The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 224 225 226
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2017-06-24 08:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

We're here discussing general purpose for accuracy and his answer is "hyper buffed sets the way my LS does IS THE ONLY ANSWER".

Except we're talking about using 1 Bard, 1 Cor and food. Is that hyper buffed now? All you need is SV Honor + Mad x2, to achieve that level of accuracy.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-24 09:02:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
It's interesting that you're making fun of people for being a keyboard warrior, when it's really you and blazed that have been throwing out personal attacks.
I've never heard of you, or communicated with you before. Our first interaction is when You threw out a condescending "guess that's why you can't kill them without smn" blah blah.
Ragnarok is a small server. People who are your friends have come up to me in game today and told me not to bother taking you seriously because you have no f'ing clue what you're talking about and that you're a below average player, on a server that is drowning in people who can't clear V2 ambuscade on Difficult.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-06-24 09:52:20
Link | Quote | Reply

So, *** swinging from Saevel and Blazed, while claiming people are humble bragging about the fact they're bringing a COR and BRD to T4/HELMs?

Got it.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-06-24 09:57:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
It's just Ejin trying to take over the meta and boost his ego via internet E-thuggery and personal attacks.

We're here discussing general purpose for accuracy and his answer is "hyper buffed sets the way my LS does IS THE ONLY ANSWER". When brought up that there are a variety of content the answer is "use another job like SAM cause I'm better on it".

Actually, no. I was highlighting what WAR is the best at, which you seem to be oblivious to. Not once did I suggest people should change off of WAR when it isn't the most optimal, but don't blindly spew *** like WAR is better than BLU in lowman or SAM for solo multistep SC, because that's when your credibility went out the door.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-24 10:03:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
but don't blindly spew *** like WAR is better than BLU in lowman or SAM for solo multistep SC,

I never said either. You even went back and edited a bunch of stuff out of your posts when you said DRK SAM and BLU were better DPS then WAR. Then changed your argument to be situation specific follow by strings of personal attacks targeted at my credibility.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ejiin
Guide Maker
user: Ejin
By Ragnarok.Ejiin 2017-06-24 10:21:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevel's contributions to this thread:

• Always wear 1250 accuracy in TP/WS gear no matter what buffs you're getting!
• Using a BRD and COR means you're an elitist and over buffing.
• WAR is the best DD in every single situation in the game.
• It's ok when Saevel is a total douche responding to someone, but any sort of defense of an idea counter to his, it's instantly a personal attack.
• If you horrifically lose an argument, blame edits.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2017-06-24 11:33:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevel's contributions to this thread:

• Always wear 1250 accuracy in TP/WS gear no matter what buffs you're getting!
• Using a BRD and COR means you're an elitist and over buffing.
• WAR is the best DD in every single situation in the game.
• It's ok when Saevel is a total douche responding to someone, but any sort of defense of an idea counter to his, it's instantly a personal attack.
• If you horrifically lose an argument, blame edits.

Just another day in the neighborhood tbh
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
Server: Leviathan
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-24 11:51:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Again, no one is saying not to gear for every situation.

You are. All you've been doing is virtue signaling. You tried that ***awhile back and it didn't work out the way you wanted it to.

The original question was improving on basic sets for people flexing and exploring into playing WAR, not a specialized ultra zerg set that gets used only under very specific situations.

Quote:
Yet, you seem to lack basic understanding of the situations where WAR shines the most: zergs.

WTF are you smoking.

That just explains everything, your a SAM who occasionally use's WAR in MS only circumstances. That is why you information is so bad. You even said something colossally stupid regarding BLU or DRK being better pure DPS then WAR. That's some colossal derp ***right there. But hey lets pay attention to the grand stander after internet cookies who jumped in only after it become popular and not the person helping others kick *** since people declared "melee dead on high end content". Just keep laying on the insults and personal attacks, nobody here is buying it.

I mean he did make the guide, so I don't think he is a fly by night War, Saevel
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-24 11:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

He wrote it when WAR was bandwagon and then later switched to SAM when that became popular.

Doesn't matter the number of LS mates he calls in.
 Leviathan.Nitenichi
user: camaroz
By Leviathan.Nitenichi 2017-06-24 11:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Nitenichi said: »

He wrote it when WAR as bandwagon and then later switched to SAM when that became popular.

Doesn't matter the number of LS mates he calls in.

Ok you win, but I'm on Leviathan he is on Ragnarok.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-24 11:58:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
So, *** swinging from Saevel and Blazed
If I swung my *** you would feel it. I was responding to an idiot who provoked a response.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-24 13:17:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Wanna know what's really funny guys. This all occurred because someone took something outta context and you're both (all?) arguing the same goddamn ***.

Player asks advice on a starting gear set as he's just playing around with it---given some advice

Player is told how to take gear to the place warrior excels in (looks to be his ultimate line of thinking) ---is given advice

(Here's the kicker)both pt suggested having basically multiple tp sets for different situations and a high-end zerg set (all good contributions)

Y'all need to get blazed, chill the hell out and read the full ***impartially and you'll see you are saying the same thing.

Ejin and Saev are both fantastic players, try to look at it as colleagues and not competitors
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-24 14:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Vedder said: »
Wanna know what's really funny guys. This all occurred because someone took something outta context and you're both (all?) arguing the same goddamn ***.

Player asks advice on a starting gear set as he's just playing around with it---given some advice

Player is told how to take gear to the place warrior excels in (looks to be his ultimate line of thinking) ---is given advice

(Here's the kicker)both pt suggested having basically multiple tp sets for different situations and a high-end zerg set (all good contributions)

Y'all need to get blazed, chill the hell out and read the full ***impartially and you'll see you are saying the same thing.

