The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-22 15:31:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Correct, but they can be a good place holder until you get ideal SR augs though right?

Sure though you don't need idea SR augs, almost anything near the higher numbers will do. MAB / MACC +10 would work instead of needing MAB / MACC +15. A few days running through SR is sufficient to get a good set working, its' what I did.
 Asura.Dinotron
user: dinotron
By Asura.Dinotron 2017-01-22 17:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey all. I'm a returning player currently playing GEO, but interested in WAR as well. I've been reading through the posts in this thread and am having trouble figuring out exactly what stats WAR is after.

I see a ton of Store TP & Double/Triple Attack in TP sets, but what other things should be kept in mind for TP sets (like STR/Attack/Accuracy, etc). Also, what are the important stats for WS's as well?

Are there base caps to keep in mind. For things like Attack/Store TP/DA/TA/etc?

What 119 weapon should I try to snag as a newer Warrior? Do I immediately need a Rag/Conq to be useful?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-22 19:56:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly you need accuracy and for a good starter 119 weapon I would suggest the Minos. It's easy to get and will immediately be useful for you to get more CP and better gear, without being a big investment. Next you need a base TP and WS set, which is going to be a combination of Abjuration and augmented Reisen gear, or if you don't have access to a group for that then using Flamma +1 and Sulvia +1 with an Ioska belt. NQ Emicho Body + Hands is a great accuracy / TP set that you can build the rest off of, it's cheap and acquired without much difficulty.
By Bamboom 2017-01-22 20:10:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
If you like to gamble with Oseem, Odyssean augs can also be decent for matk.

They won't beat SR though because those pieces have MAB/MACC on them naturally then another 15 is added on via augment. Odyssean has low MAB augments outside of random DM stuff. The Eschite legs are the only ones you could reasonable replace as those only have MAB 25 on them.

Got these this week through DM but they are lacking in Macc:

These pieces are pretty far behind the SR stuff for Macc. Are they still worth using? Also when using cloudsplitter, do u guys eat crepes for the macc?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-22 20:41:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah DM lets you get some crazy stuff. I would use those, unless your actually having magic accuracy issues.

You usually eat sushi or some other food that lets you get TP, if your already capping attack and having issues with resists, then I guess Crepe's are fine.
 Bismarck.Shyral
Server: Bismarck
user: shyral
By Bismarck.Shyral 2017-01-23 07:57:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Firstly you need accuracy and for a good starter 119 weapon I would suggest the Minos. It's easy to get and will immediately be useful for you to get more CP and better gear, without being a big investment. Next you need a base TP and WS set, which is going to be a combination of Abjuration and augmented Reisen gear, or if you don't have access to a group for that then using Flamma +1 and Sulvia +1 with an Ioska belt. NQ Emicho Body + Hands is a great accuracy / TP set that you can build the rest off of, it's cheap and acquired without much difficulty.

I'm returning from a several year break and I've appreciated posts like these, and have been trying to follow this gear progression. I've got my Ragnarok to the base 119 stage, and am saving up to afterglow it, but it will probably be a few weeks still. Would you recommend that I pick up the Oboro weapon in the meantime? I know the damage looks significantly higher, but I don't know how the Ragnarok hidden effects compare.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-23 11:31:18
Link | Quote | Reply

having an AG Rag but not having the rest of the gear to back it up is going to hurt you, especially since CP is usually about making SC's and GS sucks at that. As a WAR you will have a variety of weapons and weapon skills to meed any situation you find yourself in. So yes I'd suggest getting a Minos and unlocking all the GAXE WS's, this gets you a bunch of really good SC options for CP and a solid damage weapon. It's only 300 of any HTBC currency instead of the 10,000 your going to need for AG Rag.

Your focus should be on getting good TP / WS gear not on getting a super weapon. Flamma +1 and some Sulvia +1 make for great starter sets with an Ioska belt letting you cap haste. Get a DA back piece, also from Ambuscade, and some Store TP rings and viola basic WAR set. Then you can hunt down individual NQ abjuration for specific slots and construct a resolution / upheaval / ukko's / ect.. set. Great thing about Flamma +1 is that it doubles as a Break WS and Shockwave setsfor due to all it's magic accuracy.
By Blazed1979 2017-01-23 11:53:21
Link | Quote | Reply

some great axe SC's at the start of this old video
By Zillion 2017-01-23 16:34:46
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone have up to date sets for ukkos/upheaval? mainly curious about which accessories to use, ammo/ring/earring/waist slot
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-23 17:03:01
Link | Quote | Reply

They are both really annoying to gear for, UF because it doesn't copy fTP and Upheaval because it's fTP scales only on first hit yet it also does damage from multiple hits and has a VIT modifier.

