Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 156 157 158
 Fenrir.Kaldaek
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Kaldaek 2017-12-10 10:18:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I generally go to dynamis on cor, with other cors. I have DP and they have fomalhaut. I am the only one that can hit 99K with us having the same buffs.

Our gears are not identical. I am edged up I am sure.

I will tell you DP vs. Fomalhaut. **Outside of dynamis** DP is barely used, sometimes in escha ru'an to lead the disto's on NM's for 99K>99K. Fomalhaut wins on all the things.

So that being said. 24% damage increase vs. usability is a more viable discussion on what you decide to make (and your ability to make the weps)
 Asura.Toralin
Server: Asura
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-10 11:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Leaden
ItemSet 345986

Using this for Leaden, someone take me to school on what I still need
Carmine Body: Path D (Attack+20, Magic Attack Bonus+12, Double Attack+4)
Carmine Hands: Path D (Ranged Attack+20, Magic Attack Bonus+12 "Store TP"+6)

Herculean Legs:
AGI+10
MAB+21
Macc+15

Camulus
AGI+30
Macc/Mdmg 20
WSD 10%
By tyalangan 2017-12-10 11:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

First of all your gear is amazing and I know you showin' off them feet! But if serious:

I think somewhere in here we have determined Svelt Gouriz Belt +1 is better than Eschan. Also, Dingir Ring. Baetyl Neck on Dynamis/Omen type stuff but maybe keep Sanctity for T4 type mobs.

EDIT: in the 30 seconds it took me to post this you changed Sanctity to Baetyl and Arvina to Dingir so now I know you know what you're doing and don't need anyone's help! haha
[+]
By hobo 2017-12-10 11:42:53
Link | Quote | Reply

If your rich and bored you can get a herc body that beats the carmine body, but at that point its effort vs reward. 10 Agi 35 mab 4 wsd is the cap ignoring stone types.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-10 11:46:28
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »
First of all your gear is amazing and I know you showin' off them feet! But if serious:

I think somewhere in here we have determined Svelt Gouriz Belt +1 is better than Eschan. Also, Dingir Ring. Baetyl Neck on Dynamis/Omen type stuff but maybe keep Sanctity for T4 type mobs.

EDIT: in the 30 seconds it took me to post this you changed Sanctity to Baetyl and Arvina to Dingir so now I know you know what you're doing and don't need anyone's help! haha

I was a little curious what kinda crazy augs I would need on Herculean to over-take that Carmine+1, and yes I looked at my gearswap and my ffxiah set was a bit outdated.The belt is usually Obi'd. Sorry for that

hobo said: »
If your rich and bored you can get a herc body that beats the carmine body, but at that point its effort vs reward. 10 Agi 35 mab 4 wsd is the cap ignoring stone types.

ty exactly what i was curious on, any clue where it passes Carmine, ie woudl 10 AGI 25mab 4wsd pass carmine, i know there is a ton of hypothetical here, but is it just barely the max aug would beat it?
By Afania 2017-12-10 12:09:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Toralin said: »
Leaden
ItemSet 345986

Using this for Leaden, someone take me to school on what I still need
Carmine Body: Path D (Attack+20, Magic Attack Bonus+12, Double Attack+4)
Carmine Hands: Path D (Ranged Attack+20, Magic Attack Bonus+12 "Store TP"+6)

Herculean Legs:
AGI+10
MAB+21
Macc+15

Camulus
AGI+30
Macc/Mdmg 20
WSD 10%

AF+3 body.
 Bismarck.Lilmartio
Server: Bismarck
user: Lilmartio
By Bismarck.Lilmartio 2017-12-10 12:37:30
Link | Quote | Reply

tyalangan said: »

I was a little curious what kinda crazy augs I would need on Herculean to over-take that Carmine+1, and yes I looked at my gearswap and my ffxiah set was a bit outdated.The belt is usually Obi'd. Sorry for that

hobo said: »

ty exactly what i was curious on, any clue where it passes Carmine, ie woudl 10 AGI 25mab 4wsd pass carmine, i know there is a ton of hypothetical here, but is it just barely the max aug would beat it?

AF+3 beats HQ Carmine and Herculean. If you want Vest to beat Carmine you'll need AGI+10 MAB+20/+25 and WSD+4%/+3%. If you want Vest to beat AF+3 you'll need AGI+10 MAB+35 and WSD+4~5%, but once you start factoring in buffs AF+3 will always win.
 Asura.Toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2017-12-10 12:42:41
Link | Quote | Reply

ok I was a little unsure about the +3 body since it didnt have MAB, but its AGI is way better, I guess the WSD pushes it past carmine+1, ill use it on Leaden, Thanks!

