Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 17560 17561 17562 ... 22572 22573 22574
 Asura.Ackeronll
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-07-01 21:26:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Kali, I think you mean, why is it so hard to deal with idiots who can't handle simple mechanics.

Which is why the parties disband. No one wants to deal with trash-tier players who can't grasp the concept of "dodge", etc.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-07-01 21:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
No one wants to deal with trash-tier players who can't grasp the concept of "dodge", etc.

YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2015-07-01 21:35:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Yep, figured those videos would be posted. Everyone loves a good ole' game of dodge.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-07-01 21:45:50
Link | Quote | Reply

You can ask anyone in my FC. I preach the 5 Ds of Dodge all the time.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ivlilla
user: cevkiv
By Asura.Ivlilla 2015-07-01 22:06:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Josiahkf said: »
Kalila said: »
The stresses of XIV coming back to me again. I don't understand why it's such a struggle to find a group to clear Primal fights ; ; just makes me so upset when it takes an hour to find 2 healers, then after 3 attempts the entire group disbands. It never changes, every update after a new primal it's always like this. just so stressed, why should it be this hard to do content in an MMO. I love difficult games, but at least in games like Dark Souls I can blame myself and know it's my fault. Why is it so hard for me to deal with XIV.
this is why I like soloing so much; I am tired of people failing me most importantly because what I'm doing is trying to get a clear or help someone else. So I end up feeling like I let that person down by choosing you and you *** up and wasting everyone's time etc. And if the event is purely for my own benefit then I'm not going to bother to ask you to come, and we wouldn't be in the situation in the first place.

when I play solo games or 1 v 1 games it's purely skill vs skill, not "whose team has the smallest number of morons"

This is indeed the most frustrating thing about MMOs, and it's what makes me want to throw my PC out the window playing XI.

I have two friends that I play with most of the time. We're able to clear a lot of content three man than a lot of other people seem to think is amazingly difficult and cannot believe it can be done. I don't think that any of what we do is particularly difficult -- 3 man tojil as DNC WHM GEO is honestly entirely "can the WHM chainspam Cure III" -- but enough people apparently are completely unable to do some of this content with full parties or alliances that we do three man, and whenever we are forced to find more people, for whatever reason, things start to go bad. Part of this is people are idiots who are only able to do specific strategies which are not optimal, but are mostly idiot proof. Another part of it is people who are just idiots and incapable of playing their jobs.

BRDs who do two songs and then pick their nose, COR/WHM who won't stop shooting (and missing) to erase/cursna, DDs who can't hit ***because they don't have the accuracy to do it and refuse to swap out their non-ilvl gear for ilvl stuff on level 119/+ content, MNKs who don't know what Formless Strikes is, A/O PLDs who don't know what supertanking is, SCH who don't know they can self skillchain, BLMs who refuse to stop nuking when they keep generating too much enmity, the list goes on and on and on and on.
 Bismarck.Patrik
Server: Bismarck
user: Patrik
By Bismarck.Patrik 2015-07-01 23:02:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually got incredibly lucky today with a Ravana ex clear group. We spent 2-3 hours of trial and error trying to get that fight done and finally won in the end. I was seriously shocked that no one left through that all and everyone got a little better each time. Probably the first time I've really had that happen in XIV.

Post deleted by User.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-07-02 01:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Patrik said: »
I actually got incredibly lucky today with a Ravana ex clear group. We spent 2-3 hours of trial and error trying to get that fight done and finally won in the end. I was seriously shocked that no one left through that all and everyone got a little better each time. Probably the first time I've really had that happen in XIV.
I don't know, just had a really rough day.

Seeing so many people I know run around with Hive weapons, but I've been asking for help on Bismark all day and all I can get is randoms who leave me after 3 attempts after having to wait an hour just to get them to join my group.

So depressing. I don't even know what to feel anymore.
By Aelius 2015-07-02 01:10:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is ok. This is all you need right now.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2015-07-02 06:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

The stresses of XIV coming back to me again.

