By Fenrir.Thandar 2013-01-31 18:55:32
Link | Quote | Reply

PVP
 Fenrir.Evildemon
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Evildemon 2013-01-31 19:23:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Obviously he doesn't like losing and probably running out of members to steal from
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-31 19:41:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Scizor said: »
I just read a thread called Dark Knight Adjustments, Urtiel is actually asking for Twilight Scythe to be nerfed and give DRK more magical utility. Whats all that about...

Could it be he wants more use out of the magic acc on his Lib?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
Server: Fenrir
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2013-01-31 19:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

There's an extreme imbalance in melee and magic damage capabilities; It's practically 2005 in reverse. This fact is exacerbated by the fact that any time SE is introducing a mob that would previously necessitate magic damage, the optimal route would be to just bring a DRK or MNK.

I don't feel that Twilight Scythe needs to be nerfed (if anything, it could be nerfed very slightly), but magic DPS is really abysmal at the moment, and the way enmity works isn't doing it any favors.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
Server: Carbuncle
user: Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-01-31 22:32:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
The primary events I *tank* are things like Salvage II boss's and Meebles boss's, maybe holding a low tier Voidwatch NM @20% while they desperately try to cap lights. Looking at SoA I'm going to assume SE will be focusing more on these "6 man or less" events which is what had me wanting to build a Hybrid DPS/Tank weapon.

You had my sold on Bravura, mostly with MT doing relatively high damage while making a capped haste / DT set easy to maintain. Why recommend Apoc? Especially as it seems SE is about to nerf Twilight scythe into uselessness cause of the JPs.

The reason I was sugesting apoc for you specifically is because you have a rag. IMO for any player rag + apoc is an amazing pair, because of how much flexibility those two bring when paired. Although I do think Ukon + Brav is a similarly good pair, i don't think you get quite the same punch with rag + bravura paired.
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-01-31 22:41:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Has anyone ever compared on spreedsherts a ukon 99 to a Bravura 99 in a scenario that is ideal for bravura?

I was thinking assume ~33% DT is needed + high evasion mob so the ukon would need ~30 more acc, also assume embrava nerf makes it impossible to keep up AM3. To be somewhat "fair" assume mob does not have any -crit evasion. I would think the ukon would get blown away yet if I say that in LS chat it's like I commited blasphemy.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-02-01 05:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
The reason I was sugesting apoc for you specifically is because you have a rag. IMO for any player rag + apoc is an amazing pair, because of how much flexibility those two bring when paired. Although I do think Ukon + Brav is a similarly good pair, i don't think you get quite the same punch with rag + bravura paired.

This makes no sense really, the "pair" part I mean. I already have a high DPS spam weapon (Rag) which both WAR and DRK can use equally. I'm looking for a weapon that puts out high damage while enabling me to easily cap haste and PDT (MDT is stupid easy as it is).

The choice boiled down to tanking on WAR with MT spam and using the 20% DT to equip more haste, or tanking on DRK with Cata spam using the 10% haste to equip more DT/PDT. Currently I'm leaning towards WAR + Brav due to 20% DT opening up more then 10% haste worth of gear and MT being a stronger damage output WS. I'm not soloing on either (I use BLU for that) so the HP from Cata isn't much of a factor. Currently I *tank* on both using Rag spam and switching between full DD and full DT, obviously the DT set doesn't include much haste and when I'm in full DD I get hard very hard. I've had a few boss fights be closer then I'm comfortable with.

Honestly the incoming nerf to Twilight Scythe has me leaning towards WAR more then before. At an absolute last resort I can always switch to Sword + Board and spam Req for those targets that absolutely refuse to take much physical damage (Cerb).
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-02-01 05:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Brings up another question. What are some good "hybrid" DD sets assuming 99 Brav with AM effect up? I don't really do Odin II and no defending ring (lol). Need capped haste or as close as possible with whatever sTP is needed for a decent x-hit. Guess order of importance is Haste > DT > x-hit with me willing to sacrifice a little haste for a large portion of DT.
By Phorcys 2013-02-01 08:19:21
Link | Quote | Reply

That would be correct. Cap Haste, finish capping PDT, then STP if you can still maintain a 6 hit.
 Bismarck.Justinm
Server: Bismarck
user: Justinmx
By Bismarck.Justinm 2013-02-01 13:09:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Brings up another question. What are some good "hybrid" DD sets assuming 99 Brav with AM effect up? I don't really do Odin II and no defending ring (lol). Need capped haste or as close as possible with whatever sTP is needed for a decent x-hit. Guess order of importance is Haste > DT > x-hit with me willing to sacrifice a little haste for a large portion of DT.

