Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Bravura/Ukon
Bravura/Ukon
First Page 2 3 4 5
By Halycon1313 2012-09-23 23:44:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically looking for information on how Bravura stacks up vs Ukon
As I am considering making a bravura but I already have an ukon.

which will lead me to other questions such as this:

How does Upheavel do with bravura against Ukko's fury?

any information would greatly appreciated

Sorry for a bad title not good with titles :s
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-09-23 23:50:10
Link | Quote | Reply

The situations where Bravura might win over Ukon are situations where Ragnarok will easily beat both, so I'd suggest making that instead. Bravura's "niche" is its utility, most notably the -20% damage taken via aftermath. Unfortunately not as notable in an era where capping PDT is easy and PD/Embrava/Fanatic's/etc run rampant, but maybe down the line after the PD/Embrava nerf it will have *some* value. 200 million gil of value... that's up to you.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
Server: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2012-09-24 00:05:22
Link | Quote | Reply

The one thing I had been thinking with bravura is when /sam open with Metatron Torment and close with Upheavel. Letting you take advantage of Metatron Torment def down effect on mobs and also the add effect on Bravura of eva down.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-09-24 00:31:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Bitmusic said: »
Been curious for a while how would 99 bravura stack up against 90 ukon?

Is it still going to loose most of the time, or will the extra base dmg combinded with upheavel be enough to pull it ahead.
Don't forget, the same amount of gil you would spend for 99 Bravura could easily get you 99 Ukon.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Anesthesia
Server: Carbuncle
user: analgesia
By Carbuncle.Anesthesia 2012-09-24 00:35:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »

Is it still going to loose most of the time, or will the extra base dmg combinded with upheavel be enough to pull it ahead.
Don't forget, the same amount of gil you would spend for 99 Bravura could easily get you 99 Ukon.

Unless you already have 75-95 bravura.
 Shiva.Aisuu
Server: Shiva
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Aisuu 2012-09-24 00:59:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Been awhile since i last read up on this so correct me if i'm wrong but as far as i remember Ukkos > Upheaval and rag reso in War non zerg situations. Rag reso > Ukkos and upheaval in MS zergs, DRK with Rag > Ukon WAR in non zerg situations.

Very simple as nightfyre said Rag would beat Bravura in any situation where bravura could beat Ukon.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-24 01:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Anesthesia said: »
Siren.Thoraeon said: »

Unless you already have 75-95 bravura.

Buyer's remorse?
Yeah, no, you can have a coke.
[+]
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-09-24 02:11:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Alternatively, continue to randomly attack someone for a reasonable statement (Bravura has literally almost no use over Ukonvasara, and where it does, there are better alternatives) for something that is not only irrelevant, but logically inconsistent with anything that is being talked about it.

Furthermore, when you are called out on the obscurity of your response, attack that person because, well, why the hell not. I've never once even alluded to my character ranking in a post, not to mention used it to somehow further an argument.

You, sir, have a severe case of mad. And I suggest you get it checked.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-24 02:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

And none of this changes the fact that Bravura is a sorely outclassed weapon in virtually all if not all circumstances.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-09-24 04:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Coming into this thread without any prior knowledge, it looks like Jinjo and Sylow are arguing. On further inspection, it looks like they're arguing against an invisible person.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5