Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 224 225 226
By BilunSalaes 2017-01-29 19:37:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I will piddle around with this one. Thank you very much.
[+]
 Asura.Dinotron
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dinotron
By Asura.Dinotron 2017-01-30 14:10:25
Link | Quote | Reply

For the Reisenjima Val/Ody sets, what augments should we be going for as WAR?

I've been trying to get +4-5 DA or +5-8 STP with at least +20acc. Even then, a lot of the pieces seem worse than the HQ Flamma set (Which I wish I could get with the Ambuscade vouchers) and only seem better if you somehow get +atk & STR/DEX as well. Are there any other "special" stats besides DA/STP that are worth keeping?

Also, what are your opinions on the Escha Ru'Aun JSE weapon, Instigator? I went path B (DMG+30, STR+20, Acc+15) and it seems great, but I always see Minos suggested which has a very enticing +10% DA & +70acc.

Thanks!
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-30 14:17:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Dinotron said: »
I've been trying to get +4-5 DA or +5-8 STP with at least +20acc. Even then, a lot of the pieces seem worse than the HQ Flamma set (Which I wish I could get with the Ambuscade vouchers) and only seem better if you somehow get +atk & STR/DEX as well. Are there any other "special" stats besides DA/STP that are worth keeping?

I focused on Store TP on my Odyssean legs and Valorous feet. Have Accuracy +31 Store TP +4 on the legs and Accuracy +35 Store TP +7 on the feet. I use HQ Emicho Body + Hands for the extreme accuracy, 9% DA and 7 Store TP between the slots. I use the Flamma +1 head because I need the Store TP since switching to Utu grip.

Which brings me to the weakness of Flamma +1, it doesn't have enough haste on it. With all Flamma +1 your going to be short on haste even with Ioska belt, this forces you to use the Gracile grip, which is fine for a starter build but there are better choices. By swaping in some other gear you can raise your haste those few points needed to be capped without the grip and use a Store TP or the Utu grip instead.

Don't focus too much on DA augments unless your making a Resolution WS set, on those augmented pieces Store TP becomes from valuable in general.

Basically
10 DA > 10 Store TP > 6/7 Store TP > 3/4 DA.

For TP sets I highly recommend pellucid stones, one less Store TP is perfectly acceptable for the extra accuracy, and you need that accuracy.

For weapons, Minos is a starter weapon to give a player the necessary accuracy + DA boost needed until they start getting well augmented resisen gear and abjuration gear. Then they can switch to the augmented Reisen weapons which are OMFGBBQ powerful.
 Asura.Dinotron
user: dinotron
By Asura.Dinotron 2017-01-30 14:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevel, thank you for another informative post. It will definitely help me in augmenting my gear.

I do have a general stat/gear question as well. I've heard you say that you want to have 1100-1200 accuracy unbuffed for any serious endgame stuff. What about other stats like STR/Attack/DA/TP/etc? Is there a good ratio for these or specific #'s you want to hit in TP/WS sets? (For both GA/GS)

I assume that's kind of a open ended question, but as someone returning to the game any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank you again.
 Shiva.Siviard
Server: Shiva
user: Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-01 16:16:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm trying to find the post that showed recommended augments for a Cichol's Mantle specifically for a Cloudsplitter build, but I'm unable to locate it.

Can someone repost it please?
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-02-01 16:21:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Siviard said: »
I'm trying to find the post that showed recommended augments for a Cichol's Mantle specifically for a Cloudsplitter build, but I'm unable to locate it.

30STR/10WSD
add MACC if you have extra capes or just use a ACC/ATT augment and use it for other ws too.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-01 16:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »

30STR/10WSD
add MACC if you have extra capes or just use a ACC/ATT augment and use it for other ws too.

I already have a WAR cape made specifically for TP/physical WS (30 STR, 30 Acc/20 Atk, Dbl. Atk +10%). This new cape will specifically be for my Cloudsplitter build as I'm currently using the Argochampsa Mantle (+12 MAB) in my set.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-01 16:53:13
Link | Quote | Reply

You should have a STR WSD cape also, that would work with CS along with Savage, Mistral and a handful of one hit high fTP WS's.
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-01 18:46:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Doing some initial testing with my updated Cloudsplitter set.