This is what I use atm, though i'm sure it can be made better with a little tweaking.
(PDT Hybrid)

(MDT Hybrid)
 Carbuncle.Tyleron
By Carbuncle.Tyleron 2013-02-01 13:52:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Justinm said: »

This is what I use atm, though i'm sure it can be made better with a little tweaking.
(PDT Hybrid)

(MDT Hybrid)

I use something similar but phorcys head for the 10 acc
By Kyler 2013-02-01 15:29:18
Link | Quote | Reply

^
Phorcys Salade is almost always going to be an upgrade in hybrid pdt sets, yeah you lose a haste but you give up a lot of acc from other slots.

Also,

Xhit is kind of dumb to try and maintain in a hybrid build considering the assumption is the mob is hitting you... which is why you are in pdt..

Not to say that sTP is useless but being a few points shy is most likely not going to matter if you are doing it right.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-02-01 15:57:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Kyler said: »
^
Phorcys Salade is almost always going to be an upgrade in hybrid pdt sets, yeah you lose a haste but you give up a lot of acc from other slots.

Also,

Xhit is kind of dumb to try and maintain in a hybrid build considering the assumption is the mob is hitting you... which is why you are in pdt..

Not to say that sTP is useless but being a few points shy is most likely not going to matter if you are doing it right.

This

Always wondered why people sacrificed so much trying to maintain x-hit in-dt sets.
 Odin.Valdor
user: Valdor
By Odin.Valdor 2013-02-06 13:32:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Some interesting sets. Curious what other people use for a Hybrid set.
By Phorcys 2013-02-06 16:53:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Here's mine:
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [59 days between previous and next post]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-07 01:00:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok guys sorry to semi neco but I feel it's relevant. Finished my Bravura (yay!) and am now working on trials. Where is a good place to swat tons of undead? Need fast repops and as low of HP as possible to get credit. I have a pocket WHM that I dual box.

ItemSet 295722

That's what I'm using for my AM effect up. 47% PDT 50% MDT (With Shell) 25% haste and a 6-hit.

Other then upgrading Brego's what other obvious upgrades are there? I'm aiming to deal was much damage as possible while maintaining really high PDT/MDT during TP phase.

Also WAR MT set

ItemSet 295723

Any solid upgrades? Threw a light gorget on cause I wasn't sure what the best neck piece would be. Figured Ogiers legs would beat out other +STR options due to WSD+3% and +20 attack.
 Valefor.Wingdude
Server: Valefor
user: Wingman
By Valefor.Wingdude 2013-04-07 01:07:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok guys sorry to semi neco but I feel it's relevant. Finished my Bravura (yay!) and am now working on trials. Where is a good place to swat tons of undead? Need fast repops and as low of HP as possible to get credit. I have a pocket WHM that I dual box.

Friend of mine used the Skele's in Abyssea-Attohwa since its quick respawns.
 Bismarck.Jarlax
user: AgroMonk
By Bismarck.Jarlax 2013-04-07 01:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Why not hit Abyssea - Tahrongi and blow up the Bog Body camp. Tons of them, can train them, cleave, be done fast.
 Valefor.Wingdude
Server: Valefor
user: Wingman
By Valefor.Wingdude 2013-04-07 01:08:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jarlax said: »
Why not hit Abyssea - Tahrongi and blow up the Bog Body camp. Tons of them, can train them, cleave, be done fast.

Pretty sure you have to kill with Metatron Torment WS.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-07 01:09:04
Link | Quote | Reply

cuz cleave kills don't count
 Bismarck.Jarlax
user: AgroMonk
By Bismarck.Jarlax 2013-04-07 01:11:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Whatever, still fast spawns that die very easy.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-07 01:17:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Jarlax said: »
Whatever, still fast spawns that die very easy.

Too much HP and Bravura @75 MT kinda sucks. If it let me kill with RR or some other high damage WS then I'd be happy, but I gotta slowly whittle them down with a level 75 Great Axe then use a non-crit WS to finish them off. I ran into this problem doing Scourge on a bajillion mobs.

The ideal target would be a 61~70 monster with a 5min respawn at a location with 8~15 of them clustered together. I did the lower level mandies in the boyade tree, went really fast.
 Asura.Yomisha
Server: Asura
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-04-07 01:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Merrr, that's what I did. I went to aby and pulled mobs, cleaved them down just a little and MTed to finish them off.

lol Ooops! But not for undead. I did go to aby-tahrongi, just beat up the spermies there. I had a pocket SCH to help. Went by really fast, they're squishy.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-04-07 01:45:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah it's looking like that's my best option. Everywhere else their too spread out, thankfully spirits do have very little HP ^^.

--Edit=-
Holy sh!t these have like no HP at all. I'm killing them at 40%+ HP with one mediocre damage WS. This is going to go very fast here.