Wow this is great, searched all my gearswaps my Car. Mail+1 is now not being used so glad I asked, inventory+1. What the hell is this thing BiS for ? anything?
By Afania 2017-12-10 12:51:04
Link | Quote | Reply

ok I was a little unsure about the +3 body since it didnt have MAB, ill use it on Leaden, Thanks!

Decided to recheck ws dmg since I assume you are not in Escha so less mab buffs, and new wsd feet gear may change things.

(Just woke up, may get the number wrong somewhere so please correct if wrong)
Base stat without body:
260 AGI
165 mab
345 mdmg
3000 tp
Mythic bonus

No mab buff:
AF+3 body: 57607
Carmine: 59107

100 mab buff:
AF +3 body: 79346
Carmine+1: 78361

So yeah, use carmine without buffs.
[+]
By Afania 2017-12-10 12:58:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wow this is great, searched all my gearswaps my Car. Mail+1 is now not being used so glad I asked, inventory+1. What the hell is this thing BiS for ? anything?

Appearantly it's still good for magical ws at lowish mab buff, or if the nm has high mdef.

Also it's good for qd dmg set. I rarely qd in recast set anymore if aiming for dmg, it's not all that possible to ride recast perfect.

Edit: I also use it on other job, such as drain set on drk.
By Marootsoobootsu 2017-12-10 16:14:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
ok I was a little unsure about the +3 body since it didnt have MAB, ill use it on Leaden, Thanks!

Decided to recheck ws dmg since I assume you are not in Escha so less mab buffs, and new wsd feet gear may change things.

(Just woke up, may get the number wrong somewhere so please correct if wrong)
Base stat without body:
260 AGI
165 mab
345 mdmg
3000 tp
Mythic bonus

No mab buff:
AF+3 body: 57607
Carmine: 59107

100 mab buff:
AF +3 body: 79346
Carmine+1: 78361

So yeah, use carmine without buffs.

I'm getting 225 MAB with a similar set (no +3 feet yet,so using +39 MAB/+2% WSD aug'ed herc feet), and I'm about 0/80 on Baetyl so using Sanctity neck.

My legs don't have any Agi, but are 25% MAB and WSD 4%. Net difference on us is I'm -26 Agi, 4% WSD, 2 MAB.

And, I'm confused as hell because I'm never seeing numbers anywhere near approaching your cited 57K, let alone the near 80K when using buffs, even in Dynamis with Obi on. I'm getting like 25-35k in Dynamis. So... halp meh. What am I doing wrong?
By Afania 2017-12-10 16:46:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I had nq malaise on that I didn't notice(was early in the morning), sorry about that!

The calculator was built using formula from the first page, so there's always a chance that the number won't match real in game numbers because the target has different stat values that we don't know, or just excel formula error.

I can recheck it in game after I get home.
By andy1110 2017-12-10 20:02:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Now I am confused, I remember a few pages back someone said ratk > mab on cape, and for Herculean gear aug. (not perfect aug.) which aug should take, agi mab or mab wsd?
By Afania 2017-12-10 20:05:33
Link | Quote | Reply

andy1110 said: »
Now I am confused, I remember a few pages back someone said ratk > mab on cape, and for Herculean gear aug. (not perfect aug.) which aug should take, agi mab or mab wsd?

1) Rattk on cape was for last stand.
2) You need all 3, AGI MAB WSD for Leaden.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-12-10 20:24:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »
andy1110 said: »

1) Rattk on cape was for last stand.
2) You need all 3, AGI MAB WSD for Leaden.

he may be remembering the advice for first ambu cape, Afina had said when making first Ambu cape you can do Agi Racc Rattack WSD and use it for both Salute AND Last stand till you can make a dedicated 1 with the Macc Mdmg as the 20 Mdmg is not as big of a bonus as Racc Ratk is for last stand but the AGI and WSD is big for both last stand and salute.
[+]
By andy1110 2017-12-10 20:40:10
Link | Quote | Reply

T_T ya...time to get a needle to switch to Mab, what kind of stone you use to aug Herculean gear? I rarely see all 3 stats on the same page. Been using fern and the best I can get is mab24 wsd4
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2017-12-10 21:18:46
Link | Quote | Reply

mab I believe only goes to 30 with fern, but wsd goes to 5, with pell mab goes to 35 mab (often too) and 4 wsd is max (rare as ***).
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2017-12-10 21:32:44
Link | Quote | Reply

AGI is offpath, so I wouldn't stress out about it. As for the cape, MAB shares a slot with WSD so that isn't what you should be switching if changing to a more Leaden/Wildfire focused back.
[+]
 Bismarck.Cladbolg
Server: Bismarck
user: cladbolg
By Bismarck.Cladbolg 2017-12-14 00:53:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi guys, I'm a RNG looking to jump into the COR world.
I was wondering if someone could direct me to updated gear sets. I went thru the last few pages and couldn't find much.
I am looking for TP sets. I'm assuming most Melee for TP?
Also Leaden set and last stand set please.

