Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2016-11-28 04:35:18
Link | Quote | Reply

geigei said: »
Any flamma piece worth getting?
Head, hands and feet +1. I personally don't use feet as they aren't hard to replace with valorous greaves but hands are good for ukko's and tp (depending on other hand options) and the head is a strong tp option.
 Asura.Evildemon
Server: Asura
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-11-28 07:50:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have a gearswap that has bravura and ragnarok as well in it?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-28 08:53:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I got them all to store on Slip 23. Head / Feet / Hands are situational, Hands for Crit WS's, Feet if you don't have anything better, same with Head. I'm partial to using Boii Mask +1 for the Crit and Haste though Flamma +1 is probably about the same overall. Body is actually an interesting TP Piece due to the Store TP +8 and accuracy.

Overall Flamma is like Sulvia but with more offensive stats, TP pieces for beginning DD's. NQ Ioska and Gracile can solve the Haste issue until that person gets something better.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-28 08:53:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Evildemon said: »

You meaning with AM sets or just the appropriate Weaponskills? Rag doesn't really use AM up / down and Bravura's is a hybrid -DT set.
 Asura.Evildemon
By Asura.Evildemon 2016-11-28 09:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Asura.Evildemon said: »

You meaning with AM sets or just the appropriate Weaponskills? Rag doesn't really use AM up / down and Bravura's is a hybrid -DT set.

Not necessarily AM sets for rag. but definitely have standard/hybrid sets for bravura
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-28 09:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Sent a PM with my Lua file.
By geigei 2016-11-28 09:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I got them all to store on Slip 23. Head / Feet / Hands are situational, Hands for Crit WS's, Feet if you don't have anything better, same with Head. I'm partial to using Boii Mask +1 for the Crit and Haste though Flamma +1 is probably about the same overall. Body is actually an interesting TP Piece due to the Store TP +8 and accuracy.

Overall Flamma is like Sulvia but with more offensive stats, TP pieces for beginning DD's. NQ Ioska and Gracile can solve the Haste issue until that person gets something better.

For someone who cant go into hq's but can play val/ody roulette?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-11-28 10:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

For someone who cant go into hq's but can play val/ody roulette?

Essentially yes. Ambuscade Gear -> Valorous / Odyssean / NQ Abjuration -> HQ Abjuration / Mega Augmented Val/Ody

That's whats your gear progression looks like.
[+]
By Fennec 2016-11-28 14:17:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Does anyone have an updated Warrior spreadsheet?
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2016-11-28 19:07:20
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so iv just come back to game after over a year and my war is lacking. im 4/5 on flamma +1 set to try and get my acc to somwere near to 1100-1200, im trying to remember what to gear for resolution. after 1100 acc I spec for double att or crit hit I cant remember which
By Fennec 2016-11-28 20:48:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Double attack, Resolution cannot crit. Only weapon skills with Critical Hit listed in their descriptions can critical hit, such as Rampage and Ukko's Fury.
 Cerberus.Kaepernick
Server: Cerberus
user: habernt
By Cerberus.Kaepernick 2016-12-02 09:55:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello, I was wondering if any bis gear sets are available for great axe wars. I've been using rag and even though I love it, I wanted to give great axe some love especially after acquiring conqueror recently.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-02 11:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaepernick said: »
Hello, I was wondering if any bis gear sets are available for great axe wars. I've been using rag and even though I love it, I wanted to give great axe some love especially after acquiring conqueror recently.

It's a bit harder to gear for Upheaval / Ukko's, you need some augmented Odyssean or Valorous gear along with some of the Ambuscade pieces.

I've been playing around with those WS's and what's "best" is so damn situational. I use a Chango so I start with +750 TP Bonus and usually blow Warcry off the start, so my Upheaval's favor WSD whenever I can get it while maintaining accuracy and a smattering of multi-attack. At lower TP values WSD becomes weaker and multi-attack becomes better. Ukko's is a bit easier, lots of STR, Multi-Attack and some +crit / +crit.damage whenever possible. An issue I've run into with Upheaval is accuracy, if I focus on WSD / VIT then I end up with much lower accuracy then my TP set and risk missing hits. That's why I threw in Emicho body +1, it's got a ***ton of accuracy and 5%DA and lets me stuff more useful stats in other slots. My goal right now is throwing thousands of stones on getting VIT/WSD/Accuracy Valorous Body, a better Valorous Head and hopefully a better Valorous feet. If you don't use your WAR on anything high level, then accuracy is far less of an issue for you. My sets are far from optimal as I'm still playing around with them and trying to get a few extra pieces. Luckily Kings Justice is piss easy to gear for, it's just Resolution gear with a different belt. Unless your at 3K TP, which it then favors WSD and gets into the nightmare that is Upheaval balance.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-02 11:53:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, since I'm working off my laptop for the new few months I don't have access to my functional WAR DPS spreedsheet. Motens are from 2014 and I remember someone fixing one up and making it work earlier this year. Would anyone have a link to that? Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Avallon
By Asura.Avallon 2016-12-02 12:50:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kaepernick said: »

