STP and only 2 AGI from Ilabrat, but getting +9 Crit Rate and 61 Dex is pretty stellar. Also, Mummu items have more R Acc and STR AGI etc.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-18 16:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
But are they better than Store TP pieces? I won't really be using Jishnus.
That's kind of always been the debate particularly during aftermaths... can focusing on white dmg increase dps more than more stp... given their are entire crit builds dedicated to it I'd imagine some people think so

Speaking of Jishnu's has there ever been good crit testing on it?
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-18 17:29:08
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
The body does have Store TP on too though.

Oshohi +1 has 10 STP to Mummu's 6 (and also Double Shot).
By clearlyamule 2017-10-18 17:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's be honest here as bad as it is Nisroch is more realistic to obtain than Oshosi Vest +1 lol
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-18 17:46:53
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not.

But Oshosi NQ has 7 STP too.
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-18 18:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Orion jerkin +3 also has 8 Store TP on it.
By clearlyamule 2017-10-18 19:08:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I could see an argument for orion +3....

But for NQ Oshosi unless double shot is up or maybe capped crit rates or really focusing on that skillchain I doubt 1 stp is going to beat 9 crit rate unless it's making or breaking your xhit and there is like nothing you can adjust
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-18 19:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Sure. If you're talking about BiS though it's definitely not Mummu +2 (at least for shooting), which was the original question. In regards to Oshohi vest, I don't think it can be beat during Double Shot (except by HQ.)
By clearlyamule 2017-10-18 19:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Given this original question was somewhat predicated on the weight of stp vs crit rate and that being in the air and you even saying you feel like stp would win but going to test it what besides Nisroch is definitely better? Because I believe we've come to the conclusion recommending that gets you in front of the barrage squad
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-18 19:54:47
Link | Quote | Reply

think mummu+2 is a solid choice for double shot down, with double shot up the obvious answer is oshosi/+1

and the only way nisroch is easier than oshosi+1 is if you suck horribly at making gil, an average of over 3 months commitment vs 200m is a no brainer
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-10-18 20:36:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Wait people are selling it for 200 mil? Sign me up haven't even seen one on my server
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2017-10-18 21:08:10
Link | Quote | Reply

guess they are more like 250~ on AHs still, not that theres much traffic.. but they should drop

3 lumber at 1.1m~
waktza crest at 800k
2 plovid flesh at 1.2m~
100k in gold

new t0 seems to be in the range of 45-50 synths, so even making one out of pocket only seems to be around 297-350, then consider the nqs slowly move upwards of 5m still
By clearlyamule 2017-10-18 21:37:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Think the real hard part is finding the Plovid. Hardly anyone does Vagary outside of campaign and farming for that is kind of gross. Probably why it's so limited... also holy hell nqs still selling for 9 mil on shiva
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Server: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-10-19 01:56:21
Link | Quote | Reply

yes

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Samdamahn
Server: Shiva
user: XxYashaxX
By Shiva.Samdamahn 2017-10-21 13:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

/kneel to pew
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-26 03:06:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to look at the damage split on T4, but I did some Pakecet just now (about 12 of them) and recorded it.

76.4% of my damage was from Coronach
23.6% of my damage was from ranged attacks

Coronach damage is lower than Jishnu's or Last Stand, so in those cases you could expect an even higher WS/White damage ratio. I think the choice between Store TP and Critical Hit Rate should be easy if you're using scaling fTP weaponskills like Last Stand. Even with Jishnu's and AM3 (white damage +50%) I think it would be hard to justify it.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-10-26 07:52:22
Link | Quote | Reply

am3 should be about 100% auto attack damage not 50%
By clearlyamule 2017-10-26 11:11:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
I forgot to look at the damage split on T4, but I did some Pakecet just now (about 12 of them) and recorded it.

76.4% of my damage was from Coronach
23.6% of my damage was from ranged attacks

Coronach damage is lower than Jishnu's or Last Stand, so in those cases you could expect an even higher WS/White damage ratio. I think the choice between Store TP and Critical Hit Rate should be easy if you're using scaling fTP weaponskills like Last Stand. Even with Jishnu's and AM3 (white damage +50%) I think it would be hard to justify it.
Well I doubt anyone thought white dmg would be higher... but by itself means little. Like in the above case just taking that you'd think hey just focus on ws except any stp past an X-hit does little to nothing. Jishnu's a tad harder to figure out because so little testing done on ranged crits... hopefully I can get some done soon

In scaling one yes they scale ws and that will almost certainly make 1 stp > 1 crit rate/dmg for overall dmg... and so a full crit build might not be optimal. But it's not all or nothing. What about when it's 9 crit to 2 stp or 10 to 1? What is the break off point?

