Dark Souls & other Souls-Likes
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 224 225 226
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-02-05 17:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Man, despite being a biiiig Souls fan, I haven't played Dark Souls 2 yet :/ I have it on Steam, but I never got around to playing it. It overheats my laptop when run at max settings, and it kinda makes me feel uneasy to play it with lower-than-max settings. Shall I just wait for the PS4 version?

The good thing about the PS4 version is that you get all DLC's with it, and IIRC, it's priced at $40, so it's not a bad deal.
By zoris 2015-02-06 16:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sure a fair number of users are aware of this limited time "event", but just in case please check this out if you have some questions regarding Bloodborne that you would like to hear answered by Miyazaki Hidetaka himself.

YouTube Video Placeholder
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-06 17:51:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Very cool, I bet the few people who get their question picked are going to be so happy.
 Asura.Sabishii
Server: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-02-06 19:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone else actually pissed at the "re-release" of dark souls 2? Not the console versions, but the PC VERSIONS. They're releasing a new version for PC that's direct X11, full price, on different servers on the PC. So the PC community will be split in half, they're milking us twice, and it's the same game, but with a little better graphics and whatever else they're throwing in. It should be a free PC update, or a cheaper upgrade over steam or something. It should all be on the same set of servers, not PC direct X9 servers and PC direct X11 servers, that's ridiculous.

I'm just surprised no one has mentioned that, or no one else here knows about it.

(and before anyone jumps on my case telling me I'm wrong I'm getting my info from HERE:)

VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-06 19:49:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Incorrect, they are releasing the new version on PC for a reduced price. They haven't came out and said how much of a reduction it is but it will be much less than the console versions.
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-02-06 19:54:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Kalila said: »
Incorrect, they are releasing the new version on PC for a reduced price. They haven't came out and said how much of a reduction it is but it will be much less than the console versions.

Really? I guess that makes it somewhat better, hope there's like a way to transfer your characters over or something.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-06 19:56:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Sabishii said: »

Really? I guess that makes it somewhat better, hope there's like a way to transfer your characters over or something.
Now that I'm not sure of, but I know that PC will be discounted. It's only fair really. If they were making a new version for PS3 then I would have complaints.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-06 20:13:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, in that video, the guy goes on about how it's "ridiculous" that the community is being split up even more.

Let's sit back and LOGICALLY think about this. Let's say they didn't split the community, and that PS3 players were connected to PS4 players, Xbox players were connected to Xbox1 players, and PC was connected to PC.

Let me ask you this, how could you POSSIBLY have 6 players, if one of your party members is on PS3? Xbox360? For PC sure, no problem, I get it. However, for the previous consoles it's most likely a memory issue. I'm positive that From Software used the resources available to them for the PS3 to do what they could with networking, and didn't leave very much wiggle room.

So if you have someone that has a version of the game that can't support 6 players, and they join a party of 6, how does that work? It doesn't.

PC is being sold at a reduced price most likely because of this. I'm sure that if they really tried they could get the DX9 version to support 6, but they need something I guess for working on an update.

Maybe they'll figure out a way, like, a prompt when summoning a last gen user saying your party size will be limited if you bring them into your world. However I can't think of a way for invaders to work.

I guess you could set a server option, where you're connected to both in your options menu but you're limited, or you can stay on the new servers and play with 6.
 Asura.Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-02-06 20:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I see why the PS3/PS4 versions and XBOX/XBONE are different servers, but the PC versions I don't like they're splitting THAT community.

Because it's a PC game.

Which doesn't have the same memory limitations a console game has.

Only problem I can see is that adding graphics and 6 players, etc. for the old PC version would increase the system requirements, which I guess they don't want to do, so they justify it by releasing a whole new game for PC with the increase in system requirements. You'd think the direct X11 version could just be an option though, since it's a PC game.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-06 20:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea, I can agree on PC, because even with a DX9 limitation I think 6 players could work.

I think in the case of PC, it really is just a push for players to buy the game again. However at a reduced price I think it's at least a little fair, since you are purchasing for updated graphics and redesign of enemies.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2015-02-06 22:24:34
Link | Quote | Reply

two words: Steam Sales. it'll be $10 by the end of the year, so if you don't want to pay for it again just wait for that and get an improved version of the game for the same cost as a cheap DLC.
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-07 01:00:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Gwyn, Lord of Cinder - Dark Souls 8 Bit
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-13 05:45:53
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-02-16 10:46:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bloodborne - Soundtrack Recording Session - Behind the Scenes

SO GOOOOOD D;
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-20 23:16:33
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm currently updating the OP for Bloodborne stuffs, also adding a spreadsheet for users who are currently playing (made this one shorter for reasons). I included Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I, Dark Souls II, and Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, for those who are currently playing those games, or for those who wish to list their username for matchmaking planning, and stuffs like that.