Ukko's
Code
	sets.UF = {ammo="Yetshila",
			    head=WSD_Head,neck="Fotia gorget",ear1="Ishvara earring",ear2="Moonshade earring",
			 	body="Argosy hauberk +1",hands="Argosy mufflers +1",ring1="Ifrit ring +1",ring2="Begrudging ring",
			   	back=Crit_Back,waist="Grunfeld rope",legs="Argosy breeches +1",feet="Valorous greaves"}

Upheaval
Code
sets.Upheaval = {ammo="Knobkierrie",
			     head=WSD_Head,neck="Fotia gorget",ear1="Ishvara earring",ear2="Moonshade earring",
			 	 body="Pummeler's lorica +2",hands="Odyssean gauntlets",ring1="Supershear ring",ring2="Titan ring",
			   	 back=WSD_Back,waist="Ioskeha belt",legs=WSD_Legs,feet="Sulevia's leggings +1"}

Code
WSD_Head = {name="Valorous Mask", augments={'Accuracy+17 Attack+17','Weapon skill damage +4%','STR+8','Accuracy+9','Attack+2',}}
WSD_Legs={name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Accuracy+20','Weapon skill damage +4%','DEX+8','Attack+5',}}
WSD_Back = {name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'VIT+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','Weapon skill damage +10%',}}
Crit_Back = {name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','Accuracy+10','Crit.hit rate+10',}}

I've run into accuracy problems with Upheaval because of its' VIT modifies so I focus a big more on VIT in that one. Also because if I'm doing GAXE WS's I'm usually using a Chango, my base TP starts at the point were WSD makes more of an effect then extra hits on Upheaval. Doing Upheaval at 1000TP with a GAXE other then Chango favors +Multi-Attack gear over WSD. Ukko's on the other hand goes back and forth based on how much base crit rate you have. At capped JP / merits with Ukko's and BR your crit rate is going to be capped or near capped and that's when things like WSD and multi-attack start to become stronger then pure crit, of course a capped JP WAR is going to have so much natural DA that it takes very little to push WSD as the dominate stat. And even then Ukko's is going to just be bleh on average.
By Jimmyballsack 2017-01-23 20:48:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Saevel, you're practically running this thread bro. Can you update the sets on the main page? It'd probably stop a lot of the elementary questions too.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-23 20:58:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyballsack said: »
Can you update the sets on the main page?

I don't have the personality nor the desire to deal with all the inane crap of people demanding "nuh uh my shiny weapon is the bestest best best evar!". So instead I just help out anyone who asks, either here, via PM or in game.
[+]
By Jimmyballsack 2017-01-23 22:36:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair 'nuff. Thanks for your service to the WAR community regardless.
[+]
 Odin.Willster
Server: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2017-01-24 09:13:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Jimmyballsack said: »
Can you update the sets on the main page?

I don't have the personality nor the desire to deal with all the inane crap of people demanding "nuh uh my shiny weapon is the bestest best best evar!". So instead I just help out anyone who asks, either here, via PM or in game.
So war af+3 legs not used in sets because of lack of stp? That accuracy and dbl is crazy
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-24 09:45:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Willster said: »
So war af+3 legs not used in sets because of lack of stp? That accuracy and dbl is crazy

Because I don't have them, yet. For TP I'll have to refactor but I already have a ***ton of DA and Accuracy, Store TP is where I'm going to be hurting due to Utu grip. The feet are where people should be looking, those are insane Accuracy, Attack, Double Attack and Store TP. In order for me to use the AF+3 legs, which is +9 DA in exchange for 9 Store TP, I'd have to find a way to put that Store TP on my body, which would have me lose 9 DA there (HQ Emicho + set bonus). End up with zero gain from my current sets.

