The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-15 19:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
Just curious why STP on 4/5 Acro pieces for Conquerer. Are we looking to make a 4hit? Calc is broken following that update more than a few months ago and I haven't sat down and mathed out a new number needed to 4hit.

I'm thinking that since AM3 significantly waters down DA/TA he is focusing on getting to 1000 ASAP. Most of the time making such sacrifices isn't worth it for total DPS but AM3 Conq might be an exception.
By Chyula 2015-04-15 22:38:11
Link | Quote | Reply

get the best of both world, one stp set one DA set. stop being cheap.
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2015-04-15 23:34:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Chyula said: »

Considering it's 5~15 million per item depending on how lucky you are, asking someone to spend 25~75 million "just cause" is kind of stupid. Each person needs to determine their own optimal sets and build for that since changing a piece from DA+3 to STP+6 is cheap due to leafslit prices being the lowest. It's getting the Acc/Atk +18~20 and STR/VIT/DEX +7/7 that's expensive as f*ck.
[+]
By Chyula 2015-04-16 00:24:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Saevel said: »
Chyula said: »

Considering it's 5~15 million per item depending on how lucky you are, asking someone to spend 25~75 million "just cause" is kind of stupid. Each person needs to determine their own optimal sets and build for that since changing a piece from DA+3 to STP+6 is cheap due to leafslit prices being the lowest. It's getting the Acc/Atk +18~20 and STR/VIT/DEX +7/7 that's expensive as f*ck.

im loaded from begging.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-04-19 12:34:53
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 334764

Well I dont believe OP has been updated since empy regorge introduction, so this is what I want to wear. (Conq or Macbain)

Acro pieces 6STP and 3CritDmg
(Personally missing crit dmg on body/hands)
By Tylaar 2015-04-20 03:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

For general Conq set I have the same set in mind and giving best results from sheets too, Fiasko. Only thing I noticed is that with my Acro body augments (str10 acc24 da3), it does beat Xaddi/A, but Boii+1 beats them both by enough to make it probably more useful given the extra set bonus not factored in on my sheets on top. I did try swapping DA for crit3, but still found Boii+1 to win (basic 3 song bard buffs, acc food, flicked through existing targets in an older sheet). Not terrible news if you're like me and not having much luck on augments.

Looks like I need me some upgrades.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-04-21 11:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Edited my old post so might have been missed but any chance Yorium head is competitive? Acc and more stp on it is tempting. Aiming for 6 stp on each is a little annoying and this might ease the pain there too.
By minikomby 2015-04-21 11:48:56
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone could post the new Ukonvasara TP sets and weapons skill including empy reforged and Yorcia alluvion skirmish please
 Asura.Dwarfstar
By Asura.Dwarfstar 2015-04-24 13:12:38
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone willing to share a recent gearswap for war as well?
 Bismarck.Marmite
Server: Bismarck
user: innit
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-05-14 05:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

"The levels at which warriors receive improved Double Attack job traits have been changed from Lv.25/76 to Lv.25/50/75/85/99."

Still 2 hours left downloading... Can anyone confirm if they've actually buffed DA rate for a 99 warrior or whether they've simply staggered the increments more?
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2015-05-15 18:01:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there a WAR.lua I can copy from so I don't have to learn code that I will never use? >.>
 Phoenix.Armadaous
Server: Phoenix
user: Scptitan
By Phoenix.Armadaous 2015-05-19 14:43:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
Asura.Saevel said: »
Quote:
So what, you plugged in assuming no buffs at all?

And do you really not understand what those base DPS numbers mean?

oh wow, your linkshell beat perfidian and plouton? you guise must be really good! Maybe if I start using sub-par weapons and gearing for "real" events I can be strong too!

Fasaga: "Give it up man, no one is impressed. Haste effects do not effect both equally, as they have different delay values. Your throwing math and numbers around like there's no tomorrow but it's all two bit guesswork"

Lol. ^^
By Dsuza 2015-05-21 16:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just back from a long break.

So Macbain is the best GS for WAR now? If not then what is?

Also what Stones/Augments etc should I use/be aiming for?

Thanks in advance
 Cerberus.Fiasko
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-05-21 16:17:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Macbain is awesome / dmg, acc/att, DA for augments.
By Dsuza 2015-05-21 16:24:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the fast reply.

I'm totally new to the last few updates though.

So there are 3 categories I can add to the base weapon with augments?

What Stone is used for each category?
 Phoenix.Armadaous
Server: Phoenix
user: Scptitan
By Phoenix.Armadaous 2015-05-22 07:27:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Dsuza said: »
Thanks for the fast reply.

I'm totally new to the last few updates though.

So there are 3 categories I can add to the base weapon with augments?

What Stone is used for each category?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Alluvion_Skirmish_Weapons
 Asura.Failaras
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-05-31 18:23:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided to mess with some spreadsheets, trying to update them the best I can. I added in the JT, Berserk, and Aggressor updates of the last few patches along with Boii/Acro and some misc gear. Some things I could not figure out how to update: Boii+1 set bonuses, Devivifier's DA damage, some of the JT effects like DA attack+10, Boii Hands Restraint bonus and the Restraint JT. It is also lacking Escha gear and possibly some Vagary gear that I don't know about. However I did some work on sets.