Kaep, get your arse on Asura already! There's plenty of people to parse - Saevel among others. :)
 Cerberus.Kaepernick
By Cerberus.Kaepernick 2016-12-02 13:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks a lot for replying. Your info is appreciated.
 Cerberus.Kaepernick
By Cerberus.Kaepernick 2016-12-02 13:17:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Idk... lol I like not waiting for ambuscade lines and high tier fights when I'm farming. The only downside here is the ah not having enough mats when I want to make a weapon. I'm actually thinking of making murgleis @.@
[+]
 Sylph.Braden
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Braden 2016-12-02 15:18:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys, since I'm working off my laptop for the new few months I don't have access to my functional WAR DPS spreedsheet. Motens are from 2014 and I remember someone fixing one up and making it work earlier this year. Would anyone have a link to that? Thanks in advance.

Here's one from Byrth a few pages back, was updated in May:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwvv08v5kg3bkfx/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20War%20-%20160513.xlsx?dl=0

Nightfyre posted an update soon after with revised maths, but I can't get the link to work on my phone so no idea if it's any good or not.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-02 15:49:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Braden said: »

Here's one from Byrth a few pages back, was updated in May:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwvv08v5kg3bkfx/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20War%20-%20160513.xlsx?dl=0

Nightfyre posted an update soon after with revised maths, but I can't get the link to work on my phone so no idea if it's any good or not.

Second link is broke, looks like it's not there anymore or something. Hopefully Nightfyre can repost it.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-02 15:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

What is your average Reso looking like say on something like Warden of Courage? Went War for WoC recently, and wasn't that impressed. Parsed towards the top, but my Resos were kind of meh. Are you holding tp? Or 1k and Reso?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-02 16:42:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Stamos said: »
What is your average Reso looking like say on something like Warden of Courage? Went War for WoC recently, and wasn't that impressed. Parsed towards the top, but my Resos were kind of meh. Are you holding tp? Or 1k and Reso?

You fire off at 1K as often as possible, don't hold TP on Reso. My averages depended if I had Warcry up or not, I tend to hold back a bit during the first 25% and then pop Warcry + Mighty Strikes + Brazen Rush and spam 50~70K Resolutions. With just WC up I'll hit 30~40K but if WC is down then it's usually 20~30K. Warcry adds somewhere around 50~60% additional damage to Resolution due to it's TP scaling. After I've blown both Blood Rage and Warcry, I pop a super revit and do them again.

My Typical (Assuming I don't die randomly <.<) sequence is
Pop -> Blood Rage for first 25% (help those BLU's out :D)
under 75% -> Warcry and pop SP's to start Zerg
After MS/WC/B.Rush wear off -> Pop Super Revit
Use Warcry again, then use Blood Rage after WC wears to ride the rest of the fight out.

If you have more then one WAR you can coordinate Warcry/ Super Revit use's and have it up near full time. I throw out Blood Rage to help the other DD's that use crit WS's.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-02 16:51:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, my Reso gear is very underwhelming. A few good pieces here and there, but haven't seriously invested in War like I have other jobs. But, wasn't getting anywhere near that. Was doing about 12-25k Resos.

As for BLU, probably better to spam Expiacion or Savage blade at least after Bracelets come out.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-02 16:56:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, my Reso gear is very underwhelming. A few good pieces here and there, but haven't seriously invested in War like I have other jobs. But, wasn't getting anywhere near that. Was doing about 12-25k Resos.

Biggest issue is probably accuracy. Check to make sure your acc in WS set and TP set is the same or very close, then it's Moonshade + Fotia and lots of STR / DA / Attack. WoC is kind of a high level target for a thrown together set, though if you have Savagery 5/5 with the head and the Empy body you will be boosting everyone's damage.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-02 16:58:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Have all the accessories/capes etc. Just really missing HQ Argosy in the scheme of things.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-02 17:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Have all the accessories/capes etc. Just really missing HQ Argosy in the scheme of things.

That's kind of an important part, otherwise you gotta get some really godly augments on Valorous / Odyssean (legs). NQ Argosy is great but it kinda tapers off at WoC and above levels. Might have to check your buff / debuff situation and swap out for some more acc.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2016-12-02 17:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks.

That doesn't sound too bad though. The Argosy set is relatively easy to make, just haven't invested too crazily into War since I am rarely DD. Despite it being my first 75 way way back in the day
By Fennec 2016-12-15 21:44:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd like to see some discussion as well as the opinions of others in regard to our AF+3, so I'm going to offer my own insight and opinions.

Pummeler's Mask +3
DEF:133 HP+67 STR+31 DEX+34 VIT+34 AGI+31 INT+31 MND+31 CHR+31
Accuracy+47 Evasion+56 Magic Evasion+73 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Enmity+12 Haste+8%
"Aggressor" duration +18 Physical Damage Taken -5%

Additional uptime of Aggressor is always welcome, as well as a massive chunk of Magic Evasion.  Definitely not a worthwhile first upgrade, but this is already an amazing macro piece without the upgrade.  We have better options for TP, WS, and DT sets, but for avoiding status debuffs this is now best in slot.