No Restraint, no food, no other JA, max dmg Cloudsplitter (3000 TP) before set got updated 13,294

Post updated set. Again, no Restraint, no food, no other JA active, 3000 TP unresisted max dmg Cloudsplitter = 14,615

This is with STR +30, M. Acc/M. Dmg +20, WS DMG +10% WAR cape, and I also got some Skirmish stones with hallmarks and managed to add 1 more MAB to my Kumbhakharna <sp?> and added another WS Dmg +1% (+4% total) on the axe.

Target mobs were Apex Eruca and Apex Raptor. I was getting the same numbers on both targets.
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2017-02-04 14:01:21
Link | Quote | Reply

So i just finished my rag got decent tp and reso set but im a little lost on what to stack for a scourge set.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-02-04 14:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

No Restraint, no food, no other JA, max dmg Cloudsplitter (3000 TP) before set got updated 13,294

Post updated set. Again, no Restraint, no food, no other JA active, 3000 TP unresisted max dmg Cloudsplitter = 14,615

This is with STR +30, M. Acc/M. Dmg +20, WS DMG +10% WAR cape, and I also got some Skirmish stones with hallmarks and managed to add 1 more MAB to my Kumbhakharna <sp?> and added another WS Dmg +1% (+4% total) on the axe.

Target mobs were Apex Eruca and Apex Raptor. I was getting the same numbers on both targets.

how does Blurred Shield stack up against Ecu with the WSD 5
 Shiva.Siviard
By Shiva.Siviard 2017-02-04 15:17:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »

how does Blurred Shield stack up against Ecu with the WSD 5

You know what? I don't think I ever actually tested that! But if I recall from when I had upgraded to Blurred Shield from Thueallic Ecu, the Blurred Shield was better by a little bit.

This is what I'm using in my Cloudsplitter set as of late.

ItemSet 337624

Axe augments: STR +16, MAB +15, WS DMG +4%
Jumalik Helm: MND +8, MAB +14
Founder's Breastplate: Max augments
Ody. Gauntlets: M. Acc +25, MAB +25, WS DMG +1%
Ody. Cuisses: MAB +25, WS DMG +2%
Ody. Greaves: M. Acc +14, MAB +43
Cichol's Mantle: STR +30, M. Acc/M. DMG +20, WS DMG +10%
/RDM sub job: +25 MAB

Totals for relevant stats: MAB +239, M. Acc +149, STR 107+165, MND 95+83, WS DMG +30%
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-19 01:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Qustions on Great Axe probably a bit old and I did not look back to read 70+ pages to find if this has been talked about.

Kirin Great Axe Reikiono vs Honadenon
Which is better choice?

No plans on making REMA but more for all around Ambu and Cp farming til I can get a Rag made
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-02-19 01:27:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Would ignore those and do Minos or Reisen T2 Gaxe.
 Leviathan.Brotherhood
Server: Leviathan
user: bluecop81
By Leviathan.Brotherhood 2017-02-19 01:43:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Already have these 2, hence the asking.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2017-02-19 01:50:08
Link | Quote | Reply

And again, my answer would still be the same. You already stated you didn't plan on making an REMA Gaxe. Minos is pretty damn good weapon for the effort and is hard to beat in most situations.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-19 07:00:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Brotherhood said: »
Already have these 2, hence the asking.

Minos and Agonoshe are the next best things. Agonoshe is amazing but you need to play the random augment game, Minos is epic for CP parties because of it's raw stats.
[+]
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2017-02-21 02:54:04
Link | Quote | Reply

49 str 3% da vs 35 str 8% da for my resolution legs? I get a little lost at my main aim for reso should be str or da
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-02-21 09:38:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pretre said: »
49 str 3% da vs 35 str 8% da for my resolution legs? I get a little lost at my main aim for reso should be str or da

Make sure you don't need accuracy first but if you are only trading NQ argosy for +2 Pummeler's I believe the Argosy (49 STR/3DA) win. It becomes 14 STR for 5DA.

Edit: Don't forget about the Attack on Argosy over Pummeler's.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-02-21 10:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah if it's Argosy vs WAR AF then the Argosy wins for legs because of the STR and attack. WAR AF +3 feet are pretty amazing, the +3 legs are a good TP piece ~IF~ you can get around the Store TP issue without sacrificing equal amounts of DA elsewhere. The goal is 64~66 Store TP with Rag, less with the GAXE's.
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2017-03-01 04:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

what merits are wars going with these days? I dont rly play war but just looking to fill it out.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-01 09:41:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I went

Berserk 5/5
DA 5/5

Tomahawk 5/5
Savagery 5/5
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2017-03-01 11:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I did DA, Warcry, Tomahawk, Savagery.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-03-01 14:07:11
Link | Quote | Reply

And again, my answer would still be the same. You already stated you didn't plan on making an REMA Gaxe. Minos is pretty damn good weapon for the effort and is hard to beat in most situations.