Which actually isn't that hard to math out once you got some sets to work with just a tad time consuming especially dealing with recycle procs... unless the spreadsheet is still up to date and working then maybe not too bad? idk haven't seen them much lately. But really quick math shows outside of changing xhits (which is a no brainer then) 2 stp would only add a fraction of a percent to last stand dmg.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snaps
By Fenrir.Snaps 2017-10-26 14:44:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I wouldn't recommend using a spreadsheet to evaluate this. They have shown to be very far off reality when it comes to observed WS/white damage ratios. Fortunately ranged crits are easy to calculate because they work differently than melee.

Assuming you were capped critical hit rate (15% + 5% from merits) and were using adhemar +1 hands/legs for TP phase (+4%), the following napkin math should be equivalent to your white damage boost.

b0 = (1.25 * (1.45 + .08)) * (.29) + (1 - .29)
b1 = (1.25 * (1.45 + .08)) * (.29 + .09) + (1 - .29 - .09)
(b1 - b0)/b0 = 0.064940199663932

So a 6.49% boost to white damage. This seems reasonable given how dead aim + ranged crits work. If you use this with the split I observed you can see the actual DPS increase.

(b1 - b0)/b0 * .236 = 0.01532588712068795

So a 1.53% DPS boost from adding 9% crit rate. I did make some assumptions about my base crit rate (which I didn't report) but doing the same math using a floored crit rate still only leads to a 1.72% DPS boost. It's pretty underwhelming.

The weight of adding critical hit rate will change depending on whether you're using empyrean aftermath but I still would wager that the actual effect is much lower than what people think it is.

In regards to x-hit builds, it's more complicated than that. You can't rely on a static number of store TP to get achieve an x-hit build because roll potency/recycle procs are not constant. Even with Crooked XI Sam roll last night, there were times where I would still end up with 985~995 TP because of recycle procs. This sensitivity is especially true for lower delay weapons like Annihilator/Gandiva/Gastraphetes.

That said I don't have any reasonable method to compare the two (Store TP vs Critical Hit Rate). Just pointing out that in practice, crit builds tend to underperform our expectations.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-10-26 16:27:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Wonder why that is? The math on it isn't difficult just very involved given things like recycle procs. Edit: here was actually thinking how they could get dps wrong but getting white to ws dmg wrong is really weird.

Looks about right. Though remember the extra dmg to ws from 1 stp will also be very underwhelming and less than you'd think.

Math is a bit more annoying but super basic Chronos/Form should be 169 base tp so we let's assume 1 stp gives 2 more tp per hit (it's really between but let's round up as will happen sometimes). So 4-6 more tp per ws depending on how hits it takes. Best case scenario (at least in terms of for that extra tp.) 1k tp would be ~2.2 vs 2.2006 or .027% increase in just the ws dmg even less though much would require a lot more math or a parse with splits using the more powerful ws.

Forgot about sams roll was only factoring in recycle which didn't change the xhit with builds I was looking at on it's own but more stp would change that and varying of course makes things all crazy.

My main thought is sure a crit build might underperform and is doubtful optimal but that there has to be a break point... and so we shouldn't think of it as 1 stp > ∞ crit rate/dmg. And while most slots the options you are pretty much just trading 1 for 1 and so not worth exploring think should keep an open mind. Like I doubt I'll make a crit mid shot build... but gunna use the hell out of that which will not be named

Comparing depends on what you consider reasonable... we have all the math but yeah would take a lot of math to fully compare...so guess someone would have to fix whatever is wrong with the spreadsheet or have more time than I do lol. And even if you did that I don't think you can reasonable gear based on roll potency lol.
By eliroo 2017-11-09 14:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking to come back for my yearly ffxi time sink, just curious about how my favorite job is doing. Is Ranger finding some more viability these dies or is the end game meta still really strict?
 Bahamut.Baozzer
Server: Bahamut
user: baozzer
By Bahamut.Baozzer 2017-11-09 14:51:42
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG is pretty useful for omen if your whm is bad
By eliroo 2017-11-09 14:54:35
Link | Quote | Reply

That is a pretty sad assessment if that's the current state of RNG :(
 Shiva.Arislan
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2017-11-09 15:15:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Ranged attacking is viable for most of current endgame, and in some cases, the preferred method.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-11-09 15:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

RNG is totally fine for most content.

As has always been their niche, they sacrifice some kill speed for kill safety. Ranged setups are extremely viable for HELM fights, they're just not optimal, mainly because they're not SMN or WAR MS zergs. But if your group is more interested in safety rather than expediency, you're not going to be unable to clear content using a ranged setup.
 Shiva.Spynx
user: auron86
By Shiva.Spynx 2017-11-09 15:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Baozzer said: »
RNG is pretty useful for omen if your whm is bad
Very true but a good part of the blame is also with the DD not switching to DT gear before incoming nasty tp moves.

Back on topic, RNG is still a really relevant and fun way to kill endgame NMs especially as you have high damage potential (even if slower than physical as people highlighted) and bunch of nice enmity management tools such as decoy shot and relatively-cheap and easy to get Annihilator
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 110 111 112 ... 130 131 132