Notes:
Cape augmented str+3, crit dmg +4
Cizin legs augmented DA+2

High ATK set:

ItemSet 330852

Notes:
Cape same augs as above
Miki hands A path

Edit: The 'Meta ACC' title is wrong..I built the sets under the wrong titles and couldn't be bothered to change.

Incase they missed WKR gear update Otomi Helm can be augmented with 8 STR
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Pretre
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2015-01-22 20:16:16
Link | Quote | Reply

is the rag resolution set at the start of thread up to date? if not anyone have up to date one
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
Server: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-01-22 20:54:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pretre said: »
Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]

/sadface
[+]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-01-22 21:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 332636

is what I'm using now I think
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Server: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2015-01-22 22:20:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Need ele belt. FTP replicates for all 5 hits.
 Phoenix.Pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2015-01-23 20:08:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ok so im sure of what to rep body and legs with
double att ~> str > att is this right for resolution?
also I have bravura already I prolly average 7k upheavls on eft and raptor on toj runs what would this set average ish on those mobs with ragnarok reso, as im still doing trials just really hoping iv made a higher dd weapon
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-01-29 11:42:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Back when you could see buy-ins for Ra'kaznar Skirmish shouts I bothered making/taking a 119 WAR there and specifically put merits into tomahawk for Dullahans. I noticed nothing working on them, and only now bother to ask: does this work on anything other than NATIVE resistances? Cuz it shouldn't work on Tojil/etc if this is the case. Possible waste of group2 merits in that case. Also, what happened to those stories of using it in Sea? Broken with update? Patched as OP?
 Cerberus.Midgitis
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Midgitis 2015-01-29 14:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Pretre said: »
ok so im sure of what to rep body and legs with double att ~> str > att is this right for resolution? also I have bravura already I prolly average 7k upheavls on eft and raptor on toj runs what would this set average ish on those mobs with ragnarok reso, as im still doing trials just really hoping iv made a higher dd weapon

Rag has such a low base damage I wouldn't expect to average any higher than your upheavals with that set.

If you're holding to 2k+ tp or don't ws right at 1k you'll notice spikes but reso is pretty consistant when all hits land with almost a 50/50 chance for an extra hit from DA.
 Phoenix.Pretre
By Phoenix.Pretre 2015-02-04 19:47:17
Link | Quote | Reply

yea iv been seeing a decent diff between 1k an 2k tp but overall my reso doing a bit more dmg than my upheavals and my set not done yet
 Bahamut.Malothar
Server: Bahamut
user: Malithar
By Bahamut.Malothar 2015-02-04 19:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Kyosukerob said: »
Back when you could see buy-ins for Ra'kaznar Skirmish shouts I bothered making/taking a 119 WAR there and specifically put merits into tomahawk for Dullahans. I noticed nothing working on them, and only now bother to ask: does this work on anything other than NATIVE resistances? Cuz it shouldn't work on Tojil/etc if this is the case. Possible waste of group2 merits in that case. Also, what happened to those stories of using it in Sea? Broken with update? Patched as OP?

AFAIK, nothing in SoA has been susceptible to Tomahawk. I remember trying it (because JPs did it!) on Tojil and seeing no difference. No idea if it works on Dullahans or not, but I'd side with not. Last legit use I can remember for it was in Legion. Guess it might work for Umbrils and Acuex, but none of them are difficult enough for it to be a great boon.
By Davorin 2015-02-05 00:04:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Tomahawk isn't busted, it just doesn't work on anything worthwhile atm. There was a small discussion about Tomahawk vs Lancelord Gaheel Ja near the end of page 44 to 45 of this guide. Check it out.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-05 23:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Was all over this forum until I made it into Tojil static. Was preFudo buff too. Had Tinhaspa already so forced me to MNK. Haven't been back since.

