Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-10-12 03:31:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »
Bismarck.Nickeny said: »
Only time i jugo is dyna.

Anyone attempting to test?

Doubt it. The only person I think could pull of a viable test that still plays is LadyOfHonor, and I don't think she has any interest. Not enough content this month for me to resub, but there are rumors of new battle content next month, so we'll see what happens.

Just to be clear, I'm not throwing any weight behind the Jugo at the moment. I just think think this idea is worth a second look.

Haha you think I still play.

My last event in this game was outparsing 2 SMN on WoC as THF back in July. Unless Relic+3 gets me excited I wouldn't mind that being my last event.
user: Hiraishin
By Asura.Hiraishinsenna 2017-10-12 04:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bet that smn wasn't Giffor!
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-10-12 04:51:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If the SMN had been Giffor he would have died early on.
[+]
 Cerberus.Goldenfoon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Goldenfoon 2017-10-13 08:59:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I just returned after 4 years this past August. I built a Mandau to 99 before my break. I have quested Rudra's Storm, and I am shocked how good it is, and I pretty much use that with my 119 Mandau now.

My question is should I be putting a lot of effort getting together gear sets for Mercy Stroke, specifically building an Ambuscade Cape just for Mercy Stroke? I have already built a DEX/ACC/ATT/WS+10% one and use that for Rudra's Storm.
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-10-13 11:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Mercy Stroke is pretty meh and should be last on your list for a cape.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-10-13 17:31:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Goldenfoon said: »
I just returned after 4 years this past August. I built a Mandau to 99 before my break. I have quested Rudra's Storm, and I am shocked how good it is, and I pretty much use that with my 119 Mandau now.

My question is should I be putting a lot of effort getting together gear sets for Mercy Stroke, specifically building an Ambuscade Cape just for Mercy Stroke? I have already built a DEX/ACC/ATT/WS+10% one and use that for Rudra's Storm.

Mercy Stroke is as good as Rudra!

But you need TP at 1000 and you need to not use the Moonshade Earring. The moment effective TP goes over 1000, even a little, Rudra really leaves Mercy Stroke behind in the dust.

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
Haha you think I still play.

Excited or not, if there's a sufficient number of new bis items, I'll resub just to obtain them, then break again. Right now, I think there's just a bunch of new evis pieces, which is tempting, but not enough to move me.
[+]
 Asura.Giffor
user: Giffor
By Asura.Giffor 2017-10-14 00:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ladyofhonor said: »
If the SMN had been Giffor he would have died early on.
HaHa!!! Lets test that theory lady why dont you resub and see!!
 Fenrir.Melphina
Server: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2017-10-14 18:58:25
Link | Quote | Reply

So here's a question. Are any of the Mummu +2 pieces actually best in slot for evisceration? And would the set bonus make it worthwhile to use all 5 together in lieu of alternative pieces. The +2 have a really high crit rate boost and I'm contemplating farming up a full set of +2 for evisc, but I wonder if that's a mistake. Has anyone done any napkin math on the subject? I'd like a bit more to go on than gut instinct with this, but it "feels" like slotting all 5 together is solid. But the tradeoff on raw attack power for the increased crit rate is kind of hard for me to place an exact value on.
 Fenrir.Ramzus
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-10-14 19:10:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I can't see Mummu outdoing a mix of Adhemar Head, Pillager's +2/+3, Crit dmg augmented herc. Crit Damage usually always ends up beating Crit Rate for any Crit WS I've seen.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2017-10-14 19:27:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna have to agree. I just did a bit of a test in intense ambuscade (easy) and swapped out a few pieces of my normal weaponskill set for the mummu +1 pieces I had laying around in storage. Evisceration dropped in average damage severely. With the mummu I was hitting close to 50k average eviscerations, but with my normal set I was doing 80k-max damage every time. The only change between the two sample sets was that I threw in mummu head hands and feet +1 versions. Now granted the effect of crit rate versus crit damage is going to be skewed somewhat on that particular mob because of how he already puts up big stupid numbers, but that's a 30-50% difference. There's no way a +2 will make up that kind of a gap. Even with a small sample size of just two fights the weaponskills were consistent in each set, so I have no doubt upgrading the mummu set to +2 is a waste of time.

I have no idea what to use my fibers on now. Oh well, still time saved that's better invested elsewhere I suppose.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-10-16 09:33:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Ihina said: »

Excited or not, if there's a sufficient number of new bis items, I'll resub just to obtain them, then break again. Right now, I think there's just a bunch of new evis pieces, which is tempting, but not enough to move me.

This is how I expect I'll react to relic+3 finally being released. I had quit the game in September until December 2016 brought us Omen and holyfuckshitAF+3timetoresubletsgooooooooooooooooooo and then I entered the content dualbox and got
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-10-16 19:19:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Melphina said: »
I'm gonna have to agree.

You two are likely correct. It's been a good while since I've looked at my evis set. While the new Mummu+2 set gives an extra 20-30dex and 28-32% crit rate (all depending on whether you'd do 3/5, 4/5 or 5/5), but you lose a metric ton of atk and crit damage.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-10-16 19:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I do think that the ring has a place in an Evis set, though. With the set bonus, the ring is basically Begrudging with DEX. The only issue comes down to what piece you can drop to make room for it. My gut would say hands and ring are a solid combo, but that's solely theorizing without hard numbers to back it up.
 Asura.Doryl
user: Smacks
By Asura.Doryl 2017-10-23 10:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, i need advice for the best combo weapon to do a Erinys fight (just SA or TARudra's witouht engaging).

