Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 18245 18246 18247 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2015-11-30 01:29:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
My Black Op 3 Original Orihime Emblem, not perfect but pretty good actually. And a sneak peak at my ISIL flag that for some reason prohibits the text ISIS but not ISIL (Obama wants you to think there is no Syrian element to the Islamic State)
The "L" in "ISIL" stands for "Levant", which is a geographical area that includes Syria.

The reason some call it ISIL is because it's a direct translation of "Daesh", which is the Arabic acronym. The "sh" letter stands for "Sham", which is the levant.
[+]
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
Server: Sylph
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-11-30 01:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey. Hey. Random thought here:

If you're developing a game right now, and you're thinking of making an underwater world. STOP. Just stop.
 Bahamut.Soraishin
Server: Bahamut
user: Soraishin
By Bahamut.Soraishin 2015-11-30 02:15:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Bahamut.Soraishin said: »
My Black Op 3 Original Orihime Emblem, not perfect but pretty good actually. And a sneak peak at my ISIL flag that for some reason prohibits the text ISIS but not ISIL (Obama wants you to think there is no Syrian element to the Islamic State)
The "L" in "ISIL" stands for "Levant", which is a geographical area that includes Syria.

The reason some call it ISIL is because it's a direct translation of "Daesh", which is the Arabic acronym. The "sh" letter stands for "Sham", which is the levant.

I liked their dialogue on the subject actually.

Click me
 Sylph.Kuwoobie
user: Kuwoobie
By Sylph.Kuwoobie 2015-11-30 02:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh boy. I love talk radio. It's filled with helpful and informative information that isn't the slightest bit sensationalized or skewed for entertainment or shock value at all.
By Ackeron 2015-11-30 05:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Magnuss said: »
Asura.Floppyseconds said: »
Anna Ruthven said: »
And Adele sucks.
How dare you...

She sucks real bad. Let the sky fall on her.
Most music today is crap, in my opinion. I still buy CDs because I'll be damned if I have to listen to the radio and to me, I need that tangible piece that connects me with the last era where music was still awesome.

There are certain bands today that I'm still a huge fan of, but most of those have roots from the era where music was still awesome.

To me, I feel like Don McLean's epic "American Pie" isn't speaking of Disco, but rather the abomination that is "music" past the mid-2000's.

You all can keep your whips and your nae naes, I'll be forever cemented with black hole suns and heart-shaped boxes.
I have a Rock radio station near me that is also mostly stuck in the past. Least I haven't heard anything you listed on it before, aside from American Pie anyhow.

It is great.
By Yatenkou 2015-11-30 07:27:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
I have a Rock radio station near me that is also mostly stuck in the past. Least I haven't heard anything you listed on it before, aside from American Pie anyhow.

It is great.
Drove my Chevy to the levee but the levee was dry...
[+]
 leo
By leo 2015-11-30 07:34:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Recovered the data, reinstalled windows. Reupdating, dot dot dot *stares at the progress bar*.

*** Adele and *** Windows anything.

I suggested you burnt in the system with a diag tool to avoid frustrations. Since you wiped the darnedest thing already and it kept giving you headaches hardware fault is a possibility you should consider.

Usually, when I have time to spare, I get some small harddrive and install the desired OS on the computer (while keeping it's original OS install as is) then proceed to try to use it with that expendable OS, to see how it behaves.

