Whats A Good Anime To Watch?

Eorzea Time

Language: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Whats a good anime to watch?
Whats a good anime to watch?
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 44 45 46
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-03-25 14:59:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Boku dake ga Inai Machi
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-03-25 17:42:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Misao said: »

Boku dake ga Inai Machi
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
Boku dake ga inai machi.
I mentioned it like 5 posts ago!

If you liked the story, make sure to check the manga out. They left out some details and drastically changed how the final events unfold to squeeze the story into a 12-ep series.

Blazed1979 said: »
I'm trying to get into One Piece but I can't watch 733 episodes of anything. Is there an OVA or a video that covers everything I need to know? How about a summary of everything up until this point?
Bismarck.Dracondria said: »
Just read it, then watch the anime's current episode
You're telling him to read the manga I presume? That isn't really a better solution (and not everyone is into reading manga), it will still be a time sink (and no as enjoyable).

The thing about Onepiece is that you shouldn't worry about catching up - it doesn't matter. Watch it from time to time and try to enjoy individual arcs if you took a liking to the series. Skip/skim through what you find is meh (I watched plenty of episodes at x2 speed).
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [54 days between previous and next post]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2016-05-18 12:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone been watching "My hero Academia"? Pretty good, main character is your typical hopeless loser (seemed to have doubled down on that here) who eventually gets good I suppose.

Main character may be a bit toxic for you depending on what you like, I'm not fond of them, but the other characters are cool, and the idea of the anime as a whole is a pretty good, a lot like One Punch Man, minus ultimate badassary main character.

7 episodes aired so far, for anyone interested.
 Bismarck.Misao
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2016-05-18 12:50:37
Link | Quote | Reply

not a lot this season i thhink but so far my fav has been

wont spoil it much, but about a boy transported to a world much like an RPG, for reasons unknown, falls in love with a girl and gets tangled in a weird mess.
episode 1 is actually 2 episodes, 1a and 1b
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2016-05-18 12:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

but about a boy transported to a world much like an RPG, for reasons unknown, falls in love with a girl and gets tangled in a weird mess.

oh god, where have I seen this before ;s

thanks for the heads up on what not to watch! >.>
By Faelar 2016-05-18 13:02:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been enjoying Assassination Classroom recently. It's on Hulu.

[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-05-18 13:10:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
but about a boy transported to a world much like an RPG, for reasons unknown, falls in love with a girl and gets tangled in a weird mess.

oh god, where have I seen this before ;s

thanks for the heads up on what not to watch! >.>

Quote:
Suddenly a high school student Natsuki Subaru has been summoned to another world on the way back from the convenience store. With the biggest crisis of his life being summoned to another world and no sign of the one who summoned him things become worse when he is attacked. But when he is saved by a mysterious silver-haired girl with a fairy cat, Subaru co-operates with the girl to return the favor. When they finally manage to get a clue Subaru and the girl are attacked and killed by someone. Subaru then awakens in the place he was summoned and notices the ability he gained "Returns by Death". A helpless boy that has the ability to rewind time by dying.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-18 13:51:36
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
Server: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: mikuu
By Hatsune Miku 2016-05-18 13:52:48
Link | Quote | Reply

^ Skjalf please there's children here.
MSPaint Winner
By Skjalfeirdotter 2016-05-18 17:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Hatsune Miku said: »
^ Skjalf please there's children here.

*covers Miku's eyes*

Oh wait...
Server: Excalibur
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-05-18 20:53:03
Link | Quote | Reply

And the Anime award for "Most Awkward Use of a Shotgun in a Bathroom Scene" goes to....
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-05-28 17:08:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone knows Luck and Logic? Is it good?
By iambatman3131 2016-05-28 20:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply

2 Pups 1 Cup.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-06-11 18:04:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm going to bump this thread, with the last 4 episodes Kiznaiver being as excellent as they have bee. I Recommend Kiznaiver.

Quote:
Katsuhira Agata is a quiet and reserved teenage boy whose sense of pain has all but vanished. His friend, Chidori Takashiro, can only faintly remember the days before Katsuhira had undergone this profound change. Now, his muffled and complacent demeanor make Katsuhira a constant target for bullies, who exploit him for egregious sums of money. But their fists only just manage to make him blink, as even emotions are far from his grasp.

However, one day Katsuhira, Chidori, and four other teenagers are abducted and forced to join the Kizuna System as official "Kiznaivers." Those taking part are connected through pain: if one member is injured, the others will feel an equal amount of agony. These individuals must become the lab rats and scapegoats of an incomplete system designed with world peace in mind. With their fates literally intertwined, the Kiznaivers must expose their true selves to each other, or risk failing much more than just the Kizuna System.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

The last 3 episodes alone have brought me to tears every single time. The story is slow at first, but when it picks up. Oh boy is it incredible. I don't want to write much more and spoil it. But if you want something that is a character driven anime, with fantastic animation. Then This is for you.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Server: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2016-06-11 19:22:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Shadowlina said: »
I'm going to bump this thread, with the last 4 episodes Kiznaiver being as excellent as they have bee. I Recommend Kiznaiver.

Quote:
Katsuhira Agata is a quiet and reserved teenage boy whose sense of pain has all but vanished. His friend, Chidori Takashiro, can only faintly remember the days before Katsuhira had undergone this profound change. Now, his muffled and complacent demeanor make Katsuhira a constant target for bullies, who exploit him for egregious sums of money. But their fists only just manage to make him blink, as even emotions are far from his grasp.