IMO I prefer the T2 GAXE. Minos base damage leaves a lot to be desired.

I haven't logged on lately. But iirc I have:
DMG+24 DEX+11 Accuracy+23 Attack+15 Zanshin+1

Base Stats:
DMG:297 Delay:504 Accuracy+25 Attack+5 Great Axe skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +188 "Store TP"+5 Physical damage taken -3%

I'm pretty happy with it. Sure Minos has 10% Double Attack and 5 Crit going for it.

I'm already pushing about 70-80% multi attack depending on my gear set though. YMMV

The nice thing about Aganoshe is the native store tp, high damage, high accuracy potential.

I'd be losing about 47 damage if I used a Minos.

Personally you would be better off playing the stone lottery vs buying plutons/boulders to upgrade the Minos.

Both are good Great Axes though. I just wish WAR and DRG Oboro weapons didn't have such low base damage :/
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-01 15:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

The good thing is aeonics are free and both drg and war have very good aeonics. Not to mention that relic for drg is cheap to do and Very good now compared to any non-ream polearm (war might as well get rag, you will need it eventually).

I find most people who play "melee" already know that they have to compete with 80% of the playerbase (overabundance of melees) and thus a REAM is nearly a requirement now to do anything on said DD b/c of competition for that 2~ pty slotts. You just dont see Ls's taking non-ream DD's to stuff, so normally holdover weapons are just that, cheapest viable options to use to FARM up a REAM. Minos fits that bill nicely at 3m, and realistically will stay useful for what gaxe is used for (cp pty) sc'c. That is why generally minos is most desirable, less dmg but more sc potential (if you dont need the stp)
By suziq 2017-03-02 21:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Could anyone be kinda enough to share an updated gearswap please?

Thank you
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-03-02 23:28:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Personally you would be better off playing the stone lottery vs buying plutons/boulders to upgrade the Minos.

Minos has a lot more accuracy built it but the lower DMG hurts it once the player gets good gear. See you got your T2 Great Axe either while playing a different job, or from paying someone else to get it for you. neither of those are particularly appealing to newer players. The JSE weapons are bridge weapons used to get player's from Delve era gear into higher Reisen level stuff, basically from CL119 to CL135 without requiring them to do everything in between or paying a merc LS a ***ton of gil that the player doesn't have. Also the JSE weapons make great "high accuracy" weapons when just hitting the target becomes difficult (they actually become BiS non-RME when that situation happens).

Usually I suggest people get the JSE if they can't reasonable get their hands on the T2 GAXE. Minos is ridiculously powerful for it's level of effort.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2017-03-04 17:30:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh there is no shame in leveling GEO to get stuff faster. As much as I'd like to go WAR to everything; it isn't always possible.

I actually got my GAXE with a social linkshell though. Mainly went GEO because the set up needed it.

I started back up last year from a fresh character, and the worst thing a new player can go through is being excluded because their favorite job doesn't fall into what is popular. Sure things are different now; but having a mage job on the side helps you get gear a lot faster versus having a melee only (that wasn't blu or bst at the time).

Vagary clears are another example. Most people on Fenrir prefer manaburning D:

I did say both gaxes were solid options.

For awhile I was quite invested with a Svarga becaused I dumped a ton of gil into it for ideal augments before Minos could even be augmented.

DA+5 Acc/Attack+20 and DMG+30 something wasn't too bad at the time. The delay was a double edged sword for sure though. The TP return/4 hit was nuts.

For now I think the only weapons worth upgrading from Skirmish is Macbain and the 1 handed axes.

I guess if you absolutely do not have the means to fight tier 2 nms, get the Minos.

But if you have other jobs leveled and there is an Incursion campaign going on; get the Aganoshe.
By Zillion 2017-03-05 19:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

how much stp should i aim for on a 480 delay weapon?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-03-05 19:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Zillion said: »
how much stp should i aim for on a 480 delay weapon?

go download ffxi calc and figure it out (this is a tool everyone should be using). No one in the game can know this answer for you because we have no idea what your stp on ws will be, etc.

If you wont put in the time to download that really useful calculator, thats fine. Let me know what sub you plan to use, stp during ws, and then i can tell you what you should use stp wise for a 5 and 4 hit.
First Page 2 3 ... 73 74 75 ... 224 225 226