The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 224 225 226
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-26 16:53:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I realize few people do this, but for the first and second steps, you can actually just completely change weapons and still skillchain, so long as you aren't swapping to single sword or single axe, although with a skillchain partner I WAS swapping to Sword/Axe to close a five step chain with Savage/Cloudsplitter and it's fine.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-26 18:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So basically you want to use GAXE and are looking for reasons to do so, that's fine. I don't play WAR with trusts, I have actual real players with real buffs and do VD dragon, my numbers are much higher then that. And Ukko's is a really mediocre WS unless your attack is super low and then it shines.

Scourge is not bad, it's not a super WS like Reso but the changes SE did really improved it. You stack STR and let iLevel stat vommit add the VIT while keeping +WSD on it.

Scourge one hit, 3.0 fTP +40% damage. Can treat like a 4.2 fTP for comparison sake but the 40% damage also effects DA' so "5.6" when that happens. 40% STR 40% VIT.

Ukko's Fury two hit, 3.0 fTP (2+1), can critical with +20/35/55 chance. 80% STR. Procing a DA only adds 1.0, so 4.0 fTP when that happens. On average half of your hits are going to crit.

Crits are now worth less then they were before due them still being a flat +1.0 while the attack ratio cap is now 3.75 vs 2.25 in the past. So Scourge is slightly weaker then Ukko's with only detriment being that Scourge doesn't scale with TP.

Of course none of that matters if your not getting ratio very high, which it seems like you aren't.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-26 18:12:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Well he's right about one thing - if WAR was the only DPS in PT with all that support, UKO/Conqueror would deal **FASTER** damage by using SC's.

Doing a 4-5 step light SC on Uko or Conqueror is going to greatly outdo a 3-4 step light on Ragnarok. I've tested this out several hundred of times on Apex mobs. How many you ask? Enough to cap my GEO mule's job points from 0-2100 outside of CP campaign - so yeah, a *** of times.

However, if you pit a Great Axe war (Uko/Conqueror) using skillchains vs a Rag spamming resolution, I think Greataxe will come out on-top again. (most certainly for conqueror, and likely for uko)

For Conq yes, for Ukko's no. Though Ukko's wouldn't be that far behind. Conq's biggest advantage is the enhancement to berserk which is like fusing a Rag into a Gaxe. That enhancement, along with AM3 procs happening on WS, enhance the damage on UF and Upheaval sufficiently. Ukon has ... STR ... and .. more STR. AM3 is nice but doesn't do anything for WS's, which means it doesn't effect the SC's your relying on.

We've been around and around this and as much as it might sting some people's pride, WAR is about more then just Great Axe.
[+]
 Asura.Brennski
user: Ogri
By Asura.Brennski 2016-04-29 03:59:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi I have WAR(gearing up at the minute) and RUN and for Resolution I was wondering what are the thoughts on Lustratio set?

I have limited space so if I can use 1 set for both jobs it would make inventory management much easier.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-04-29 07:15:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Brennski said: »
Hi I have WAR(gearing up at the minute) and RUN and for Resolution I was wondering what are the thoughts on Lustratio set?

I have limited space so if I can use 1 set for both jobs it would make inventory management much easier.

It's remarkably bad for it. The biggest problem is that some of the pieces have no accuracy at all, which is quite important for a weapon skill like Resolution. Also, it has very little multihit, and considering that Reso transfers ftp across hits you're not really doing yourself any favors.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-29 13:21:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Very very bad, that set is mostly for THF's. Best set for it would be Argosy +1, after that it's a combination of Valorous / Odyssean pieces and augments depending on what you get.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-04-29 16:40:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »

Very very bad, that set is mostly for THF's. Best set for it would be Argosy +1, after that it's a combination of Valorous / Odyssean pieces and augments depending on what you get.

If you go with the NQ make sure you be mindful of your ACC needs as they will be more apparent in harder fights.
(This is wear STR/ACC+ATT/DA augmented gear comes in.)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-04-29 16:47:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Adding on to the above, Lustratio gear also has very little attack (aside from legs, which have no STR and are thus terrible for Reso anyway). If you can push to ratio cap anyway then it doesn't matter, but Reso has an attack penalty and RUN lacks the plethora of attack boosts that WAR can muster.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-04-29 18:20:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Random...
Seaval how are you liking D'Chango: Upheaval?

You can ignore the crappy pun.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-29 22:14:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Im using on WAR

Aizkora +1 and Motante.

Here is the question.

Ragnarok ILV119 - I. Can beat this weapons?

Ragnarok ILV119 - I. Have only 224 base damage.

I have the money to upgrade that to ILV119 III But i wanted use that money for get another Relic or Even a Mythic ILV119 - I.

Nope the low tier rag loses
 Odin.Zadora
Server: Odin
user: Zad
By Odin.Zadora 2016-04-29 23:08:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fiasko said: »
Random...

I'm curious about this to.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-04-30 11:58:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Random...

It's interesting. AG Rag wins in pure damage vomit, Resolution is just that powerful when buffed. That being said, Chango's Upheavals are pretty damn nice. I've found out that Apex mobs simply don't have enough HP for a proper test so I've moved onto Escha NM's. If I can find a way to exploit a stacked SC then Chango lets me finish with a really big number. The AM3 resetting every time you do a T4 SC is a big limiter, means you need to plan around setting up for the linked SC and it's finisher. The TP Bonus +500 raise's Upheaval's damage by ~22% making it nearly as powerful as Resolution.

