First Page 2 3 ... 220 221 222 ... 224 225 226
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-12-04 13:01:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Found an easymode way to kill the Giant king as a SL1.
Game is a lot more freedom to play through SL1 than the others, as it's intuitive control and base stat systems really shines with how much versatility you're given

YouTube Video Placeholder
What's this "2-hand blocking" mechanic that I never knew about?
How do you 2-hand your left-hand shield anyways? And does blocking in 2-h mode lessen stamina depletion?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [36 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2017-01-10 12:31:41
Link | Quote | Reply

There hasn't been any info on when the second DLC hits for DS3 right?

Also have a Ludwig

And Maria
[+]
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-01-11 00:21:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope but it's expected to be this year. I would guess June. :P
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2017-01-11 00:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the ***quality, I wasn't in the know for how to record back when I kicked her booty.

Ina vids make me want to replay Bloodborne.

Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-01-23 14:33:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I know it's going to be short and probably not many bosses like the first one, but oh well... squeeeeee!

[+]

Post deleted by User.
By Gruknor 2017-01-24 12:52:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Nioh is a soul like game. The last chance demo was fun. You got to play with other people in a co-op thing.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Server: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2017-01-24 14:02:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Much excite for the DLC2
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-01-25 13:35:50
Link | Quote | Reply

By Viciouss 2017-02-06 19:34:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
For those interested in Souls-Like games, here is a list of games I've been keeping track of that have some, if not heavy Dark Souls inspiration.

Nioh
Platform: PlayStation 4
Modes: Single-player & Multiplayer
Release Dates: TBA
Developer: Team Ninja
Publisher: Koei Tecmo
Producer: Kou Shibusawa

Notes: Basically Samurai Souls but has it's own unique elements that make it very interesting and exciting to see.

Its coming out tonight, and the reviews are very positive, 87 on Metacritic. It copies a lot of the Souls series, set in feudal Japan. I'm picking it up tomorrow.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-02-06 20:11:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
I know it's going to be short and probably not many bosses like the first one, but oh well... squeeeeee!
I'm really hoping it's longer because if it's short again idk if I'll buy Fromsoft dlc anymore :x... Whats there is good don't get me wrong, but $15 for only a couple hours of game play is just not something I can justify spending.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-02-06 20:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
I'm really hoping it's longer because if it's short again idk if I'll buy Fromsoft dlc anymore :x... Whats there is good don't get me wrong, but $15 for only a couple hours of game play is just not something I can justify spending.
It would be really nice if they'd do Bloodborne level at least, or Dark Souls 1 level. Those were nice additions and nice in length imo, particularly the Bloodborne one.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-02-06 20:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Even bloodborn I'm a bit iffy about, same deal, quality is good but at $20 the DLC almost costs more than the base game barring sales :x I seem to remember DS1s DLC being like 20 or 25 too for the PS3 since they priced it as an expansion, and still not long enough to justify costing 1/3 the price of a release game.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-02-06 22:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

No, 1/3 the price of a new game for 3-5 hours of content is still kinda a big deal.

because that money could have gone towards another new, full, game.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-02-06 22:32:18
Link | Quote | Reply

DLC/expansions are almost never worth their cost, unless it's an MMO style one, and even that is debatable given that the core concepts in an MMO generally don't change given a new expansion.

They have to make a profit, and of course, they're going to keep the price for it high upon release of both the main game and the DLC(gotta make up for advert costs, failure of projected sales, manufacturing bill etc etc.). The real caveat is, is that in the modern age, they usually have the DLC already pre-made, well ahead of time, and just wait to release it knowing that they can make more money that way. The DLCs that Fromsoftware makes have yet to give me this vibe, though I'm sure they're at least partially guilty of it.

Though Ashes of Ariandel gave the vibe of, "Hey, we don't want to do anymore Souls games, so enjoy this or sod off." Which I mean, you gotta give them credit. They've stuck with this same game model since Demons' Souls, and it hasn't changed dramatically over the course of 5 games(8 years). Yet, they managed to make it intriguing and compelling each time they released another portion. If they're faltering now, I'm willing to forgive them, though I will certainly be pissed in the moment, if Ringed City is another Ashes.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-02-06 22:37:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I mean, if you don't PVP much, then I suppose Ashes didn't provide much content for you.