Now what those AF+3 legs let you do is use the Flamma +1 body or a Store TP augmented Valorous body and bypass the need for HQ Emicho body + Hands all together. Essentially it enables an alternate build for those who can't / won't want to put out the heavy investment for the HQ Emicho Body + Hands. HQ Argosy still beats them for Resolution but they are a great secondary piece.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-24 09:51:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Here is my base TP set
Code
sets.TP.Standard = {ammo="Yetshila",
			    head="Flamma zucchetto +1",neck="Lissome necklace", ear1="Brutal earring", ear2="Cessance earring",
			    body="Emicho haubert +1",hands="Emicho Gauntlets +1",ring1="Petrov ring",ring2="Rajas ring",
			    back=DA_Back,waist="Ioskeha belt",legs=TP_Legs,feet="Valorous greaves"}

Code
TP_Legs={name="Odyssean Cuisses", augments={'Accuracy+18 Attack+18','"Store TP"+4','VIT+7','Accuracy+13','Attack+11',}}
DA_Back = {name="Cichol's Mantle", augments={'STR+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','STR+10','"Dbl.Atk."+10',}}

The feet have some godly augments, STR +7 Acc +35 Store TP +7 and some amount of attack I can't remember. The feet already have Store TP +5 Accuracy +12 and Crit Damage +4% on them, so those augments raise them to Accuracy 47 Store TP +12 which is pretty insane territory.
 Odin.Willster
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2017-01-24 09:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Willster said: »

Because I don't have them, yet. For TP I'll have to refactor but I already have a ***ton of DA and Accuracy, Store TP is where I'm going to be hurting due to Utu grip. The feet are where people should be looking, those are insane Accuracy, Attack, Double Attack and Store TP. In order for me to use the AF+3 legs, which is +9 DA in exchange for 9 Store TP, I'd have to find a way to put that Store TP on my body, which would have me lose 9 DA there (HQ Emicho + set bonus). End up with zero gain from my current sets.

Now what those AF+3 legs let you do is use the Flamma +1 body or a Store TP augmented Valorous body and bypass the need for HQ Emicho body + Hands all together. Essentially it enables an alternate build for those who can't / won't want to put out the heavy investment for the HQ Emicho Body + Hands. HQ Argosy still beats them for Resolution but they are a great secondary piece.
My bad, was just saying in general. I have the feet, guess I'll get the legs until I manage to snag a hq body
By Zillion 2017-01-24 15:56:29
Link | Quote | Reply

what about vorpal blade? been playing around with it and results are nice. would love to get an optimal set for it
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-24 18:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Its basically resolution set. I've gotten reliable 20k vorpals. VB is like a STR version of CDC. Smite has rendered must DW builds not competitive.
By Bamboom 2017-01-26 00:51:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Without HQ emicho body and gauntlets, would augmented valorous beat nq for both slots? Val body has a good amount of acc, da and store tp so it's very tempting to play the rng game on it.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-26 02:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Bamboom said: »
Without HQ emicho body and gauntlets, would augmented valorous beat nq for both slots?

Depends, with godly augments yes it can. The reason I recommend NQ Emicho body + hands is because you know what you are getting and they are extremely cheap (vs the HQ which are stupidly expensive).

NQ Body
DEX 29+10 : 39 : +29.25 Acc
Acc 27+15 : 42 : 71.25 Total Acc
DA +4

NQ Hands
DEX 34+10 : 44 : +33 Acc
Acc 27+15 : 42 : 75 Total Acc
Store TP +6

Valorous mail
DEX 25 : +18.75 Acc
Acc 20 : 37.75 Total Acc
DA 2
Store TP 3

Valorous Mitts
DEX 33 : +24.75 Acc
Acc 10 : 34.75 Total Acc
Zanshin +10 (since we're /SAM this actually works)

You can see that there is a very large barrier for Valorous to climb, especially the hands. There are other slots we need Augments in, Odyssean legs and Valorous feet and it's usually to focus attention in those slots. NQ Emicho Body cursed is something like 600~700K on Asura, hands 180K. Fern stones are 100K a stack and your going to need many stacks before you get something comparable. So it's usually economically smarter to use stones for the legs / feet and the abjurations for the body / hands.

Now for WS set Emicho sucks, it's not enough STR / Attack and that's where your going to want to think about augmented Valorous or maybe Argosy gear.
 Odin.Sneakky
By Odin.Sneakky 2017-01-27 15:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

How well can WAR tank with Bravura and it's aftermath?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2017-01-27 15:40:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sneakky said: »
How well can WAR tank with Bravura and it's aftermath?

How good is your gear?