Also what AF/Empy/Relic peices should I reforge? Which are must haves? Which can I skip? Thank you so much for your help.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have a Fomalhaut.
By Boshi 2017-12-14 14:22:13
Link | Quote | Reply

AF:
body mainly, lots of uses massive for WS.
(rest is just macc swaps, or legs are low flurry preshot)
Relic:
You needed 4/5 (all but hands) for Job Abilities before +2 came out. Now +2 feet and hands are incredible.
Empy:
You need to carry 4/5, all but legs atm probably.
(head preshot, body tact roll, hands all rolls, feet QD)

WS sets have been posted a thousand times, just look thru the thread. In fact there's a leaden set on this very page and a discussion about it.

Cor/NIN with DWIII... tp sets are exactly the same as Blu would have except for ammo.
For low haste they have access to floral hands otherwise gear is pretty much same as blu's selection.
[+]
By clearlyamule 2017-12-14 14:33:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
mab I believe only goes to 30 with fern, but wsd goes to 5, with pell mab goes to 35 mab (often too) and 4 wsd is max (rare as ***).
Has anyone confirmed that on fern? Throw literal thousands of stones at it couldn't get higher than 25 mab. Which part of why I just started switching to pell.
By Afania 2017-12-14 15:10:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Cladbolg said: »
Hi guys, I'm a RNG looking to jump into the COR world.
I was wondering if someone could direct me to updated gear sets. I went thru the last few pages and couldn't find much.
I am looking for TP sets. I'm assuming most Melee for TP?
Also Leaden set and last stand set please.

Also what AF/Empy/Relic peices should I reforge? Which are must haves? Which can I skip? Thank you so much for your help.

Edit: Forgot to mention I have a Fomalhaut.

All of the info are in last few pages, including af empy relic uses. Empy legs has a use, but its more niche.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Eightball
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Eightball 2017-12-17 09:46:36
Link | Quote | Reply

you need to factor in all stats, while generally per stat WSD>MAB>AGI the amount each stat is worth vs each other changes with how much of each you have.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2017-12-19 13:55:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got an updated Last Stand set? Also does anyone use Oshosi as part of a Triple Shot set? Or are they not worth it?
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
Server: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2017-12-19 15:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I've got a Herculean helm aug'd w/ 26 macc, 21 mab.
Is that still losing to Pixie's INT/MAB w/o a wsd augment for Leaden?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2017-12-19 15:42:25
Link | Quote | Reply

It's still going to lose to Pixie even if you have a DM'd WSD augment on Herc helm.
By fillerbunny9 2017-12-19 15:48:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Anyone got an updated Last Stand set?

Scroll Up a little bit.

Also does anyone use Oshosi as part of a Triple Shot set? Or are they not worth it?

I believe that Oshosi head/hands/legs are BiS when Triple Shot is up. also, don't forget your Empy Body 119.

Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
I've got a Herculean helm aug'd w/ 26 macc, 21 mab.
Is that still losing to Pixie's INT/MAB w/o a wsd augment for Leaden?

Pixie isn't JUST MAB, it's Dark aligned, which makes it a separate multiplier outside of the normal MAB calculations, and would essentially take a PERFECTLY Augmented Herculean Helm to be about equivalent. just buy a Pixie +1 or do WoE, you'll get more out of your time than you would Augment roulette at Oseem.
 Sylph.Oraen
Server: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2017-12-19 16:00:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone got an updated Last Stand set? Also does anyone use Oshosi as part of a Triple Shot set? Or are they not worth it?

ItemSet 355535

AGI/WSD on Herc pieces and the cape.

Oshosi head and feet are 100% worth it during triple shot, as we don't have many other attractive options for those slots. Legs and hands are also a great choice if losing the STP from Adhemar doesn't drop your X-hit.
First Page 2 3 ... 147 148 149 ... 156 157 158