All sets are based on: Berserk, Aggressor, Restraint, Hasso, Ionis, Haste, Marchx2, Minuet 5, Frailty, Fury, Dia II, Tojil, RCB. If you notice no Cor, I find that finding Cors is really hard and don't have any friends that play it so tweaked it to suit my own situation.

TP Low Accuracy
ItemSet 335557

WS Ukkos
ItemSet 335606
(Acro hands have Acc/Atk+20, WSD+3%, DA+3%)(Mauler has max augs)

WS Upheaval
ItemSet 335645

Devivifier replaces Lightreaver completely if you have it. If you are using Minos or Devivifier you need to find 3 more STP in your gearsets to get a 4 hit with only 1 hit of Ukkos/Upheaval. Probably Ginsen over Yetshila or something.

Something worth noting: With these setups, Ukkos is only a very small bit better than Upheaval with a fully JPed Blood Rage. Upheaval is quite a bit better (around 1000 more average per WS) normally. Warcry makes Upheaval absolutely crush Ukkos, Shiva buff does the same.

Edit: There was an error in the spreadsheets reporting of Fury, Warrior can cap attack without Chaos now on Tojil-esque mobs.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-06-01 18:48:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Curious to know how close Boii+1 body comes to the Yorium body you have in your upheaval set. Don't feel like making another Yorium set!

Also, if you would be willing to share your updated sheets it would much appreciated. Thanks!
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-06-01 19:04:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually switched it all over to Yorium except for head probably as you were posting that.

http://tinyurl.com/oyxvfz5 should show a link to the spreadsheet I am using. Things to note: All the "custom" stuff are Job Traits and JP. Also the Fury toggle doesn't work, so I just made Chaos Roll have the same potency as Fury and toggled that on instead.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2015-06-01 19:24:54
Link | Quote | Reply

That's awesome, thanks Failaras.

Yeah, I just noticed you had changed up that set. I will play around with those sheets for a bit tonight.
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-06-01 19:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm getting acro surcoat with acc/att+20, DA+3%, Crit DMG+2% beating Phorcy for Ukko's. Appreciate you may not have piled dusk into it though.

Also worth noting that there is very little difference (literally 1 damage) in WSD and Crit Dmg augments on acro pieces for Ukko's.

What are your dusk augments on Yorium please?
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-06-01 19:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I did +10 VIT for Dusk on Yorium. I'm actually getting +10 STR Acro Body to beat both WSD+3% and Crit+3%, but all the options beat Phorcys so updating.
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-06-02 05:42:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice, thank you.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-06-04 22:12:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Failaras said: »
Something worth noting: With these setups, Ukkos is only a very small bit better than Upheaval with a fully JPed Blood Rage.
Unless it's a translation error I believe JPs in this have a different effect. Seems unlikely though.
Blood Rage effect said:
Increases the critical hit rate of ranged attacks under the effect of Blood Rage.
Increases critical hit rate by 1.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-06-04 22:29:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
Something worth noting: With these setups, Ukkos is only a very small bit better than Upheaval with a fully JPed Blood Rage.
Unless it's a translation error I believe JPs in this have a different effect. Seems unlikely though.
Blood Rage effect said:
Increases the critical hit rate of ranged attacks under the effect of Blood Rage.
Increases critical hit rate by 1.
I skimmed over ranged, that is beyond silly.
[+]
By Tylaar 2015-06-05 04:36:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Guess we're just not playing WAR as intended...

Imagine those powerful crit hit Tomahawks!

Urgh.
[+]
 Bismarck.Marmite
By Bismarck.Marmite 2015-06-05 19:07:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh my giddy Aunt, didn't notice the word "ranged", typical SE, whether real or miss type!
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Orestes
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Orestes78
By Quetzalcoatl.Orestes 2015-06-09 10:35:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I decided to mess with some spreadsheets, trying to update them the best I can. I added in the JT, Berserk, and Aggressor updates of the last few patches along with Boii/Acro and some misc gear. Some things I could not figure out how to update: Boii+1 set bonuses, Devivifier's DA damage, some of the JT effects like DA attack+10, Boii Hands Restraint bonus and the Restraint JT. It is also lacking Escha gear and possibly some Vagary gear that I don't know about. However I did some work on sets.

DA Dmg is something Mote already had support for, given Agoge legs and Quihuiz had it.

Data tab, B209, should be changed to look like this.
Code
=(IF($Gear.B3="Devivifier";0.15;0)+IF($Gear.B6="Quiahuiz";0.05;0)+IF($Gear.B16="Agoge";0.05;0)+IF($Gear.B16="Agoge +1";0.07;0))*(B207*B200+B208*B202)+B178*(B207*B200+B208*B202)

For Restraint, it looks like he had Ravager's bonus there as well, on D227. Here's Boii +1's bonus added in.
Code
=IF($Setup.F6=0;1;1+MIN(((B183-60)/400*D229)/100*IF($Gear.B11="Ravager +1";1.5;IF($Gear.B11="Ravager +2";2;IF($Gear.B11="Boii +1";2.1;1)));0.25)) 

I haven't had time to mess with the other stuff yet.

Also, I may have missed it, but what changed with Aggressor?
[+]
 Asura.Fiv
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-06-09 10:55:45
Link | Quote | Reply

We should probably be complaining about that job point category and hope it gets changed like blue magic learning chance when the blue mages cried enough. I feel like i would if i had an official forum account, but i can't be bothered to make one. Also better chance that gets fixed then us actually getting great axe weaponskills fixed.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54 ... 224 225 226