More than often there's a hardware fault and the OS is not to blame. I remember 20 years ago reinstalling the OS every couple of months was common, due to the DLL poisoning problem. A really annoying problem.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Enternius
By Owari Monogatari 2015-11-30 07:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Kuwoobie said: »
Hey. Hey. Random thought here:

If you're developing a game right now, and you're thinking of making an underwater world. STOP. Just stop.
Unless it's a horror game. Then make like 5 or 10 more of those.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-30 08:12:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought my nephew an e-book for Christmas, when I wrap it, should I put the tag as being from me or from Santa?
By Ackeron 2015-11-30 08:29:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I bought my nephew an e-book for Christmas, when I wrap it, should I put the tag as being from me or from Santa?
Depends is he getting anything else from you? If not then let his parents worry about the from Santa stuff.
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2015-11-30 09:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Two things I'm observing with smart phones being everywhere:

1) My students (college freshmen) are not as capable with computers as people my age (I'm 28). I presume it's because with my age group, all of the stupid crap like Facebook, etc, were done exclusively through a computer, whereas kids these days can do that stuff on a phone or tablet. The result is that about half the kids I teach (as computer-focused course) don't know how to find the C: on their own.

2) People (or specifically, co-workers) expect that you'll check your email frequently since a lot of people can access them through their phone. The result is that some time sensitive things get drawn out much longer than they need to be.
[+]
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-11-30 09:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Endoq
Server: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2015-11-30 11:37:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Good morning RT!
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-11-30 11:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Do you want this cat?
[+]
By Kittykite 2015-11-30 12:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

wip
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-11-30 12:23:57
Link | Quote | Reply

You captured Dracs essence perfectly.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
Server: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2015-11-30 13:23:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Drac's Galka name, "Dancing Bear."
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-30 14:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-30 14:37:41
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
By volkom 2015-11-30 14:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

there was a gif/video on reddit a few days ago that was a 3D model representation of what the operation of a sex change from male to female looks like.

now my perception of transgender peeps is all weird now
By Ackeron 2015-11-30 15:02:10
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
there was a gif/video on reddit a few days ago that was a 3D model representation of what the operation of a sex change from male to female looks like.

now my perception of transgender peeps is all weird now
I saw that too it should have ended with,
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-30 15:15:39
Link | Quote | Reply

You mean you guys had never seen a sex change operation before? >.> You have the internet, right?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-30 15:16:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Only weird people watch that stuff
[+]
By Ackeron 2015-11-30 15:16:28
Link | Quote | Reply

We don't all go out of our way to see nuts being sliced off like you kojo.
VIP
By Jassik 2015-11-30 15:16:29
Link | Quote | Reply

On another note. A simple troubleshooting drivers causing Blue Screens of Death turned into never getting to that step.

Figured it was a conflict with 8.1 and some random driver. So, let's just go to 10 and then troubleshoot. Maybe it won't even happen anymore.
So, in order to do that we have to get the old 8 updates never installed out of the way.

Install them, fine, restart, some critical error flashes. Then we can't even boot at all. Just "insert media and press any key" after the BIOS screen.

So... now the ***has hit the fan..

Have to burn a Windows 8 recovery media to my flashdrive, which takes ~1:45:00 of the 3ish I have total left. Nothing is working so I say *** it and restore back.

Fine, we are back to last week on the PC. Everything is fine.

Updates install fine. We are good. I go "hey let's restart to see if it all works before I send you home".

*** desktop is no longer accessible apparently the error keeps spamming me with.

Restart again hoping it goes away, and it doesn't.

Go to restore. The restore points are all gone and it is off for some reason..

So, then there is the freakout I have to get nailed with as if I wanted this to happen.

Now, I will be up all night fixing this. Reformatting, reinstalling, reupdating, going to 10, and then making sure it all works so I can give this back in the morning. Drive 7.5 hours to class after doing no assignments obviously, annnnnd then shot myself in the head.

What blue screen are you getting?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-30 15:17:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I've seen some ***.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2015-11-30 15:20:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Ackeron said: »
We don't all go out of our way to see nuts being sliced off like you kojo.
I found I understood the change better after watching.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2015-11-30 15:23:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I happened upon that gif set (Of the surgery) whilst i was browsing Imgur.... Right when it came up on my screen my brother walked passed stared at me like "Wtf" then left.

=-=;
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-11-30 15:23:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
I've seen some ***.

[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18245 18246 18247 ... 22553 22554 22555