Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » Berserkers Axe
Berserkers Axe
 Bahamut.Pomp
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: pomp
By Bahamut.Pomp 2011-05-05 12:21:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just hit 69 and eventually able to use my Berserkers Axe(that i bought ages age), but on my way to 69 i had also picked up a Bhuj+1 and a foolkiller.

Question is, how long do i keep my Berserker and is it actually worth changing to either of the other 2 gaxes, if so which and when?

ta
By Artemicion 2011-05-05 12:26:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Berserker's Axe has an incredibly high base DMG for its level and will generally outperform other great axes within the level vicinity.
I'd hang onto it until you get something like a Perdu Voulge/Byakko's Axe, or until you're high enough to begin your own magian trial axes or a Vermeil Bhuj.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-05-05 14:04:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Pomp said:
Just hit 69 and eventually able to use my Berserkers Axe(that i bought ages age), but on my way to 69 i had also picked up a Bhuj+1 and a foolkiller.

Question is, how long do i keep my Berserker and is it actually worth changing to either of the other 2 gaxes, if so which and when?

ta

keep it til vermy bhuj/warlord's/widowmaker

perdus and byakkos would be miniscule DPS improvments that were significant back @ 75 cap, and getting a vermy bhuj is honestly just about effortless
 Bahamut.Zorander
Server: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-05-05 14:14:04
Link | Quote | Reply

When you are bored and have some free time..head out to Grauberg and see if anyone is doing Alfard chances are they will be going for Emp Weap or +2's politely ask if they need the GA if they don't either offer to buy it or help them with kills to get the GA.

Once you have Widowmaker other GA's don't matter just get to 90 to use it. (not including Emp/WoE)