Ejin and Saev are both fantastic players, try to look at it as colleagues and not competitors
Best left unsaid, but I agree. Was more like watching Sheldon cooper and Walowitz fighting over the same ***last night. Best is subjective to what tier, and buffs. Claiming one is better than another is always an opinion and not always a fact(can be both true or false) You both help out people like me who have been locked in 1 job for over 10 years and as entertaining as it can be to see both sides of your argument it over all detracts from what is needed, which is HELP. Would be a massive help if either or both of you and any others can contribute to the greater good of this and any other forum for the sake of showing not just talking about tier and buffs. More detail which does happen but not nearly as often as would benefit the masses. Baseline "Sparks gear" Augmented WKR gear, Delve and 109/119 af/relic/emp then Crafted and Augmentable gear unless you suggest SR gear over those. Please just stop the Popcorn parties you and other put on.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-06-24 15:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Leviathan.Vedder said: »

Best left unsaid, but I agree. Was more like watching Sheldon cooper and Walowitz fighting over the same ***last night. Best is subjective to what tier, and buffs. Claiming one is better than another is always an opinion and not always a fact(can be both true or false) You both help out people like me who have been locked in 1 job for over 10 years and as entertaining as it can be to see both sides of your argument it over all detracts from what is needed, which is HELP. Would be a massive help if either or both of you and any others can contribute to the greater good of this and any other forum for the sake of showing not just talking about tier and buffs. More detail which does happen but not nearly as often as would benefit the masses. Baseline "Sparks gear" Augmented WKR gear, Delve and 109/119 af/relic/emp then Crafted and Augmentable gear unless you suggest SR gear over those. Please just stop the Popcorn parties you and other put on.

Thing is I never stated anything about "my set", I used it merely as an example but I actually have several and that's just the "default" one before situational stuff. I listed a set of guidelines to aim for and encouraged someone to play around. I harshly criticized someone for saying "ignore accuracy and store TP cause buffs" in reference to generic sets for someone working their way up. Ejin decided to jump in and swing his *** around and it was hilariously bad. Then he got his LS mates to jump in too cause LS pride or some ***.

Guess Internet Thugs gonna be Internet Thugs.
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-24 15:23:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I think we all miss the point that DRK > all :D

/ohNoes
[+]
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-24 15:29:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »

/ohNoes

Dnc > Drk! :-P
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-24 15:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

/ohNoes

only in dancing like a pansy!
[+]
 Fenrir.Ramzus
Server: Fenrir
user: Venomfury
By Fenrir.Ramzus 2017-06-24 15:33:06
Link | Quote | Reply

the great 2-handed buff of 2007 was a mistake
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-24 15:35:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The rudras buff was a mistake. Had poptaru thinking they're are a real dps when we all know whinja is where its at
[+]
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-06-24 15:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Man I remember my hagun sam going for meh, to omg use it on everything! Overall disliked it because then I had to stop coming mnk to most events lol ....

But lets be honest the penta sam was just crazy fun/cool for the time.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-24 15:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

/ohNoes

only in dancing like a pansy!

That would be Dazzle not Dancing!
hahahaha
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-24 15:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Drk4life, remember kcing+tanking wyrms. Then SE nerfed our biggest enmity building stuff/changed tanking

Have we derailed enough yet?
[+]
By Taint 2017-06-24 15:48:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing was cooler than 93.3% haste with apoc. Nothing.
[+]
 Leviathan.Vedder
By Leviathan.Vedder 2017-06-24 16:24:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I'm just sad I never got to experience it when apoc was the end all be all, and how everyone lol'd at rag users!
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-06-24 16:41:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to topic at hand: gear tiers, Sets, Weapons, buffs and Numbers in group.

CP non apex, Apex, Reis,
Ambu tiers, Whats the deal with Tomahawk
Buffs that over write others
Food choices
Low/mid/high Sets and Cost vs obtainability
Ideal, Realistic, and Dream/minimum sets to solo in low man and HELM sets.
By Blazed1979 2017-06-24 17:47:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Taint said: »
Nothing was cooler than 93.3% haste with apoc. Nothing.
Not even BRD/NIN Mazurka tanking? C'mon man, I'm sure you can appreciate the fun we had cure 1'ing Kom and then spamming that ***until Nidhogg felt the need to boogie.
No hard feelings. Those random BRD mules were either me or someone else with Arenz XD.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-06-24 18:05:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Back to topic at hand: gear tiers, Sets, Weapons, buffs and Numbers in group.

CP non apex, Apex, Reis,
Ambu tiers, Whats the deal with Tomahawk
Buffs that over write others
Food choices
Low/mid/high Sets and Cost vs obtainability
Ideal, Realistic, and Dream/minimum sets to solo in low man and HELM sets.

Dual wielding Viking Axes and 2x HQ Sniper Rings, life belt and an optical hat is the answer. /MNK for stacking Focus with Aggressor.
Good luck getting a Hakutaku Alliance together though, and finding an Alchemist that can synth the pop for you.
[+]
 Fenrir.Cherrywine
By Fenrir.Cherrywine 2017-06-24 20:37:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Equip a BRD in every slot but the weapon. You want a GEO there and as your grip. Situationally wear a COR as a cape.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-06-24 21:19:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Cherrywine said: »
Equip a BRD in every slot but the weapon. You want a GEO there and as your grip. Situationally wear a COR as a cape.

Hold on now, COR is a belt. Everybody knows that.
 Lakshmi.Lenus
Server: Lakshmi
user: Lenus
By Lakshmi.Lenus 2017-07-10 22:24:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I just returned to the game after a 3 month break to finally finish my rag and decided to play WAR.

Whats the best set for tp, reso, scourge assuming I always have a bard, corsair and idris geo in every situation on Lv 1 targets?

Or is the answer play blu?

thx
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 83 84 85 ... 224 225 226