I have a Bravura DT set that's pretty epic. HQ Soverighn body with the acc path, then the other armor slots are my usual TP stuff with accessories (except waist and back) giving me -DT. I reach 50% DT with Bravura AM up and still have full accuracy, haste and store TP. With retaliation I can spam WS's non-stop and be extremely hard to kill.

That being said, WAR is not a PLD or RUN and needs a healer focusing on keeping them alive. Plate gear with DT set means you are rarely flattened but your still going to take a lot of damage and your primary source of enmity is you smacking the enemy in it's face.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2017-01-27 15:45:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bravura -DT doesn't break cap, so it's mostly notable for more favorable hybrid DD/DT sets, less risk when caught outside of -DT gear, the usual 2hand relic accuracy boost, and the ability to more easily cap -DT to mitigate breath damage. Aside from that it's not notably better or worse than most other weapons or DD jobs, though Retaliation means that WAR's still arguably one of the "better" DD jobs to have in that situation so long as you can handle the damage taken.
 Odin.Sneakky
By Odin.Sneakky 2017-01-27 15:52:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Can I get a link to that? I am extremely interested.
 Cerberus.Clackk
Server: Cerberus
user: cocl
By Cerberus.Clackk 2017-01-28 15:44:32
Link | Quote | Reply

So I've been playing warrior a lot in Omen lately and I got an utu grip and pummeler's calligae +3 recently. This brings me up to a total of 79% DA, 4% TA, 1178 ACC and 66 STP /SAM . I'm trying to see if there is any possible way to fit pummeler's cuisses +3 in my tp set without dropping to a 6 hit. Here are my item sets:

ItemSet 346700
body: Dex+5 Acc+26 STP+7
legs: Acc+28 Atk+15 STP+6
back: Str+30 Acc/Atk+20 DA+10

ItemSet 346701
Head/Body/Legs/Feet: Path A
Hands: Path D
Back: Str+30 Acc/Atk+20 DA+10
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2017-01-28 17:09:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Clackk said: »
[li]3224165]So I've been playing warrior a lot in Omen lately and I got an utu grip and pummeler's calligae +3 recently. This brings me up to a total of 79% DA, 4% TA, 1178 ACC and 66 STP /SAM . I'm trying to see if there is any possible way to fit pummeler's cuisses +3 in my tp set without dropping to a 6 hit. Here are my item sets:
[/li]
[/ul]
ItemSet 346700

ItemSet 346701

If you want to lose exactly 11% DA just to gain it back with the 11% from Cuisses. Swap Emicho gauntlets/Telos Earring (instead of brutal). You would gain accuracy but lose attack and DA wouldn't be affected.
 Cerberus.Clackk
Server: Cerberus
user: cocl
By Cerberus.Clackk 2017-01-28 17:36:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Cerberus.Clackk said: »
[li]3224165]So I've been playing warrior a lot in Omen lately and I got an utu grip and pummeler's calligae +3 recently. This brings me up to a total of 79% DA, 4% TA, 1178 ACC and 66 STP /SAM . I'm trying to see if there is any possible way to fit pummeler's cuisses +3 in my tp set without dropping to a 6 hit. Here are my item sets:
[/li]
[/ul]
ItemSet 346700

ItemSet 346701

If you want to lose exactly 11% DA just to gain it back with the 11% from Cuisses. Swap Emicho gauntlets/Telos Earring (instead of brutal). You would gain accuracy but lose attack and DA wouldn't be affected.

I think that might be a pretty solid option. I just have to acquire a telos earring now. I think I stand to gain around 35 acc from doing that swap, which is great. Losing 30 attack won't kill me. Thanks!
By BilunSalaes 2017-01-29 11:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Good afternoon. I'm working on my Warrior again but need a decent gearswap LUA. Would anyone be willing to share theirs? I've put a very long time into my BLU and COR and am finally to the point where I can re-focus on my WAR. I will be using Rag but it will probably take at least another month to farm enough to afterglow it. Thank you.
By Asura.Leonlionheart 2017-01-29 11:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Pompeii said: »
any updated spellcasts with new gear as of 1-16-2014?
I love the complex one from Bokura but its not up to date and is a bit complex for me to mess with. I messed up old one trying to updat it >.>

Bokura just updated his pastebin with brand new gearswap for WAR(among many other jobs.) I suggest taking a look into that.

If anyone else has a gearswap they'd like put in the guide, PM or post it here.

I still use this, I like the keybinds here a lot
First Page 2 3 ... 72 73 74 ... 224 225 226