Anyway got smoked in a tree party recently in spite of having higher acc than the SAMs in a set with only minor alterations from what smoked the Tojil parses back in the day. It had admittedly been a few months so was a little rusty. I am looking to dust off the WAR in the near future. When running with SAMs I have been told Ukko only for light. Does the tree have crit def bonus? Would definitely help me feel a little better haha. I had been told by a source I had forgotten that mythic WS would be needed for tree.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-05 23:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Tree is weak to slashing, which is why SAMs and BLUs are so good for it.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-05 23:58:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Learned up some SCs instead of choosing to atare at a chart the rest of my days. Looks like I'm still screwed with properties for King's Justice and Fudo.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-06 00:00:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Oraen said: »
Tree is weak to slashing, which is why SAMs and BLUs are so good for it.
Which is why my WAR was failing there. I see now.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-02-06 00:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I thought you were mentioning losing as MNK, my mistake. I'm not sure what the issue was, then, as GS and GA are both slashing. I don't know enough about WAR to guess, but perhaps you didn't have your proper xhit on?
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-02-06 00:38:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Post your set and we can look at it. (Also Tree is a pain to parse on since 1 person can get screwed by debuffs blind/flash/para).
By Tylaar 2015-02-06 03:26:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I haven't tested, but doubt you will see your best results comparing Ukko's to Fudobeast. WAR WS are all way behind anyway, but Ukko's is still at the bottom of the preferred list after its nerfs, even with Ukon119. Using it for SC makes sense, but at least from my testing I'd say its hurting your own DPS to use it over a decently geared Upheaval.
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2015-02-06 07:00:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Tylaar said: »
I haven't tested, but doubt you will see your best results comparing Ukko's to Fudobeast. WAR WS are all way behind anyway, but Ukko's is still at the bottom of the preferred list after its nerfs, even with Ukon119. Using it for SC makes sense, but at least from my testing I'd say its hurting your own DPS to use it over a decently geared Upheaval.

or even a savage blade.
 Phoenix.Urteil
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2015-02-06 09:17:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Sangarius +1 makes me realize how crazy this game is right now.
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2015-02-06 09:46:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Was all over this forum until I made it into Tojil static. Was preFudo buff too. Had Tinhaspa already so forced me to MNK. Haven't been back since.

Anyway got smoked in a tree party recently in spite of having higher acc than the SAMs in a set with only minor alterations from what smoked the Tojil parses back in the day. It had admittedly been a few months so was a little rusty. I am looking to dust off the WAR in the near future. When running with SAMs I have been told Ukko only for light. Does the tree have crit def bonus? Would definitely help me feel a little better haha. I had been told by a source I had forgotten that mythic WS would be needed for tree.
War is no where near on the same level as Sam currently, it's expected you would get smoked unless the opponent is bad. Especially if you are focusing on WSes that SC instead of pure individual DPS.
By Chyula 2015-02-06 10:19:37
Link | Quote | Reply

can fudo close chain with upheaval?, i dont remember if it does sam will smoke a war either way with or without closing sc.
 Lakshmi.Kyosukerob
By Lakshmi.Kyosukerob 2015-02-07 14:38:07
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 323172

ItemSet 322819

Haven't tooled with it in a long time but here's Upheaval. I was told Ukko's was superior after update by more than it was prior.

ItemSet 322710

Surely rings could use upgrades, but the rest is pretty close to forum recommendations along with my own customization following updates not included. I have extra STP on the set as I came across Ginsen in between my WAR hiatus and this run. Neck upgrade or maybe grip to Duplus if I manage to find how much STP I am over. I'll probably go test today. I didn't use the +Berserk/Agg/Warcry duration gear I have from AF/relic sets, left that on moogle. If I ever get Mes'yohi Haub I'd def upgrade to that for WS.

Body is A, hands are C, Ejekamal feet and Otomi helm have STR aug, Moonshade is atk/TP.

Also, I believe I saw Fusion when I was using Upheaval with newly Fudoing SAMs shortly after update. I initially noticed good Upheaval #s vs Ukko's but next few runs seemed to lean to Ukko's so I stuck with that.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-02-08 16:07:35
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 323172

ItemSet 322819

Haven't tooled with it in a long time but here's Upheaval. I was told Ukko's was superior after update by more than it was prior.

ItemSet 322710

Surely rings could use upgrades, but the rest is pretty close to forum recommendations along with my own customization following updates not included. I have extra STP on the set as I came across Ginsen in between my WAR hiatus and this run. Neck upgrade or maybe grip to Duplus if I manage to find how much STP I am over. I'll probably go test today. I didn't use the +Berserk/Agg/Warcry duration gear I have from AF/relic sets, left that on moogle. If I ever get Mes'yohi Haub I'd def upgrade to that for WS.

