Ragnarok, Still Worth Making?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Ragnarok, still worth making?
Ragnarok, still worth making?
 Ragnarok.Godsmack
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Godsmack 2013-04-05 05:16:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Galiber said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
the only significant advantage going to Ragnarok because its more attainable and cheaper than 99 Ukon.

Is it?
Using current prices from my server: Dyna currency pretty flat at 6.5 each, Marrows are about 12M, HMP at 70k and dross at 450k.

Rag 99: 98 + 60 M = 158 M
Ukon 99: 105 + 27 = 132 M

Mythbusted, Ukon 99 is cheaper, by a decent amount I may add. Almost enough to make a good body armor.
Galy u forgot 3M to buy trigger for stage 85-90 ;)
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-05 11:27:20
Link | Quote | Reply

It also depends what your going to be doing with your war. Using a 99 Ukon offers a weapon that is on par if not better in pure DPS with rag, but it also offers the versatility of fell cleave, which can be very useful in certain situations. Also, MS upheaval is nothing to scoff at.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-05 11:42:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
It also depends what your going to be doing with your war. Using a 99 Ukon offers a weapon that is on par if not better in pure DPS with rag, but it also offers the versatility of fell cleave, which can be very useful in certain situations. Also, MS upheaval is nothing to scoff at.
they need to give us access to more damn ws merits, if i could do upheaval id be more willing to finish the damn ukon
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-04-05 11:49:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Rag is still the beastly weapon it used to be since they introduced Resolution, so it worth making.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-05 12:04:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Godsmack said: »
the only significant advantage going to Ragnarok because its more attainable and cheaper than 99 Ukon.

Is it?
Using current prices from my server: Dyna currency pretty flat at 6.5 each, Marrows are about 12M, HMP at 70k and dross at 450k.

Mythbusted, Ukon 99 is cheaper, by a decent amount I may add. Almost enough to make a good body armor.

i was taking the cost of at least pops for the 80-90 stages since you can't stand in upper jueno and buy glav shells. also don't expect plates to stay that low for long, once there's something to do in adoulin, unless they drop pouches.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-04-05 12:09:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Godsmack said: »

Is it?

Ukon price is of by more then 3M

25 m for 50 shells and 12.5M for scales

If you compare the time for the remaking trials for both, I would have to add at least another 5M net to the ukon cost since the NM trials are way more time intensive then relic.

Ukon 99: 25+ 12+ 3m + 105 + 27 = 172M

It gets spotty to argue over time etc. but My point is that think it's fair to say ukon 99 is more expensive.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-04-05 12:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Hotsoups said: »
I own both Ukonvasara and Ragnarok 99. I can definitely say that the great axe has higher damage potential than the greatsword. Bar mighty strikes of course.

This is especially true when you are getting crit rate buffs from either blood rage rotations with other warriors and/or rogue's roll.

The only reason I made Ragnarok for my warrior was because I actually got frustrated at all the new mobs with Crit defense/evasion SE kept pumping out. And even with the best upheaval gear I could could get my hands on for my Ukon, it just wasn't very competitive in Hal of Mul.

I would say that if you plan on getting serious about warrior, Ukonvasara should be your first priority, and build a Ragnarok later.

Just saw this post I disagree slightly in that if your serious about war do ukon 99 then rag, frankly I would do bravura 99 if you have ukon 99. IMO the pair together is slightly more useful then having ukon and rag. Especially now with the defense adjustments favoring hybrid builds in more situations. Oh and bravura has 20 more acc and attack over rag.