However, one day Katsuhira, Chidori, and four other teenagers are abducted and forced to join the Kizuna System as official "Kiznaivers." Those taking part are connected through pain: if one member is injured, the others will feel an equal amount of agony. These individuals must become the lab rats and scapegoats of an incomplete system designed with world peace in mind. With their fates literally intertwined, the Kiznaivers must expose their true selves to each other, or risk failing much more than just the Kizuna System.

[Written by MAL Rewrite]

The last 3 episodes alone have brought me to tears every single time. The story is slow at first, but when it picks up. Oh boy is it incredible. I don't want to write much more and spoil it. But if you want something that is a character driven anime, with fantastic animation. Then This is for you.

i stopped watchiing after episode 3 or so, I guess I'll pick it up again.
 Leviathan.Loona
Server: Leviathan
user: Loona
By Leviathan.Loona 2016-06-20 09:57:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I almost never see anyone recommend Abenobashi (known as either Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai or Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi), so I'm leaving a mention of that here.

The framing device is that of a couple of kids who live in a neighborhood that's being renovated and one of them is going to have to move to follow her dad's business. The neighborhood, however, unknown to all, is supernaturally protected by some overlooked structures which are early on damaged, opening the floodgates to alternate universe versions of the neighborhood to spill into their reality, which leads to each episode taking place in one of many themed worlds, like one based on RPGs, another on science fiction, martial arts, and so on, and that's where the bulk of the fun comes from.

Under all the fun stuff there's the core story of dealing with major changes in life, fiction and escapism, and family histories that go as far back as the protagonists' grandparents, which help give the whole thing a fairly solid emotional core.

It's a personal favorite for me, and since I rarely see anyone else mentioning it, I guess this is a bit of a personal mission to share its existence when appropriate.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-07-03 08:43:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Just saw that Orange started airing this season. Didn't know an anime adaptation was in the works! I'm interested in how it'll turn out.
By Blazed1979 2016-07-03 20:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Berserk 2016 started this week. 25 episodes planned.
If you're a Berserk fan, you will be pleased to know that it carries on from when the last of the recent Anime movies left off, which means that we will finally get to see the story continued outside of the great Manga.

The Animation is strange though, so be prepared.
[+]
By Gruknor 2016-07-03 20:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Berserk's anomation is not bad, it just takes some getting used to.

Food Wars season 2 also started. It is worth watching. Start with season 1. Enjoy all the foodgasms.
 Ragnarok.Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-07-03 22:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Blazed1979 said: »
Berserk 2016 started this week. 25 episodes planned.
If you're a Berserk fan, you will be pleased to know that it carries on from when the last of the recent Anime movies left off, which means that we will finally get to see the story continued outside of the great Manga.

The Animation is strange though, so be prepared.
I didn't mention Berserk because I assumed it was the one anime everybody knew about this season lol.

I watched the first ep, and my impression was: it's got no redeeming quality to get me hooked to the series :/ I didn't like the censorship as well. This is Berserk for Guts' sake.

I'm still interested in one thing though: the events in the episode were actually from chapter 1, the very beginning of the manga. And they inserted characters from the second half of the manga in it. They probably want to condense the story, and might omit some side stories or minor villains. I'm interested in seeing how that will play out!
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Rydal
user: Rydal
By Ragnarok.Rydal 2016-08-09 12:30:18
Link | Quote | Reply

I watched Erased a while ago. It gave me a lot of anxiety watching it. You should all go watch it.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-08-09 12:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Erased was a 14/10 anime; until the last 2 episodes. Dropped it to an 8/10 for me.

Still great, but man that ending though RIP

This season, ReZero. Rem best girl. Watch dat shyt ya'll.

And watch Erased. It's literally a 14/10 until the last few episodes
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-09 12:53:09
Link | Quote | Reply

This season has been really poor imo, only a few I can manage to watch
By Wordspoken 2016-08-09 12:53:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
Erased was a 14/10 anime; until the last 2 episodes. Dropped it to an 8/10 for me.

Still great, but man that ending though RIP

This season, ReZero. Rem best girl. Watch dat shyt ya'll.

And watch Erased. It's literally a 14/10 until the last few episodes
I thought the ending was ok. Regardless, it's one of the better animes out there, I definitely recommend it too.
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-09 13:05:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Boku no Pico. 9/10 story, 8/10 art.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2016-08-09 13:09:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Anna Ruthven said: »
Boku no Pico. 9/10 story, 8/10 art.
The two things I'm ever doing if I win the lotto are

A. Making sure The Devil is a Part Timer gets a second season
B. 1080p uncensored remake of Boku no Pico
[+]
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-09 13:23:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
A. Making sure The Devil is a Part Timer gets a second season

I thought it was a good one, surprised it didn't get a second season
 Carbuncle.Kaelthas
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Kaelthas 2016-08-09 13:25:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I recently got into Danganronpa: The animation. It's based off the murder-mystery games. Pretty good :o
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-09 13:43:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Kaelthas said: »
I recently got into Danganronpa: The animation. It's based off the murder-mystery games. Pretty good :o
Been meaning to watch that because Junko is waifu.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 38 39 40 ... 44 45 46