Vajra/Twashtar
Vajra/Martial knife
or another things ?

Thank you
By Brynach 2017-10-23 10:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think that Aenas/Centovente (tp bonus) is a pretty good option. @ 1k tp you get a 2750 tp rudras. At 1250, 3k. I don't, however, know definitively if this beats out Vajra in the mainhand.
[+]
By Boshi 2017-10-23 10:41:33
Link | Quote | Reply

magician's trial tp bonus dagger is definitely best offhand.

You don't have to do the last couple trials to get the tp bonus, they just add base dmg to the weapon which doesn't matter.
[+]
 Asura.Doryl
By Asura.Doryl 2017-10-23 11:22:27
Link | Quote | Reply

is Centovente better than Martial knife ?
Martial seems to have 1000TP Bonus too no ?
 Asura.Neufko
user: siskotaru
By Asura.Neufko 2017-10-23 11:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Martial knife tp bonus only works main hand iirc
[+]
 Asura.Doryl
By Asura.Doryl 2017-10-23 11:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Mmm ok thank you

I didn't do the magian weapon so i'll use Vajra/Twashtar combo^^
 Asura.Omgwhy
By Asura.Omgwhy 2017-10-23 14:25:39
Link | Quote | Reply

That combo isn't bad, i use Aenas / fusetto +2 (1k tp bonus)

Opo-opo necklace, rollers ring, turms head, and the ring from cait sith fight, for getting tp while sleeping + tact. roll.

Just have a sallet to wake yourself up when you need.

It is mostly about timing, if you see SA or TA about to be ready and you have TP ready as well, wake yourself up.
 Bismarck.Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2017-10-23 14:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Problem with Aenas and TP bonus dagger is excess TP. Generally speaking, I would recommend Vajra/Twashtar (or Oneiros Knife) at the start while TP wings are going off. Once temps are used up, switch to Aeneas/Magian TP dagger.

Don't forget that store tp works with wings. You can get over 2000TP from a 1000tp wing.

Also don't forget the Hide is a thing. 30 seconds prior to pop, hit SA + Hide. Have someone pop, then go do your SAWS, TAWS then SAWS all in the span of about 15 seconds if you pop your temps. After the initial barrage of WSs, switch daggers.
 Sylph.Dravidian
Server: Sylph
user: Eliseus
By Sylph.Dravidian 2017-10-23 15:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

TP Bonus dagger offhand is not your best option. You want w/e gives the best bonus to Rudras damage. You want to build a store TP idle set. It makes wings give higher TP gain when used, the entire fight should be completed under one party worth of wings. If you do this the TP of the offhand dagger is either completely or mostly wasted. Also due to the time constraints of SA/TA you end up gaining more than enough TP from rolls/meditate normally to make the dagger not as valuable by the time you WS. In my situation I just use a max taming, but ideally you would want to do Aenas/Twash.

Also, don't forgot to have all your thiefs wing at goblin than buy wings again.
 Asura.Doryl
By Asura.Doryl 2017-10-24 03:03:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for your advice, we won it 2 times (18 players)
For my tries, Vajra/Twashtar is definitively the best combo. With capped attack, my best rudra at 3k TP was 95K (without soldier's drink). With Aenas or Twashtar mainhand, my max was 80k.

I did'nt had time to prepare an idle set for wings, i'll dot it next time.
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-10-24 06:24:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I never waited until 3k TP to WS during Erinys, usually just went at 1500ish with single stacked WS's. But I didn't meticulously plan out my strategy or anything. I only went THF to two and was hardly paying attention the first time. And carried the damage hard my 2nd time, so think I did okay.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Server: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2017-11-01 10:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Casual THF here; didn't read through all 161 pages of posts.

That said, I don't really see much talk about the Mummu set (even with the recent update that allows upgrades to +2). I have not done T3/T4 Aeonic NMs yet so my views may be limited, but why aren't Mummu pieces discussed much? I understand the need for Meghanda hands (WSD), and partly understand Meghanda body (acc/atk).
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2017-11-01 10:58:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, the +1 set wasn't used for much of anything. and the +2 is just a little better. So, worthless + a little better = still worthless.

That said, it's usable, not bis so you won't ever hear about it.

Crit damage > crit rate, and It's basically rudra's 100% of the time over evis, so yeah.

(if you're under geared, evis can be better than rudra)
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-11-01 11:13:16
Link | Quote | Reply

You should still have an Evisceration set for skillchaining. Mummu hands (and/or maybe the feet)+ring should be pretty competitive.
[+]
 Asura.Ladyofhonor
By Asura.Ladyofhonor 2017-11-01 19:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I have Mummu legs/feet in a crit-based TP set to be used for basically amnesia'd scenarios. Also mummu legs are great for DT sets, since it has high magic evasion and DT-4 on it.
By zaxtiss 2017-11-10 15:16:09
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have a HQ TP set they could post? i'm thinking of gearing thf up soon and the guide doesnt really have a updated TP set
First Page 2 3 ... 160 161 162 ... 261 262 263