users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 224 225 226
By palladin9479 2015-03-12 13:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ejiin said: »
Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
Can anyone confirm a +5 crit dmg cape? I know it's listed as possible on bg, but we've used lots of crystals and never seen above +2 and +3 from incursion.

Looking back, there was only one report of it going up to 5. No screenshot or confirmation of actually seeing it, though.

For the sake of our wallets, I think it's safe to assume the reports of 5% and what the wikis have listed are wrong and the actual cap is 3% until someone can provide proof it goes higher.

I've traded a sh!t ton of crystals and the best cape I an get is
STR +5
DEX +4
Acc +3
Crit Hit Damage +2%

I've see +5 in the other three stats but never more then +2 on the CHD though I can expect that someone else might of seen a +3. That makes a +4 or +5 very unlikely as it should of shown up already, even if just a random single stat augment.
By Fing 2015-03-12 14:05:52
Link | Quote | Reply

confirming 3% crit hit damage augment:

Cerberus.Fiasko
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-03-13 11:16:55
Link | Quote | Reply

You can get 6 ACC on Mauler's
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-13 16:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's a fairly safe assumption to say that caps are
str/dex +5, acc +6, and crit dmg +3.

Edit: beaten on the last page!

Can anyone confirm a +5 crit dmg cape? I know it's listed as possible on bg, but we've used lots of crystals and never seen above +2 and +3 from incursion.

Looking back, there was only one report of it going up to 5. No screenshot or confirmation of actually seeing it, though.

For the sake of our wallets, I think it's safe to assume the reports of 5% and what the wikis have listed are wrong and the actual cap is 3% until someone can provide proof it goes higher.
By Kooljack 2015-03-13 16:46:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kooljack said: »
any chance you could provide some insight on how much the guide's conqueror would dps in it's low set this guide provides?

Conq's around 1780 DPS using the exact same conditions I used before.

And if using max crit dmg acro set with max crit everything else, will it come up a little more?
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-03-14 21:49:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Slowly crawling towards Conq still. Is the 99/119 buff for Berserk still +8.5% for a total of +38.5% to attack? It's phrased this way on the BG page for Berserk but Conq's pages are still listed as pre-update values.
By palladin9479 2015-03-14 23:30:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
Slowly crawling towards Conq still. Is the 99/119 buff for Berserk still +8.5% for a total of +38.5% to attack? It's phrased this way on the BG page for Berserk but Conq's pages are still listed as pre-update values.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Conqueror_%28Level_99%29

It's still 33.5% attack bonus. The problem is that it's also -33.5% defense which can be slightly mitigated by TPing in relic feet which aren't particularly good.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Agoge_Calligae_%2B1

Personally I think this is something SE f*cked up and should fix, the augmentation should only increase Berserk potency and not effect defense. The other mythics don't penalize the user like this.
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2015-03-15 00:22:00
Link | Quote | Reply

palladin9479 said: »
Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Conqueror_%28Level_99%29

It's still 33.5% attack bonus. The problem is that it's also -33.5% defense which can be slightly mitigated by TPing in relic feet which aren't particularly good.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Agoge_Calligae_%2B1

Personally I think this is something SE f*cked up and should fix, the augmentation should only increase Berserk potency and not effect defense. The other mythics don't penalize the user like this.
I believe hes referring to them changing the base value of berserk a few months ago to 30% (after level 90), conq still adds the same amount but it should indeed be 38.5% now.
By Zillion 2015-03-15 07:36:25
Link | Quote | Reply

sooo, anyone have an updated set for upheaval? and is apathy gorget and felistris mask the best for low acc upheaval? also which back piece is best
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-15 10:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Zillion said: »
sooo, anyone have an updated set for upheaval? and is apathy gorget and felistris mask the best for low acc upheaval? also which back piece is best

ItemSet 326451

is the best for attack capped scenarios.
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-03-15 11:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The free WS, from fortia, are nice. Wouldn't the 2% chance and the .2 fTP increase pull ahead of apathy and windbuffet?
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-15 11:54:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Fiasko said: »
The free WS, from fortia, are nice. Wouldn't the 2% chance and the .2 fTP increase pull ahead of apathy and windbuffet?

Unless you need the accuracy, no, since Upheaval doesn't transfer fTP to all hits like Resolution.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-16 15:27:33
Link | Quote | Reply

need some suggestions. I stopped playing back in 2013 when my dad died. Im hoping that sometime this summer or such ill final be able to come back and play more often. For the moment tho i have some sporadic free time (which is more then usual). Not enough where i want to start trying to get involved with stuff again because ill have to cut back drastically in a month of so again. So i was looking for something i could do randomly when i had time (solo).