In my case, I've gotten.. a LOT of time out of the Colosseum. And as short as Ashes was, I got two really enjoyable boss fights and some pretty decently challenging areas to trek through and some fairly interesting lore tidbits.

Also, a bunch of pretty cool weapons.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-02-06 23:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Cherche said: »
I mean, if you don't PVP much, then I suppose Ashes didn't provide much content for you.
That's sorta thing thing, I like PvP, but I don't like the whole 1 on 1 duel thing. I want people to invade my world and use everything they have to try and kill me, be it estus, baiting me into mobs, any and all dirty tricks they can bring. Getting these types of invasions are what I enjoy most about the game because it challenges me to think not just play, and makes it exciting regardless of if I survive or die. So when an invader runs up to me and proceeds to bow it leaves me softer than fresh playdough... So yeah the Arena doesn't do much for me.

Rolling it into ashes (dispute the lore reason) was a blatant excuse for them to jack up the price a bit more. The Arena and Ashes should have been separate DLCs.

Sylph.Cherche said: »
I got two really enjoyable boss fights and some pretty decently challenging areas to trek through and some fairly interesting lore tidbits.
Frede was cool, I found the gravekeeper kinda lame though... The area was great, lore was cool, it just wasn't $15 worth even by DLC standards and left me feeling "I'm sorry, that's it?" when I beat Frede. I actually looked online because I felt sure I must have missed some stuff yet wasn't finding anything else. But the only thing had been the followers saber.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2017-02-06 23:16:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, to each their own. I found the DLC well worth the price tag. I suspect Ringed City will be as well.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2017-02-07 01:07:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
You Canadians and your overpriced games.
Actually I'm saying this because, during the time I lived in Toronto, CAD had higher value than USD lol >_> And being a foreigner whose income wasn't in CAD, it meant I was paying more than I normally do.

On topic: I recall hearing that Ringed City will be longer than Ashes.
I bought the season pass ($25) long ago. I wish they would've released both DLCs for something like $20, but it really isn't a big deal. Artorias, Old Hunters & Ashes were all quality DLCs, and their playtime was decent. That said, I don't like it when people measure quality with a quantitative unit like "hours" alone. As long as it isn't abysmally short, it's ok. They added levels, enemies, NPCs, gear, boss encounters, and expanded on the lore. As long as it doesn't feel like filler/pointless expansion and has value on its own (i.e. contributes to the overall experience of the game), it's all good.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2017-02-07 05:53:27
Link | Quote | Reply

People actually paid for Ashes DLC?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-02-07 13:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Brahmsz said: »
People actually paid for Ashes DLC?
Yes, we did, most of us had fun.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2017-02-07 13:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

If I had to say my favourite DLC, Bloodborne's would win hands down.

Artorias and Kalameet are great bosses too.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2017-02-07 13:37:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodborne DLC gonna be hard to top. It's the hardest time I've had with a Souls game DLC, and also hardest time I've had with a boss(Orphan of Kos) in any of the Souls games.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Gawdless
By Pwolf Drkgawd 2017-02-07 13:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Best part about the Bloodborne dlc was that it was meaty. Lots of bosses and miniboss hunters. Decent amount of zones, weapons, and armor. First DS3 dlc was pretty short. And what only 2 bosses?
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2017-02-07 14:22:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Pwolf Drkgawd said: »
Best part about the Bloodborne dlc was that it was meaty. Lots of bosses and miniboss hunters. Decent amount of zones, weapons, and armor. First DS3 dlc was pretty short. And what only 2 bosses?
Yeah, you could count Vilhelm as a mini boss I guess and there was 1 npc invasion... though the champion gravetender/wolf felt mini bossish as well to me.

Frede was easily one of the best bosses I've encountered in a long time though, even if overall the DLC left me feeling like I ordered a meal that came out much smaller than I was expecting.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 220 221 222 ... 224 225 226