If someone doesn't have an AG Rag then the Chango is a pretty potent weapon to use as it doesn't require AM3 to really dish out damage. Wish it was TP Bonus +1000 though.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2016-04-30 15:42:00
Link | Quote | Reply

What is everyone using for gear swap?

The avail. LUA out there are kind of lacking compared to other jobs.
 Asura.Fiasko
By Asura.Fiasko 2016-05-13 13:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Random...

It's interesting. AG Rag wins in pure damage vomit, Resolution is just that powerful when buffed. That being said, Chango's Upheavals are pretty damn nice. I've found out that Apex mobs simply don't have enough HP for a proper test so I've moved onto Escha NM's. If I can find a way to exploit a stacked SC then Chango lets me finish with a really big number. The AM3 resetting every time you do a T4 SC is a big limiter, means you need to plan around setting up for the linked SC and it's finisher. The TP Bonus +500 raise's Upheaval's damage by ~22% making it nearly as powerful as Resolution.

If someone doesn't have an AG Rag then the Chango is a pretty potent weapon to use as it doesn't require AM3 to really dish out damage. Wish it was TP Bonus +1000 though.

I still don't know what Aeonic to do. (I am making the horn for honor march atm)

What do people think about using Gracile grip? Most of our tp sets sit at 22% with Windbuffet.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Primex 2016-05-13 13:58:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Random...

I still don't know what Aeonic to do. (I am making the horn for honor march atm)

What do people think about using Gracile grip? Most of our tp sets sit at 22% with Windbuffet.

Haven't had enough time to see what's possible and am also interested in seeing how this will mix things up.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-13 14:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know that I'll keep doing it, but here's a new spreadsheet version with the weapons/grips from this update:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fwvv08v5kg3bkfx/DPS%20Calculator%20-%20War%20-%20160513.xlsx?dl=0
[+]
By Tylaar 2016-05-13 21:33:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Byrth! Greatly appreciated.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-13 23:34:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Looked over it and it's solid for low to mid tier stuff as the highest target is a 126 Serac Rabbit at 1068 evasion. Anyone have the hard stats for Apex Bats, SR NMs or 130 Escha NMs? Those are the real targets to be aiming for. It has a huge effect on which path you take on Argosy +1 because you want the same amount of accuracy in your WS set as your TP set and path A gives that.

Also are the set bonus's working? If not I can manually add the required stats to the pieces to simulate them. The custom line is used to directly add this type of bonus.

I noticed that it was using the old 25% value for Berserk instead of the new 35% one. Is there a way to directly increase this number?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2016-05-14 07:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I didn't realize Berserk was now +35% attack. I implemented it now and you can redownload if you want.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-14 07:51:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah SE updated LR and Berserk awhile back. From sub Berserk is +25% attack -25% defense, WAR main at 99 gets +35% attack -25% defense, defender was also updated to be the same. Last Resort is +15% attack -15% defense +15% JA haste from sub and +35% attack -35% defense +25% JA haste from main.

When I get a chance I'll try to use the /check method to figure out the defense / evasion of an Apex Bat to use as comparison.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-05-14 13:02:33
Link | Quote | Reply

]

If you are going to use Gracile, you're probably going to want to use Kentarch +1 over Windbuffet +1. While QA is certainly wonderful when it procs, it's going to be hard to hit a 4 hit build without grip or waist unless you are using the new JSE back with STP on it, which imho is a waste considering how awesome that back is with +10da on it. Assuming you are using a 2hd weapon anyway. Kentarch also has 14 acc, and the grip has 10, so it's a pretty decent little boost.
 Phoenix.Felixia
Server: Phoenix
user: Felixia
By Phoenix.Felixia 2016-05-18 22:19:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I am new to war, been pld cor rdm for ages (with drk being my first job many years ago) Wondering if someone could post some decent to high end Rag tp gear + reso ws gear as well as great axe (only have a escha GA) tp set and ukkos/upheaval gear sets.

I've been drk for ages but stopped since i started pld since I was more useful that way, but got rag and apoc.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2016-05-19 02:47:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Dig through this thread as I've already posted some super WAR sets for GS.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-05-29 16:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Did a bit of poking around in the WAR sheet, ended up fixing some calculations while I worked. All weapons should see a slight increase in damage output, particularly at high pDIF. Crit-heavy weapons/WS in particular may see notable changes in damage output.

http://www.filedropper.com/dpscalculator-war-160529

I do not plan to do any further work on WAR's sheet at this time, so I'm not putting it in my usual folder.
 Quetzalcoatl.Chalek
user: Chalek
By Quetzalcoatl.Chalek 2016-05-31 22:13:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys,

what is the best augment for Cichol's Mantle, i did dex +20, acc/attack +20 but im not sure what for 3rd one.

DA +10
Stp +10

im Ukkonvasara usser
 Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia
By Quetzalcoatl.Trulusia 2016-06-01 09:08:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Chalek said: »
Hey guys,

what is the best augment for Cichol's Mantle, i did dex +20, acc/attack +20 but im not sure what for 3rd one.

DA +10
Stp +10

im Ukkonvasara usser

Does the stp drop your x-hit? Stp.

Does the stp NOT drop your x-hit? DA.

Realistically, find a way to get more stp elsewhere and get DA. This back increases DA damage, so it's pretty fantastic for white damage. On a weapon like Ukon, your white damage is significant.
First Page 2 3 ... 63 64 65 ... 224 225 226