6 Hit and not using Ravager's when Restraint

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
With the second set, you gain:
Str+10
Dex+13
Atk+7
Acc+17
TA+2
But go from 6 hit to 7 hit. Against harder content, that may be better. It also requires Ares+1 gear that I do not have atm. xD

(Ignoring the feet.)
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-04-05 13:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Thoraeon said: »
Those are probably better than Dilaram's sollerets now, huh? That's disappointing... F*ckin' Pil...
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-05 14:32:29
Link | Quote | Reply

In terms of different stats:
ItemSet 295448
6 Hit and not using Ravager's when Restraint

With the second set, you gain:
Str+10
Dex+13
Atk+7
Acc+17
TA+2
But go from 6 hit to 7 hit. Against harder content, that may be better. It also requires Ares+1 gear that I do not have atm. xD

(Ignoring the feet.)
You also gain the boost in WS damage from wearing the Ravager's hands when Res is up.

As far as when Res is down in my set vs. your set you are losing
21-Acc
52-Att
28-Str
4-Dex
2-TA
7-DA

I believe Registry ran the exact numbers through the spreadsheets and they are posted in Ejinn's guide somewhere between page 13-16 and if I recall correctly the only time shaving the extra hit off would increase overall DPS was on fodder mobs, Primarly areas like Nyzul, where since you are getting hit, X-hit becomes somewhat of a mute point anyway. Anything that is above fodder it is better to drop to 7-hit.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-05 14:38:05
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 295448 6 Hit and not using Ravager's when Restraint
Res up - ItemSet 295472
With the second set, you gain: Str+10 Dex+13 Atk+7 Acc+17 TA+2 But go from 6 hit to 7 hit. Against harder content, that may be better. It also requires Ares+1 gear that I do not have atm. xD (Ignoring the feet.)
You also gain the boost in WS damage from wearing the Ravager's hands when Res is up. As far as when Res is down in my set vs. your set you are losing 21-Acc 52-Att 28-Str 4-Dex 2-TA 7-DA I believe Registry ran the exact numbers through the spreadsheets and they are posted in Ejinn's guide somewhere between page 13-16 and if I recall correctly the only time shaving the extra hit off would increase overall DPS was on fodder mobs, Primarly areas like Nyzul, where since you are getting hit, X-hit becomes somewhat of a mute point anyway. Anything that is above fodder it is better to drop to 7-hit.

Yeah, a 6hit build is centered around lower end content or regain, of course, but there isn't much need for an in between set currently. You should be capped accuracy on fodder and you'll need acc gear on big baddies. The other difference between the 6 and 7 hit sets you're comparing is the 6 hit contains no Hexed -1 or Ares' +1, which is a big consideration when discussing DPS.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-05 14:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »
ItemSet 295448 6 Hit and not using Ravager's when Restraint
Res up - ItemSet 295472
With the second set, you gain: Str+10 Dex+13 Atk+7 Acc+17 TA+2 But go from 6 hit to 7 hit. Against harder content, that may be better. It also requires Ares+1 gear that I do not have atm. xD (Ignoring the feet.)
You also gain the boost in WS damage from wearing the Ravager's hands when Res is up. As far as when Res is down in my set vs. your set you are losing 21-Acc 52-Att 28-Str 4-Dex 2-TA 7-DA I believe Registry ran the exact numbers through the spreadsheets and they are posted in Ejinn's guide somewhere between page 13-16 and if I recall correctly the only time shaving the extra hit off would increase overall DPS was on fodder mobs, Primarly areas like Nyzul, where since you are getting hit, X-hit becomes somewhat of a mute point anyway. Anything that is above fodder it is better to drop to 7-hit.

Yeah, a 6hit build is centered around lower end content or regain, of course, but there isn't much need for an in between set currently. You should be capped accuracy on fodder and you'll need acc gear on big baddies. The other difference between the 6 and 7 hit sets you're comparing is the 6 hit contains no Hexed -1 or Ares' +1, which is a big consideration when discussing DPS.
True, was just providing the "optimal" set as the OP suggests
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-04-05 14:43:59
Link | Quote | Reply

There's a strange game of telephone going on here.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-05 14:48:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
There's a strange game of telephone going on here.

Yeah I noticed that...
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-05 14:52:44
Link | Quote | Reply

The restraint bonus isn't that great to start with.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-04-05 14:57:28
Link | Quote | Reply

There: re-stained bones. Isn't that great, Mick?
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-05 15:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ran these sets thru the spread sheets for Res down and got
My set-
Ig- 296.317
Qilin - 587.666
Pil - 594.778
Fodder - 785.929

Your set-
Ig- 248.377
Qilin - 586.083
Pil - 592.109
Fodder - 793.220

So like I said, 6-hit wins on anything fodder, but my set wins anything above that.
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-05 16:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Just ran these sets thru the spread sheets for Res down and got My set- Ig- 296.317 Qilin - 587.666 Pil - 594.778 Fodder - 785.929 Your set- Ig- 248.377 Qilin - 586.083 Pil - 592.109 Fodder - 793.220 So like I said, 6-hit wins on anything fodder, but my set wins anything above that.

You're comparing apples and oranges, and everyone has said 6hit builds are better on fodder and they use a 7hit on anything worthwhile.
[+]
 Odin.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2013-04-05 16:18:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't keep a 6-hit in my inventory for fodder anyway... but isn't this slightly better than the 6-hit that keeps being posted here?

ItemSet 284220

(errr.. with Ravager's Earring instead of Kokou. With Karieyh(sp?) feet you can Reso in 2x Pyrosoul)

edit: Rav+2 feet would also probably be a decent idea on fodder because of Retaliation damage and the fact that you're probably capped att/acc so there won't be all that much of a difference.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
By Odin.Jassik 2013-04-05 16:28:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »
I don't keep a 6-hit in my inventory for fodder anyway... but isn't this slightly better than the 6-hit that keeps being posted here? ItemSet 284220 (errr.. with Ravager's Earring instead of Kokou. With Karieyh(sp?) feet you can Reso in 2x Pyrosoul) edit: Rav+2 feet would also probably be a decent idea on fodder because of Retaliation damage and the fact that you're probably capped att/acc so there won't be all that much of a difference.

Yea, with the STP on Karieyh Sollerets you can use that if you have Duplus, but I was still getting Rose/Rancor winning over Pole/Houyi's, both sets using +2 feet since I don't own Huginn
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8