I don't understand why it's such a struggle to find a group to clear Primal fights ; ; just makes me so upset when it takes an hour to find 2 healers, then after 3 attempts the entire group disbands.

It never changes, every update after a new primal it's always like this.

just so stressed, why should it be this hard to do content in an MMO. I love difficult games, but at least in games like Dark Souls I can blame myself and know it's my fault.

Why is it so hard for me to deal with XIV.
Make it as a learning party instead, clear or farm parties attract players looking for a free ride. As a learning party you might need to teach someone but people who join learning parties over going straight to clear parties typically put in the effort.
By fonewear 2015-07-02 07:07:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't understand why it's such a struggle to find a group to clear Primal fights ; ; just makes me so upset when it takes an hour to find 2 healers, then after 3 attempts the entire group disbands.

just so stressed, why should it be this hard to do content in an MMO. I love difficult games, but at least in games like Dark Souls I can blame myself and know it's my fault.

There is a new concept called not playing anymore. I did it 2 years ago. I don't regret it.
VIP
By Kalila 2015-07-02 09:00:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »

Make it as a learning party instead, clear or farm parties attract players looking for a free ride. As a learning party you might need to teach someone but people who join learning parties over going straight to clear parties typically put in the effort.
All I've been trying to make are learning parties, and even putting "don't join if you're just going to give up after 3 tries".

People still give up after 3.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-02 09:08:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Those who can't, teach; those who can't teach, do.
[+]
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2015-07-02 09:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Those who can't, teach; those who can't teach, do.
At my college those who can't teach, teach.
[+]
By fonewear 2015-07-02 09:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't a teacher just someone that failed to ever leave college ? Cause the real world is a scary place. The controlled environment of university is comforting to them.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
Server: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2015-07-02 09:59:50
Link | Quote | Reply

We are all like snowflakes.
[+]
 Asura.Ackeronll
By Asura.Ackeronll 2015-07-02 10:04:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
We are all like snowflakes.
We melt when we get hot enough.
[+]
By Bloodrose 2015-07-02 10:13:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bite my shiny metal snowflake.
By fonewear 2015-07-02 10:26:03
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is anything more smug than a college professor...I haven't heard of it !
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2015-07-02 10:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Aelius said: »

Is ok. This is all you need right now.
despair...

New Bubble Wrap Will No Longer Pop When You Squeeze It
http://www.today.com/news/bubble-wrap-lose-its-signature-pop-t29811
By Bloodrose 2015-07-02 10:46:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Welp, without the "pop" of bubble wrap to console me in my hour of need...

i'll start drinking more.
[+]
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-07-02 11:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Won the top prize from the EX Gashacon; gold blueprints for the GM Late Type (assault equipment). :Q

Now to hope I get some good stats on it...
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-02 11:14:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Isn't that game going down? :0
MSPaint Winner
user: Leonkasai
By Leon Kasai 2015-07-02 11:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Isn't that game going down? :0
Nope. SD Gundam Online is going down.
Rumour has it that Mobile Suit Gundam Online is due for a big update soon. Something along the lines of maybe taking it into the Z Gundam era.

Woo~ Another Jim joins the team~
Lv8 out of a possible 10 ain't too shabby either.

Shame I got stuck with the Combat Custom passive though; it's the only ability of the 3 possible that's no good for me. Boosts melee ability, and I hate melee. It's nothing but *** Efreets and Gyans shanking me. ; ;
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2015-07-02 11:30:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh alright, I thought it was the same one

You mentioned a gashapon and I remembered the pic you linked saying the shop was going down
[+]
 Ragnarok.Yatenkou
Server: Ragnarok
user: Yatenkou
By Ragnarok.Yatenkou 2015-07-02 16:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

CLEAR!!!

*Shocks RT back to life*
[+]

Post deleted by User.