Pummeler's Lorica +3
DEF:163 HP+101 STR+40 DEX+34 VIT+40 AGI+33 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33
Accuracy+50 Attack+32 Evasion+64 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+4%
"Berserk" effect duration +18 Weapon Skill Damage +10%

Once again, top tier for magic evasion.  This piece will definitely be amazing for Upheaval at high TP levels, possibly Ukko's Fury, and an increase for all our single hit physical WS.  Two more seconds of Berserk is always welcome.

Does anyone have any idea how it will stack up against Argosy HQ and NQ for Resolution?  10% WSD helps the first hit marginally, but can it outperform the aforementioned pieces with the lower STR value?

Pummeler's Mufflers +3
DEF:121 HP+65 STR+28 DEX+42 VIT+42 AGI+16 INT+24 MND+39 CHR+29
Accuracy+48 Evasion+42 Magic Evasion+63 "Magic Def. Bonus"+3 Enmity+15 Haste+5%
"Retaliation"+19 Physical Damage Taken -7%

Leyline Gloves have one less Magic Evasion.  The hands seem to be a dud and won't make it into any of our gearsets, besides Enmity and once again, trying to avoid debuffs.

Pummeler's Cuisses +3
DEF:145 HP+85 STR+40 VIT+27 AGI+27 INT+39 MND+26 CHR+26
Accuracy+56 Evasion+52 Magic Evasion+100 "Magic Def. Bonus"+5 Haste+6%
"Double Attack"+11% Physical Damage Taken -5%

DA+11%?  I can see these being amazing for TP depending on your Odyssean Augments as well as Resolution.  Once again, the magic evasion is welcome.

Pummeler's Calligae +3
DEF:103 HP+55 STR+24 DEX+26 VIT+31 AGI+43 MND+21 CHR+38
Accuracy+46 Attack+40 Evasion+72 Magic Evasion+100 "Magic Def. Bonus"+4 Haste+4%
"Double Attack"+9% Store TP +4

9% DA and STP4, high attack, high accuracy.  I will definitely be upgrading these first.

Feet>Legs<>Body>Head>Hands, imo.

Has anyone theorized any sets to utilize our newly improved original look?
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-12-15 22:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Fennec said: »
Pummeler's Lorica +3
DEF:163 HP+101 STR+40 DEX+34 VIT+40 AGI+33 INT+33 MND+33 CHR+33
Accuracy+50 Attack+32 Evasion+64 Magic Evasion+84 "Magic Def. Bonus"+6 Haste+4%
"Berserk" effect duration +18 Weapon Skill Damage +10%

Once again, top tier for magic evasion.  This piece will definitely be amazing for Upheaval at high TP levels, possibly Ukko's Fury, and an increase for all our single hit physical WS.  Two more seconds of Berserk is always welcome.

Does anyone have any idea how it will stack up against Argosy HQ and NQ for Resolution?  10% WSD helps the first hit marginally, but can it outperform the aforementioned pieces with the lower STR value?

WSD is pretty horribad for Resolution no matter what the DRK's thing. Absolute best case scenario, as in you suck so bad at WAR that you've somehow removed your own JT DA with no CP, Merits or any DA gear, your talking a 2% increase. The moment you add DA it gets worse and worse.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Argosy_Hauberk_%2B1

STR 46
DEX 41
Acc 40 (70.75)
Atk 60 (94.5)
DA +5% (7% if another piece is present)

vs

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Pumm._Lorica_%2B3

STR 40
DEX 34
Acc 50 (75.5)
Atk 32 (62)
WSD +10%

The DA easily beats the WSD and then it's down to 5 acc vs 6 STR / 32 Atk. HQ Argosy body is pretty hard to beat for any multi-hit STR based WS. Single hit WS's or Upheaval at ~2K TP favors WSD.

WAR's legs vs HQ Argosy gets a bit dicier, the WAR +3 Legs are missing attack and strength but make it up with more accuracy and some extra DA. Becomes really situational though they are an epic TP piece if you can get Store TP elsewhere.

WAR's +3 feet on the other hand are just holy ***balling.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Argosy_Sollerets_%2B1

STR 36
DEX 32
Acc 35 (59)
Atk 50 (77)
DA + 0(2) / STP +5

WAR AF +3 Feet
STR 24
DEX 26
Acc 46 (65.5)
Atk 40 (58)
DA + 9 / STP +4

So your losing 12 STR, 20 attack and 1 Store TP to gain 7~9 DA and 6 accuracy. The DA should easily pull it ahead in most circumstances. Those feet, like the legs, are epic TP feet provided you can get whatever Store TP you need in other slots.
By Justuas 2016-12-18 13:17:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I wish the op updated the guide, since he's still playing the game, or gave the ability to edit the guide to someone else.

Also, any good blunt weapons that war can use for Ambuscade?
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-12-18 13:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

There is a unity club and the name eludes me at the moment. Starts with an L. Seavel posted in the ambuscade thread.

I think I can speak for everyone and say I am glad that feet are the cheapest omen piece to make and they will be first on my list.

EDIT: it was starsomething and the club Loxotic Club.
First Page 2 3 ... 67 68 69 ... 224 225 226