Since iv been away since 2013 everything i have is likely quite outdated. Hell, it was mediocre even back then. But i was thinking of just doing solo fc's with a friend. Lvlin each others random jobs up (or merits) when ever i had the free time.

So this is what i apparently had set aside in the beginning of building a pdt set for this.
ItemSet 309852
Cizin set has not been augmented yet for pdt- (figured id check options out first)
Dark rings have 3 and 4pdt-

any options that are better and simplistic to get (given time/equip restraints)?

Also which atmas? I completely forget which ones go best for that. Hell, i forget what most of them even do. To long ago.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-16 22:17:13
Link | Quote | Reply

bump. sry for being impatient. Almost 2 years away (and never wanting to leave to begin with) ... the idea of doing something again... getting a bit antsy to say the least'
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-16 22:29:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Godofgods said: »
bump. sry for being impatient. Almost 2 years away (and never wanting to leave to begin with) ... the idea of doing something again... getting a bit antsy to say the least'

If your just doing abyssea, that set will be more than enough PDT. In fact, it kind of sucks to cleave in iLvl gear because retaliation won't be procing. If your looking to upgrade your PDT set, the new skirmish gear (yorium set) can all be augmented with PDT or DT. You can also grab an angha gem for ammo, they are usually cheap now from all the BCNM events over time.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-16 22:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea that was one thing iv wondered. Aby mobs vs ilvl gear. Id be doing this without a healing/buff support as well.

Why would retaliation not be procing? (unless they were simply missing that much)
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-03-16 22:44:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea that was one thing iv wondered. Aby mobs vs ilvl gear. Id be doing this without a healing/buff support as well.

Why would retaliation not be procing? (unless they were simply missing that much)

Ya, their accuracy will be floored with all of the evasion + on iLvl gear, thus, retaliation won't frequently proc. As for no support, you can toss a few regen atmas on you and you'll be fine.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-16 23:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

also, i think i have a Iclamar +1 (skirmish weap) in my inventory somewhere. Im hoping that does a good job without killing everything at once. That was the only thing that suxed back when i used to CW mobs. That damn credit limit on amount of mobs killed at once.

What kind of atmas would be a good idea? Read a number of different suggestions but they were from years ago. I imagine needs could change a little with new gear.

Would
Voracious Violet, STR +50, DA+5%, Regain +2Tp/tic
Apocalypse, TA+ 15%, Quick Magic +10%, Auto RR
Lion, TA +10%, -10% PDT, Thunder Atk +30%
still be the decent ones to use? Or is lion's pdt- an overkill now considering equip?

Edit: completely forgot about the regen you mentioned...
Mounted Champion, VIT:Superior (+50), Regen:Superior (20HP/tick), Enmity Loss- when taking damage.:Minor
Stronghold, Attack+:Major (+40), Defense+:Major (+40), "Regen":Major (15HP/tick)
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-03-16 23:30:37
Link | Quote | Reply

also, i think i have a Iclamar +1 (skirmish weap) in my inventory somewhere. Im hoping that does a good job without killing everything at once. That was the only thing that suxed back when i used to CW mobs. That damn credit limit on amount of mobs killed at once.

What kind of atmas would be a good idea? Read a number of different suggestions but they were from years ago. I imagine needs could change a little with new gear.

Would
Voracious Violet, STR +50, DA+5%, Regain +2Tp/tic
Apocalypse, TA+ 15%, Quick Magic +10%, Auto RR
Lion, TA +10%, -10% PDT, Thunder Atk +30%
still be the decent ones to use? Or is lion's pdt- an overkill now considering equip?

Edit: completely forgot about the regen you mentioned...
Mounted Champion, VIT:Superior (+50), Regen:Superior (20HP/tick), Enmity Loss- when taking damage.:Minor
Stronghold, Attack+:Major (+40), Defense+:Major (+40), "Regen":Major (15HP/tick)

If you don't have a healer, MC and stronghold are good, I'd keep Apoc, at least until you're sure you either won't get dead or have someone to raise. Having to homepoint and losing your lights is a real headache.

