Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 215 216 217 ... 224 225 226
 Asura.Ina
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2016-10-24 23:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

It's up now... I was just confused because I thought you guys usually get thursday releases.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-24 23:34:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Starting from scratch to experience the DLC as if I was going through the game from nothing!
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-10-25 00:15:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I just haven't played since it was announced to let what ability I have atrophy lol
[+]
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-10-25 00:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Am I doing messages right?
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-25 01:12:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Invading people at level 1, and somehow these two guys got the mimic under the dragon to come out and all the way down to the stairs lol.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-25 01:47:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, I can never get a tongue with those first cracked red eyes Leonhard gives you. Always get twinked or at the bare minimum, have to fight with two people with no advantages.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-25 06:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure what to make of first boss in DLC.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-25 06:59:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah this boss is like... well, I guess Fromsoftware was out of ideas.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-25 13:59:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Get it half dead, then where's the opening. Never any openings after that point. What the actual *** is this boss. It's like the AS3 of Dark Souls.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-10-25 14:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Good! I look forward to drink deep of my own tears.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-25 20:37:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I beat the NPC dude, got the bonfire and then unlocked the shortcut lift from that bonfire and called it a night.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-26 00:47:39
Link | Quote | Reply

This boss was very hard for me.
 Asura.Regicide
user: voiceless
By Asura.Regicide 2016-10-26 02:57:29
Link | Quote | Reply

heres the really real first Dark souls owned this game never finished it was too difficult for me
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-26 21:11:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bah reached the *** boss of bitchdom, I heard there was a boss I missed out on, so I might hunt him down first but spoilers for my boss fight...
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-26 22:55:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Bah reached the *** boss of bitchdom, I heard there was a boss I missed out on, so I might hunt him down first but spoilers for my boss fight...
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-27 04:07:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Gank - by 2000 used as the verb to describe a situation of many players or NPCs attacking one; gamer slang, perhaps borrowed from hip-hop and drug-abuse slang (where it is attested by 1995 in the sense of "to rob, to rip off"); perhaps by 1990 in sports jargon. Of unknown origin; perhaps ultimately based on gang. Related: Ganked ; ganking.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-10-27 07:22:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Also videos... did my first pull + clear like my other uploads
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-27 08:11:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-10-27 08:21:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Vyre said: »
Asura.Ina said: »
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-27 08:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

To be fair, I think I'm pretty overpowered right now, since in my trophy hunting I did 3 playthroughs, on my third playthrough I just stuck around and got everything until I got the platinum.

It's at a point where the enemies give proportionately very small exp for what I need to level up so it's actually a massive chore to get enough exp to level up without dying and losing it.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-27 08:49:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Nothing wrong with being OP, and I don't know what you consider a chore. To me, any time I can grind for 10~ or so minutes and only get a level or two = ain't got no time to level, so most my characters soft cap out around the upper 90s. My builds usually aren't specialized though, so I do far less damage than I could be doing.

Highest in DS3 is 152, and that's my NG+3 guy. He's only that high cause once I accumulate a ton of souls just by wandering, I usually spend them. At some point I can't hold anymore consumables, and generally don't limit myself for the PVP meta either.

Highest guy in Bloodborne was my NG+3 guy as well, and he was like 160 something, maybe 170 something. Been a long while. Everything scales well in Bloodborne, so levels don't stop being noticeably useful for a long time. Demons' Souls guy was like 68 or something like that at end of first and so far only playthrough. DS1, something like level 107 for my highest guy. DS2, I put down out of disgust, something like 88 though, right near the end at Vendrick's Castle.

Anyway, nothing wrong with being OP, there was some dude who maxed his Skill/Arcane/STR in Bloodborne, and then he put on the 3 Visceral Atack +%damage runes, and he two shots the last DLC boss with backstabs on NG+7. Sometimes I wish I had the patience to level up that much, but nah lol. Two things I'll probably never have the patience for, SL1 challenges and getting level 802 or whatever.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-10-27 08:59:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I was 101 doing the DLC, I'd be a lot higher but I don't really like going over powered for a first play through on stuff, so I've dumped a ton of souls into just buying all the spells, armour and weapons I'll never use just so I'm not running around with millions of them lol. Haven't gone into ng+ yet because I want to save the file for DLC when it comes out and haven't done any other characters yet.

Edit: Like a part of me wants to go full ham on leveling but at the same time I feel like I'm doing Dark Souls wrong if I over level the content first time through.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-27 09:11:27
Link | Quote | Reply

The guy you see in my vid is level 100 exactly when I fought His weakness is that I branched out his stats too much. I have like 2 or 3 too many levels in Attunement, and his faith is disproportionately high, because before I found my love for GMS, I wanted him to use Lightning Blade to buff his sword.

He also has too many points in vitality or whatever the stat is called that increases equipment load. He was my 2nd character, and for a while I had him jack of all tradesing, so he would have a Talisman, shield, staffx2, and two different weapons(3 if you count P. Flame) on at the same time.

If I had his stats more properly distributed, he would be dealing a lot more damage, similar or more than Ina. Alas, I am lazy, and did not elect to invade/duel someone for a pale tongue to reallocate his stats.
 Asura.Ina
By Asura.Ina 2016-10-27 09:23:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Mine is pretty much pure physical focus... 40 str, 35 dex (with the dex ring to bring it to 40) 30 vigor and Vitality. I put enough points attune/int/faith to be able to use the flame sword thing but stopped at that because I'm not all that into playing spell casters.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-27 09:28:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm a Magic Sword/Shield lover, obviously. I like to buff my weapons/armor/self. That's my favorite way to play in just about any RPG. Buff > Flex > Smash! The faith requirement for Lightning Blade is 30(which is mildly infuriating, because it's really not that much stronger than Dark Blade, Greater Magic Weapon, Carthus Flame Arc, or Resins even). I mean, yeah, it is quite a bit stronger than them, but it's not really worth investing 5~16 more levels in Faith to get over the other things.

Though I do make Ultra Great type weapons users on occasion/usually first playthrough.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-27 15:35:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I suppose I feel a bit dirty about summoning for the boss fight but meh I saw her gimmicks and frankly the execution move was starting to get on my nerves. Plus it's fun to wail on her with 2 buddies.

Lol anyone wanna take up this undead match malarky at some point?
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2016-10-27 15:50:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Corvian Greatknife is now my favorite weapon I've used so far.

Shanks for days.

And I'm down for pvp.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-27 16:00:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Bear in mind I am level 233, yeah I was surprised myself.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-10-29 17:59:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking for excuse to bump thread, here have an extra crispy beast.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-10-29 18:23:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I love BSB since I can do the fight without getting hit, never tried but I could probably beat BSB with any weapon, even unarmed.
First Page 2 3 ... 215 216 217 ... 224 225 226