Gamertag List:

To add your name to the list please use this link

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN IN. You are allowed to make anonymous edits. Please be respectful and only edit the workbook if you intend to add yourself to the list. This is not a universal member name > gamertag list for entire site. Only list your name if you own Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I, Dark Souls II, or Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, or plan to, this way members of the site can coordinate playing together, matchmaking, etc.

After you click the link, the only thing you'll need to do is click "EDIT IN BROWSER", then add your FORUM name, then the gamertag/username for the platform you play the game on. Please do not copy and paste a cell, this will cause borders to look weird and I'll have to open it up to fix it.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-03-20 23:34:21
Link | Quote | Reply

does it auto save kali? also it says Xenoverse ;p ya may wana fix ya post
By Voren 2015-03-20 23:35:11
Link | Quote | Reply

You know you're legit when you get an orchestra and choir for your soundtrack
[+]
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-20 23:35:13
Link | Quote | Reply

:) oops, thanks ohji
[+]
MSPaint Winner
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
By Ohji Lunartail 2015-03-20 23:37:42
Link | Quote | Reply

btw i have all souls games and might pick up the ps4 version of DS2 on the 7th <kinda tight on money atm due to having to rebuild a car door lol
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-20 23:39:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I say list your name if you plan to buy it in the future, that way others know you're interested even if you don't have it right yet (well, no one has it right now).
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-20 23:39:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, yes it auto-saves in real time, so you can just make an edit and close the tab when you're done.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-23 15:20:45
Link | Quote | Reply

bump:
I'm currently updating the OP for Bloodborne stuffs, also adding a spreadsheet for users who are currently playing (made this one shorter for reasons). I included Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I, Dark Souls II, and Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, for those who are currently playing those games, or for those who wish to list their username for matchmaking planning, and stuffs like that.

Gamertag List:

To add your name to the list please use this link

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SIGN IN. You are allowed to make anonymous edits. Please be respectful and only edit the workbook if you intend to add yourself to the list. This is not a universal member name > gamertag list for entire site. Only list your name if you own Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls I, Dark Souls II, or Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin, or plan to, this way members of the site can coordinate playing together, matchmaking, etc.

After you click the link, the only thing you'll need to do is click "EDIT IN BROWSER", then add your FORUM name, then the gamertag/username for the platform you play the game on. Please do not copy and paste a cell, this will cause borders to look weird and I'll have to open it up to fix it.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-23 16:35:55
Link | Quote | Reply

anyone who's buying the strategy guide, here is an update on it:

IMPORTANT UPDATE
=> The page count is increased from 400 to 528 pages.
=> The Collector's Edition guide is delayed to include important game changes applied through the Day-One-Update, ensuring that it will be up-to-date and that online-only elements are covered.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2015-03-23 16:58:00
Link | Quote | Reply

(well, no one has it right now).
Maybe none of us, but people have been streaming it since about Thursday. Mom and Pop game shops tend to not give a damn about strict release dates.

Stopped in one of them very briefly, game looked amazing.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-23 17:54:22
Link | Quote | Reply

D; *rolls around in anticipation*
 Asura.Taidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Asura.Taidis 2015-03-23 19:24:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh ffs is it coming out? ***, ***, ***, ***.

I have money in the bank but I've been very held back on getting a PS4, may have to convince a family member to drive me into my closest GAME and buy 1 there, I have a £100 gift card from November 2013.

God damn you Bloodborne!
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2015-03-23 19:30:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm probably going to wait a bit for the first round of people to play it before i jump into it. D: but yeah super hype, finally a reason to turn on my ps4 o/
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-23 20:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Reviews go live in 1 hour
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-23 21:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Hmmm...

I haven't experienced it yet myself (since the game isn't out yet), but people are saying that load times in bloodborne are long, 40 sec long. 40 sec after every death.

._.; um.... what
VIP
By Kalila 2015-03-23 21:12:29
Link | Quote | Reply

All review scores I'm finding are 9/10 or above, but some sites like IGN are delaying their review because they got a copy late.
First Page 2 3 ... 164 165 166 ... 224 225 226