As for regain or damage atma, don't bother. You should be using retaliation and with a sizable pull, getting hit fairly often even in ilvl gear, TP gain and damage won't be an issue.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2015-03-17 00:56:51
Link | Quote | Reply

guess ill start off with MC, stronghold, and apoc then. See how it goes from there. Thank you both for your help.
By Zillion 2015-03-23 04:09:36
Link | Quote | Reply

any reason why the front page suggests str/dex +7 instead of crit dmg +3 on acro pieces for ukkos fury?
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2015-03-23 07:43:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I assume for Ddex sweetspot?
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-03-26 03:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Boii Lorica Set: i109
Set bonus: 'Augments "Double Attack"'

Head:
STR+25, DEX+11, VIT+24, AGI+9, INT/MND/CHR+7
ACC/ATT+14
Eva+14, MEva+32
MDB+1, Haste+6
CritRate+3
DA+4

rem tale1 x5, Phoenix feather, helm of briareus x1, R Mask +2

Body:
STR+17, DEX+15, VIT+17, AGI/INT/MND/CHR+12
ACC/ATT+20
Eva+20, MEva+40
MDB+2, Haste+3
GAxe Skill +9, STP +8
BR duration +32

Rem tale2 x5, Malboro fiber, helm of briareus x1, R Lorica +2

Hands:
STR+9, DEX+24, VIT+20, AGI+4, INT+4, MND+14, CHR+10
ACC+12
Eva+11, MEva+21
Axe Skill +18, Haste+3
Restraint +100

rem tale3 x5, Beetle Blood, helm of briareus x1, R Mufflers +2

Legs:
STR+24, VIT+16, AGI+9, INT+14, MND+8, CHR+6
ATT +15
Eva+11, MEva+54
MDB +1, Haste+7
DA +5
fencer +!

rem tale4 x5, Damascene cloth, helm of briareus x1, R cuisses +2

Feet:
STR+10, DEX+12, VIT+10, AGI+16, MND+3, CHR+12
ACC+17
Eva+25, MEva+54
MDB+1, Haste+5
CritDmg+10
retaliation22

rem tale5 x5, Oxblood, helm of briareus x1, R calligae +2

[+]
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-03-26 17:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So body/hands are looking to be a solid combo during Restraint. I knew the set would be good but I am very excited about what I see.
 Shiva.Flowen
Server: Shiva
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2015-04-02 12:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So how do boii +1 feet do against other choices for ragnarok tp? Pretty sure mask+1 is gonna be best tp piece in every situation? Updated gear sets would be great!
By palladin9479 2015-04-03 09:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Flowen said: »
So how do boii +1 feet do against other choices for ragnarok tp? Pretty sure mask+1 is gonna be best tp piece in every situation? Updated gear sets would be great!

119 Feet are pretty much your best feet for TP and crit WS, especially if your using a Rag. Head really depends on what your haste / acc is looking like, but otherwise it's really strong. In my current setup I can get a 30% base crit rate, 31% critical hit damage and 45% double attack with 2% QA and 4% TA. Depending on dDEX it can go as high as 45% crit rate without bloodrage up.
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2015-04-03 17:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the scourge aftermath! Full time razed ruins is pretty sweet. Would be great to see your sets if possible
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-04-04 01:54:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't forget the scourge aftermath! Full time razed ruins is pretty sweet. Would be great to see your sets if possible

5/5 Boii +1 is pretty much your standard TP set now. Do yourself a favor and ditch rag for an augmented macbain. It doesn't take much in terms of augments to pull ahead of ragnarok, with good augments is as much as 15% ahead of it. It's currently the best weapon available to warriors atm unless you need to cleave.
 Shiva.Flowen
By Shiva.Flowen 2015-04-04 02:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

5/5 Boii +1 is pretty much your standard TP set now. Do yourself a favor and ditch rag for an augmented macbain. It doesn't take much in terms of augments to pull ahead of ragnarok, with good augments is as much as 15% ahead of it. It's currently the best weapon available to warriors atm unless you need to cleave.

This doesn't seem right? Lol. Pretty sure it was tested as being only marginally better than rag in certain situations. I very much doubt it's better than conqueror in any situation
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-04-04 03:03:32
Link | Quote | Reply

This doesn't seem right? Lol. Pretty sure it was tested as being only marginally better than rag in certain situations. I very much doubt it's better than conqueror in any situation

Both your tests and your doubts are missplaced. The ragnarok bandwagon is over, its a pretty garbage weapon right along side the rest of the relics. Conq is good, but even with perfect AM3 maintenance it falls behind Macbain due to shitty weaponskills.

Edit: I forgot to mention, scourge is not worth using to maintain aftermath, like ever, if for whatever reason you are still using ragnarok.

Edit 2: It never hurts to read back a few pages.
First Page 2 3 ... 50 51 52 ... 224 225 226