Body is A, hands are C, Ejekamal feet and Otomi helm have STR aug, Moonshade is atk/TP.

Also, I believe I saw Fusion when I was using Upheaval with newly Fudoing SAMs shortly after update. I initially noticed good Upheaval #s vs Ukko's but next few runs seemed to lean to Ukko's so I stuck with that.
Couple suggestions-

• If you have enough STP for X-hit, Yetshila is better than Ginsen for your TP set.

• For Ukko's set, miki R15 hands and windbuffet belt +1 would be upgrades.

• For Upheaval, apathy gorget, windbuffet belt +1, and pummeler's caligae +1 would be upgrades.

As far as the upheaval vs ukko's debate goes, a general guideline for when you WS at 1000% is when your attack is uncapped, ukko's is better, when your attack is capped, upheaval is better. Additionally, when bloodrage is active, ukko's is better, but when warcry or mighty strikes is active upheaval is better. The more TP you have when you WS, the further upheaval pulls ahead, regardless of attack.
I hope that helps and sorry if it was confusing, it's not really a cut and dry situation as far as weaponskills go. It get's even more complicated if your trying to maximize party DPS by skillchaining.
By Pankas 2015-02-08 17:11:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all,
Could i ask someone who still plays war on regular basis to post their lua or point in the right direction. Got few old ones, but can't get head around them. Many thanks in advance
 Cerberus.Fiasko
By Cerberus.Fiasko 2015-02-08 17:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

GearSwap @Dropbox

It will always be a work in progress.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-02-08 17:50:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Pankas said: »
Hello all,
Could i ask someone who still plays war on regular basis to post their lua or point in the right direction. Got few old ones, but can't get head around them. Many thanks in advance

http://pastebin.com/5ekb5a6A
By Pankas 2015-02-09 04:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks alot Fasaga and Fiasco, much appreciated
By Tylaar 2015-02-20 00:41:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
As far as the upheaval vs ukko's debate goes, a general guideline for when you WS at 1000% is when your attack is uncapped, ukko's is better, when your attack is capped, upheaval is better. Additionally, when bloodrage is active, ukko's is better, but when warcry or mighty strikes is active upheaval is better. The more TP you have when you WS, the further upheaval pulls ahead, regardless of attack.

Hey Fasaga, I totally agree in principle with your comments, but in practise, and with relatively large sample sizes in low buff (trust) type situations, I still find that Upheaval always averages higher using SB as a measure. I can see Ukko's is averaging slightly more than it was a while back, and it can give occasional nice spike numbers, but again on average Upheaval always pulls ahead for me. I was a bit disappointed given how long I've spent gearing Ukkos, but even with Ukon I don't get it to win in Adoulin, or higher end content. In the end, I just gave up on tuning Ukkos and moved on. Have you done some samples, or just sheets? I'd be really keen to get your thoughts on it, and what mobs you tested so I can retest again.

In other news, I was excited for a minute to see a new crit damage +2 gift. Then I saw lots of melee jobs got it, and my excitement disappeared. Will continue to check Job Update threads until WAR gets a mention :)
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2015-02-20 08:01:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Tylaar said: »
Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »

Hey Fasaga, I totally agree in principle with your comments, but in practise, and with relatively large sample sizes in low buff (trust) type situations, I still find that Upheaval always averages higher using SB as a measure. I can see Ukko's is averaging slightly more than it was a while back, and it can give occasional nice spike numbers, but again on average Upheaval always pulls ahead for me. I was a bit disappointed given how long I've spent gearing Ukkos, but even with Ukon I don't get it to win in Adoulin, or higher end content. In the end, I just gave up on tuning Ukkos and moved on. Have you done some samples, or just sheets? I'd be really keen to get your thoughts on it, and what mobs you tested so I can retest again.

In other news, I was excited for a minute to see a new crit damage +2 gift. Then I saw lots of melee jobs got it, and my excitement disappeared. Will continue to check Job Update threads until WAR gets a mention :)

I am referring to delve 2 without a geo, or 133+ incursion without an idris geo. Something I didn't take into consideration, all my tests are done with conq(+14 crit rate with berserk). I'd have to re-check the numbers with a different weapon.
First Page 2 3 ... 47 48 49 ... 224 225 226